usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

new egg is on the list, time to buy PC stuff at best buy again

#32 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Nice thanks for the info OP. Looking to take advantage of it this holiday season.

#33 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

So no one has mentioned if this online policy applies only to purchases made that day or will we still have the 30/60 day window on previous purchases? I could see there being a restriction on this that you can only PM on new purchases from online sales and only local competitors for previous purchases.

Honestly that would make the most sense. It would take the "showroom" aspect away. While people who want the deals cab easily return/rebuy or roll the dice

#34 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

This is awesome. I've been waiting for this for a long time now. No more waiting for shipping. It's kinda scary though. The last electronics store that did that in my area shut down a year later.

#35 UW_Shocks

UW_Shocks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

RIP Circuit City [they had an awesome PM policy], I still preferred them over Best Buy

A very cool Skyrim Mod:

Falskaar

http://skyrim.nexusm...com/mods/37994/

#36 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

now that Amazon charges taxes this will be a great option.

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#37 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hey guys, just a quick question, if frys is having fifa 13 for 50 bucks this week, do i need a physical ad to pm it at bb?

#38 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hey guys, just a quick question, if frys is having fifa 13 for 50 bucks this week, do i need a physical ad to pm it at bb?

The actual ad no. Fry's needs to be a local competitor and you need to prove it's that price. Whether it's by having Best Buy call the store, showing the ad on your phone, or going to Fry's and taking a photo of the sale price.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#39 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

If you're sneaking up on people and shoving a ad in someone's face, then you're doing it wrong. Also, I don't see the need to haul an advertisement. The ones I use fit just fine in my pocket.

You're missing my point, but whatever.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#40 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

Just spoke to someone at my local Best Buy. Said the pricematching started October 7th and will run until December 24th, except for the week of Thanksgiving (no Black Friday/Cyber Monday matching). And I asked about post-purchase PMing to an online retailer, but that is NOT part of the temporary policy. You can only PM at the TIME OF PURCHASE.

Now if this is all true or not... She sounded knowledgeable, but who knows...

#41 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Just spoke to someone at my local Best Buy. Said the pricematching started October 7th and will run until December 24th, except for the week of Thanksgiving (no Black Friday/Cyber Monday matching). And I asked about post-purchase PMing to an online retailer, but that is NOT part of the temporary policy. You can only PM at the TIME OF PURCHASE.

Now if this is all true or not... She sounded knowledgeable, but who knows...

Yeah this seems like the logical thing. You can either take the better price online NOW or hope the price drops in store or local competitor. I will only be using this for the truly great deals but unfortunately without the week of black Friday they might be few and far. Having a 60 day window for local competitors is still pretty darn good.

#42 GalvatronType_R

GalvatronType_R

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

YMMV.

Every time I've tried to get a PM at BB (except for once instance), it's a PITA. The manager gets called over, they call the other store, they take their sweet time about it, etc.

So no thanks, especially with the holiday crowds, it will still be much easier (and cheaper with no tax) to order from amazon, buy.com, newegg, et. al., to order and buy stuff.
Posted Image
Get your own Gamercard Sig.

#43 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

The actual ad no. Fry's needs to be a local competitor and you need to prove it's that price. Whether it's by having Best Buy call the store, showing the ad on your phone, or going to Fry's and taking a photo of the sale price.

I'm lucky in that the BBY store I usually go to has a Frys Electronics just two miles away. I've had success pricematching between both stores in person and success matching Frys prices for BBY.com orders (over the phone).

#44 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Yeah this seems like the logical thing. You can either take the better price online NOW or hope the price drops in store or local competitor. I will only be using this for the truly great deals but unfortunately without the week of black Friday they might be few and far. Having a 60 day window for local competitors is still pretty darn good.

they'll extend the pm time frame for the holidays usually till mid Feb. so that usually can get alot of deals equal to or better than BF/cyber monday. With the exception of nintendo titles & COD type games 4 months is hella long for a game to hold it's price above $40 across the board. Some games even have their MSRP drops to $40-$50 in that time frame so sale price on top of that is really good.

#45 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

YMMV.

Every time I've tried to get a PM at BB (except for once instance), it's a PITA. The manager gets called over, they call the other store, they take their sweet time about it, etc.

