Amazon Trade-In FAQ 5.0

• Please log in to reply
9348 replies to this topic

#211 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

Crap I missed 2 big trades that I already have the games for. I wish my internet wasnt out for 2-3 days.

#212 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I started my trade for Assassins Creed 3 last Friday

So if I give it to UPS before they close today they won't reject my offer, right?

#213 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

I started my trade for Assassins Creed 3 last Friday

So if I give it to UPS before they close today they won't reject my offer, right?

nope, youll be fine.

#214 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

for anyone who happens to have a copy/can pick one or two up, sonic advance and sonic pinball party is trading for $30 complete.

http://www.amazon.co...pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1

#215 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

for anyone who happens to have a copy/can pick one or two up, sonic advance and sonic pinball party is trading for $30 complete.

http://www.amazon.co...pd_rhf_ee_p_t_1

$17.20

#216 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

Is it worth it to send an item a day after it was due?

I was pissed off this morning when I found out that Amazon wouldn't let me print the shipping label even though I had to send it by 12/21/12 (TODAY).

I emailed Amazon with no response. Then I finally realized I could get the shipping label through the email link still.

What's the worst that happens, they send me the games back?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#217 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:34 AM

Is it worth it to send an item a day after it was due?

I was pissed off this morning when I found out that Amazon wouldn't let me print the shipping label even though I had to send it by 12/21/12 (TODAY).

I emailed Amazon with no response. Then I finally realized I could get the shipping label through the email link still.

What's the worst that happens, they send me the games back?

You can still re-create the shipping label. Just make another tradein for anything, go to the print label for the new tradein.

Replace the Tradein ID and tracking number from the old tradein into the http page that you want to send in, you can get those from you tradein account page.

Question:

1. Since they change a few things. Is the UPS tracking/shipping label still good after the 7 days, I know they tried to limit the printing, but is the shipping label still good after the 7 days? Anyone know how long?

2. Is the tradein still good as long as it is "Processed" within 25 days?

#218 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

I just realized that I forgot to send in my Borderlands 2. I packaged it up, but set it aside and forgot about it. Oh well.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#219 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:44 AM

You can still re-create the shipping label. Just make another tradein for anything, go to the print label for the new tradein.

Replace the Tradein ID and tracking number from the old tradein into the http page that you want to send in, you can get those from you tradein account page.

Question:

1. Since they change a few things. Is the UPS tracking/shipping label still good after the 7 days, I know they tried to limit the printing, but is the shipping label still good after the 7 days?

OP says that was reported to not work anymore.

If anyone can answer these that would help too. I dont want to wasted a week+ in them getting my package and deciding to send it back. The value on these is very time sensitive and it seems like the value of new releases is dropping much faster than in the past.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#220 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

Question:

1. Since they change a few things. Is the UPS tracking/shipping label still good after the 7 days, I know they tried to limit the printing, but is the shipping label still good after the 7 days? Anyone know how long?

I thought I remember hearing that they've gotten really strict and it needs to be sent out within the 7 days now, however I'm not testing it. Sent my Hitman and Madden out before closing tonight.

#221 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hm...not sure why OP says that URL replace trick doesn't work to get shipping labels. Ive had no trouble right along. Ive run into a problem getting a few things out on time this month (laziness, mostly). And ive been able to reprint old labels and mail out a couple days late with no issues. YMMV I guess.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#222 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

There was a point when the URL replace trick didn't work (for me anyway), although I haven't traded in for a while so no clue when it was exactly as I'd tried to see if it still worked. It's working now though.

#223 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

I guess I'll send it out tomorrow. You can still print if you go through your email. Have not tried the other method the OP says does not work since october.

Worst case is they send it back right? I guess its worth the risk.

#224 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:05 AM

Question:

Yes to both your questions. Dunno how long the UPS label is active for though. I've mailed stuff over a week late (as recently as the week after Thanksgiving: some Max Payne 3 copies I locked in early at AMZ then picked up on the cheap at KMart with a coupon on BF) and as long as your games are Processed by the 25 day mark, then you're golden.

In fact, a couple of my most recent trades hit the 30 day mark before being credited/expired, but I wouldn't push the envelope here...

Edit: Looks like my Max Payne trades were sent in 9 days late, so I can verify that the labels are still active 16 days after creation/lock-in, if that helps...

#225 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

I guess I'll send it out tomorrow. You can still print if you go through your email. Have not tried the other method the OP says does not work since october.

Worst case is they send it back right? I guess its worth the risk.

