Photo
- - - - -

Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#151 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

I hope its $200 my girlfriend wants a PS3.

#152 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

If they actually run them for $200, it might be time to get a backup. Then again, I read there were problems with the regular slim early on. I dunno.
Mentally Irregular - Just an awesome book. Nothing else like it.

#153 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

If they actually run them for $200, it might be time to get a backup. Then again, I read there were problems with the regular slim early on. I dunno.

Uhh, problem with the slim is that a joke?
I have 2 launch slims and they are fine , i move them around alot Also

#154 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

I heard these newer slims are made more cheap plastic. I kind of like the slims vs these newer slims but u should look at it before purchase

#155 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I purchased a PS3 two years ago during the Walmart $100 gift card at time of purchase deal. I sold it 8 months later to a coworker for the same price I paid for it, because I never really played it. I have so much invested in my Xbox, and the PS3 currently only has 3 exclusive franchises (GoW, Uncharted, Infamous) that I care about. If this deal turns out to be true, it may be too good for me to pass up... Especially since it contains four exclusive games I want.

#156 rockykai

rockykai

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I mean, a Infamous game or an Uncharted game is like...the bottom of my want list (but that list is like 7 games or so). If this is all true of course and this is the best one to get, I don't know what I'll trade in or not.

I still have to be sure if I want to try to apply for the $50 PSN/free year too so there's still that (if I'm accepted of course and I figure out how the card works once I get the $50).

I guess this is the fun part right?

#157 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Ugh.. not sure if I should trade in my 80 gig ps3 fat to gamestop or not and wait for BF deals. I am as concerned with quality of the new ps3 super slim as I am my 80 gig getting ylod. I only paid $5 for the ps3 I have now and is very clean and works perfectly.

I know the gamestop hardware bonus ends tomorrow so I'll call them tomorrow first to see what the trade value is.

#158 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I heard these newer slims are made more cheap plastic. I kind of like the slims vs these newer slims but u should look at it before purchase

I looked at one firsthand recently, and IMO it is much more sturdy than it looks in those picutres, especially the disc tray mechanism. The overall constructions seems to be just as sturdy as the previous PS3 Slim...

#159 Ralph444

Ralph444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

I looked at one too. IMO the slim is a great deal better than the super slim.
The super slim does indeed feel cheap. I'm sure it works just fine. But how cheap it feels just irks me.

#160 naucratis

naucratis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

I looked at one too. IMO the slim is a great deal better than the super slim.
The super slim does indeed feel cheap. I'm sure it works just fine. But how cheap it feels just irks me.

Also, slightly louder than the original slim.

#161 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

One thing I like about the superslim versus the slim, is if something goes wrong with the BD drive it should be much cheaper to repair, since the mechanism is far less complicated than a slot loading system. Also it will be much easier to clean the lens if it gets dirty....

#162 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Anything that they can do to make these more reliable I'm all for. Even if it feels cheaper, it possibly and hopefully means they are using less parts and learning from past implementations and versions. My Playstation is rock solid still, the original and the mini.

#163 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:31 PM

Anything that they can do to make these more reliable I'm all for. Even if it feels cheaper, it possibly and hopefully means they are using less parts and learning from past implementations and versions. My Playstation is rock solid still, the original and the mini.

Right. Let's just hope they're not cheaping out and setting us up for a fall. My fat PS3 has been running 24/7 for probably well over 3 years now. I wouldn't want a replacement to do anything less. I really should get a region free BD player at some point, and shutdown the PS3 until I actually want to game on it. I pretty much only play Xbox. The only PS3 titles I have are exclusives.

#164 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Also, slightly louder than the original slim.

It may depend on what production line the superslim was made in regard to noise, because according to ifixit.com, there are conflicting reports on the noise level.

http://www.ifixit.co...eardown/10670/2

#165 sevast

sevast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

I always felt that as cheap as the new one feels/looks/sounds that starting it off at a high price was so they could drop it for the holiday and say a high dollar value off. Why else would they put that crap at the same high price?

