PS3/360 SFxT Arcade Fightstick Pro $79.99 at GS stores

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

My Hori fight pad was d-pad was getting stick when I pressed down. So, I figured it was time I look at Fight Stick prices and saw it for $79.99 at Gamestop stores. Looks like it's the Arcade Fightstick PRO which is $159.99 on the Mad Catz store.

http://www.gamestop....ght-stick/99080

http://www.gamestop....ght-stick/99079

Edited by Bankotsu, 13 October 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#2 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

Damn closest with ps3 is 90 miles.......would have considered buying

#3 jonathanp

jonathanp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

If it is the Pro, then that is a good deal. It comes stock with Sanwa parts. As it is though, I still might wait it out a bit since it might drop to 30 like the Brawl stick did.

#4 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I requested a store nearby to hold it for me with that online option. Picking it later this afternoon, so I'll report back.

#5 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

I own 3 fightsticks which would seem like overkill, but each serves a purpose. The wireless for just goofing around. The modded SF4 madcatz regular edition for a light model to put on my lap, and my awesome MvC TE for when it's time to get serious. I definitely don't need this, but I just traded in a 3DS the other day for $100 and my brain is telling me "it won't cost anything really."

So thanks OP, but at the same time Fuck you for finding this.

#6 intoxicated662

intoxicated662

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

Was just $129.99 about a month and a half ago, so went and picked this up when you posted this. I luckily got the only one, thanks op! It'll make a perfect birthday gift for a loved one!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

So many in the Dallas, tx area.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#8 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

So many in the Dallas, tx area.

Obviously people in Dallas don't play fighters... lol. In all seriousness though, no stores within 100+ radius have em for me. Besides, I have way too many arcade sticks at this point. >.>

#9 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

Good god, this is an amazing price. Just finished modding one of those sticks last night, and they are great to use. The Sanwa parts are all very responsive. Considering it's a real bargain at $100, yeah. If you have any interest in picking one of these up and have any in your area, get on that! =O

Hell, probably would have picked one up as a fourth stick if there were any in my area. :C

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#10 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Damn, do I need another stick? nope, do I want another one? yes, but I will hold myself and wait for it to drop more and if they ran out, they ran out.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#11 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Damn closest with ps3 is 90 miles.......would have considered buying

You can have your closest store request that it be shipped to them from that store. I do it all the time.

#12 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just picked mine up! It just had to be at the furthest store that I'm willing to drive to lol. Like someone said, there are a lot available in the DFW area. More, in the Dallas area though.

#13 swirly76

swirly76

360 backlog > XBone 4eva

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

$hit.
looking to finally get a good stick, and not one for xbox within 100 miles, here in western washington.......
so... f√úck you, dallas, for taking all the fight sticks!

Edited by swirly76, 13 October 2012 - 08:11 PM.
spelling

#14 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

all 360 ones are out :( seems everyone plays fighters more the 360!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#15 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

Hmm....no PS3 sticks within 100 miles, but the Loneview, WA gamestop seems to have a 360 stick. Bummer, I aint driving 50 miles for it.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Hearthstone, Sam & Max S1E04; Spec Ops The Line

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#16 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Great. The only 360 ones are in Compton. ._.

tumblr_n8m4m92c2R1tyi0d7o1_500.gif       output_U62dcJ.gif

#17 BARTstation

BARTstation

Only 1 shade of gray

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

I have 8 sticks. HAHa. I dont know if I want another one.

#18 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

I have 8 sticks. HAHa. I dont know if I want another one.

Do you think Justin Wong would say that with all the fight sticks he has won?

#19 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

I'm having trouble doing the dragon punch motion consistently lol. Anyone with the PS3 want easy wins tonight? MY PSN is Bowserkick and I have UMvC3, SF2HD,SF3, SSFIV AE, MvC2, and Tekken Tag 2.

#20 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

It's a pretty good stick although I've heard of quality control issues (check the SRK forums). I've used it for a few hours & compared to previous Madcatz all-Sanwa sticks (TE & TE-S), it does feel a bit flimsy as if the plastic's thinner but I didn't open it up to compare & confirm since it wasn't my stick. For that size, I prefer a Hori V3-SA (the new Kai version is very nice!) or even the previous TE/TE-S. Regardless, that's a good price for an all-Sanwa stick considering the parts in there cost ~$50 by themself.

