Photo
- - - - -

Rumor: Black Friday PS3 Superslim bundle w/ 2 games $200 (Confirmed!)

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#241 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

Isn't this the same bundle that's likely to float around everywhere during Black Friday, like last year's LBP/R&C BF bundle? Or is this exclusive to this Shopko store?

Either way, I may as well bite if this is what BF is going to be offering this year, since I do need a PS3 and I only own 1/2 of both franchises. Bought Uncharted 1 a while ago and got Infamous 1 free during the PSN debacle via download, so won't be losing out too much and will gain way more with that price and two un-owned & great games, nice HD size and new model. 8-)

Posted Image

#242 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

So, would this be a better deal than the previous slim? I have a previous model slim on layaway, because i was sure the general consensus on this model was that it was horrible constructed and easily breakable. was that just Internet hate? is it actually pretty okay for a PS3?

I need a new one to replace my phat. If it dies again, I'm screwed out of my stuff >.<;

#243 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

So, would this be a better deal than the previous slim? I have a previous model slim on layaway, because i was sure the general consensus on this model was that it was horrible constructed and easily breakable. was that just Internet hate? is it actually pretty okay for a PS3?

I need a new one to replace my phat. If it dies again, I'm screwed out of my stuff >.<;

IMO the superslim isn't poorly constructed, I think it is about the same as the slim PS2. If you look at earlier pages on this thread, you will see how well this model survives some extreme abuse...

#244 joeboosauce

joeboosauce

Snarf! Get in the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Wish this bundle came with at least 1 month of PS+. I'm replacing a YLOD so this model isn't as good to me since I have all 4 games... Wish there was a second option or a deal on the base model by itself.
Posted Image

"The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them." - George Orwell

#245 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

any rumors on a possible ps vita bundle? i've been wanting to get one for a while, but i haven't been impressed by what they've offered thus far (feb, madden bundle, etc.) the ac:liberations one looked cool, but it's still a bit too steep for me.

Auen1.png?7125

#246 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Wish this bundle came with at least 1 month of PS+. I'm replacing a YLOD so this model isn't as good to me since I have all 4 games... Wish there was a second option or a deal on the base model by itself.

This is the exact situation I am in (except I also already own Infamous: Festival of Blood, so really I own all five games included in this bundle), so I wish there were different games bundled with the system. Though, it's hard to argue with the quality of the games they decided to bundle with the system this year for BF.

I guess we should start checking trade in values for the Uncharted and Infamous games now to get the most bang for our buck before the bundle is released and the games become more widespread (thus dropping their trade in values)?

#247 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I am surprised that apparently there isn't a PS+ trial in this bundle. Sony has stated that PS+ will be a big push for them, so I would expect that eventually every PS3 sold will come with a PS+ trial...

#248 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

This is the exact situation I am in (except I also already own Infamous: Festival of Blood, so really I own all five games included in this bundle), so I wish there were different games bundled with the system. Though, it's hard to argue with the quality of the games they decided to bundle with the system this year for BF.

I guess we should start checking trade in values for the Uncharted and Infamous games now to get the most bang for our buck before the bundle is released and the games become more widespread (thus dropping their trade in values)?

I know GameStop has a 50% trade in bonus on these games, but I think the bonus is intended for that sale on the PS3 collections they are having. I suggest you check with them to be sure...

#249 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

LBP Karting makes me very happy. Hopefully other retailers match.

#250 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

IMO the superslim isn't poorly constructed, I think it is about the same as the slim PS2. If you look at earlier pages on this thread, you will see how well this model survives some extreme abuse...

I saw. Hammers? really?! People are crazy.

Seems like a good deal though. I don't need to worry about HDD space (I have a 500GB already anyway..).

but I'd spring for this probably if it pops up at major retailers (I'm sure Walmart will have it lol)

#251 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

No need to order from Shopko -- mostly all major retailers and major websites will have some sort of PS3 bundle for $200

#252 Hyde0709

Hyde0709

Wisconsin Gamer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Are these sales expected to be online as well or in store only?

They should be online as well. Sales start @ 9:00 PM, thanksgiving

Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Current playing: Titanfall  :xb1:

#253 Rosterking

Rosterking

Look away.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Friend just bought a PS3 Super Slim and it runs amazingly well. I might end up buying it, but then again, there just might be even cheaper models on amazon.

#254 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Friend just bought a PS3 Super Slim and it runs amazingly well. I might end up buying it, but then again, there just might be even cheaper models on amazon.

