Photo
- - - - -

Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#91 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Amazon and BB just had the $200 BF deal (which sold out pretty fast) no GC included. Tax @ amazon this year is going to ruin alot of deals.

Dang! Looks like you are right. I do see that 3 month PS+ is thrown in too.
http://www.examiner....nd-wii-hardware

So, how do I find out if Amazon is gonna charge tax in my state? They still don't as of this minute. Think I'll get that PS credit card deal to make this bundle better.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#92 lutz

lutz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

How soon do the ad leaks usually come? End of Oct or early Nov? I wish I knew what to expect before i buy the ACIII bundle on Oct 30

I'm also troubled by this. I sold my 120gb at gamestop while the double credit is on, but waiting till black friday is harsh. I'm probably going to spring for the ACIII bundle. People please try to talk me out of it.

Here's my reasoning:
Last year, there was no big deals I can remember on the 320gb models.
You can sell ACIII while it is still a new release for more cash towards the investment.
At 500gb, you'll probably never have to upgrade again.
It's smaller and lighter, making it easier for me to move which will happen next year.
I have $110 credit on PSN and looking to take advantage of the 20 bucks back promo.
New DS3 controller as mine was getting a bit worn lol.

#93 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'm still trying to decide. My PS3 has had it's issues, and now it's gotten to the point where it freezes and the screen just goes black. So I know I'll need to replace at this point it, since I've tried everything possible to fix the issue. Just not sure if I should get another or just go for the super slim.

Have you tried using the PS3's safe mode menu to see if doing one of the options listed there might help with the freezing?

http://www.playstati...ith-this-guide/

Try doing either option 3 or 4 from the list on the safe mode screen. See if that helps before just going out to buy a new PS3.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#94 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

^ Thanks for the link. I'll back up everything first and then give a shot, and hopefully it works since I definitely want to keep my PS3 and not have to resort to that.

#95 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

You're welcome. I'd suggest that anyone else having freezing issues with their PS3 to try the info at that above link before just buying a new one. I know I made the mistake of not knowing about the PS3's safe mode and turned in my 40gb PS3 for one of the first slims.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#96 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:11 AM

I tried the safe mode thing you're talking about and my ps3 was still freezing. That's to be expected though, I bought it used....in 2009

I feel your pain man! My 40GB has been freezing a little bit lately and I been thinking if I should pull the trigger and sell it now or wait. But the thing is I upgraded the harddrive to 320GB and can't find my old 40GB and I would like to keep it. Ugh!
Posted Image

#97 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

So is this a deal yet or still a rumor?

And if its still a rumor why is it still in the deal forum?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#98 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

I don't think people know what Black Friday is.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#99 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:53 AM

I don't think people know what Black Friday is.

So the deal is live Wednesday of next week? :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#100 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

So the deal is live Wednesday of next week? :lol:

But only at night...thus the black part

#101 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hopefully this deal pulls through. Just have some extra cash to spare+gift card to Gamestop and I need another ps3 to go with the Playstation 3D Display I got on the Best Buy deal.

#102 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

The Infamous Collection (Infamous 1 & 2 and all DLC)
Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

Edited by Logical Dolphin, 26 October 2012 - 10:45 PM.
clarification

#103 legendarydogs

legendarydogs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Last black friday bundle was $200 as well. So it makes sense for it to be $200 this year as well.

#104 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Damn and the UC3 bundle comes out in a few days. Im not sure if I can hold out another month. Im thinknig with just going for that bc I think it will be of better value to me. I already own UC and Infamous games and already plan on getting ACIII. Plus 250gb wont be enough for me so Id have to buy a new HDD anyway. Still $200 is quite attractive

Just saw this today at my local Fry's store:

A new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing:

The bundle (like the superslim Uncharted 3 bundle) sells for $270.

However, I believe this may very well be the Black Friday bundle, since Sony hasn't made an previous announcement about this bundle like they did for the superslim Uncharted 3 & Assassin's Creed 3 bundle. It fits the profile for a Black Friday bundle containing at least 2 games. Also Fry's tends to get the new Sony hardware SKUs much earlier than any other store...

It contains all 4 titles or is it 2 different bundles with w games each
Posted Image

#105 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Huh? Don't get it. I prefer console gaming. I don't want to sit at my computer monitor, I'd prefer to be in my living room with my family. I know you're going to say something about hooking your PC to your TV. Sorry, I won't be doing that. Most people don't want their computers hooked to their TV. If there's ever the (vaporware) steambox then that's the closest I'll have to it.

Yes people can hook up PC's to their TV's if they wish, yes you can use ps3 or 360 controls to play skyrim and most other games wired or wirelessly and yes PC gaming is cheaper in the long run.

Also really your family wants to be around you while you play a single player game called Skyrim, please. Right...
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#106 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Damn and the UC3 bundle comes out in a few days. Im not sure if I can hold out another month. Im thinknig with just going for that bc I think it will be of better value to me. I already own UC and Infamous games and already plan on getting ACIII. Plus 250gb wont be enough for me so Id have to buy a new HDD anyway. Still $200 is quite attractive

It contains all 4 titles or is it 2 different bundles with w games each

It is one bundle containing all 4 games. The box for this bundle has the Infamous character prominently displayed on it, it is referred to as an Infamous Limited Edition bundle...

