Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9637 replies to this topic

#181 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

Welp so much for trading in my vita. Just logged into do lock it in but the vita is already down to $100 from $150

Not worth it for $100

#182 Flame Killa

Flame Killa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

I was going to trade in my 3DS and I have the manuals and inserts and stuff, but I'm not sure I have the cardboard that seperated everything in the package. Will they take it without that? I'm trading it for "like new".

#183 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

just got my 2 happy endings verified for $15 each. wootwoot. that was a bit later than i usually send them in but bestbuy was holding them hostage for so long and i couldnt even cancel them. wish i would have jumped on tivs last night like far cry 3, ac3, etc, but alas, i missed them. oh wellz. peace all

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#184 outkastx

outkastx

Deals R Us

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I was going to trade in my 3DS and I have the manuals and inserts and stuff, but I'm not sure I have the cardboard that seperated everything in the package. Will they take it without that? I'm trading it for "like new".

I'm in the same boat, I locked in on "good" because my son tossed the box, but even "good" requires the damn packaging. Crap.

#185 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

I think it'd be worth giving it a shot, go ahead and send it. You have most everything it sounds like.

#186 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I think it'd be worth giving it a shot, go ahead and send it. You have most everything it sounds like.

I agree with handsomepete--give it a shot.

One thing, though: Make sure it's somewhat charged (i.e., the battery light doesn't turn red immediately when or soon after you turn the system on), as trades might be rejected if they shut off due to low power.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#187 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Hi guys.

http://www.amazon.co...rt_cartadd_asin

30.00 space bucks, seems quite easy to source at Gamestops. Good luck.

#188 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

Hi guys.

http://www.amazon.co...rt_cartadd_asin

30.00 space bucks, seems quite easy to source at Gamestops. Good luck.

It's really only easy to find used at one store near me, but maybe I can just use a $10 off coupon on a new copy (far more readily available) to cushion the financial blow...or maybe I'll buy it without the coupon for the heck of it since I've got all this GS credit thanks to the just-ended promo for increased TIVs.

Thanks for posting. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#189 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

Already down to $20.

#190 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

thanks for the post. i locked it in at 30 as well, but unfortunately don't have any used within 70 miles of here. 3 or 4 of them new though within a few miles, definitely will pick them up using all that gs credit i just got from the recent promo as well!

#191 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Got my 2 x National Geographic Challenge :wii: used today no problems at Gamestop, both in mint condition. One last present from Saint Amazon before the year comes to a close. Without a doubt the best trade-in year ever!

#192 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

So I sent in 2 copies of Skyward Sword for trade on the 10th. Checked the tracking number today and it says the package was delivered October 27th 2011? Anybody ever seen that before? Who should I get ahold of, Amazon or UPS?

#193 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

So I sent in 2 copies of Skyward Sword for trade on the 10th. Checked the tracking number today and it says the package was delivered October 27th 2011? Anybody ever seen that before? Who should I get ahold of, Amazon or UPS?

Did you type in the number wrong? Maybe the number was recycled, but they haven't updated it with your info yet.

#194 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

They re-use tracking numbers all the time, but it should have updated when it was scanned at the drop off location.

#195 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

yes, 8 out 10 times I send something in.

No one.

#196 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I locked in my trade-in for a like-new flame red 3DS with the box, manual, inserts, cardboard seperator and styrofoam bags for $100 back on 12/1/2012 and sent it out a few days later. Amazon rejected it because "Console does not work" so shipped it back to me. I just got my 3DS back. Guess what?! It works perfectly fine:headache:

#197 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

can anyone give me a good reason NOT to trade in King Kong 360 right now for $20.00??

1080i is for douchebags

#198 io

io

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:41 AM

can anyone give me a good reason NOT to trade in King Kong 360 right now for $20.00??

No, and thanks for the tip - this is the first time in a long time I've been able to lock something in before it drops.

Whenever an old and seemingly worthless game goes up in value like this I always check to see if it has really gone up in value by checking eBay. It is indeed worth more there than it used to be - but more in the range of $15-$20. Even if you sell on eBay, given shipping and fees, it is definitely worth it to send it to Amazon.

Now if you have a new/sealed copy, that is an entirely different story. I need to dig mine out and see if I ever opened it. I think my son played it for 1 day like 3 years ago - if so, that might have cost me $30 or more ;).

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35c21395c0

#199 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

just got back from gamestop after picking up my 2nd copy of national geographic for wii to trade in for $30 as posted above. now locked in 2 copies of this to trade in as well!

#200 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

No, and thanks for the tip - this is the first time in a long time I've been able to lock something in before it drops.

Whenever an old and seemingly worthless game goes up in value like this I always check to see if it has really gone up in value by checking eBay.

Interestingly Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom :gc: jumped up to $30 for a while yesterday and I did the same thing (only to discover that it was relatively cheap on ebay). So they haven't completely locked things down since the gigantor tradefest, the window and number of titles is just much much smaller.

#201 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Whenever an old and seemingly worthless game goes up in value like this I always check to see if it has really gone up in value by checking eBay. It is indeed worth more there than it used to be - but more in the range of $15-$20. Even if you sell on eBay, given shipping and fees, it is definitely worth it to send it to Amazon.

Now if you have a new/sealed copy, that is an entirely different story. I need to dig mine out and see if I ever opened it. I think my son played it for 1 day like 3 years ago - if so, that might have cost me $30 or more ;).

