Best Buy Online Retailer Price Match

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

This applies to in-store purchases and online purchases for shipping/store pick-up. For online orders you need to call over the phone to get the price match, there is no method to do it otherwise, but it is very painless process. The item does need to be in stock for shipping for Best Buy to price match it as well.

I called my Best Buy about this. They are saying it starts immediately but does not include accessories (not sure what that entails), install services, and geek squad services (including the protection plans). So it seems like it will include video game systems and games (which is awesome!!!) as well as everything else they sell like appliances and stuff.

These are the following sites they will price match:
  • Amazon.com
  • apple.com
  • buy.com
  • circuitcity.com
  • dell.com
  • lowes.com
  • sears.com
  • walmart.com
  • tigerdirect.com
  • target.com
  • staples.com
  • newegg.com
  • officemax.com
  • officedepot.com
  • hp.com
  • homedepot.com
  • hhgreg.com
  • crutchfield.com

Edited by Saix_XIII, 13 October 2012 - 07:14 PM.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Off topic, but if you have a buy two get one free and they price match an item. Can you use that item in a buy two get one free?

#3 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Yay for Newegg being on the list, ton of stuff there I'd love to get at BB. Boo at no Fry's

#4 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Do they still have to call and check to see if items are in stock? I'm thinking about testing this out with some of the games newegg has for $15

#5 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Do they still have to call and check to see if items are in stock? I'm thinking about testing this out with some of the games newegg has for $15

Since they're matching online sites, I'm sure they'll just need to see if its in stock online(no need to call)

#6 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Off topic, but if you have a buy two get one free and they price match an item. Can you use that item in a buy two get one free?

Probably not without a manager override to combine two promos.

#7 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

This makes me happy, but I still feel like they will be hesitant to match awesome deals. They shot me down last year on a lot of my potential tablet price matches.

#8 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Thank God... Fall of Cybertron for PS3 is like $50 right now... And dropping. HELLO BEST BUY!!! Once it hits $40..
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#9 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

This makes me happy, but I still feel like they will be hesitant to match awesome deals. They shot me down last year on a lot of my potential tablet price matches.

Which is why this information is interesting but academic, for now. I've often had to reference or pull up Best Buy's Price Match Guarantee to get a blueshirt to comply. Until that gets changed - in writing - this will be YMMV at best.

#10 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

On the phone with bestbuy.com and ordering Binary Domain and Yakuza Dead Souls for $30 total

Which is why this information is interesting but academic, for now. I've often had to reference or pull up Best Buy's Price Match Guarantee to get a blueshirt to comply. Until that gets changed - in writing - this will be YMMV at best.

The store has a memo stating all this information. When I called my store he went and got it and read it back to me to ensure he gave me the right information. He wasn't spouting it from memory, he was reading it word for word from the memo.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#11 theking20

theking20

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hmmmmmm awesome, but my best buy sucks lol

I'll try later with yakuza dead souls, it's still $40 there and it's $15 on newegg, let's see if it works

#12 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

i wish gamestop was on the list :-(

#13 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yay for Newegg being on the list, ton of stuff there I'd love to get at BB. Boo at no Fry's

Fry's is a regional B&M store, so I can understand them not matching the online portion of it.

i wish gamestop was on the list :-(

They kind of are, Gamestop stores and .com almost (almost) always have the same pricing and since they match local stores it should be a non-issue.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#14 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Fry's is a regional B&M store, so I can understand them not matching the online portion of it.

They kind of are, Gamestop stores and .com almost (almost) always have the same pricing and since they match local stores it should be a non-issue.

would they pm a gift card deal like walmarts deal b2g a 50$ GC free

#15 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:02 PM

I believe that is Toys R Us, maybe Wal-Mart is doing it too.

Best Buy does not match bundle offers (that includes free items such as B2G1 or gift cards). Some stores will do it to keep your business, but it is not part of the policy.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#16 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

YMMV but chances are BB will match the deal better than the $50. Previous policy would have them take $25 off each game or take $25 off each game & "charge" you for a $50 BB GC either of which would be much better than the TRU deal. Stores that have TRU close and/or you being willing to spend more/get 2 sets of games will increase your odds of getting the match.

While we're on the subject of matches PC Richard has an insane TV deal 3 Samsung TV's for $1400
http://www.cheapassg...10#post10049710

One 55" LED LCD 1080p HDTV
Onr 26" LED HDTV
One 22" LED 1080p HDTV
Considering you'd also get at least $25 in RZ certs when matched @ BB & this would definitely help someone reach silver statues too

Edited by Enuf, 13 October 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#17 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Good for Best Buy for stepping their game up. I have more respect for them now. Since amazon charges tax now, I will be purchasing a lot of items in store at best buy soon.

#18 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

So, wait - the B&M retail Best Buy stores will actually MATCH these retailer online pricings?

EDIT:
So, since this concerns PC games...
Will BB B&M store actually on a retail box PC game they have actually match a digital download deal from Steam (on the same game)?

#19 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

just read that wow, will be sweet with newegg
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I called my BB and they said they will match amazon prices as long as the items are sold by amazon. They weren't sure about newegg though.

#21 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

I'm not going to lie, I'm going to feel a little awkward price matching anything online at a BB store.

fekhvr.jpg

#22 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

No hdmi, no deal

#23 dallow

dallow

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I give them one more year so let's enjoy while it lasts.

I'll probably pricematch from Amazon but still use Newegg when possible.
They need to add Frys.com

#24 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm not going to lie, I'm going to feel a little awkward price matching anything online at a BB store.

Why?

It's better than hauling in a physical ad to shove in some poor, unsuspecting person's face.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#25 TylerDurden313

TylerDurden313

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Why?

It's better than hauling in a physical ad to shove in some poor, unsuspecting person's face.

If you're sneaking up on people and shoving a ad in someone's face, then you're doing it wrong. Also, I don't see the need to haul an advertisement. The ones I use fit just fine in my pocket.

#26 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Wish Best Buy would update their Price Match terms on their site, I always have trouble with BB pricematching.

#27 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:27 PM

Why?

I don't know, it's just that price matching something like Amazon where I could get a huge deal makes it feel strange at the register.

fekhvr.jpg

#28 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

If you feel weird price matching, you havent reached the maximum level of cheap-assery yet.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

So no one has mentioned if this online policy applies only to purchases made that day or will we still have the 30/60 day window on previous purchases? I could see there being a restriction on this that you can only PM on new purchases from online sales and only local competitors for previous purchases.

#30 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

This is B&M only isn't it?