Photo
- - - - -

Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#31 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

It looks like the 12GB model released in Europe Oct 12, yesterday. I guess somebody will tear one apart soon. Hopefully someone will give some basic speed numbers on boot-up and game load times.

"Owners of the 12GB model will be able to connect a SATA internal hard drive with use of an official mounting bracket, or pick up an official PlayStation 250GB internal HDD."
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#32 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Yes, but I play PSN games almost exclusively, see my sig. Hence why a bunch of space isn't an issue for me. I'm currently using less than half of my phat 60GB and could easily delete a bunch. The 16GB isn't for everyone. I had indeed overlooked the BD speed issue of the PS3, as I install all my 360 games to the HDD and play them that way. It looks like this is a really good excuse to start buying digital download retail games instead of disc based retail games if I can buy one of these.

Ah well then that just may work. Im the opposite, i never buy DLC games =) To each his own, I just figured youd be disappointed if you thought it would magically load almost instantly still reading off a BD. I still think it wouild be a hassle moving games back and forth on an external HD all the time, but i have a massive library.

Im actually not sure how quickly it would load even on a DLC game. In theory it should be faster, but i wonder if it really would be. As someone else mentioned, the internal memory is NOT a SSD. Let us know if you wind up picking one up.

oh ya, how do you back the games up on an external HD btw? I need to do that with my saves before i transfer everything over to my newer slim from my old fat. Do you just plug any old USB HD in and transfer them? I seem to recall you had to make folders on USB sticks

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#33 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

oh ya, how do you back the games up on an external HD btw? I need to do that with my saves before i transfer everything over to my newer slim from my old fat. Do you just plug any old USB HD in and transfer them? I seem to recall you had to make folders on USB sticks

^_^x KD

You can just use the built in Back Up utility that's under settings if you want to completely back up your harddrive, it lets you save it all on a USB device. But it will only restore copy protected content (like certain saves) on the SAME PS3 that you did the backup from. If you want to actually transfer 100% of your data from your old PS3 to your new one, then you can connect them together with an ethernet cable and use the TRANSFER utility (it's in the same place as the back up utility) and it will entirely move the contents of your first PS3 to the second. That's probably your best bet as long as you're in posession of both PS3s at the same time, it will also be way faster transfering over ethernet than through a USB stick or harddrive or whatever.

#34 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

how my house is set up now and my massive backlog of handheld games it would have to be

200 bucks with 2 VERY GOOD GAMES with 320 GB hard drive + gift card to make me buy one

other rumor was WII are falling to 79 bucks that i highly doubt
WOOOO I STINK

#35 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

I heard a rumor that.. argh. I can't think of a jackass thing to say. Nice deal..

#36 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Wow.. just... WOW. I knew these new PS3's were pieces of shit just by the general design. I mean they seriously look like a Chinese bootleg PS3 instead of a real ps3. Im amazed that cheap disk sliding thing was green lit. BUT, the fact that theres a 16gb model and now hearing this is just unbelivable. With how much space PS3 games take with their mandatory patches and installs that 16gb will be gone in about 4 or 5 games easily!

Honestly this seems like a shitty ass deal to me. I was hoping they would clearance out the good 160gb models for about $125-$150 or so. I know my local BBY has an absurd ammount of them. Maybe theyll have something going on BF

^_^x KD

IMO 16GB is plenty of storage for the casual player whom doesn't play very many games. The current typical PS3 game doesn't have a large install requirement at all, so I am sure you can play far more than 5 games and not worry about storage space.

This system (as is) is certainly not suitable for those that like to download a lot of content from PSN, or are interested in PS+.

This would also be a good system to get for those interested in immediately upgrading the HDD to a size that Sony doesn't yet offer in a PS3 (750GB-1TB).

#37 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Oh man and I was all ready to get the 500gb ACIII bundle in 2 weeks. Not sure if I can hold out a month longer
Posted Image

#38 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

How has this not been moved to the discussion board yet?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

Um, I am waiting for the 16GB model. It's a flash drive like an SSD. The PS3 operating system boot-up and PSN games would load incredibly fast. This model allows you to hook up a giant USB external drive for any other games, like the Wii U is doing. Just keep any of your currently playing games on the flash drive and it's all good. Imagine instead of waiting 30 seconds in between each loading screen, it was 3 seconds. Installs would takes only seconds. My Windows 7 PC with an SSD boots in 15 seconds ready to go.

Edit: Apparently the BD speed is still going to be a bottleneck for retail games.

These aren't SSDs, they're just small amounts of flash. It would be slower, not faster.

You *can* put an SSD in any Playstation 3 though, or any other 2.5" hard drive. I've got a 120GB Intel drive in mine.

You'd want Intel's 320 series drives over annoying else on the market because of lack of trim support.