So no thanks, especially with the holiday crowds, it will still be much easier (and cheaper with no tax) to order from amazon, buy.com, newegg, et. al., to order and buy stuff.

your local stores then I tend to have all my stuff together when requesting the match & will call the store myself if needed but it's been a long time since I've had a store call to confirm stock. You might wanna get in good with your gaming reps & let them goto bat for you.
The no tax thing is quickly fading plus by taking all the spending perks BB offers I easily overcome 6%-8% tax on my daily purchases. Add in being able to match unlimited thru 60 days is tough to overcome based on the shear # of stores in my area that can be matched.

#46 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

YMMV.

This is the main reason why i order all my preorders online for in-store pickup now. It's easier to surf the net or play games while i'm on hold with BB CS lol. One round of Gears 3 TDM for MP while i get my $10 credit ftw.

#47 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

OMG this new policy is a gold mine for us who are taking advantage of BestBuy $20 GCU with preorder of certain games, and IF your Silver you have 60 days! Calling bestbuy customer service right now, I have 3 games I am price matching right now that are cheaper else where since I bought the,, so about $50 refund+$60 RZ certs I already got, so I only paid $70 for 3 new hot games!
Posted Image

#48 TheodorusMajorus

TheodorusMajorus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Now I'm wondering... If you PM Amazon or some other online retailer, can you then post-purchase PM physical stores afterwards?

#49 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:32 PM

Fantastic news! Now Best Buy completely gets all of my business. If only they sold groceries.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#50 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Is there some place on Best Buy's website that says this? There's one Best buy that has something I want, but the sales associates don't know anything.

#51 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

OMG this new policy is a gold mine for us who are taking advantage of BestBuy $20 GCU with preorder of certain games, and IF your Silver you have 60 days! Calling bestbuy customer service right now, I have 3 games I am price matching right now that are cheaper else where since I bought the,, so about $50 refund+$60 RZ certs I already got, so I only paid $70 for 3 new hot games!

^ Didn't someone already say that you can only price match these .com orders AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, and the 30/60 day window doesn't apply?

Truth be told, when it comes to PMing anything, anywhere, whether it be at a physical location, or online, it's all very YMMV! If you're dealing with a rep who is cool, and if you need a manager to do the override (because the price difference is significant) and get one that's cool, then it's all good. Otherwise, you're going to run into problems. That's pretty much how these things go.

#52 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Is there some place on Best Buy's website that says this? There's one Best buy that has something I want, but the sales associates don't know anything.

On their website...no. On other wesbites yes. Give Best Buy customer service a call and see if they can help.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#53 Brodown

Brodown

The Duke of Spook

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Hmmmmmm awesome, but my best buy sucks lol

I'll try later with yakuza dead souls, it's still $40 there and it's $15 on newegg, let's see if it works

Same problem here my local Best Buy are full of assholes with nothing better to do but turn away people who want to price match. Two weeks ago i tried getting the DMC: HD Collection for $15 (newegg.com deal) and of course they wouldn't do it. So Fuck em it's free shipping from newegg and everything comes within days.

Don't even support that crap shack best buy. They'll all be amazon warehouses in a few years anyways

#54 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Same problem here my local Best Buy are full of assholes with nothing better to do but turn away people who want to price match. Two weeks ago i tried getting the DMC: HD Collection for $15 (newegg.com deal) and of course they wouldn't do it. So Fuck em it's free shipping from newegg and everything comes within days.

Don't even support that crap shack best buy. They'll all be amazon warehouses in a few years anyways

Two weeks ago it wasn't policy to match newegg...good just coming across as being overly entitled.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#55 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

This is great news...unless you've been working down on your backlog like me...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#56 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

This is better for stuff like TV that would be easier to return to a store.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#57 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

This will be awesome. I just hope they state the new policy on their website or something since the employees at my BB aren't always up to date with things like this.

#58 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

My luck getting best buy to follow their own policies is about 50/50. I prefer to purchase online when possible.

#59 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

This is great news, but as others are saying, price matching at BB is so finicky. I wish they had their policiy in [B]big bold letters[B/b] hanging over the customer service desk. You'd be surprised at the disparity in knowledge employees have (at the same store, no less) about their own freaking policy.

#60 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

This is true, but it is ONLY good on electronics HARDWARE and appliances.

Should not be valid on video games.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png