#166 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

I always felt that as cheap as the new one feels/looks/sounds that starting it off at a high price was so they could drop it for the holiday and say a high dollar value off. Why else would they put that crap at the same high price?

they did that bc there were still plenty of 160gb slims and wanted those to sell out at the existing price without needing to drop it. Even if they launched the super-slim at $250, the BF is still a great value off at $199 with $50 off and and 2 extra games to boot
Posted Image

#167 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

I haven't seen one in the flesh yet, but it appears the design of this thing is an abomination. Both the people who designed this and the executives who approved it seem to have phoned it in.

"I can't open your breadbox. Do you have any wheat or rye?"

"That's my PS3. The breadbox is over there."

The PS2 slim was fine. Why are so many newer products crappier than their predecessors? At least Microsoft saw the light and got rid of that tacky gloss finish on the 360 S.

#168 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

My near-launch 60 GB PS3 with a 500 GB HDD is still going strong, but I'm tempted to pick this bundle up as a spare. My wife just bought a new 2012 Honda Odyssey and it has an electrical plug and HDMI input in the back along with a dual-width screen overhead. So I could probably take the super slim on road trips, which might be fun.

decker%2001.jpg

#169 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

My near-launch 60 GB PS3 with a 500 GB HDD is still going strong, but I'm tempted to pick this bundle up as a spare. My wife just bought a new 2012 Honda Odyssey and it has an electrical plug and HDMI input in the back along with a dual-width screen overhead. So I could probably take the super slim on road trips, which might be fun.

It's not a car stereo. Does the PS3 actually protect the disc in the drive from damage due to moving the console (.i.e bumps on the road)? Or do you only plan to play while stopped?

The PS2 slim was fine. Why are so many newer products crappier than their predecessors? At least Microsoft saw the light and got rid of that tacky gloss finish on the 360 S.

Yeah, buy they still have those stupid sensor buttons instead of classic mech ones.

#170 bombfirst885

bombfirst885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

Does this deal seem legit? How long would a person have to wait outside of Gamestop to get this bundle? Never been there on a black friday.

#171 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

they did that bc there were still plenty of 160gb slims and wanted those to sell out at the existing price without needing to drop it. Even if they launched the super-slim at $250, the BF is still a great value off at $199 with $50 off and and 2 extra games to boot

This article suggests that there is no universal price cut on the PS3, because Sony is trying to maximize profits for the fiscal year.

http://www.gamesindu...thout-price-cut

#172 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

Does this deal seem legit? How long would a person have to wait outside of Gamestop to get this bundle? Never been there on a black friday.

If it is like last year, every major retailer will be carrying this bundle (including Radio Shack), so you will have more options than just GameStop...

#173 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

I was hoping they would throw in the Uncharted 3 GOTY package in there as well..

#174 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

that would kick some major butt, can i come with you?
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#175 Viper187

Viper187

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

I was hoping they would throw in the Uncharted 3 GOTY package in there as well..

Yeah, I actually need Uncharted 3. The other games are worthless to me. I already have the first 2 Uncharteds and no interest in Infamous. I don't care about the GOTY edition though, so it may still be better to get the cheapest bunlde and pickup U3 separate. I'm hoping Amazon runs a B2G1 though, so I end up with U3 for like $13. heheh

You'd think places like Amazon would offer a pretty big gift card with the regular slims at some point just to clear them out though. Make room for the super slims. Didn't they do $75 promos one year?

#176 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm thinking there might be a price reduction on the 320GB Slim, since it will sell for the same price as the 500GB AC3 superslim bundle.

Since the 160GB is $20 less than the 250GB UC3 superslim bundle, that is probably why that hasn't yet had a price reduction.

#177 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

i'm thinking about either getting one of these, or a vita. can't make up my mind. maybe i'll get both :-o

my wife probably wouldn't be too happy about that though. 8-[

Auen1.png?7125

#178 oni_saru_sensei

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Great bundle with great games!! I would buy this if I didn't have a ps3 already.

#179 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

i'm thinking about either getting one of these, or a vita. can't make up my mind. maybe i'll get both :-o

my wife probably wouldn't be too happy about that though. 8-[

PS3 is better. Vita needs more improvements (namely more games)...

The Vita should have allowed us to use our own 64 GB micro SDXC cards instead of that propriety , SLOW 32 GB card that I had to pay over $45 for.

#180 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hope I can pick up a slim for 200USD-ish on Black Friday. I don't see the appeal of the superslim.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause: