Photo
- - - - -

Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#271 TheNephilim

TheNephilim

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Wow! Seems like a very good deal. Sad that i'll have to miss out on it. I can't afford anything this month.

Does anyone know if it's likely that this PS3 bundle or similar ones like it will be sold for this price through December?.... or is November pretty much it? Would really like to know.

#272 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

it says 250gb version, with 2 games? for $200? holy crap

#273 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Wow! Seems like a very good deal. Sad that i'll have to miss out on it. I can't afford anything this month.

Does anyone know if it's likely that this PS3 bundle or similar ones like it will be sold for this price through December?.... or is November pretty much it? Would really like to know.

If it was like last year, the $200 deal is for Black Friday only, or when these particular bundles sell out (which will be fairly quick). After that you may see some sales on PS3 hardware, but it probably won't be as good as Black Friday...

#274 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

Nice prices. I am by no means a PS3 fan. But $200 for blu ray player, streaming media, streaming music, and a decent game library is great deal. If gaming is not your priority this system will make people quite happy.

get the f'ck out of here you flame-baiting piece of sh't.

Auen1.png?7125

#275 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

You'll probably see them on and off for $200-$230 until Xmas or maybe buy a PS3 and get a $xx gift card type of offers

#276 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

i hope the HDPVR 2 is on sale. then that with a ps3 on sale will be epic.

#277 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Anyone know if last years ps3 bundle sold out fast at GameStop? I'm planning on going to microcenter first to pick up a cheap processor and en maybe go to GameStop to pick up this bundle.

#278 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

If you look at the unboxing PS3 videos you'll see the system comes in 2 boxes (the bundle info on the thin outer box and base PS3 info on the inner box)

What Sony does is that they make regular base PS3's and boxes -- when they have a bundle, they slip in extra bundle items into the base box and put a 2nd thin box over it from factory. Sony sometimes sends bundle items + thin outer boxes to some retailers so they can make their own bundles from base PS3 systems that they have in stock

Good thing about the super slim PS3 is that there are currently no base systems for sale -- they're all selling bundles so all retailers will get bundles directly from Sony

From what I saw (in previous years), store specific bundles placed whatever exclusive game inside the box and simply put a sticker on the box that an extra game was included...

#279 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

You'll probably see them on and off for $200-$230 until Xmas or maybe buy a PS3 and get a $xx gift card type of offers

I don't think I have seen consoles sell for more than $20 off after Black Friday, but there will probably be discounts, just not as good as Black Friday...

#280 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Anyone know if last years ps3 bundle sold out fast at GameStop? I'm planning on going to microcenter first to pick up a cheap processor and en maybe go to GameStop to pick up this bundle.

I know the GS my buddy manages only got 6 of the bundles last year and 50 people showed up at least for opening to try and get one.

SnoT8282.png

#281 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

get the f'ck out of here you flame-baiting piece of sh't.

What happened?

#282 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

What happened?

Did you miss the bold/underlined part? He said IF gaming is not your priority...

#283 OllieBoy

OllieBoy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Nice prices. I am by no means a PS3 fan. But $200 for blu ray player, streaming media, streaming music, and a decent game library is great deal. If gaming is not your priority this system will make people quite happy.

Huh? PS3 has vast library of quality exclusives and gets the same 3rd party support the 360 does.

#284 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Did you miss the bold/underlined part? He said IF gaming is not your priority...

He pretty much insinuated the PS3's gaming library wasn't great and wasn't it's selling point. If he had said disregarding PS3's gaming library, this is a great media device,noone would have had to wonder.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#285 Nemo_Griffin

Nemo_Griffin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

Aww shucks, seeing as this is a Black Friday deal in Gamestop, it won't be online and the nearest one is 300 miles from me.

#286 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

Now I'm ashamed to admit I'm happy about the bundles because it would undermine my credentials as a gamer:bouncy:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#287 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

Good thing about the super slim PS3 is that there are currently no base systems for sale -- they're all selling bundles so all retailers will get bundles directly from Sony

PS3 Slims? Sorry for the stupid question--I should have known better.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#288 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Last year the bundle was literally at every major retailer, so it was pretty easy to find at my local Gamestops. Having said that, they definitely didn't have a ton of them like Best Buy or Walmart did. It's not clear how many retailers will be getting the bundle this year as the two ads so far are 50/50 with Shopko getting it and AAFES not getting it.

