$20 PS Vita Pull N Go Folio @ Gamestop AMZ matched w/FSSS

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I love this case! I was looking for a case that stored the oem charger, USB cable & power plug in addition to the console & some games. This does it (all in the fishnet area) & the removeable inner case is cool. I enjoy this case so much, I bought one (DSi XL version) for my 3DS XL. Got lucky & got this version for $6 plus tax since it was mis-placed in the clearance section (there were 3 - 4 of them there). Even at full MSRP (~$15 - $20), I still would've purchased it.

OT: I highly recommend the Hori FULL FACE protector for the Vita. It protects everything on the front besides the obvious (speakers, d-pad, buttons & both analog sticks).
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#32 cmb00

cmb00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

i have this case, i store my games and other items for my vita. i have my vita in my feb case. i also have the custom case from pdp its nice also. My daughter and i both have this case for our 3ds's they are great for the price.

#33 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

*sigh* I just watched the OP's video and now I think I should get this (I could totally try to fit the portable charger in the mesh pocket), but what do I do with my Vault Case...?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#34 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

This is the best case I have ever owned for a handheld.

I recommend getting it.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#35 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

*sigh* I just watched the OP's video and now I think I should get this (I could totally try to fit the portable charger in the mesh pocket), but what do I do with my Vault Case...?

Good question. This case is unquestionably a superior case and seems to definitely seems well worth the money. My only question like you said is what I will do with my Vault case (also a nice case, just with much less space for games and no room for the AC adapter). Thinkin I will order this and decide about the Vault case later

#36 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Use the vault case when on the go instead of the inner case from this since it will protect the vita better. I don't have either but I will still be getting the vault case as well.

#37 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Use the vault case when on the go instead of the inner case from this since it will protect the vita better. I don't have either but I will still be getting the vault case as well.

But I do that anyway, so would I be using the folio just to hold all my games in one place? They're already all in one place (in their respective cases). I don't see myself playing more than three different games in one trip, so I don't really see the benefit to getting this, at least not in my case (pun totally intended).

I could see justification for it if you do a lot of traveling, however.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#38 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Too bad that BBY don't have this :-( I think I might have to get it in GS... I did a little research and it looks like it's something I need. See, the USB part of the Vita cable is quite brittle at the connector end (I had to duct tape mines). This case will protect the cables... The pull and go little case is pretty neat too. I used the Move controller's strap on the Vita to prevent accidental drops on the train. The Vault case and Custom clear case will not close properly with the straps... The cheap knockoff case I ordered from China works well (it's a zipper case), but no room for anything else. I usually carry the whole thing (Vita and charger), so yes, this is the ideal case for me.

P.S. the custom clear case is very bulky, I didn't like it at all, even $10 clearance price is too much (got one from Target).

#39 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

I got two of these for the DS at Target recently. Marked down to $5.06 each :) Were labeled online items, but they had like 10 of them. The removable case is a really neat feature. I actually took it out and put my own case in there and it works just as good.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#40 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

I got two of these for the DS at Target recently. Marked down to $5.06 each :) Were labeled online items, but they had like 10 of them. The removable case is a really neat feature. I actually took it out and put my own case in there and it works just as good.

DAMN! So lucky... I thought the other guy's $8 price was a bargain... Target online price items are extremely YMMV and not all of them marked down like that.

#41 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Yes everything came with it.

Always check your local GS for used Vita accessories. All cases get the same price of (Used Vita case Any) $8.99

Picked up the Pull and go Folio

Got the NYKO power Grip for $8.99 MSRP ($29.99)

Vita First Edition Leather Case $8.99 Saw them on ebay selling for $30 plus

See stories like this are making me hold off on actually getting this case at this price on the incredibly off chance that I'll find one used or something. Though the Gamestops I've stopped by don't even have used Vita accessories.

#42 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:10 PM

Also, for what it's worth from a 3DS XL owner: the Vita's software library, as "small" as it may seem, is about 10 times stronger than what the 3DS has right now. Hell, if it wasn't for the Mario titles, I would've sold mine long ago.

I agree completely. I find myself rarely using my 3ds anymore. If it weren't for Paper Mario and some other future titles I wouldn't keep it either.

#43 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

But I do that anyway, so would I be using the folio just to hold all my games in one place? They're already all in one place (in their respective cases). I don't see myself playing more than three different games in one trip, so I don't really see the benefit to getting this, at least not in my case (pun totally intended).

I could see justification for it if you do a lot of traveling, however.

I would bring the full case with me but only the vault case actually would leave my car unless I may need the charger or other accessories.

See stories like this are making me hold off on actually getting this case at this price on the incredibly off chance that I'll find one used or something. Though the Gamestops I've stopped by don't even have used Vita accessories.

call the GS that you would be willing to travel to. If none have it super cheap buy it @ $29 you still have 30 days for a return/rebuy if needed.

#44 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

back on sale

#45 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

Thanks so much! There was one Used - Like New at AWD for 14.xx. Hopefully it comes complete.

#46 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I really want a case that can hold the vita and the PDP trigger grips. This one looks too small.

edit: I found a post indicating that the trigger grip and vita will fit if you dont use the pull out case that comes with it. Interesting, I'll take a look at this at gamestop tomorrow perhaps.

I'm hesitant to get a new case though since I want to keep using my persona 4 solid gold case (even though I damaged it already). But I also love the grips, go I hate making decisions.

Edited by V4oLDbOY, 15 December 2012 - 07:45 AM.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#47 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

Im a bit concerned about the cloth that goes over the vita. With my old PSP hard case it had a high quality microfiber cloth i put over the screen when i closed just to be safe.. this doesn't come with a cloth does it? I dont get a good view of the inside but im very leery about having it touch the screen itself without a cloth over the screen.