BTW, for those thinking it'll drop down to $30, that'll never happen. This stick isn't in the same league/size as Madcatz other SE/WWE sticks. This is the lowest I've ever seen an all-Sanwa full size stick. If it gets to $60 or less than most peeps will buy it just for replacing Sanwa parts. I know I'd snatch it for $60 just for the Sanwa parts alone & sell the case/shell! For those that know me on this forum, I'm pretty sure you guys & gals know that I know arcade sticks, LOL!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#21 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

It's a pretty good stick although I've heard of quality control issues (check the SRK forums). I've used it for a few hours & compared to previous Madcatz all-Sanwa sticks (TE & TE-S), it does feel a bit flimsy as if the plastic's thinner but I didn't open it up to compare & confirm since it wasn't my stick. For that size, I prefer a Hori V3-SA (the new Kai version is very nice!) or even the previous TE/TE-S. Regardless, that's a good price for an all-Sanwa stick considering the parts in there cost ~$50 by themself.

BTW, for those thinking it'll drop down to $30, that'll never happen. This stick isn't in the same league/size as Madcatz other SE/WWE sticks. This is the lowest I've ever seen an all-Sanwa full size stick. If it gets to $60 or less than most peeps will buy it just for replacing Sanwa parts. I know I'd snatch it for $60 just for the Sanwa parts alone & sell the case/shell! For those that know me on this forum, I'm pretty sure you guys & gals know that I know arcade sticks, LOL!

Hey what kind of quality controls issues are you talking about here? Can you link the SRK thread about this? I thought it's just the older TE that has control issues?

#22 Bankotsu

Bankotsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

I think I'll be fine with the quality of this stick since the only stick I had was the first SE SFIV. This stick is so nice compared to that one. I'm really surprised Amazon offered $70 for me to trade it in when I bought the stick for $50.

#23 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

Great. The only 360 ones are in Compton. ._.

Do you live too far away? I used to work in Gardena so I would go to the CC / Gamecrazy in Compton.

#24 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

None within 100 miles of St. Louis for either system. So funny I just sold my original SF 4 PS3 TE fightstick on Amazon for $127.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#25 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Mine looks cearly used, it was the last one, the seals were broken and there are some light some scratches greasing on the buttons...anyone else get this? I'm aware this maybe cause of the 30 day return policy opened or not for accessories for any reason....

#26 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hey what kind of quality controls issues are you talking about here? Can you link the SRK thread about this? I thought it's just the older TE that has control issues?

Towards the middle of this thread (page 7 or 8; I forgot) talks about random quality control issues with the red case/shell version (scratches on the buttons & artwork) then towards the last few pages, talks about random QC with the black current version (case warping & peeled artwork on the corners):

http://shoryuken.com...-thread.138282/

I've had 7 TE's (1 x Round 1, 2 x Round 2's, 1 x MvC2 TE, 2 x TE-S & 1 x Chun-Li TE-S) & never had an issue. However, those that had issues were mainly with the PCB's of the Round 1 TE's & some Round 2's (the last production batch of Round 2's came with the newer & more reliable TE-S PCB's).

As I was saying before, this is a good price for what it is. Will you have these probs I just listed?!? Can't guarantee either way but probably not. Just something to think about before purchasing, that's all.
- Jimmy

#27 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

I should be fine with the modded TvC sticks that I have but will my patience wear out? I would like a Hori PS3 stick, since I hear the Mad Catz ones don't really work well with PCs. Even if I get this where the hell would I find the room for it?! Gah.

Batsugunner.png

#28 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I should be fine with the modded TvC sticks that I have but will my patience wear out? I would like a Hori PS3 stick, since I hear the Mad Catz ones don't really work well with PCs. Even if I get this where the hell would I find the room for it?! Gah.

I love my TvC stick! I could care less for artwork on any stick (unless it's the Chun-Li TE-S lenticular artwork; *drool*) but the TvC matte finish on the artwork's unique. FWIW, there's a Mayflash Wii-to-PS3 controller adapter available for ~$15 on Amazon until you getta full size stick. As for Madcatz sticks being compatible with PC's, it varies based on what type of motherboard you're running (ATi vs Nvidia) from what I remember reading but don't quote me on that. If you're curious then search on SRK or Google it.

I know what you mean by storage room! I had to trim it down to single digits or else there wouldn't be any room in my man cave (aka media room) to walk around. Also, the wifey wasn't too happy about me constantly buying/trading/selling sticks so often, LOL!
- Jimmy

#29 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Did Mad Catz solve the issue with PS3 sticks and Nvidia PCs? I have one, and I while I do want the Ps3 one, I'm not sure. It's easier for me to just put in a PS1 pcb in the 360 I guess.

Batsugunner.png

#30 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

Did Mad Catz solve the issue with PS3 sticks and Nvidia PCs? I have one, and I while I do want the Ps3 one, I'm not sure. It's easier for me to just put in a PS1 pcb in the 360 I guess.

Not sure since I don't play PC games. Search on SRK or Google it is your best bet.
- Jimmy