For example:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item35c21395c0

I think like new copies are getting harder to find. The going rate on amazon seems to indicate that the price will rise. $50 for collectible and 90-95 used. I know amazon is an not exact barometer of the resale market but as a vehicle for assessing the probability of a game becoming rare is pretty good. ( except when a game gets a reprint)

#202 io

io

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

I think like new copies are getting harder to find. The going rate on amazon seems to indicate that the price will rise. $50 for collectible and 90-95 used. I know amazon is an not exact barometer of the resale market but as a vehicle for assessing the probability of a game becoming rare is pretty good. ( except when a game gets a reprint)

Sealed copies are an entirely different animal since they just become more and more scarce as time goes on. I opened up my game closet and checked on the prices of a few random sealed 360 games I bought cheap long ago with the intention of playing. They were selling for $50+ on Amazon so I listed a few and have already gotten a few sales. I mean, $100+ for stuff collecting dust in my closet was hard to pass up.

But I think there are a lot of used copies of King Kong out there and while it might go up a bit more, I think $20 in Amazon credit is a good deal for it. But as you note, condition is a big deal. If you have a pristine, like new one, it might be worth holding on to. The one I have is either brand new or like new, so I might not send it in. And I definitely do not see a reprint happening on this particular game.

#203 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

im pretty sure mine is like new as most of my games are..

still had to pass up $20 for a game that i will prob never play again anyways

1080i is for douchebags

#204 io

io

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

im pretty sure mine is like new as most of my games are..

still had to pass up $20 for a game that i will prob never play again anyways

I'm assuming you meant "hard" to pass up. But yeah, I'd just do it. Even if you bother with selling on eBay and Amazon with all the fees (and risk), you won't get much more (if anything at all) than $20 for a like new copy at this time. It could go up more later, but you never know. The highest U.S. copy on eBay right now is $25 shipped, and there are many much lower than that - granted, none seem to be in "like new" condition but there you go... Completed auctions (a better indiactor of price than current listings anyway) range from $8 to $19 shipped. So, yeah, take the Amazon money and run ;).

I'd just advise anyone with a still-sealed copy to think twice though.

#205 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Playmobil: Circus Wii Trades in fo $14.95 currently and is $4.99 used at Gamestop.

also Trion Cube DS trades for $15.55(10.90 cart only) and is $1.99 used at gamestop if you can find it.

Petz Horseshoe Ranch DS and Disney sing it Family Hits Wii are also positive flips if you can find them.

I just wanted to say thank you. I wasn't able to find complete copies of everything but still managed to turn about $22 GS credit into about $72 AMZ credit.

#206 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Don't forget to send out by tomorrow if you locked in the Gamespot special trade-ins. Definitely getting rid of Madden and Hitman since they seem to be outliers. Keeping AC3/BL2 though, probably regret it later.

#207 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Thanks for the post. Only able to find one complete and one disc-only version at GameStop, but Acceptable was still fetching $16 and moving GameStop to Amazon credit at any net gain is worth it...

#208 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Sealed copies are an entirely different animal since they just become more and more scarce as time goes on. I opened up my game closet and checked on the prices of a few random sealed 360 games I bought cheap long ago with the intention of playing. They were selling for $50+ on Amazon so I listed a few and have already gotten a few sales. I mean, $100+ for stuff collecting dust in my closet was hard to pass up.

But I think there are a lot of used copies of King Kong out there and while it might go up a bit more, I think $20 in Amazon credit is a good deal for it. But as you note, condition is a big deal. If you have a pristine, like new one, it might be worth holding on to. The one I have is either brand new or like new, so I might not send it in. And I definitely do not see a reprint happening on this particular game.

I sold a sealed copy of 360 the incredible hulk to some crazy on amazon for 1$117! i hope they don't return it...I don't even remember where I got them from (i have another copy). :)
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#209 io

io

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

I sold a sealed copy of 360 the incredible hulk to some crazy on amazon for 1$117! i hope they don't return it...I don't even remember where I got them from (i have another copy). :)

Damn, I might have one of those around. Believe it or not, that game was $7.99 or so at Best Buy I think in summer of 2011. I bought it then but never played it so it ought to be around somewhere... I'm hoping to get to a GS tomorrow which has "limited stock" of King Kong - so probably just one disc-only beat-up copy. For the first time ever, I submitted this trade as willing to accept lower values (since $16 is still good). They take them disc-only for the lower value, right? I have never sent anything less than a complete near-pristine game to Amazon so this is new territory for me ;).

Edit: Just searched through my game order emails and Incredible Hulk 360 was $8.97 at bestbuy.com in July 2011. So I was close. It just goes to show you that you should never open a game until you intend to play it. Who would have thought Incredible Hulk or King Kong would have any value?

Here's another one for you: Surf's Up (360 also). I had that collecting dust in my closet and my kids were never interested in playing it. I have no idea where I got it but I think it might have been a Kmart clearance game 3-4 years ago. I sold the damn thing for $63 on Amazon the other day! The current lowest price on Amazon is $80, so maybe I even lowballed it a bit! To bring this back around on topic, the trade-in value is a measily $4.50 though. But that's because the used sales price isn't all that high: around $18. For King Kong the new/used prices are $95/$50, thus the higher trade-in value.

Edited by io, 21 December 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#210 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Nice! Bestbuy doesnt ring a bell for me but maybe...maybe toys r us, kmart, sears IDK lol

I have actually played both king kong and hulk a long time ago. King kong was meh, but i remember liking the hulk.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS