Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9380 replies to this topic

#451 B-Man

B-Man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

"Like New" doesn't appear for trading in games, but it does for movies, accessories, and other things.

Okay, that makes sense. I was confused mainly by TooPoor's post in which he said:

Why would you do that? As long as you keep your games scratch free, case crack free, complete and water damage free it's almost 100% going to be accepted as like new.

#452 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

I don't recommend anyone try this, one of my friends had massive issues when a $130 trade-in was nuked to $27... That was a bit of a bill on his Visa for the month.

Yeah, no surprise. I had a debate with a fellow CAG over this on the last page. Definitely wouldn't recommend anyone select that option.

FWIW I've been having far more issues with Noram over the last two months than ever before. UPS lost a package, Noram never processed a return, two titles were marked as "incorrect" even though they were completely correct...and values have been, at least on my trade-ins, much lower than they used to be.

#453 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Okay, that makes sense. I was confused mainly by TooPoor's post in which he said:

Sorry if I confused you, I got the wording mixed up since I trade movies books and games to amazon. Yeah, by like new condition I meant the best condition that they offer.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#454 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

"Like New" doesn't appear for trading in games, but it does for movies, accessories, and other things.

What Vigilante said. You only get 2 options when trading in games:

1. Good.
2. Acceptable

Acceptable only applies if you choose the option to not take the games back. Then they give you the rate associated with acceptable option if it is not up to their standards or in "good" condition.

#455 B-Man

B-Man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Sorry if I confused you, I got the wording mixed up since I trade movies books and games to amazon. Yeah, by like new condition I meant the best condition that they offer.

No problem. Thanks for clearing that up.

#456 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

What Vigilante said. You only get 2 options when trading in games:

1. Good.
2. Acceptable

Acceptable only applies if you choose the option to not take the games back. Then they give you the rate associated with acceptable option if it is not up to their standards or in "good" condition.

Some have like new option for some reason- no description though, maybe they're getting rid of it.

#457 CAGALICIOUS

CAGALICIOUS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Does anyone know how to search for USED games? I am sure someone has listed a Gears Of War Judgement on Amazon already. Is there a certain link for it? I know how to find USED games for the older titles. Was just wondering if there was a way to see if it's been put on the Marketplace already.

#458 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Does anyone know how to search for USED games? I am sure someone has listed a Gears Of War Judgement on Amazon already. Is there a certain link for it? I know how to find USED games for the older titles. Was just wondering if there was a way to see if it's been put on the Marketplace already.

Shouldn't it be as easy as going to the main product page and looking at "More Buying Choices" on the right?

#459 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

New games tend to be restricted for at least a few days, if not a couple of months. You won't find any used copies on there.

If you're interested in a copy, though, PM me. I wouldn't mind selling mine.

#460 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Anyone know what I need to trade in with my 3DS besides charger. Box? Stylus? SD card?

#461 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Anyone know what I need to trade in with my 3DS besides charger. Box? Stylus? SD card?

To get the highest value, expect to need everything it came with new (stylus, original box, sometimes even the plastic bags things were wrapped in). They're surprisingly uptight about that stuff when it comes to consoles.

#462 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

To get the highest value, expect to need everything it came with new (stylus, original box, sometimes even the plastic bags things were wrapped in). They're surprisingly uptight about that stuff when it comes to consoles.

thanks. I have all that. even the plastics!

#463 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Amazon is currently selling a 32gb Vita Memory card for $89.06 but the trade in value $102.90. So thats what $13 bucks profit if you wanted to tie up some cash into Amazon gift cards.

Personally I don't want to but figure some of you on here might want to for whatever reason :roll:.

#464 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Amazon is currently selling a 32gb Vita Memory card for $89.06 but the trade in value $102.90. So thats what $13 bucks profit if you wanted to tie up some cash into Amazon gift cards.

Personally I don't want to but figure some of you on here might want to for whatever reason :roll:.

Most people here have $89.06 in Amazon credit already and would just be doing it to make more credit.

#465 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

yeah but you can only lock it in for trade in as good, which is $87.45. so eh....
i dont know if they will free upgrade you to 103 if it's sealed, but ymmv.
too risky for me with too lil profit margin, but too each their own.
n yeah i would just be doing credit to credit, but still not worth it. thanks tho

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#466 Laischec

Laischec

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

I submitted one for the 32gb card and it already says "processing..." does that mean they're going to cancel it?
Also, Assassin's Creed: Ezio Trilogy for PS3 is selling for $23 right now and trading for $24.

#467 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Damn I would have done that but the trade value is down :c
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#468 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

not bad TIVs for recent games

Bioshock Infinite 43
Tomb Raider/God of War Ascension/Gears Judgment 38.05

#469 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Army of Two Devil's Cartel is $38.95 for the 360 right now.

#470 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Bioshock Infinite 43

Might have to jump on that GOW & Gears trade in.

Question, Gears and a lot of other games don't have any paper/physical instruction manuals anymore. Chance that might Gears Judgement might get rejected because I DON'T have one/there isn't one?

Are you guys that are trading it in, including the Gears of War 1 DLC card just to have something in there?

#471 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Might have to jump on that GOW & Gears trade in.

Question, Gears and a lot of other games don't have any paper/physical instruction manuals anymore. Chance that might Gears Judgement might get rejected because I DON'T have one/there isn't one?

Are you guys that are trading it in, including the Gears of War 1 DLC card just to have something in there?

I think you should put in a note that says something like "This game does not come with a physical instructions booklet (The publisher has decided to replace physical booklets with electronic versions)."

#472 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Even though it sucks.. worth trying it out and sending back if your a fan.

Walking Dead Survival Instict trade in currently $31.05 which is odd since Amazon is selling for 29.99 to match bb.

1080i is for douchebags

#473 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

DSi XL Starter Kit (Wine) - 70.00

This is a weird one because all colors share a upc (and the one that's generally available has a different upc than what's on Amazon apparently). However, if you feel lucky, available at TRU for $30 and Target (in-store) for $25.

#474 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

43 for Bioshock Infinite. Had to submitted it but still unsure about letting it go. I kinda wanna keep it cuz it cames with Bioshock.

#475 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Bioshock Infinite 43

You are better putting these on eBay. Straight cash $$$
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#476 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Not really. Bioshock Infinite is consistently selling around the $40s. Factor in shipping and eBay fees and you'll probably be getting less than you would from Amazon. Same situation with God of War.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#477 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather get $43 in Amazon credit than $38-40 after eBay fees.

#478 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather get $43 in Amazon credit than $38-40 after eBay fees.

Same here, plus you don't have to deal with dumb buyers who don't know how to read.

#479 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

DSi XL Starter Kit (Wine) - 70.00

This is a weird one because all colors share a upc (and the one that's generally available has a different upc than what's on Amazon apparently). However, if you feel lucky, available at TRU for $30 and Target (in-store) for $25.

Thanks Pete. Gonna give this one a shot. Gotta admit - this is the one thread I am always glad to see get bumped with good information.

#480 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

While I'd support Amazon a billion times before I'd support Ebay, $38 in cash is worth more than $43 Amazon credit. You can easily take the $38-40 in cash and convert it to a lot more than $43 in Amazon credit.