• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:47 AM

http://store.origin.com/?ipr=ty
Without log-in
Choose a Game
Apply the Discount Code OS3874XVC
Delete the game from the cart.
Login now
Search the game again and "buy" it for 0$.
Wait for the order confirmation email and of course, the game.
Log out then repeat.

^ Follow these instructions for getting multiple games on one account.

#62 Karazykid

Karazykid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I did this an hour ago and it worked just fine, but now even with brand new account it's saying it's an invalid promo code. Possibly they caught on?

#63 silverrat23

silverrat23

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Code is dead

#64 Headhumper

Headhumper

I Am the Walrus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Still gives me "Invalid promo code" :/
Posted Image

#65 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Its probably dead. I got tons of games that perked my intrest.

#66 the indianbeast

the indianbeast

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

the code is dead. because i tried in my friend's pc and it says "invalid promo code". i wanted fifa 12 :(

#67 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

OP should have probably mentioned that this was PC only....but no point now since the promo seems to have ended

#68 overblood

overblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

but it saids the code expiers on october 28

#69 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

but it saids the code expiers on october 28

when you get a bunch of people redeeming the code for multiple games, EA is bound to take notice and end the promo
it's to be expected.

#70 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

I didn't get to get anything. :(
Posted ImagePosted Image

#71 Xuang

Xuang

Chimmy Cherry Chonga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

Awwww I didn't get anything either all I wanted was spore :/
Charmingly rustic!

#72 juanawoman

juanawoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:14 AM

Awwww I didn't get anything either all I wanted was spore :/

All I wanted was a Pepsi. Just ONE Pepsi and you wouldn't give it to me!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#73 bug034

bug034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

Origin games on console?

Well no, only pc.

Read title.

#74 SHINOBI_3

SHINOBI_3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

i tried this yesterday. it worked but my computer couldnt handle the game i got! lmfao

#75 crazedimp321

crazedimp321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

Managed to nab Battlefield 2142 yesterday. Too bad I didn't know about the work around otherwise I would've gotten mirror's edge as well.
Gamertag: CrAzEdImP321
Twitter: @zombiebash3r
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7247-3504

#76 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

Can someone post that one funny pic again.

#77 LoganDX

LoganDX

that's what she said!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

So glad this got abused and raped. Is it so much to not destroy it for everyone else?
Posted Image

#78 bitterbuffalo

bitterbuffalo

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

is there any way to give these away? like a voucher code or anything. i dont want one, i want to give one.

#79 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

FYI in case some people who took a bunch of games and are worried their games would get revoked. Looks like EA will not do anything.

Hi everyone,

The coupon code is now expired; we’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games.

http://forum.ea.com/...60/9040620.page

#80 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

So glad this got abused and raped. Is it so much to not destroy it for everyone else?

It wasn't ruined. You had two days to use your code; don't bitch about it when you had the opportunity to use it and didn't.

FYI in case some people who took a bunch of games and are worried their games would get revoked. Looks like EA will not do anything.
http://forum.ea.com/...60/9040620.page

It's a publicity stunt, anyway. They did the same thing on 11/21 last year and on 12/22 in 2010; I have over 40 games I got for free from them now, including a few free single purchases between then and now. They are intentionally making the same "mistake" multiple times because they need the exposure and client traffic. It costs them mere pennies to let us download their software, and digital downloads are infinitely distributable. It's not like we're running the company under.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#81 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

It's a publicity stunt, anyway. They did the same thing on 11/21 last year and on 12/22 in 2010; I have over 40 games I got for free from them now, including a few free single purchases between then and now. They are intentionally making the same "mistake" multiple times because they need the exposure and client traffic. It costs them mere pennies to let us download their software, and digital downloads are infinitely distributable. It's not like we're running the company under.

Hmm, not sure it was a publicity stunt. If you look at that EA forum, people are complaining they ended the promotion early and can't get their game even though they took the survey. The way it went down, it looked like EA was scrambling over the weekend.
1. Code went viral. People could buy a bunch of games.
2. Few hours later, EA tried to fix it to allow only one game per purchase.
3. People found an exploit for that.
4. EA shut down the whole promotion code after about 18-24ish hours.
I work at company dealing with digital transactions and believe me people try to hack the systems to get free stuff and the company doesn't just go oh well. Yes, it doesn't mean that much for EA's bottom line but they don't take this stuff lightly. This is true for iTunes, Amazon, Origin, Steam, Facebook, Google Play, etc. I'm pretty sure someone/groups in EA are going to get yelled at Monday.

#82 pandiosity

pandiosity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Looks like you guys don't have to worry about your games being pulled.
Now I wish I had taken more advantage of this thing instead of the one measly game I got.

http://forum.ea.com/...0.page#25426225
--------------------------------------------------
EA_QforQ
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The coupon code is now expired; we’ll honor all sales made with the coupon code over the weekend and hope fans enjoy their games.

Thanks,
Sam "QforQ" Houston
--------------------------------------------------

#83 AlphaPanda

AlphaPanda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Same here, Pandiosity, same here. At least I got something out of it, though, so hey.
Posted Image

Feel free to add me, CAGs. Could always use another bud to play something with.

#84 jacerx

jacerx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I wish I got everything on one account instead of spreading them out on different ones :(

#85 overblood

overblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

I'm happy I was able to get command and conquor 4 for free I wanted to trying

#86 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Darn if I knew this I would not have wasted the time with the survey and just got a bunch of games instead of just one. Does not matter too much as I already own most of the games that have over 80 on metacritic anyways.
igame

#87 LoganDX

LoganDX

that's what she said!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

It wasn't ruined. You had two days to use your code; don't bitch about it when you had the opportunity to use it and didn't.

It was scheduled to run until Oct 28th, since the promo didn't run until then it was ruined. That seems to be the running theme anymore: rape, rape, rape before anyone else gets a chance. Which is sad because it wasn't always like this.
I certainly didn't have two days to use the code. I popped in on the site one day after the thread was started. I'm not sitting on CAG 24 hours a day, although I guess I should if I want in on anything good.
Posted Image

#88 Ciscomancer

Ciscomancer

I love lamp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

It was scheduled to run until Oct 28th, since the promo didn't run until then it was ruined. That seems to be the running theme anymore: rape, rape, rape before anyone else gets a chance. Which is sad because it wasn't always like this.
I certainly didn't have two days to use the code. I popped in on the site one day after the thread was started. I'm not sitting on CAG 24 hours a day, although I guess I should if I want in on anything good.

Ditto here, I actually filled out the survey and was waiting until i got home to order, and now i get nada.
Posted Image

#89 Zexy

Zexy

I know I'm sexy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

I expect there to be a surge in member registration in preparation for a similar promotion in the future.

#90 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Damn, I'm only JUST finding out about this. We can't all live on CAG....