What is your Favorite music/ripping software?

as of right now, i'm only using pandora until I can find some good software for both playing and ripping music. I'll just pop a cd in the pc or just keep it in the vehicle cd player.

Shouldn't this be in the PC section?

I personally am looking for something that can rip and retrieve the correct song titles from some sort of database on the internet. the Zune software sucks for this. Stuff I buy from lalalandrecords.com tend to not be in any database so I have to manually input the tracks and that can take forever on their new releases. :(

I haven't used it in a while (for some reason), but Winamp has a great auto-tag feature. It also does ripping and converting quite well. I should really go download that again...

I thought it was fit here since it wasn't pc gaming related.

Also depending on how you plan on using those songs, for example just leaving them on your pc or using them in a mp3 player or phone will depend on which software to use.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Shouldn't this be in the PC section?
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hankmecrankme']EAC for ripping[/QUOTE]

If you arent using EAC to rip then you might as well not bother. Its that simple.

[quote name='squishface']I thought it was fit here since it wasn't pc gaming related.

Also depending on how you plan on using those songs, for example just leaving them on your pc or using them in a mp3 player or phone will depend on which software to use.[/QUOTE]

The PC section doesn't stick to PC gaming as there are a lot of PC hardware/Software questions there.

Anyways mine is combo of PC/Zune or PC/Cell phone since I have a 32gb memory card on the phone. It's mostly music on the phone since I barely use the Zune anymore :(

Update: So I dl'ed EAC and it recommended that I install LAME, when I tried to do that all it gave me was it's files without the lame.exe. When I tried to select an MP3 encoder, it just crashes the program. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Foobar2000 for listening and I can't believe how long it took me to finally realize how much better it is than winamp and how low of resources it takes. love it.

and for ripping EAC for FLACs and then FLACs to mp3 I use dBpoweramp

seems like a good bit of people are using foobar and eac. I haven't used those yet and was wondering if they all get the album artwork and track listings as well ?

I think only once I wasn't able to get track listing. But that's because it is an obscure album. It connects to the same database almost everything else connects to to find info. Itunes is the only program that has had an impossible time finding album art or track listings on basic stuff. Even the software I use for my zune has better database system. So weird.

I'm looking to move most of my music from my Zune software to use on my Android phone. I've always found tagging songs on the phone a nightmare... What program/system would you guys recommend for proper tagging of songs and can easily be transferred to the phone?

EDIT: Actually, I stumbled upon a solution to my problem, and it worked quite well! http://zunplex.blogspot.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some relatively "obscure" tracks and the only way I've been able to get reliable info is through discogs.com and I tag the hard way though winamp. Since I have an actual Walkman, their MediaGo media player program for computers works good for common stuff and even for foreign language music with the correct characters for Asian music.

I always used iTunes with highe AAC settings and everything sounded great to my ears, but I haven't ripped a CD in probably 3 or 4 years.

bread's done
Back