Lord of the Rings Extended Edition trilogy $65.85 FS

Yeah that's not that great of a deal. It was $50 for a while at one point, and Wal-Mart had it for $35. I'm sure it'll drop in price around Black Friday, especially with The Hobbit being released in December.

Wasn't there something about these that people were upset over? Picture quality or something along those lines?

Glad I bit when WM had it for $35... Of course, it's unwatched and now I don't even have a BR player, since I traded my ps3 in at GS for the 100% bonus.

[quote name='Clak']Wasn't there something about these that people were upset over? Picture quality or something along those lines?[/QUOTE]

One of the movies has a greenish tint. Maybe two. I don't know; it wasn't noticeable to me but I have better things to do then pick apart great movies or games.

But $65 isn't a very good deal. I wouldn't spend more then $50 as that was the going rate for a few months earlier this year and I'm pretty confident it will be even cheaper around Black Friday

[quote name='Clak']Wasn't there something about these that people were upset over? Picture quality or something along those lines?[/QUOTE]
- Fellowship of the Ring has a noticeable green tint throughout the entire movie. IMO, it looks terrible. But the fact is that most people don't even bother to calibrate their TV, so they most likely won't notice or care how it looks.

Mountain_LOTR.jpg

Two Towers and Return of the King are fine.

[quote name='tokerblue']Another example.

i-LjnGQPm-XL.jpg

i-QbhMqnx-XL.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I hate you.

I knew something was wrong when I watched it the first time. Now every time I watch it I'll be mad about the green tint.

One of those things you cant unsee once you see it...

So they're in The Matrix now?

Haven't opened mine yet (got it for $35 when WM had it), but now I'll be noticing this as well..

[quote name='kilik64']I hate you.

I knew something was wrong when I watched it the first time. Now every time I watch it I'll be mad about the green tint.

One of those things you cant unsee once you see it...[/QUOTE]
- Sorry, it was too painful to keep to myself.

[quote name='howlinmad']I thought it was only the theater releases that were jacked up?[/QUOTE]
- The Theatrical Bluray has the correct colors, but has issues with DNR and edge enhancement. IMO, that's as bad, if not worse than the green tint. I also think that the Extended editions are better movies due to the additional content.

Any word on if the individual EE movies are fixed? I'd buy the three separate to not have nuclear fallout Fellowship.

seriously i have never noticed the green tint. every time i see pics of it like these it makes it look so much worse than it actually is. then again, i havent "calibrated" either of my two tv's, so maybe i just dont notice the difference because it's barely there.

it's certainly not as noticeable as when it's side by side with the white balanced ones. The theatricals aren't perfect either. The picture quality isn't as detailed and there's more black crush of the image (dark images become essentially black images)

bread's done
Back