Also there's nothing weird about PS3 load times to begin with. Games are designed around the 5200rpm drive, just like on the 360, it's just you CAN upgrade the drive if you want...most games it's not going to matter, though New Vegas was probably helped.
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#40 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

A 16GB PS3?! This is news to me.

If I had a $150 to burn. I'd get one of these 16GB super slim PS3s for the living room for the PS Eye/Move games and as a Blu-ray player.

I'll still keep my slim 160GB model in my room for the rest of my PS3 games.

#41 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Honestly this seems like a shitty ass deal to me. I was hoping they would clearance out the good 160gb models for about $125-$150 or so. I know my local BBY has an absurd ammount of them. Maybe theyll have something going on BF

^_^x KD

I'm hoping Best Buy does some "custom" bundles to clear our their existing stock of slims. Something like buy a PS3 slim for $200 and pick any 2 games. I know they've done similar things in the past.

I would like to pick-up a 2nd PS3, but don't really like the super slim.

#42 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Not really surprised. Last year it was $199 as well.

that's why I believe it'll be cheaper like $170-$180 but I'd go for a $100 GC on any model vs the $170-$180.

#43 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Gamestop has stopped selling the PS3 Slim completely (new, not used)? All stores within a 100 miles have no stock. You can't even order a new PS3 Slim on Gamestop.com anymore.

I've seen them in my stores new Infamous & KZ 160 bundles the key seems to be slow stores or stores that get over-shadowed by the store in the mall or better shopping center.

#44 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Man I'm thinking of selling my current 40GB PS3 for the double credit promo going on but a month without my PS3 is going to be brutal!
Posted Image

#45 naucratis

naucratis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone else noticed that Gamestop has stopped selling the PS3 Slim completely (new, not used)? All stores within a 100 miles have no stock. You can't even order a new PS3 Slim on Gamestop.com anymore.

Maybe they sold out .

#46 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

. . . since the PS3's port is only a SATA 1 and you won't get much more than 130MB/S or around there out of it.

SATA 1 is just , oh, so, that's disappointing then.
Can't really do much with that.

You *can* put an SSD in any Playstation 3 though, or any other 2.5" hard drive. I've got a 120GB Intel drive in mine. You'd want Intel's 320 series drives over annoying else on the market because of lack of trim support.

I was kinda hoping that maybe the new 16GB PS3 would be able to take advantage of the faster R/W speeds and have some feature like TRIM and garbage collection.

Still, eventually somebody somewhere will give us some disk benchmarks on the new 16GB.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#47 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hopefully there will be a BF deal on the 2nd gen slot loading PS3. I have an original Japanese 60GB, but this Super Slim is a POS. My buddy bought one and it's so cheaply made.

#48 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

awww yeeaaah...i'd be all over this.

Auen1.png?7125

#49 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

What games will likely come with it?

#50 - Glenn -

- Glenn -

The CAG formerly known as glennfrank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

I am also hoping for a slim model clearance (sub $200). I really don't like the looks of the newest iteration at all.

#51 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'll guess they'll do a bundle that'll include LBP Karting.

#52 SunCe177

SunCe177

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

What games will likely come with it?

If I remember correctly, last year the $200 160GB holiday bundle came with Ratchet All 4 One and Littlebigplanet 2. Purely speculation on my part but I assume it will be family friendly / all age oriented and appropriate stuff for holiday bundles... Then again, I believe the holiday bundle from 3 years ago was Killzone 2 and Infamous... So you never know.

#53 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

I think Playstation All-Stars should be one of the games, (just guessing, don't know anything). They have Little Big Karting dropping that month too, that makes sense too. Having two new releases will be the only way I'd consider this deal, and even than, I'd still would want the old slim. Really don't want that thing to be on my shelf for show.

#54 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

I completely expect a deal like this and that is why I sold my 60gb fatty. I sold my fatty and a broke xbox (I informed them that it was broke) to gamestop and I'm not sitting on $300 credit.

#55 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

It won't be the 16GB model. 16GB is exclusive to Europe.

This.

#56 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I saw a 500 GB Super Slim bundle at GS with AC3, and it was $300.

#57 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Im gonna guess Twisted Metal and God of War Saga

#58 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

It won't be the 16GB model. 16GB is exclusive to Europe.

No. The 12GB PS3 is exclusive to Europe.
The OP is suggesting a rumor that Gamestop could get a 16GB flash model for Black Friday at $200.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

I think Playstation All-Stars should be one of the games, (just guessing, don't know anything). They have Little Big Karting dropping that month too, that makes sense too. Having two new releases will be the only way I'd consider this deal, and even than, I'd still would want the old slim. Really don't want that thing to be on my shelf for show.

PS AS comes like the week before BF. No way is that gonna be a free game. It'll most likely be something that came out a couple of months earlier
Posted Image

#60 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:51 PM

It will probably be the 250gb with Gran Turismo 5 XL and Uncharted 3.

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here