Photo
- - - - -

Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#61 Guimengo

Guimengo

Sim and Real Racing + Sports

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

http://www.gtplanet....dle-for-europe/

htya.jpg

3DS, GameCube, N64, DreamCast, PS1, PS2, PS3, PC, DVDs, iPod: Here

#62 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Last year, it was a similar bundle. Folks recall that most retailers offered a $50 gift card as well? I'm hoping thats the case and 2 games I don't have. My fat YLOD'd on me so been waiting on a similar deal as last BF.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#63 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Last year, it was a similar bundle. Folks recall that most retailers offered a $50 gift card as well? I'm hoping thats the case and 2 games I don't have. My fat YLOD'd on me so been waiting on a similar deal as last BF.

I don't believe there was a $50 GC added along with the Black Friday bundle. Something like that would have been with the already released bundles...

#64 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

SATA 1 is just , oh, so, that's disappointing then.
Can't really do much with that.

You can do a whole lot with it, since it still offers twice the speed and virtually no access latency compared to the built in harddrive. Even 2 year old SATA drives cut down loading times by half.

Edited by shrike4242, 15 October 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#65 diplo

diplo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

PS AS comes like the week before BF. No way is that gonna be a free game. It'll most likely be something that came out a couple of months earlier

I dont think that matters, AC3 is being bundled with PS3 on release day. And last year it was Ratchet & Clank that was bundled, and it was only a month old. And the GOTY version of LBP2, which was newly released. Plus I think Playstation All-Stars would be an ideal bundle game, because you play those characters in the game, and you might think they're cool and than you'll buy their own game.

#66 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

Im considering trading in my fat ps3 for $180 and potentially buying this. Anyone else doing the same?

If you are getting 2 games for only 20 difference (and you wont whine about the top) It would be worth it. It's probably not a bad idea to ditch the old and get a new one with a warranty.

#67 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Im considering trading in my fat ps3 for $180 and potentially buying this. Anyone else doing the same?

Where at? GS?

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#68 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Anyone else think this deal will be an early bird?

#69 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

You can just use the built in Back Up utility that's under settings if you want to completely back up your harddrive, it lets you save it all on a USB device. But it will only restore copy protected content (like certain saves) on the SAME PS3 that you did the backup from. If you want to actually transfer 100% of your data from your old PS3 to your new one, then you can connect them together with an ethernet cable and use the TRANSFER utility (it's in the same place as the back up utility) and it will entirely move the contents of your first PS3 to the second. That's probably your best bet as long as you're in posession of both PS3s at the same time, it will also be way faster transfering over ethernet than through a USB stick or harddrive or whatever.

See thats the thing. Everything im reading MOVES the content. I wanted to copy it and still keep a copy on the original PS3. It still plays DLC games and stuff like that, just not discs. Im guessing there really isn't any way to do that other than doing a straight transfer and maybe re-d.loading the games to the old system? Honestly the PS3 seems very clunky. I dont get why you cant copy games and demos and stuff like that. Seems the only way is to re-d.load them, or, like you said do a transfer and lose the old file.

btw do you have to mess with DRM crap like you have to with the 360? I heard they knocked down how many PS3s you can have your data on.

IMO 16GB is plenty of storage for the casual player whom doesn't play very many games. The current typical PS3 game doesn't have a large install requirement at all, so I am sure you can play far more than 5 games and not worry about storage space.

This system (as is) is certainly not suitable for those that like to download a lot of content from PSN, or are interested in PS+.

This would also be a good system to get for those interested in immediately upgrading the HDD to a size that Sony doesn't yet offer in a PS3 (750GB-1TB).

really? Dishonored has a 5gb install, Sleeping dogs has over a 4gb, RE6 and DOA5 both have a 3 gig (though DOA is 'optional'.. though not really. Fighting games optional is pretty much manditory unless you want to wait a minute between rounds). Those are just from checking the latest releases. That adds up really fast. Throw in actual save game files and patches and you can basically have 3 or 4 games on your HD at a time unless you do like gordojones88 If you think thats a good value knock yourself out. It sounds horrible to me.

