Photo
* * * * - 20 votes

Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9232 replies to this topic

#541 247

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

Did anyone send their Gamestop Assassins creed 3 LE? Did it get accepted?

#542 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

Does amazon check the trade-in of collector edition more tightly than regular edition? For example, GOW CE.

#543 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:34 AM

The skyrim collector's edition for PS3 trades for $122. It's been converted to used in Gamestop so it's unlikely you can find one nowadays but who knows for any of ya'll that get lucky.

finding a free carboard box that big is going to be the hard part

#544 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

finding a free carboard box that big is going to be the hard part

you can buy boxes at Home Depot. the cheapest places to buy em are used boxes at packaging companies

#545 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

I just want to warn others that if someone want to trade Ps3 tomb raider to amazon to get $34 gift card, you should send the outer box case because the UPC is different from the outer box case and the game case. Moreover, you should ship the art book. Someone said he can trade the game back in amazon and keep the artbook, but it is far from the truth as amazon do mind the upc code. That is the reason why most of us got the game with the artbook.

Tomb Raider
Platform: PlayStation 3 EAN: 0662248912776
Submitted Condition: Good Qty: 1
Expected Amount Per Item: $34.00

But the ps3 case one is 662248910420

#546 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Haha, I lost $30 on a trade in because I didn't include the one-page manual that basically said "turn controller on and hit buttons." Oh well, I didn't want it anyway and I'm happy with what I got.

#547 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Haha, I lost $30 on a trade in because I didn't include the one-page manual that basically said "turn controller on and hit buttons." Oh well, I didn't want it anyway and I'm happy with what I got.

What do you mean? They reject your controller and send it back to you?

#548 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:08 AM

What do you mean? They reject your controller and send it back to you?

I traded in an arcade stick. I listed it in "Good" condition but it was downgraded to "Acceptable" and the reason stated was "Missing Manual." It's fine, they still gave me more than I would've got elsewhere, but damn if I would've kept that piece of paper lol.

#549 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I traded in an arcade stick. I listed it in "Good" condition but it was downgraded to "Acceptable" and the reason stated was "Missing Manual." It's fine, they still gave me more than I would've got elsewhere, but damn if I would've kept that piece of paper lol.

The difference is $30 between two condition. It is high. What is your TIV of your controller?

#550 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

The difference is $30 between two condition. It is high. What is your TIV of your controller?

It was something like $40 for Good and $12 for Acceptable or something. I have a lot of arcade sticks and honestly I got the better end of the deal. I would not feel right selling it to someone else for $12 haha. It's the Hori EX2. Lightweight and basically designed to stop working without any way to improve it. I struggled to use the stick because the parts were so bad.

#551 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

The skyrim collector's edition for PS3 trades for $122.

Damn, I should send my extra in. Got one way back from BB and GS, paid in credit, each $60.

I kept one to break down for the artbook and statue, traded in the disk for some crazy amount of trade in credit (~$35-$40), kept one intact.

Anyone have an idea of what these are going for now? Seems Ebay lists show them all over the place but I can't find how to filter to completed auctions.

#552 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Damn, I should send my extra in. Got one way back from BB and GS, paid in credit, each $60.

I kept one to break down for the artbook and statue, traded in the disk for some crazy amount of trade in credit (~$35-$40), kept one intact.

Anyone have an idea of what these are going for now? Seems Ebay lists show them all over the place but I can't find how to filter to completed auctions.

Look right below the search bar:

Spoiler

#553 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Look right below the search bar:

Spoiler

Ah, thanks. Getting old.....;)

#554 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

I just want to warn others that if someone want to trade Ps3 tomb raider to amazon to get $34 gift card, you should send the outer box case because the UPC is different from the outer box case and the game case. Moreover, you should ship the art book. Someone said he can trade the game back in amazon and keep the artbook, but it is far from the truth as amazon do mind the upc code. That is the reason why most of us got the game with the artbook.

Tomb Raider
Platform: PlayStation 3 EAN: 0662248912776
Submitted Condition: Good Qty: 1
Expected Amount Per Item: $34.00

But the ps3 case one is 662248910420

If you type the UPC from the game itself, it brings up the same page just as the UPC of the game w- artbook

#555 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

If you type the UPC from the game itself, it brings up the same page just as the UPC of the game w- artbook

But when you are in the page of trade in, it is different.

