Gaming headset recommendations anyone?

HumanSnatcher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've been going thru reviews for gaming headsets for the past couple weeks or so and can't exactly decide on a specific one. I thought I'd ask my fellow CAGs if they use any and have any recommendations? I don't really care if its wireless or not. The only thing I'd like in one is one that works decently with a PC.

I will say that I keep going back to the Sony Pulse Elite Headset as that doesn't require and extra wires to get in game sound and has the ability to work with a PC very well and can work passively without being charged with mp3 players and such. Anyone here have one...if so whats your thoughts on it? Its pretty much the only one that covers all the bases

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261401

[quote name='bjstucker']The iteration before the one you mention is pretty good and about 40$ cheaper. Same functionality too :)[/QUOTE]

Can't use that model with anything other than a PS3 and PC since it only has Bluetooth functionality. I picked them up for use with my Vita, but learned there are no cables to connect it to"normal devices".

if you don't mind the wires, I've gone through 3 headsets across my systems, an the most comfortable and best sounding is the Siberia V2 from steelseries. So comfy. It has a ps3 version that comes with a longer usb cable to hook it up to the console, but also works on pc, with both the analog options and usb.

Otherwise, my other setup, for the consoles, is the turtlebeach x12 (decent if found for like $40, but almost any headset will work) and the Turtle beach DSS. The headset doesn't matter too much, but the DSS is awesome and creates virtual surround sound in any headset that it is connected to. It's fantastic. And both the x12 and the DSS were half the price of a decent set of real surround sound headsets.

So in conclusion, siberia v2 or the DSS + headset

I use a Astro mix amp and a sennheiser pc360. On my ps3 and Xbox. The mix amp should work on a pc as well. I really dig it.

[quote name='humidore']Can't use that model with anything other than a PS3 and PC since it only has Bluetooth functionality. I picked them up for use with my Vita, but learned there are no cables to connect it to"normal devices".[/QUOTE]

For what he needs which is PC and PS3 it is the same :roll:

[quote name='bjstucker']For what he needs which is PC and PS3 it is the same :roll:[/QUOTE]

He never says he will strictly use it for those two only. Hell, he even mentions mp3 players. Save the eye roll buddy. Everyone its just trying to help him.

I basically Frankenstein'd my set; audio technica hd a700 (i think), DSS amp and a throat Mic. Cost me a hair more than my second choice, the astro a40's but i wanted a really good set of headphones rather than a headset

[quote name='shadowkast']He never says he will strictly use it for those two only. Hell, he even mentions mp3 players. Save the eye roll buddy. Everyone its just trying to help him.

I basically Frankenstein'd my set; audio technica hd a700 (i think), DSS amp and a throat Mic. Cost me a hair more than my second choice, the astro a40's but i wanted a really good set of headphones rather than a headset[/QUOTE]

I did a similar set up at first. I used the mix amp, Denon d2000 and a zalman clip on mic.
It worked well but I wanted to be able to Mute my mic other then unplug it. So i "upgraded" to the pc360

bread's done
Back