FREE origin games!

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#91 bosanac

bosanac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Is it legal to gift my second account with some games to someone? because I already have the games on my main account.

#92 BigBob

BigBob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I love the "I can't live on CAG" comments.

It takes what, 15 seconds to get on the site and skim through the 'Contests & Free Stuff'.

Phew man, that's liven.

#93 BigBob

BigBob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Is it legal to gift my second account with some games to someone? because I already have the games on my main account.

No, but I have a question for you..

How do you gift games on Origin?

#94 bosanac

bosanac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

No, but I have a question for you..

How do you gift games on Origin?

You can't as far as I know.

#95 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Hmm, not sure it was a publicity stunt. If you look at that EA forum, people are complaining they ended the promotion early and can't get their game even though they took the survey. The way it went down, it looked like EA was scrambling over the weekend.
1. Code went viral. People could buy a bunch of games.
2. Few hours later, EA tried to fix it to allow only one game per purchase.
3. People found an exploit for that.
4. EA shut down the whole promotion code after about 18-24ish hours.
I work at company dealing with digital transactions and believe me people try to hack the systems to get free stuff and the company doesn't just go oh well. Yes, it doesn't mean that much for EA's bottom line but they don't take this stuff lightly. This is true for iTunes, Amazon, Origin, Steam, Facebook, Google Play, etc. I'm pretty sure someone/groups in EA are going to get yelled at Monday.

While that might be true, I think we'll see this happen again soon. Most companies would've changed the way their shopping cart works during the first exploit two years ago; I'm skeptical of why it continues to happen. Their programmers must be really bad.

#96 jacerx

jacerx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

I love the "I can't live on CAG" comments.

It takes what, 15 seconds to get on the site and skim through the 'Contests & Free Stuff'.

Phew man, that's liven.

Some of us actually have stuff to do rather then go to this website and look for these "deals" every second of every day.

#97 SlappyBag

SlappyBag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

yay free games

wish website wasn't slow as hell when code was live and glitched though lol

would have 2x as many free games :P

#98 BigBob

BigBob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Some of us actually have stuff to do rather then go to this website and look for these "deals" every second of every day.

So, how is 15 seconds of your day "every second of the day"?

Please, explain to me how 15 seconds is taking so much time out of your day that you wouldn't be able to get anything else done.

Ever have a cell phone on you and have to take a shit? Oh wait, you probably don't ever go to the bathroom because it takes so much time out of your day. Silly me.

#99 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

Would you like to complain about all the other deals you have missed because you weren't on CAG all the time because quite frankly deals come and go all the time. It isn't about being on here all the time it is just being on here at the right time. You could be offline for 3 months and then could have jumped on the moment this popped up.

I feel like people could spend their time somewhat better by not complaining about things like this because a) this happens all the time and b) next time it could be the exact opposite, as in they get it and others don't. It is just luck of the draw and if we complained about every thing that is related to luck we would complain until we died.

#100 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

EA to users: Good news and bad news. The good news is that you get to keep the games and we won't do anything. The bad news is we left a little present called SecuROM on your computer.

Anyone know which Origin games use DRM?

#101 BigBob

BigBob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

EA to users: Good news and bad news. The good news is that you get to keep the games and we won't do anything. The bad news is we left a little present called SecuROM on your computer.

Anyone know which Origin games use DRM?

Scare tactic.

#102 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

So glad this got abused and raped. Is it so much to not destroy it for everyone else?

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#103 techtonic

techtonic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

Looks like I found this from the neogaf discussion on Origin. Not sure how accurate it is:
http://www.reclaimyo...Origin-DRM-List

#104 melechesh

melechesh

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Considering it's real ... what does this mean? i mean what could they do?

#105 Nogib

Nogib

*squeezing* the *juice*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

I feel like people could spend their time somewhat better by not complaining about things like this because a) this happens all the time and b) next time it could be the exact opposite, as in they get it and others don't. It is just luck of the draw and if we complained about every thing that is related to luck we would complain until we died.

QFT. I've missed stuff. And when I did I didn't get my undies all bunched up like the whiners out there over this particular one. This self-entitled bullshit people keep exemplifying is sickening. They should be DAMN thankful that they are going to supply codes to anyone who completed the survey. They didn't have to do anything, they were under no obligation to do so.
End of line.

#106 Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi

Persona 4 Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

what is this so called securom they threatened that they put on our computers?

#107 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

what is this so called securom they threatened that they put on our computers?

Websites: www2.securom.com, www.sonydadc.com
Operated by: Sony Digital Audio Disc Corporation (DADC)

About SecuROM: SecuROM is a DRM service that is developed, operated and owned by Sony DADC Austria. SecuROM is comprised of a number of DRM solutions, ranging from its serial key / disc verification system, right up to its online activation platform, which, in itself, can be implemented as a try-before-buy platform, pre-release date checker and/or as an online verification system. SecuROM also provides a service to package and distribute downloable content (DLCs) and game patches. Each of these services can either act in isolation or as a package as requested by their clients.

DRM characteristics: Serial key / Disc verification; Time-based activation; Pre-release date check; Serial key / Online activation; Hardware-binding activation.

Relevant documentation: Release Date Check, Sony DADC's Marketing Material, SecuROM Customer Support Page, SecuROM's FAQ Page.

Known issues for PC gamers as found by RYG:

• Earlier versions of SecuROM 7+ can have hardware-binding capabilities, which will affect activation limits;
  • Will install hardware-binding drivers;
  • Will reinstall problematic and specific registry keys if not removed properly;
  • Can blacklist certain diagnostic softwares;
  • Can blacklist certain disc-emulation and/or disc-copying softwares;
  • Can reconnect to in-house servers upon each game launch even after a successful online activation has been made;
  • Later version of SecuROM 7-8+ will perform dual online activations: 1) to determine the validity of the game's executable and 2) to determine if the game was purchased before the general release date;
  • Will leave activation information on users systems, even after a successful deactivation of the game itself;
  • Known to have performance-degrading issues in comparison to a DRM-free copy of the same game;
  • Inconsistent support pages, particularly if developers and/or publishers opt to implement their dedicated SecuROM-support pages;
  • Inconsistent customer / technical support

RYG's assessment of SecuROM: Please refer to the following PC games evaluated by RYG that were implemented with SecuROM:

• Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Disc)
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Online)
  • Bioshock 2
  • Crysis
  • Crysis: Warhead
  • Dead Space
  • Dead Space 2
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Fallout 3
  • FUEL
  • Gothic 4: Arcania
  • GTA: Episodes From Liberty City
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Race Driver: GRID
  • Sacred 2
  • Split/Second Velocity
  • Spore
  • Wall.E
  • Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

Useful Links for PC Gamers: How to detect SecuROM, How to remove SecuROM by RYG, RYG's SecuROM 7+ List, RYG's analysis of SecuROM in Dragon Age 2.

Basically, SecuROM is a textbook anti-piracy program that comes bundled with certain games. It's not Origin-specific as games on Amazon and Steam also have it. If you want to play digital versions of any of the above games, you will have to use SecuROM.

#108 Gamer44

Gamer44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

It looks like Origin is sending out $20 codes for people that filled out the survey.

#109 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Anyone have a link to this survey? I never got it in an email

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#110 pandiosity

pandiosity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

never got that email for the survey. is there a setting in Origins I have to fix.

#111 overblood

overblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

sweet I was able to get 2 free games one from the origan cupon and now from the one they just sent

#112 Attikus

Attikus

Mockingbird is dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

I just tried the code I got in 'consolation' since the other promo was ended, it didn't work. Went to talk to the CU rep and they said that again, due to the overabuse of the codes, it's ended. Origin needs to get the shit striaght so peoplethat legitiamtely want to get a single game don't get fucked around.
Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory...

My Zelda Shrine:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2v965tv.jpg

#113 overblood

overblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

I just tried the code I got in 'consolation' since the other promo was ended, it didn't work. Went to talk to the CU rep and they said that again, due to the overabuse of the codes, it's ended. Origin needs to get the shit striaght so peoplethat legitiamtely want to get a single game don't get fucked around.

you do know it is only good on downloadable games right

#114 Attikus

Attikus

Mockingbird is dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

you do know it is only good on downloadable games right

Considering it doesn't say that anywhere in the promo email i got, no I didn't know that.

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF $19.99 OR MORE FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES.
Fortune and glory kid, fortune and glory...

My Zelda Shrine:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/8x7i8o.jpg
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2v965tv.jpg

#115 Bierno

Bierno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

if anyone have spare code can i have one?

#116 overblood

overblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

Considering it doesn't say that anywhere in the promo email i got, no I didn't know that.

*THIS OFFER IS BEING ISSUED TO YOU FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A CREDIT, CHARGE, DEBIT OR GIFT CARD. OFFER EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012, 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME. DISCOUNT CODE EXPIRES OCTOBER 21, 2012. GOOD ONLY FOR NEW PURCHASES OF $19.99 OR MORE FROM THE ORIGIN STORE AT WWW.ORIGIN.COM AND THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT). EXCLUDES STAR WARS® THE OLD REPUBLIC™, PRE-ORDERS, GAMES RELEASED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE, VALVE GAMES, SELECT PARTNER TITLES DISTRIBUTED BY ORIGIN, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND GAME TIME CODES.

yeh I know I wanted alice for the 360 but the code only works on downloadable games

#117 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

if anyone doesnt want their survey code I'd take, PM me
Posted ImagePosted Image

#118 BigBob

BigBob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

This is dead, it was dead after about 24 hours.

#119 overblood

overblood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

This is dead, it was dead after about 24 hours.

it isn't dead they e-mailed codes today to people that actually did the servey

#120 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

But the universal code is now dead.

Unless there is a link to the survey anyone can take? Or the new codes sent out were also universal.

Edited by emwearz, 18 October 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku