• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#121 gunitfan

gunitfan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

i heard that toys'rus is not on the list for pm

Its Not If You Have An Local One I Just Tried & Almost Got Away With It If I Coulda Shown The Cashier The Price Before Manager Came

#122 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

I've been price-matching Walmart.com and Target.com at BestBuy literally for years. Sometimes I would bring in a print version if I went there directly from work (since that's where I print) but most of the time I would just bring the page up on my phone and show it to them.

Amazon, however, was something I discovered last Tuesday when I stopped in to do some Upgrade & Saves and I noticed Amazon had Piranha 3D for $22.99. I asked the guy at the counter, "You don't price-match Amazon, do you?" And he said they did, so I ran back, grabbed a copy of the movie, then loaded up the item's page on my Droid, and the guy matched it just like that.

It's nice to see they'll take on NewEgg, but I'd usually order from there anyways since I wouldn't have to pay tax like I would at BestBuy or Amazon. Now if only they'd start matching Club Prices (Such as Sam's Club) or Regional Stores (Such as Fry's.)

They do PM club prices as long as one is within 25 miles. Confirmed on the BBY forums by mods. Also regional stores were always PMable if within 25 miles.

http://forums.bestbu...ght/true#M46353

Unless you were talking about online prices. Then that probably won't happen.

#123 gunitfan

gunitfan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Its Not If You Have An Local One I Just Tried & Almost Got Away With It If I Coulda Shown The Cashier The Price Before Manager Came

Or Unless You Price Matching An Ad Then They Will Website No

#124 ajm_64

ajm_64

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Good for Best Buy for stepping their game up. I have more respect for them now. Since amazon charges tax now, I will be purchasing a lot of items in store at best buy soon.

wait amazon charges tax now? for all states or for certain states only?

#125 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

So you don't need to know English to post in this thread?

#126 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

So you don't need to know English to post in this thread?

Ie zen zen nai.

#127 Kain

Kain

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:12 AM

They do PM club prices as long as one is within 25 miles. Confirmed on the BBY forums by mods. Also regional stores were always PMable if within 25 miles.

Sorry, my bad, by regional, I meant ones that weren't in the local region. We don't have any Frys on the Easy coast, for example, so I don't see a NY BestBuy matching them.

I thought they deny Sam's due to the fact that there's a membership fee that "off-balances the lower price." In that case, we do have local Sam's, but unfortunately, I can't see BestBuy matching the Vita's $94 price at the Myrtle Beach Sam's when the local Sam's price is still $290.

wait amazon charges tax now? for all states or for certain states only?

Certain states, I believe. They've been charging us New Yorkers tax for at least five years now.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

#128 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:16 AM

I went to the store where my newegg price match store pick-up order was, which is different from the closer store I called the other day. I asked them about the online price match policy and they said it excludes some items and also they won't match lightning deals, which makes sense. It needs to be their normal price, not a timed/limited offer and it needs to be in stock. I asked specifically if they will price match video games and they said sure, as long as it meets the above requirements.

I dunno if some stores are not following the new policy by choice or misinformation or what.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#129 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

Yay for Newegg being on the list, ton of stuff there I'd love to get at BB. Boo at no Fry's

Frys.com prices are almost always same in store. bb will match the B&M and will also match if it same available for in-store pick-up

Edited by spidergraf, 15 October 2012 - 03:19 AM.
misspelling

#130 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

Tempted to see if they would let me price match Silent Hill: Downpour for 17.25.

Sadly, no store in my area has it in stock, but I could do ship to store but not sure if I could PM that.

edit: Nvm, I just realized its not shipped and sold by amazon >_<

#131 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Had no issues. Went in, got Yakuza Dead Souls and DMC HD both price matched.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#132 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

I don't know, it's just that price matching something like Amazon where I could get a huge deal makes it feel strange at the register.

This the same problem my gf has (if I understand your issue correctly) she feels bad using a free voucher/coupon. Just remember you are not doing anything wrong, you are not stealing, you are simply working with in the system that bestbuy has created to receive your business

Edited by Desousa93, 15 October 2012 - 08:56 AM.
f*cking auto correct

#133 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Had no issues. Went in, got Yakuza Dead Souls and DMC HD both price matched.

What price on DMC HD?:twisted:

#134 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

I believe DMC is $15.

#135 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Toyrus has this policy and I imagine BB is similar they take their memberships/ coupons FIRST and then they slash it to the price match. Effectively price matching away your coupon.
Same thing here use your ten dollar off coupon then price match the item for 15 less (than the original price) and your coupon is now useless.

#136 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

she feels babe using a free voucher/coupon.

(rushes off to Urban Dictionary to understand some new saying the kids are into now; fails)

#137 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

I believe DMC is $15.

thx fukuro

#138 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

(rushes off to Urban Dictionary to understand some new saying the kids are into now; fails)

Shit that was quick, check the edit notes

#139 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:18 AM

No problem.

#140 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

DMC HD is $16, 15.99 on newegg currently

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#141 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

"does not include accessories"

Was thinking about going to BB to get a PM on an Xbox 360 controller from Newegg. Was curious if anyone knew if controllers are excluded.

#142 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

"does not include accessories"

Was thinking about going to BB to get a PM on an Xbox 360 controller from Newegg. Was curious if anyone knew if controllers are excluded.

Based on the information I was able to find out....I have no idea. They never specified what they consider accessories. I know controllers are, but perhaps they meant more like HDMI cables and the sort. What about mice/keyboards? It was rather vague. I would just call the online phone number and try and get them to price match for an online order for store pick-up and see what happens

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#143 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I've actually price matched at a couple of my local Best Buys over the last few months. I think it was three tries and I had success all three times. They matched Amazon and Newegg. When I asked them about it, they said it was new, so I suppose they were part of a pilot program before the guidelines were officially announced for the entire company.

Does anyone know if they will do any matching for sites that give a giftcard with purchase? I am assuming the price matching is only price for price and not matching any other promotions.

Also, does this work on pre-orders? Could I have matched Newegg's pre-order pricing and gotten the $20 Reward Zone points also?

Sorry if either of these questions has already been asked.

#144 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

I've actually price matched at a couple of my local Best Buys over the last few months. I think it was three tries and I had success all three times. They matched Amazon and Newegg. When I asked them about it, they said it was new, so I suppose they were part of a pilot program before the guidelines were officially announced for the entire company.

Does anyone know if they will do any matching for sites that give a giftcard with purchase? I am assuming the price matching is only price for price and not matching any other promotions.

Also, does this work on pre-orders? Could I have matched Newegg's pre-order pricing and gotten the $20 Reward Zone points also?

Sorry if either of these questions has already been asked.

Best Buy does not match bundles/free gifts as per policy, a manager may choose to allow it, but it is not policy.

You can only put $5 down at the time of the pre-order in store, as such it would be impossible to price match a game before it comes out. You MIGHT be able to call .com and have them price match it, but that might not happen, depends on who you get on the phone.

And yes, both of those questions have been asked multiple times in multiple threads.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#145 Self_Possessed

Self_Possessed

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

once again...does this apply to Puerto Rico?, as I asked before on another thread, they seem to left us behind....

Like 3 years back, I try to match a sears XBL 12 month card....but they said that they won't match online prices.....and they keep me waiting like 30 minutes, and they seem to be calling everyone, they didn't know a thing...and even the manager looked clueless ...pfff

244027.png

Visit my Website AntiHeroe Gaming were hiring :), Follow me twitter @Nuclear_Pulse, Twitch @Nuclear_Pulse, Youtube @XMaximusunox and our FB Page - AntiHeroe Gaming :)

#146 Kain

Kain

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I've always been denied the "free gift card" deals, but my BestBuy has always matched B2G1 deals and even B1G1 (like Toys R Us's "Buy Darksiders 2 Get Sleeping Dogs free" deal from a couple weeks back.) I remember the week Target was having their B2G1 sale many moons ago. I walked up to the counter with nine games in hand and they matched no questions asked. It was like being a kid in a candy shop that day.

Last Six Years of Completed Games: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014.

#147 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Picked up Valkyria Chronicles from my Best Buy that was probably sitting there for years. Matched Newegg's price of $16. I spoke to some assistant manager who seemed to have no idea about the PM policy, but the main manager knew all about it and authorized it. So talk to the main manager, and they'll probably know about it.

#148 headpiece747

headpiece747

I'm always angry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

Not a game deal per se but some might find it useful. So I read this thread about Best Buy pricematching and was looking for a Sandisk 64GB microsd but Radioshack was the only one that had it for $39.99 but was sold out online and instore around me. So I went to Best Buy just to see if they had it and they did. I walked up to cashier and showed her the price online and she put in the price and hit radioshack.com on the register and a manager came over and put in his code and I got it for $39.99 with tax out the door.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:32 AM

What price on DMC HD?:twisted:

Price matched to Amazon at $18.xx

http://www.amazon.co...y hd collection

Well, not it is $19.02 but better than the $40 than they have it for and I got Dead Souls for $15 price matched to newegg.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#150 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Price matched to Amazon at $18.xx

http://www.amazon.co...y hd collection

Well, not it is $19.02 but better than the $40 than they have it for and I got Dead Souls for $15 price matched to newegg.

Why not price match newegg? It's $3 cheaper. Not worth the hassle now, but at the time it would have been a decent discount.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List