#556 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

Army of Two Devil's Cartel still holding at 34 for ps3, 360 version actually went up.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#557 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:50 AM

FYI... Get $20 Bonus Credit with $20 Worth of Video Game Trade-Ins (4/21 - 4/27)

http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=979418011

Terms and Conditions
To receive the Promotion:
• Initiate a video game trade-in between April 21, 2013 and April 27, 2013.
• If the trade-in is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email.
• Add a qualifying item described in the offer to your Shopping Cart.
• The discount will be applied automatically to your purchase of the qualifying item.

Terms and Conditions:
• The promotion is limited to one per customer. If there is more than one eligible item in your Shopping Cart, the promotion applies to only the lowest priced item.
• The discount is valid until July 31, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
• If your video game trade-in is not submitted in accordance with the instructions, or is not accepted, you are not eligible for the promotion and you will not receive a promotion.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to qualifying items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. It does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com web site.
• If you return the qualifying item purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click. The offer may not be combined with other offers.
• Shipping and handling charges apply to all products.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Void if copied, transferred, or prohibited.

Edited by kangchousa, 21 April 2013 - 07:57 AM.
Added T&C

#558 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

Am I reading that right? $20 in credit with any combination of trade-in items worth more than $20?

I wonder what stipulations there'll be on usage of the credit.

#559 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

FYI... Get $20 Bonus Credit with $20 Worth of Video Game Trade-Ins (4/21 - 4/27)

http://www.amazon.co..._rd_i=979418011

Hmm, traded in my Gears of War Judgment about two weeks ago. Wondering if I should go talk to customer service...

#560 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

^DANG, that's a pretty sweet deal! It's too bad it's limited to one per customer. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/11]: :ps3: Braid (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#561 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

Awesome promo, I'll definitely trade in Infinite if I could get $56 for it.

#562 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

I wonder if it'll be a situation where whatever you have to buy is a rip off. Thinking of doing it but I don't like the timed duration of using the credit either.

#563 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hmm, traded in my Gears of War Judgment about two weeks ago. Wondering if I should go talk to customer service...

Considering they are giving a nice shiny quarter for it right now (glitch?) I doubt anything will happen lol.

#564 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

If you were going to trade something with a TIV >$20 anyway, this promo just makes it an even better trade.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#565 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Wait. What does all this mean?

• If you do not purchase the qualifying item when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• The promotion applies only to qualifying items sold and shipped by Amazon.com. It does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com web site.
• If you return the qualifying item purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.

I must buy something from Amazon.com then trade it and it can be cancelled because I bought something from Amazon.com and traded it back?

Wouldn't that disqualify almost everyone? Is this a trap?

#566 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

Am I reading that right? $20 in credit with any combination of trade-in items worth more than $20?

I wonder what stipulations there'll be on usage of the credit.

"$20 Video game bonus credit" gonna guess a videogame sold by Amazon / AWD.
The wording's confusing but the basic's are trade in ANY game>$20 and get an EXTRA $20 bonus credit for use on VIDEOGAMES sold by amazon and shipped by amazon, bonus credit may not last forever.

#567 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm guessing the listed date of July 31 is the expiration date of the credit.

I suppose I won't be too fussed if the $20 turns out to be only applicable to crap being sold at MSRP, since I'm going to be trading in some stuff to move GS credit to Amazon anyway, but it'd be nice to know whether it's garbage or not.

#568 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

FYI, I don't see it mentioned anywhere in the terms and conditions that the game you buy with the $20 credit has to be in stock...so conceivably, you could use it to preorder something sold by Amazon, whether it releases before 7/31 or not (obvious examples for games releasing before 7/31 are The Last of Us Survival Edition, Muramasa Rebirth LE, Project X Zone, etc.).

Edited by Vigilante, 21 April 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#569 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm sorry, but it seems pretty obvious that this is for any game sold by Amazon. Same as they do with bonus credit for preordering. You get $x.xx amount of credit that can only apply to video games. If it was for specific items, they would have a list.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#570 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

so technically, amazon warehouse items are excluded? right? since they are considered different entity from amazon.com