You should be fine. I'm not even going to send my locked in high-value promo games out until Monday or Wednesday and I don't forsee any problems...

#226 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

There was a point when the URL replace trick didn't work (for me anyway), although I haven't traded in for a while so no clue when it was exactly as I'd tried to see if it still worked. It's working now though.

Yeah, it is working again. I think they killed it when thr crazy retro tiv were active.

#227 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

I dropped off a couple of the National Geographic games. I could only find new, but still, 19.99-->30.00 AMZ credit isn't a bad way to transfer GS credit. Assloads of stores had this game new in my area.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#228 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

If you're not willing to pay $122, then you shouldn't offer that much. My 3ds was declined because "the system was damaged." The hell it was, and they better send the same one back. For god's sake it still had all of the plastic that everything was wrapped in including the one separating the two screens. I cleaned it, inspected it, and fully charged the battery before sending it in. It was in a much larger box surrounded by air packets, and had not a single scratch on it anywhere.

If they send me back a pile of junk, Amazon and I are going to have a real bad time.

#229 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

Oh shit, dont know if I should risk sending in my mint 3ds and 3ds xl now.

Anyone have a 3ds/3dsxl accepted for that fri promo tiv yet?
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#230 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

damn with all the stories, IF there was a chance to sell it on craigs for the same amount... I would go that way
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#231 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

I dropped off a couple of the National Geographic games. I could only find new, but still, 19.99-->30.00 AMZ credit isn't a bad way to transfer GS credit. Assloads of stores had this game new in my area.

haha same here, of course no used copies and no response to my craigslist wanted ad either. maybe someone will respond to my craigslist ad for king kong that i locked in for $20 since i doubt GS will have complete copies..

#232 lnknprk

lnknprk

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

If you're not willing to pay $122, then you shouldn't offer that much. My 3ds was declined because "the system was damaged." The hell it was, and they better send the same one back. For god's sake it still had all of the plastic that everything was wrapped in including the one separating the two screens. I cleaned it, inspected it, and fully charged the battery before sending it in. It was in a much larger box surrounded by air packets, and had not a single scratch on it anywhere.

If they send me back a pile of junk, Amazon and I are going to have a real bad time.

Sometimes they just decline it because they don't want it anymore for that TIV, or they thought it didn't meet the criteria due to inspecting it in a hurry. I've had a tablet that was like new with all the packaging get returned with damaged accessory as the reason for rejection, but when I got it back it was in the same condition that I mailed it in. Working with nothing damaged. It looked like they didn't even bother plugging it in to actually check it. Just rejected it giving a bs reason.

#233 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

The Hobbit :xbox: - 30.00

Also, someone buy this:
Complete U.S. SNES Collection

Also again, National Geographic Challenge :wii: still brings 20.00 in, so if you need to move Gamestop credit and still have new (or used) copies in stock that's a good way to do it.

#234 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

The Hobbit :xbox: - 30.00

Also, someone buy this:
Complete U.S. SNES Collection

Also again, National Geographic Challenge :wii: still brings 20.00 in, so if you need to move Gamestop credit and still have new (or used) copies in stock that's a good way to do it.

Thanks for posting The Hobbit; I locked in a two-copy trade and bought two complete copies through eBay for ~$24 including shipping.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#235 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Doh! I have the hobbit on gc and ps2. No xbox copies laying around.

#236 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yes to both your questions. Dunno how long the UPS label is active for though. I've mailed stuff over a week late (as recently as the week after Thanksgiving: some Max Payne 3 copies I locked in early at AMZ then picked up on the cheap at KMart with a coupon on BF) and as long as your games are Processed by the 25 day mark, then you're golden.

In fact, a couple of my most recent trades hit the 30 day mark before being credited/expired, but I wouldn't push the envelope here...

Edit: Looks like my Max Payne trades were sent in 9 days late, so I can verify that the labels are still active 16 days after creation/lock-in, if that helps...

Wow I have only gone 7 days after the mail date before

#237 NiiNJA

NiiNJA

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

shadow the hedgehog xbox - 30

#238 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Has anyone successfully traded a 360 slim hd that came with their console? The site says they want the original accessory box / manual / accessories so I am thinking it's going to get rejected.

#239 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for posting The Hobbit; I locked in a two-copy trade and bought two complete copies through eBay for ~$24 including shipping.

Is ebay sellers ship fast? I am very afraid that they ship very slow so that I waste my money to buy two copies..

#240 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

got mine accepted and a vita. Happy camper here. Like new values.