Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9637 replies to this topic

#61 FlamingXDragon

FlamingXDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:18 AM

Does anyone know if Amazon is...finicky when it comes to trading in Vita games? $18.90 for Uncharted: Golden Abyss looks like the best value I can get right now ($12 base at GS, $3 base at BBY), but I'm curious as to whether Amazon will downgrade it to Acceptable on the basis that it's missing the instruction booklet when (as we all know) Vita games don't have those.

I have traded in two PS Vita games to amazon so far (mortal kombat, rayman origins) with no problems. Accepted both as good. But I usually have good luck with my trade ins at amazon anyway.

#62 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

They've rejected one of my games out of ignorance. Just put a little stickie note inside your trade in where the manual should be saying "Hello, Vita games don't have manuals. Thanks."

You'll be fine.

This, it sounds silly but will almost certainly work. I haven't been rejected yet on manual-less vita games.

MildObstruction.png

#63 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

Tracker is back.

Daily tracker is fucked up from what I can tell.

Most of the vlaues are correct, but the links are wrong.

#64 J7.

J7.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

I agree. I don't know why, but the sequels to Super Mario Galaxy and NSMB were just...better to me in every way; each one instilled the same feelings I had when I played Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island forever ago, but their predecessors didn't really feel the same. 8-)

EDIT: Before I forget, you can trade in Mario & Sonic At the London 2012 Olympic Games (:wii:) for $24.90. Gamefly is currently selling it used for $9.99 with free shipping, and you can order up to two. ;)

I suppose there might some risk due to the chipped disc issue, but I still locked in a two-copy trade and bought two copies. :D

What is the chipped disc issue you mentioned? Is that when the disc has a crack in it's inner hole?

#65 Person808

Person808

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

What is the chipped disc issue you mentioned? Is that when the disc has a crack in it's inner hole?

Gamefly discs are prone to having small little chips on the outer edge of the discs probably due to mailing back and forth through processing machines.

#66 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I just got a copy of saints row third ps3 with a dent in it that took that part a of the disc out of round a bit. Why don't Netflix discs look like that that.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#67 J7.

J7.

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Gamefly discs are prone to having small little chips on the outer edge of the discs probably due to mailing back and forth through processing machines.

Thanks. Are they cosmetic only or sometimes affect the game working?

#68 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=468642

#69 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Wow, 50 promo towards a PS3 or 360+ the 70 in trade credit? That seems like it'd be rock solid. Time to check Craigslist

EDIT: I may be stupid, but how come I can't find the option for electing to allow them to downgrade the TIV if it doesn't match the quality I set it to?

Edited by Friend of Sonic, 28 October 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#70 kangchousa

kangchousa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Wow, 50 promo towards a PS3 or 360+ the 70 in trade credit? That seems like it'd be rock solid. Time to check Craigslist

EDIT: I may be stupid, but how come I can't find the option for electing to allow them to downgrade the TIV if it doesn't match the quality I set it to?

They automatically downgrade/upgrade as long as you select 'Do not return the item' for 'Return Options' on 'Review Your Trade-In Submission' page.

#71 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

They seem to downgrade more often when choosing the ”do not return” option from experience
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#72 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

They automatically downgrade/upgrade as long as you select 'Do not return the item' for 'Return Options' on 'Review Your Trade-In Submission' page.

Oh really? Okay, I was afraid if I selected that, they would keep the item. I seem to remember there being another option specifically asking about what to do with items they've downgraded-- to return, or give the downgraded value.

EDIT: Checked a second account. My primary account is skipping that option. I think a few months ago I set it to always select return the item if it gets downgraded. How can I change that?
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#73 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Wow it includes a ps vita... Assassins creed and 3G and prolly all of them

#74 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Hmm, i've been postponing(procrastinating wiping it clean) sending in my Droid X for about 2 months, since value has stayed the same. Now I see its dropped $25 and I need to ship it by Tuesday. Sandy says that isn't happening.

#75 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

lol how fucking dumb.
they denied my cartridge only gba games.
did they seriously expect me to give them CIB gba games? wtf

#76 chuckwagon

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:27 PM

Wow, a $177 for my 3DS XL.

#77 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Star Ocean TLH International Guide is trading in for a good amount. Good flip if you got it from amazon when they had these on sale for like $15

http://www.amazon.co...tar ocean guide

Not quite as good as last year when they were like $75 ish I think? But still a pretty good TiV if you are looking to unload an extra or something I suppose.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#78 io

io

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

I think I might have one of those sitting around. $35 is a decent price. It looks like they sell for $50 or so on eBay but $35 at Amazon is a good less-hassle alternative for just slightly less money (albeit in credit).

lol how fucking dumb.
they denied my cartridge only gba games.
did they seriously expect me to give them CIB gba games? wtf

Yeah, that's all I had to trade. Hell, I even had the little plastic bags the carts came in for all my games ;). But seriously, they should have taken them as "acceptable" and I would contact Amazon if that was the case. If you locked them in as "good", though, then yeah, for sure they need to be complete.

#79 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hmm, i've been postponing(procrastinating wiping it clean) sending in my Droid X for about 2 months, since value has stayed the same. Now I see its dropped $25 and I need to ship it by Tuesday. Sandy says that isn't happening.

I'm sure if you try talking to them they could probably make an exception or something :o

#80 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

If they give me trouble, i'll talk to CS =]

Actually just found the phone's box last night, so could've made an extra $10 too as like new condition - oh well.

#81 evanwink

evanwink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

If they give me trouble, i'll talk to CS =]

Actually just found the phone's box last night, so could've made an extra $10 too as like new condition - oh well.

They do sometimes upgrade. Send it in when you can, the ship deadline isn't a hard rule as I'm sure you know. Just needs to get to them within 25 days (iirc).

#82 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

They do sometimes upgrade. Send it in when you can, the ship deadline isn't a hard rule as I'm sure you know. Just needs to get to them within 25 days (iirc).

I guess it depends. I dropped off a trade-in at my local UPS Store a day or two after the recommended shipping date and it was rejected outright about 10 days later ("expired").

Contacting Amazon CS after it hadn't been returned to me about two weeks later worked great, though (received full trade-in credit).

#83 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

my ME3 trade was just rejected because they didn't receive in time. Bullshit I send them two games in one package and the other was accepted and the gift card was deposit.
Interesting phone call just right now apparently they couldn't check the status of the trade because it hasn't been 30 days. I got an email today saying it was cancel because it wasn't received in 25 days. ? was told to call back after 30 days. Fucking stupid.

Edited by j.t, 05 November 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#84 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

my ME3 trade was just rejected because they didn't receive in time. Bullshit I send them two games in one package and the other was accepted and the gift card was deposit.
Interesting phone call just right now apparently they couldn't check the status of the trade because it hasn't been 30 days. I got an email today saying it was cancel because it wasn't received in 25 days. ? was told to call back after 30 days. Fucking stupid.

On the bright side, if you wait to call back and explain the situation, you'll probably get the credit, though it'll be Amazon promo credit rather than gift card credit.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#85 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

Was it one trade with two items or did you send in two seperate trades in one box? If it was two trades in one box did you get credit for the one that you printed the shipping label for or the other one?

#86 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

They've had one of my games "Processing" for a week and a half and the 25th day is Monday. Other items that were received after that one have already posted. I'm positive I'm gonna have to have a chat with CS about that one. No biggie. Stuff happens...

#87 mrright4you4now

mrright4you4now

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

2 of my last 3 have done the same thing. I have two more that are processing and have been for a week. I worry that its going to happen again and CS is going to start wondering what the heck. To be honest I want to know the same thing. What the crap amazon?

#88 DudeImGodly

DudeImGodly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

2 of my last 3 have done the same thing. I have two more that are processing and have been for a week. I worry that its going to happen again and CS is going to start wondering what the heck. To be honest I want to know the same thing. What the crap amazon?

Third party company does trade ins not Amazon.

#89 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Was it one trade with two items or did you send in two seperate trades in one box? If it was two trades in one box did you get credit for the one that you printed the shipping label for or the other one?

yea it was two different trades in and I got credit for the the one I printed the shipping label

#90 thetobster

thetobster

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

anyone noticed they have an extra $50 for trading in a Wii towards another console? You can buy a complete regular Wii for $65, and trade it in for $70 + $50 towards a PS3