Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9300 replies to this topic

#481 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Speaking of Devil's Cartel, GS has them and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 for $47.99 used (both systems) and with a certain coupon and PUR discount it comes out to $34.55 for them all each.

Trades in at Amazon as following:

:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - $42.25
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - $38.95
:360: Army of Two The Devil's Cartel - $38.95
:ps3: Army of Two The Devil's Cartel - $38.25

#482 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

Speaking of Devil's Cartel, GS has them and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 for $47.99 used (both systems) and with a certain coupon and PUR discount it comes out to $34.55 for them all each.

Trades in at Amazon as following:

:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - $42.25
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 - $38.95
:360: Army of Two The Devil's Cartel - $38.95
:ps3: Army of Two The Devil's Cartel - $38.25

GS also sells AMZ gift cards now digitally, so if you're just trying to move credit and don't want to wait or deal with the coupon stuff, that's an option too. Your way is definitely better if people want a free rental or to make a couple bucks by going through the trade in process though. Just an FYI...

#483 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

GS also sells AMZ gift cards now digitally, so if you're just trying to move credit and don't want to wait or deal with the coupon stuff, that's an option too. Your way is definitely better if people want a free rental or to make a couple bucks by going through the trade in process though. Just an FYI...

I know about the digital $25 Amz gc at GS. This is more so as you said a rental + credit mover but also to get some PUR points in the process.

#484 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

While I'd support Amazon a billion times before I'd support Ebay, $38 in cash is worth more than $43 Amazon credit. You can easily take the $38-40 in cash and convert it to a lot more than $43 in Amazon credit.

Or you could take $43 amazon credit and convert it to a lot more cash. It goes both ways.

I think the key here is that amazon is less of a hassle to most people.

#485 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:10 AM

If any of you have 1 of those $100 16GB HP Touchpads laying around, you can get up to $99 for it.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#486 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:15 AM

Or you could take $43 amazon credit and convert it to a lot more cash. It goes both ways.

I think the key here is that amazon is less of a hassle to most people.

It goes both ways but it's a lot easier to go from cash to something else than the other way around. Cash is worth more than credit.

#487 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

http://www.amazon.co...?tag=scurker-20

DSi XL Starter Kit (Wine) - 70.00

This is a weird one because all colors share a upc (and the one that's generally available has a different upc than what's on Amazon apparently). However, if you feel lucky, available at TRU for $30 and Target (in-store) for $25.

DOA its 2.xx in trade @mazon

#488 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

for those of you that are stuck (like I felt I was) with some CE's you don't want that got clearanced at GS:

360 Max Payne 3 CE: $23.60
PS3 Uncharted 3 CE: $28.70
360 Assassins Creed III CE: $72.90

Also bioshock is trading for around 45 for both ps3 and 360

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#489 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Tomb Raider is now trading in at a whopping 45 bucks!

Pissed that my 38 dollar trade in was just sent....

#490 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

ya, they bumped a bunch of TIV today. I re-submitted the three I listed, that got me an extra 20 total so I was happy.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

#491 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

Gears of War Judgement is also at the $45 mark.
Defiance is 43.

infinite just got the nukedown to $1.

#492 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

damn what's making some of these tiv so high. I traded in some newer releases to GS thinking that's the best I'd get.

#493 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

Defiance is 43.

Thanks bud.

#494 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Gonna go ahead and lock-in Tomb Raider, haven't even beaten it yet and I've had it since release day (CE too even) but I can force my way through I suppose.

Ridiculous how BioShock went down to $1, who does these things?

#495 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Gonna go ahead and lock-in Tomb Raider, haven't even beaten it yet and I've had it since release day (CE too even) but I can force my way through I suppose.

Ridiculous how BioShock went down to $1, who does these things?

What happened to Infinite? I was about to lock it in. Judgment is down to $.25 too. Luckily I traded it in last week along with crappy Walking Dead.

#496 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

we call that the lurker effect.

Tomb Raider is down to 36 on the 360, 12 something on the ps3, everything else has essentially been nuked. Defiance remains at $43 for both ps3 and 360.

next time i'll just post it in the trade in group rather than here I guess.

#497 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

for those of you that are stuck (like I felt I was) with some CE's you don't want that got clearanced at GS:

360 Max Payne 3 CE: $23.60
PS3 Uncharted 3 CE: $28.70
360 Assassins Creed III CE: $72.90

Also bioshock is trading for around 45 for both ps3 and 360

Thanks for posting this--I checked the TIV for the :ps3: ACIII CE, noticed it's at the same value, and locked in the trade. I've had it sitting around since getting it from BBY last December for $69.99, only opening it once to verify the contents and not leaving anything out of the box, and I think I can let it go, especially if I can get most of my money back. At least that way I wouldn't feel stupid every time the standard ACIII pops up at $15-$20. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/22]: :vita: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (4/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#498 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

I just picked up the AC3 LE from GS. I didn't realize GS had its own exclusive edition. If I trade it in as the regular edition, anyone have any feedback if they will reject it? Also, what if I just remove the plastic cylinder with the UPC on it and just send in the sealed boxed contents? Thanks for any help in advance.

#499 TheLounge

TheLounge

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:10 AM

I just picked up the AC3 LE from GS. I didn't realize GS had its own exclusive edition. If I trade it in as the regular edition, anyone have any feedback if they will reject it? Also, what if I just remove the plastic cylinder with the UPC on it and just send in the sealed boxed contents? Thanks for any help in advance.

Further, when you trade in the CE do they want every single item that came with it?
:booty: Working on the last few trophies on JustCause2 plat :booty:

Looking for: GCs to BB
Have tons of: Skylanders figures, Mortal Kombat DLC codes, Square-Enix codes (ps3?), Armor of Brutus PS3 code, Revelations online pass PS3... please pm

#500 247

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

No, just take everything out and return an empty box :roll:

Edit: wrong thread lmao

Edited by 209chromatic, 10 April 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#501 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Defiance is 43.

Man, Judgment is now down to $0.25.

I was hoping I could Amazon would price match the difference between my $38 trade in and the $45 one.

#502 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

What happened to Infinite? I was about to lock it in. Judgment is down to $.25 too. Luckily I traded it in last week along with crappy Walking Dead.

Could it be because Target had that clearance price of $30 and people were submitting tons of trades for that?

Thanks for posting this--I checked the TIV for the :ps3: ACIII CE, noticed it's at the same value, and locked in the trade. I've had it sitting around since getting it from BBY last December for $69.99, only opening it once to verify the contents and not leaving anything out of the box, and I think I can let it go, especially if I can get most of my money back. At least that way I wouldn't feel stupid every time the standard ACIII pops up at $15-$20. :-#

I realized that I didn't need those things inside that CE and sold everything for about $120 separately, but so much effort :/

#503 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

Lots of fun bumps for weird stuff, go take a look at the tracker if you've got some free time. Consoles specifically have had some good bumps, so if you're looking to get rid of one it's worth checking out. Also, anyone that bought the recent Sly :ps3: game for the cross buy, it's up to 21.85.

#504 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

That PS3 Thrustmaster wheel is worth a ton but looks like the eBay listings that are cheaper than the TIV are only for the wheel stand. It's a little confusing because the ads have a picture including the wheel when they're not actually part of the sale.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#505 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

here's to hoping my 360 assassins creed III CE is accepted, don't know if the gamestop special edition will be an issue.

#506 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

here's to hoping my 360 assassins creed III CE is accepted, don't know if the gamestop special edition will be an issue.

I was looking to do the same thing. I also hope that the GS exclusive doesn't throw a wrench into the trade-in.

#507 247

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

SKU # don't match.

#508 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

I'm looking through all my old trade ins and the only game I can think of that the SKU doesn't match was Assassin's Creed: Revelations awhile ago that I sent in from Best Buy (I think they had a special edition for the ps3 version) and it got accepted.

#509 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

SKU # don't match.

There's retailer specific copies for the standard edition - but are you sure that there was one for the limited edition too?

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#510 xenozfan2

xenozfan2

Trippin' on apples!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

If i send in the special edition ocarina of time will it be accepted? It doesn't have a trade in page.
Posted Image

"Ain't nobody said I couldn't ride that bitch, so I rode that bitch."