Not cheaper than $200.
Posted Image

#255 SunCe177

SunCe177

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Anyone think there is any slight chance of the Assassin's Creed 3 500gb Bundle being sold any less than $300 before Christmas? I Doubt it, but I saw Sony was selling it for $250 with some university account or something website a few days ago.

#256 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Anyone think there is any slight chance of the Assassin's Creed 3 500gb Bundle being sold any less than $300 before Christmas? I Doubt it, but I saw Sony was selling it for $250 with some university account or something website a few days ago.

I'm hoping retailers have a deal on it for say $250, or make their own bundles with different games (or clearance out the existing slims for <$200, yeah right lol).

I have all the games in the official bundle, so I'd rather get game(s) I don't already have - and I'd be willing to shell out $250 for the AC3 bundle due to the 500 gig HD.

#257 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Wouldn't Target be the Midwest Target? I'm in Nebraska and we have both.

Yes target is the midwest target lol. It's HQ is in Minneapolis, MN. Bad analogy by that other poster.

#258 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:25 AM

If anyone here is looking for a 1 month PS+ code so they can take advantage of cloud save and transferring files, I have an extra that I'd trade for something.

#259 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

any rumors on a possible ps vita bundle? i've been wanting to get one for a while, but i haven't been impressed by what they've offered thus far (feb, madden bundle, etc.) the ac:liberations one looked cool, but it's still a bit too steep for me.

Auen1.png?7125

#260 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Just heard about the SSX/NFS: Most Wanted bundle.

I'd love to get that. My brother wants me to buy him a PS3, and I want Most Wanted, so that's a hell of a deal.

#261 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Just heard about the SSX/NFS: Most Wanted bundle.

I'd love to get that. My brother wants me to buy him a PS3, and I want Most Wanted, so that's a hell of a deal.

Where'd you hear about it? How many gigs? I'd rather have that bundle than one with games I already owned and played over a year ago.

#262 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Where'd you hear about it? How many gigs? I'd rather have that bundle than one with games I already owned and played over a year ago.

Theres 2 diff holiday bundles:
http://www.cheapassg...4&postcount=199

#263 Ninjouzata

Ninjouzata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

I hope other retailers have the bundle with other games so I can grab those, because I love the Uncharted and Infamous series, but there's no reason for me to own the bundled collections xD

#264 gn2007

gn2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

I seen AAFES black friday ad have call of duty vita bundle for 199 says it has 69 dollars of extra in bundle normal price is 249

#265 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

I seen AAFES black friday ad have call of duty vita bundle for 199 says it has 69 dollars of extra in bundle normal price is 249

I do expect to see similar deals from other retailers...

#266 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Nice prices. I am by no means a PS3 fan. But $200 for blu ray player, streaming media, streaming music, and a decent game library is great deal. If gaming is not your priority this system will make people quite happy.

#267 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Does anyone know if GameStop will be selling these as sealed? Or will they be "opened sold as new?"

I'm not trying to fan the GameStop hate, I just don't buy there if I can help it as I prefer new over used, and ebay is my used game source, not Gamestop.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#268 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Does anyone know if GameStop will be selling these as sealed? Or will they be "opened sold as new?"

I was not aware that Gamestop was opening systems before selling them.

Maybe in the hood they open them and place security tags in them? Not sure...

I would think they most people would be getting sealed systems.

#269 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm not trying to fan the GameStop hate, I just don't buy there if I can help it as I prefer new over used, and ebay is my used game source, not Gamestop.

I don't know what you are talking about. I have never heard of Gamestop opening up new systems, there is no need to do this. In most instances they would be inclined to sell used systems, since they make more money that way...

#270 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't know what you are talking about. I have never heard of Gamestop opening up new systems, there is no need to do this. In most instances they would be inclined to sell used systems, since they make more money that way...

If you look at the unboxing PS3 videos you'll see the system comes in 2 boxes (the bundle info on the thin outer box and base PS3 info on the inner box)

What Sony does is that they make regular base PS3's and boxes -- when they have a bundle, they slip in extra bundle items into the base box and put a 2nd thin box over it from factory. Sony sometimes sends bundle items + thin outer boxes to some retailers so they can make their own bundles from base PS3 systems that they have in stock

Good thing about the super slim PS3 is that there are currently no base systems for sale -- they're all selling bundles so all retailers will get bundles directly from Sony