I'm hoping Best Buy does some "custom" bundles to clear our their existing stock of slims. Something like buy a PS3 slim for $200 and pick any 2 games. I know they've done similar things in the past.

I would like to pick-up a 2nd PS3, but don't really like the super slim.

I'd actually just rather them sell them for $125-$150 by themselves

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#70 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

Time to turn the $180 from my 60gb Fat into this when BF rolls around ... good times

I would NEVER trade in a functional 60GB Phat for the New Diet Slim model.

#71 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yes, but with my huge backlog of games it would be hard to do without a PS3 for a full month!!!

#72 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

The bundle was $199 and 2 games last year, so I don't see why there has to be any speculation about this. That is the bar that was already set last year.

#73 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

I want the AC3 bundle, but I'll wait to see the details of this bundle before deciding.

#74 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Omg yes yes yes!

#75 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I would NEVER trade in a functional 60GB Phat for the New Diet Slim model.

Because it makes far more sense to hold onto the launch model of a console that tends to yellow light after years of use ...

It was easy for me to let it go because I realized there are no PS2 games I haven't played and want to replay that aren't getting hd remakes and I don't really care what my console looks like, because I play games on it, I don't stare at it ...

#76 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Because it makes far more sense to hold onto the launch model of a console that tends to yellow light after years of use ...

It was easy for me to let it go because I realized there are no PS2 games I haven't played and want to replay that aren't getting hd remakes and I don't really care what my console looks like, because I play games on it, I don't stare at it ...

i really don't understand what is so valuable about the launch model of the ps3, other than the backward compatibility of playing ps 2 games. is the resale value of a used launch model of ps3 worth alot of $, or something?

#77 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

i really don't understand what is so valuable about the launch model of the ps3, other than the backward compatibility of playing ps 2 games. is the resale value of a used launch model of ps3 worth alot of $, or something?

It also has a media dock (for sd cards and such) and 4x usb ports. All minor stuff to many people, but I rather have them than not.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#78 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

They had Uncharted bundle last BF with some other game I can't recall
and Infamous/Batman/Batman BR the year before that.

I really want to say Playstation All-Star is a good bet cause typically the playstation bundle had one exclusive PS hit title (Infamous [09], Uncharted[10]. LBP2 [11]). I'm really hoping they do two games and a blu-ray this year. Now I just imagined an Avenger's game/BR bundle now..

#79 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

I wonder how well the PS3's will do (outside of Japan) considering that the Xbox will have a SKU with Skyrim in it?

#80 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I really want to say Playstation All-Star is a good bet cause typically the playstation bundle had one exclusive PS hit title (Infamous [09], Uncharted[10]. LBP2 [11]). I'm really hoping they do two games and a blu-ray this year. Now I just imagined an Avenger's game/BR bundle now..

last black Friday it was a LBP2, R&C All 4 One and 160 GB PS3 slim for 199.99. there was a uncharted bundle but it wasn't a BF deal. might of had its price knocked down a bit but I hardly think it was a deal at all. Unlike the 199.99 bundle.

I should know, I bought one.

I wonder how well the PS3's will do (outside of Japan) considering that the Xbox will have a SKU with Skyrim in it?

Tricking people into playing Skyrim on consoles is just plain evil and wrong.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#81 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Huh? Don't get it. I prefer console gaming. I don't want to sit at my computer monitor, I'd prefer to be in my living room with my family. I know you're going to say something about hooking your PC to your TV. Sorry, I won't be doing that. Most people don't want their computers hooked to their TV. If there's ever the (vaporware) steambox then that's the closest I'll have to it.

#82 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

really? Dishonored has a 5gb install, Sleeping dogs has over a 4gb, RE6 and DOA5 both have a 3 gig (though DOA is 'optional'.. though not really. Fighting games optional is pretty much manditory unless you want to wait a minute between rounds). Those are just from checking the latest releases. That adds up really fast. Throw in actual save game files and patches and you can basically have 3 or 4 games on your HD at a time unless you do like gordojones88 If you think thats a good value knock yourself out. It sounds horrible to me.

^_^x KD

You are still quoting extreme examples. Many PS3 games are not that bad at all.

Here are some other examples:

God of War 3: 5MB
Soul Calibur 5: 13MB
Uncharted 3: 1GB
Resistance 3: 1.5GB
Final Fantasy XIII-2: 30.7MB

Obviously how many games you can put on the flash drive is going to depend on the individual, but you can't just label it with a low-ball amount like you have. And like I said before, the flash drive version is ment for casual consumers, not gamers like you and me; or people that want to upgrade the HDD right away.

EDIT: I checked RE6, and it has a 8MB install, not 3GB . I checked practically all of the current PS3 releases, and if you averaged the required install sizes, it would be well under 1GB per game

Edited by Logical Dolphin, 17 October 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#83 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

last black Friday it was a LBP2, R&C All 4 One and 160 GB PS3 slim for 199.99. there was a uncharted bundle but it wasn't a BF deal. might of had its price knocked down a bit but I hardly think it was a deal at all. Unlike the 199.99 bundle.

My bad I meant to say the BF before last...I should know too since I bought the last BF bundle as well.

Thus the whole " (Infamous [09], Uncharted[10]. LBP2 [11])" recap.

Apparently in 2010 there was a Uncharted 2 GOTY with a blu-ray and I think a downloadable game BF bundle? I personally skipped black friday that year so I can't remember.

#84 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

See thats the thing. Everything im reading MOVES the content. I wanted to copy it and still keep a copy on the original PS3. It still plays DLC games and stuff like that, just not discs. Im guessing there really isn't any way to do that other than doing a straight transfer and maybe re-d.loading the games to the old system? Honestly the PS3 seems very clunky. I dont get why you cant copy games and demos and stuff like that. Seems the only way is to re-d.load them, or, like you said do a transfer and lose the old file.

btw do you have to mess with DRM crap like you have to with the 360? I heard they knocked down how many PS3s you can have your data on.

The backup utility only copies. The transfer utility moves, but unless you can't get online with your old system anymore, there's not really any reason not to just use the transfer utility. Just transfer it off, and then either restore from a backup onto the old PS3 or go straight online and download from it. It's actually a fine system compared to how most consoles do it.

And you can just have both PS3s activated at the same time and download anything you own to them. Any older content will work on up to 5 PS3s, but more recent stuff will only work on 2 consoles at a time. If you don't have more than 2 PS3 systems though, then it doesn't matter since everything will always be able to work on both.

#85 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

A Playstation All-Stars/Avengers bundle would rock.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

A Playstation All-Stars/Avengers bundle would rock.

Why are you people getting others' hopes up :(

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#87 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm still trying to decide. My PS3 has had it's issues, and now it's gotten to the point where it freezes and the screen just goes black. So I know I'll need to replace at this point it, since I've tried everything possible to fix the issue. Just not sure if I should get another or just go for the super slim.

#88 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, you are right and I'm hoping for a similar deal at least. Also, I don't see anyone else mentioning it, but most retailers threw in a $50 gift card. Anyone else remember that???
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#89 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, you are right and I'm hoping for a similar deal at least. Also, I don't see anyone else mentioning it, but most retailers threw in a $50 gift card. Anyone else remember that???

Amazon and BB just had the $200 BF deal (which sold out pretty fast) no GC included. Tax @ amazon this year is going to ruin alot of deals.

Backlog? What backlog?

Currently Playing:

Spoiler

#90 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

How soon do the ad leaks usually come? End of Oct or early Nov? I wish I knew what to expect before i buy the ACIII bundle on Oct 30
Posted Image