#289 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Last year the bundle was literally at every major retailer, so it was pretty easy to find at my local Gamestops. Having said that, they definitely didn't have a ton of them like Best Buy or Walmart did. It's not clear how many retailers will be getting the bundle this year as the two ads so far are 50/50 with Shopko getting it and AAFES not getting it.

The AAFES didn't carry the PS3 BF bundle last year either, so it isn't that surprising IMO. I do expect that all the other major retailers will...

#290 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

Can the memory be upgraded in the new 16GB model?

You can put a new hard drive in. Memory is not storage. Memory can not be upgraded.

#291 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Aww shucks, seeing as this is a Black Friday deal in Gamestop, it won't be online and the nearest one is 300 miles from me.

Do you live in outer space?

#292 Nemo_Griffin

Nemo_Griffin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Do you live in outer space?

Yes, by assimilating into your culture with help playing your devices to populate and then conquer your planet without you knowing.

#293 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

This deal should be at every major US retailer. If it was like last year stores like Target, Walmart, Toys R US, and even Radio Shack should be carrying it...

#294 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

Huh? PS3 has vast library of quality exclusives and gets the same 3rd party support the 360 does.

PS3/console exclusives are the only reason I own a PS3

uncharted
infamous
MGS4
Heavy Rain
GT5
RDR
then other stuff like Scott pilgrim, the Simpsons arcade game, etc. Stuff that's not on PC really.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#295 Nemo_Griffin

Nemo_Griffin

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

This deal should be at every major US retailer. If it was like last year stores like Target, Walmart, Toys R US, and even Radio Shack should be carrying it...

Nice, may go to Freddy's (Fred Meyer) or Walmart then if true.

#296 DarkZero104

DarkZero104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Man, I wouldn't base AAFES for anything. This if nothing else would be one of the standard holiday sale variations: new PS3 superslim and 2 games. Some will mix and match with it, but that's the "holiday bundle." Which is basically the same as last year, which was everywhere.

I'm more interested in the system on its own. There's no reason why this or the slim shouldn't be $150. It'd basically be the same situation the 360 was in last year.

#297 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yes, by assimilating into your culture with help playing your devices to populate and then conquer your planet without you knowing.

Well if we'll never know you've conquered the planet go ahead and knock yourself out.

#298 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

PS3/console exclusives are the only reason I own a PS3

uncharted
infamous
MGS4
Heavy Rain
GT5
RDR
then other stuff like Scott pilgrim, the Simpsons arcade game, etc. Stuff that's not on PC really.

Same here. GoW, Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, Yakuza, Genji. I even picked up HotD cause I hate wii. Got in on that Move bundle for $40 from NewEgg the other day. Gonna be playing Halo 4 for the foreseeable future though. I have around 280 Xbox 360 games now vs 21 PS3 and 8 or 10 Wii.
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#299 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Man, I wouldn't base AAFES for anything. This if nothing else would be one of the standard holiday sale variations: new PS3 superslim and 2 games. Some will mix and match with it, but that's the "holiday bundle." Which is basically the same as last year, which was everywhere.

I'm more interested in the system on its own. There's no reason why this or the slim shouldn't be $150. It'd basically be the same situation the 360 was in last year.

I just mentioned this in another thread, lol. It's the main area where Sony fails this generation. Instead of dropping the price they'd rather throw in games or a beefed up HDD. The average gamer, or average parent could care less about all the extra crap, they just want the cheapest option. Sony could really make up some headway and do great this Holiday season if they'd just sell a bare-bones model like the 5GB 360 for around the price you mentioned. It's perplexing.

Edited by Mixer236, 05 November 2012 - 12:52 AM.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

Mixer23.png

#300 angrynoisefly

angrynoisefly

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:22 AM

where is that $29.99 littlebigplanet karting available at? i had it preordered at gamestop but i think i'm gonna cancel if it is gonna be gonna half price on black friday, even though the gamestop exclusive preorder bonus is pretty temptedings...