#107 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Yes people can hook up PC's to their TV's if they wish, yes you can use ps3 or 360 controls to play skyrim and most other games wired or wirelessly and yes PC gaming is cheaper in the long run.

Also really your family wants to be around you while you play a single player game called Skyrim, please. Right...

Don't know about the guy you are attacking, but couch co-op brings so much fun when playing with your family. And for single players we always take turns playing it.

OT: The games that are in this bundle are too old (relatively speaking), hope they have another bundle that comes with newer games, I could use another :ps3:

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#108 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Don't know about the guy you are attacking, but couch co-op brings so much fun when playing with your family. And for single players we always take turns playing it.

OT: The games that are in this bundle are too old (relatively speaking), hope they have another bundle that comes with newer games, I could use another :ps3:

The way I see it, this bundle is supposed to attract brand new PS3 owners, and what better way than to bundle in the best games made for the platform.

If you want a bundle with a new game there is always the AC3 bundle, but you will pay more for it...

#109 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

The way I see it, this bundle is supposed to attract brand new PS3 owners, and what better way than to bundle in the best games made for the platform.

If you want a bundle with a new game there is always the AC3 bundle, but you will pay more for it...

I know, problem is AC3 is deemed to drop in price, fast. So it's not that appealing to me, unless they make the hardware AC3 themed.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#110 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

I know, problem is AC3 is deemed to drop in price, fast. So it's not that appealing to me, unless they make the hardware AC3 themed.

The way the 500GB AC3 superslim bundle is priced, it is like you are getting AC3 for free. Because the previous 320GB Slim sold by itself for the same price ($300)...

#111 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

The way the 500GB AC3 superslim bundle is priced, it is like you are getting AC3 for free. Because the previous 320GB Slim sold by itself for the same price ($300)...

That is a good way of thinking about it.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#112 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Not attacking just confirming that PC's do *exactly* what consoles can at higher res, non locked frame rates and higher graphical detail. Of course he already knew all of this and his only defense is he likes consoles better. Clearly was a baited troll line but still.

Also you can't really take turns on a game like Skyrim unless you all vote what to do in a situation that will have some alteration on the game. Like if your a nord or a elf, or whatever classes there are. Magic or melee, etc.

#113 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

How the Fuck is the dumbass thread not closed still?

#114 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

I'm getting the AC3 bundle Tuesday, too awesome of a deal for the price

#115 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:57 PM

Not attacking just confirming that PC's do *exactly* what consoles can at higher res, non locked frame rates and higher graphical detail. Of course he already knew all of this and his only defense is he likes consoles better. Clearly was a baited troll line but still.

Also you can't really take turns on a game like Skyrim unless you all vote what to do in a situation that will have some alteration on the game. Like if your a nord or a elf, or whatever classes there are. Magic or melee, etc.

My wife will just play whatever I choose. My wife loved SR3, she likes to drive around and dress up the character. And it's so funny to see her drive around like in the real world, and she would actually do parallel parking before stopping before the store.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#116 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

How the Fuck is the dumbass thread not closed still?

Agreed, the OP just keeps speculating more and more about what the BF bundle might be. We will find out soon enough. This whole thread is a waste of time until those details and most importantly pricing are confirmed. Everyone expects there to be BF bundles, so it's not like this thread is going to prevent anyone from going out and buying a PS3 today because they are unaware it could be cheaper or come with free games on Black Friday.

#117 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

Agreed, the OP just keeps speculating more and more about what the BF bundle might be. We will find out soon enough. This whole thread is a waste of time until those details and most importantly pricing are confirmed. Everyone expects there to be BF bundles, so it's not like this thread is going to prevent anyone from going out and buying a PS3 today because they are unaware it could be cheaper or come with free games on Black Friday.

it does for me :)

new Sony produced 250GB PS3 superslim bundle containing 4 games (2 collections of 2 games):

for 199.99 i might pull the trigger dependin on how much i could flip those 2 games for

love for a CORE at 149
WOOOO I STINK

#118 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

Sorry you feel that way. BTW I did mark this thread as a "rumor", and making an educated guess based on what happened last year, and what a Sony rep has apparently said. Based on the current update, it looks like it is going to happen just like last year.

Feel free not to participate any longer, IMO I think many people appreciate the heads up...

#119 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

If that is indeed the BF deal, it would be awesome. But a 9 page speculation thread does not belong in deals. It's just dumb click bait and a waste of peoples time.

How is it "click bait" when I clearly mark this thread as a "rumor"?

If I didn't mark this thread as a rumor, you would have a point...

Also not the first instance of a rumor thread in the deals section that people seemed to appreciate: http://www.cheapassg...highlight=Rumor

#120 TwistedShade

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Very tempting i have 270$ of credit on a card and i know for sure i'm either getting a Wii-U, or a PS3.