I was looking at picking up the Crystal custom case as well, but that rubber backing on it looks iffy. Has anyone bought that one? I guess i may just pick this up for the hell of it but im concerned about putting the screen up against it. Can anyone chime on on how soft the material is. Is it microfiber? I really dont want it rubbing on the screen, it looks like a tight fit

Actually on that note: can anyone recomend an excelent microfiber cloth to go with this? I still havent found anything as good as my old PSP one. I want something that will be guarenteed not to scratch my vita and will remove the smudges well
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#48 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Im a bit concerned about the cloth that goes over the vita. With my old PSP hard case it had a high quality microfiber cloth i put over the screen when i closed just to be safe.. this doesn't come with a cloth does it? I dont get a good view of the inside but im very leery about having it touch the screen itself without a cloth over the screen...

The inner lining (of the inner case) is comprised of soft cloth with cutouts for the 2 analog sticks. There's no cloth lining for the analog stick areas but there's a decent amount of distance between the plastic area & top of the analog sticks so I'm not concerned.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#49 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Im a bit concerned about the cloth that goes over the vita. With my old PSP hard case it had a high quality microfiber cloth i put over the screen when i closed just to be safe.. this doesn't come with a cloth does it? I dont get a good view of the inside but im very leery about having it touch the screen itself without a cloth over the screen.

I was looking at picking up the Crystal custom case as well, but that rubber backing on it looks iffy. Has anyone bought that one? I guess i may just pick this up for the hell of it but im concerned about putting the screen up against it. Can anyone chime on on how soft the material is. Is it microfiber? I really dont want it rubbing on the screen, it looks like a tight fit

Actually on that note: can anyone recomend an excelent microfiber cloth to go with this? I still havent found anything as good as my old PSP one. I want something that will be guarenteed not to scratch my vita and will remove the smudges well

wouldn't the screen protect solve it

#50 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

If your talking about the one also sold @ gs i wouldnt recomend it lol, it doesn't protect for crap , it scratches very easily and looks rly dirty when you have it on , i bought it and never used it ... Again if ur talking about the clear custom case.

#51 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I actually have the 3DS version of this, I think it works very well, I may have to bite on this!

#52 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

I really want a case that can hold the vita and the PDP trigger grips. This one looks too small.

edit: I found a post indicating that the trigger grip and vita will fit if you dont use the pull out case that comes with it. Interesting, I'll take a look at this at gamestop tomorrow perhaps.

I'm hesitant to get a new case though since I want to keep using my persona 4 solid gold case (even though I damaged it already). But I also love the grips, go I hate making decisions.

I got this bag for $7, which will just hold the PDP grip, game case, cables and PSV already inside this case.

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#53 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

This is my exact issue. I bought the PDP case before I bought the grips and then fell in love with the grips. Either way, there really isn't any case that truly works with the grips, but I can place the Vita (with grips) in the spot that the pull out case belongs and it fits perfectly. I am just a little concerned about the protection provided (the material in the big case is not real soft and the sticks are exposed) and also how it could simply slide out when unzipped. I wish PDP would make a case that actually fits their own accessory or another manufacturer would see the need that is there.

I have considered adding some sort of velcro straps inside the main case that would better secure the Vita. I'm curious if anyone else has come up with similar or better solutions.

#54 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

man. if only the 3DS XL has such a case

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#55 Fors78

Fors78

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

man. if only the 3DS XL has such a case

They do, I have one of these and the 3dsxl fits perfectly. They sale them at walmart for about 18 bucks. Just make sure you get the one that will fit the DS xl and the 3ds xl will fit fine. Here are links for the black and the blue one, they have a pink also. I just ordered 2 from pdp last week for xmas presents, you can find coupon codes online for pdp.com. But like I said, walmart has these if you can find them, I bought the last one at our walmart.

http://www.pdp.com/p...olio-black.aspx
http://www.pdp.com/p...folio-blue.aspx

#56 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

This is my exact issue. I bought the PDP case before I bought the grips and then fell in love with the grips. Either way, there really isn't any case that truly works with the grips, but I can place the Vita (with grips) in the spot that the pull out case belongs and it fits perfectly. I am just a little concerned about the protection provided (the material in the big case is not real soft and the sticks are exposed) and also how it could simply slide out when unzipped. I wish PDP would make a case that actually fits their own accessory or another manufacturer would see the need that is there.

I have considered adding some sort of velcro straps inside the main case that would better secure the Vita. I'm curious if anyone else has come up with similar or better solutions.

I'm thinking of using another bag then putting this in the spot the case was in, I have one of these from Nintendo Club that might fit the pdp grips.
Posted Image

Anyways, I need to think about this a bit more before putting down $20 on a Vita case I may or may not even use due to my specific needs.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#57 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

Just be careful. I bought a psp 3000 a year ago and bought a used case with it. When I got home and opened the case it looked like somebody jizzed in it. Needless to say I returned it. Lol

#58 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:18 AM

WHAT?! This case is the best case you can ever get on your vita...

#59 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

They do, I have one of these and the 3dsxl fits perfectly. They sale them at walmart for about 18 bucks. Just make sure you get the one that will fit the DS xl and the 3ds xl will fit fine. Here are links for the black and the blue one, they have a pink also. I just ordered 2 from pdp last week for xmas presents, you can find coupon codes online for pdp.com. But like I said, walmart has these if you can find them, I bought the last one at our walmart.

http://www.pdp.com/p...olio-black.aspx
http://www.pdp.com/p...folio-blue.aspx

gah. it's not on amazon :/

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#60 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

Just be careful. I bought a psp 3000 a year ago and bought a used case with it. When I got home and opened the case it looked like somebody jizzed in it. Needless to say I returned it. Lol

Which is why I don't buy anything used. Just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif