Best Buy Online Retailer Price Match

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#91 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

So I'm guessing this doesn't work with pre-orders, right?

Not in stock yet, no dice....

#92 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:12 AM

So I'm guessing this doesn't work with pre-orders, right?

Not in stock yet, no dice....

In store no, because you can only put $5 down. Online it might work....depends on the employee and how good your verbal skills are.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#93 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:16 AM

Probably already answered but I wonder if I can use the @gamer coupons with this, like will they match the Dead Island GOTY Amazon price of 25 right now and then I can use the $10 coupon to get it for $15...

Highly doubt they'll let you do that.

#94 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

Probably already answered but I wonder if I can use the @gamer coupons with this, like will they match the Dead Island GOTY Amazon price of 25 right now and then I can use the $10 coupon to get it for $15...

No, you can't do that.

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#95 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

For the billionth time, you cannot pricematch AND use the @Gamer coupons unless you have the most lenient BB employees in the world.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#96 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

For the billionth time, you cannot pricematch AND use the @Gamer coupons unless you have the most lenient BB employees in the world.

i think they should be a faq added in the gamers coupon thread that address this very question. It happens everytime, whenyou got someone who thinks they are the first one to found another loophole,lol

#97 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Nice! Will try to match Resident Evil 6 Limited Edition guide with Amazons price $22.99 compared to Best Buy $36.99.

Buying strategy games in stores will never be the same.

#98 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

i think they should be a faq added in the gamers coupon thread that address this very question. It happens everytime, whenyou got someone who thinks they are the first one to found another loophole,lol

A FAQ wouldn't help since it's pretty obvious that most of the ones asking the repeat questions don't read the OP of the threads(or any of the prior posts) anyway by the way they start off with 'sorry if this has been asked before but....'.

That's why so many threads get so bloated, since a good 50% or so of it is repeat questions or people bitching about how the deals aren't good enough.:roll: Again, you only have to see the @Gamer threads for examples of both of these.

Posted Image

#99 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

A FAQ wouldn't help since it's pretty obvious that most of the ones asking the repeat questions don't read the OP of the threads(or any of the prior posts) anyway by the way they start off with 'sorry if this has been asked before but....'.

That's why so many threads get so bloated, since a good 50% or so of it is repeat questions or people bitching about how the deals aren't good enough.:roll: Again, you only have to see the @Gamer threads for examples of both of these.

i bet you when bestbuy finally closes down, these same ppl will be saying "o, i wish bestbuy was still around, so can still get those $10 deals after coupon discount", LOL

#100 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

i bet you when bestbuy finally closes down, these same ppl will be saying "o, i wish bestbuy was still around, so can still get those $10 deals after coupon discount", LOL

:applause:Exactly. Although I'm really hoping that BB somehow manages to avoid the same fate as Circuit City and Hollywood Video(and that Blockbuster is headed to slowly as Dish keeps fuckin' closing stores:bomb:).

Although I gotta admit that I abused the hell out of that $20 gift card if a game wasn't in stock on release day thing that CC had right before they closed down. I think if I paid all of $2 in cash for my purchases at CC the last Black Friday they were still in business it was a miracle.;):D The rest was paid for with the $20 gc's from the release day thing.:lol:

Posted Image

#101 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

:applause:Exactly. Although I'm really hoping that BB somehow manages to avoid the same fate as Circuit City and Hollywood Video(and that Blockbuster is headed to slowly as Dish keeps fuckin' closing stores:bomb:).

Although I gotta admit that I abused the hell out of that $20 gift card if a game wasn't in stock on release day thing that CC had right before they closed down. I think if I paid all of $2 in cash for my purchases at CC the last Black Friday they were still in business it was a miracle.;):D The rest was paid for with the $20 gc's from the release day thing.:lol:

i don't blame you, it is hard to pass up a deal like that. compare to the acts that ppl on sd does / advocate doing. it makes you look like a saint/ angel, LOL

#102 Lord Hamm

Lord Hamm

Give me a Dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

I just called and they said it only applies to core products like hardware and appliances...

Video games and accessories are a no go
Posted Image
Posted Image

#103 goblowsoup

goblowsoup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

I just called and they said it only applies to core products like hardware and appliances...

I know a lot of the store managers already allow .com price matching on games. Thought this was already a store policy, but I guess it's just been manager's decision in the past. Kind of cool to see it become a company wide policy, but it's a shame that it isn't on games.

#104 Whinterfell

Whinterfell

Games are Coming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

I am honestly not sure what store you called but all best buys are price matching any product sold on these sites. They have to be shipped and sold by the site and not by some third party like on Amazon. My Store that I work for matches all of that as long as it isn't a clearance sale or the like. Every store should as it is the new price match policy. That applies to games, systems, computers, TVs, and anything else we sell in the store.

#105 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

I just got back from best buy. I had them price match The Batman: the Complete 5th season from Amazon which was $15.00 at best buy and I got it for $6 after price match.

I ask if they price match any other online stores and I was told just Amazon and they don't do it all the time. I'm guessing like the more high end things like consoles or more expensive items they will not PM.

#106 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

Just wondering but I remember someone on CAG saying that best buy extends the price match period to 60 days for everybody during the holiday the season. Is this true? If so, when does it start?

#107 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:13 AM

I just called the best buy 888 number and my rep also said no price match on games or movies.

:( sad. I have $120 in BB credit and I would have preorderd Halo 4 with them if they price matched neweggs promo.

They don't match preorder prices either though.

Whatever. Black Friday isn't THAT far away, and a random armor skin isn't something that valuable anyway :)
Currently Playing -
:pc: Marvel Avengers Alliance
:360: Halo 4/Assassins Creed 3/Skylanders Giants/ZOE HD
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles 2
:psp: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
:ds: Pokemon White 2
Vita: AC3 Liberation

#108 agentorange14

agentorange14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

I price matched a used ps3 mortal kombat to a new copy at newegg.com today. The best buy manager said sure it's been a long day why not. Worth a shot I'd say.

#109 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

If it's not updated on their site then this means nothing. It's been sort of an "up to each GM" type deal for a while now. However, checking their website it is indeed UNCHANGED (sorry if this was already mentioned but I'm not weeding through 6 pages).

Does Best Buy match the prices of Internet retailers?

No. Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores. If, however, a local retail competitor has the same or lower price as its online store and the customer can provide verification of the in-store price, Best Buy will match the price (so long as all other price match policy criteria are met).

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#110 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

I work there.

In store we are SUPPOSE to only match hardware and appliances.... but more than likely some employees didn't read the fine print on it.

I'm a supervisor there and what this guy says is true. Hardware and appliances only. All at manager discretion. Anything else at store discretion.
631261.png

#111 gunitfan

gunitfan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

I Called Mines Earlier & The Lady Told Me Just About Everything I Asked If You Could On Games She Said Yes So IDK

#112 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

It's YMMV. Typically though, the @Gamer coupons are not supposed to be stacked with any price matches or any sort of promotions (e.g. buy 2 get 1 free) except for BB sale prices. But if you can find a BB employee/manager who is COOL enough to do the PM and coupon doscount for you, then go for it!

#113 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:27 AM

I Called Mines Earlier & The Lady Told Me Just About Everything I Asked If You Could On Games She Said Yes So IDK

I know there's still a couple of months left, but I think we've got our Post of the Year.

#114 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

what a surprise.. sounds like this is gonna be a big ol' boat of FAIL =(

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#115 KrisMKX

KrisMKX

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:00 AM

OMFG! OMFG! PPL have TON of BEST BUY CREDIT!! They need to PM and spend it!! THEY HAVE BEST BUY CREDIT!!

106889.png

#116 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I usually just bring up a seperate window for each I want to quote and reply to and then just cut/paste them into one.

But I was surprised at how easy it was to PM at WM last Black Friday. All I had to do was bring with me the ad from GS showing the $10 Driver: SF and it was a done deal.

About the only thing I was shocked by being able to do at BB was that I used my B2G1 on games $39.99 and under on the $29.99 titles they had that included Rage, Need For Speed: The Run and a bunch of others.

Thanks to using that coupon I got three fairly new releases(at the time) for $20 each. I played a lil bit of each, got bored with them and I think I traded them in a week from BF for $5-7 MORE apiece than I had paid.:evil:

You don't even need an ad of any type paper or electronic at Wal Mart. Just tell them and they confirm it themselves there via phone call/web browser. There are Price Match policy plaques all over my stores that specifically say you don't need the ad(including 3 plaques right in the electronics register area). That said, when I actually tried it for a GameStop deal, the minimum wagers there know nothing about it and say they can't do it(until I point out the sign directly above their heads;)). Needed a manager to do it for me but eventually got it.

#117 Kain

Kain

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

I've been price-matching Walmart.com and Target.com at BestBuy literally for years. Sometimes I would bring in a print version if I went there directly from work (since that's where I print) but most of the time I would just bring the page up on my phone and show it to them.

Amazon, however, was something I discovered last Tuesday when I stopped in to do some Upgrade & Saves and I noticed Amazon had Piranha 3D for $22.99. I asked the guy at the counter, "You don't price-match Amazon, do you?" And he said they did, so I ran back, grabbed a copy of the movie, then loaded up the item's page on my Droid, and the guy matched it just like that.

It's nice to see they'll take on NewEgg, but I'd usually order from there anyways since I wouldn't have to pay tax like I would at BestBuy or Amazon. Now if only they'd start matching Club Prices (Such as Sam's Club) or Regional Stores (Such as Fry's.)

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

#118 PlatinumAssassin

PlatinumAssassin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

I've been price-matching Walmart.com and Target.com at BestBuy literally for years. Sometimes I would bring in a print version if I went there directly from work (since that's where I print) but most of the time I would just bring the page up on my phone and show it to them.

Amazon, however, was something I discovered last Tuesday when I stopped in to do some Upgrade & Saves and I noticed Amazon had Piranha 3D for $22.99. I asked the guy at the counter, "You don't price-match Amazon, do you?" And he said they did, so I ran back, grabbed a copy of the movie, then loaded up the item's page on my Droid, and the guy matched it just like that.

It's nice to see they'll take on NewEgg, but I'd usually order from there anyways since I wouldn't have to pay tax like I would at BestBuy or Amazon. Now if only they'd start matching Club Prices (Such as Sam's Club) or Regional Stores (Such as Fry's.)

There actually is an employee tool that lists websites and retailers for matching. On that list is Costco.

#119 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

There actually is an employee tool that lists websites and retailers for matching. On that list is Costco.

i heard that toys'rus is not on the list for pm

#120 gunitfan

gunitfan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Just Got Ninja Gaiden 3 For 20 Bucks From Newegg Price :)