Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/14/12 to 10/20/12)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#271 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

If nobody has said it yet, I imagine unless they fixed their system from the last time they did this kind of promo that the system will discount two games to $25 each making it a 2/$50 like the last time. Some people even got lucky and the system prompted their clerk to give them the $50 gc on top of the glitched promotion.

So fingers crossed for the sos to be going on at TRU, boys and girls.

:shock: When was that? And it just rang up as 2/$50? :shock:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#272 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:59 PM

Really? I think last time wasn't a glitch but a miscommunication all together because the ads actually said 2 for $50. (I'm thinking of the fear 3, brink, mortal kombat, black ops 2 for $50 promo). It wasn't until a day or two later that TRU started not honoring the deal and announced it was supposed to be buy 2 for $50.

If you're referring to another promo glitch, then nevermind.

Since I rarely shop at TRU anymore(Fuck you assholes for getting rid of decent clearance and regular drops:bomb:) I may have it confused and it may have happened like you're saying.

Are there no mods here? Why are there dozens of posts by the same guy talking about Best Buy in a thread that's about a Toys R Us deal that would be completely YMMV at Best Buy? Give it a rest.

People are just discussing a deal and wondering if they can PM it at another place. Why have such a coronary over somebody discussing whether or not the deal would be able to be PM'd at BB? Maybe they have credit at BB and don't want to spend cash at TRU to buy the games? Isn't that the whole point of a message board, to discuss things?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#273 ammoun

ammoun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

Haven't heard anything about it but if people where going ape$hit then it wouldn't surprise me though. They may watch for such huge drops in the future but with GC deals & b2g1 the total cost being spent matters the most. One rep said stores are being based on their totla daily revenue generated not taking into accout whether it's profit or not. So I read into that they're looking at what store can get people to spend in general & sorting out the rest later.

Let me know the next time you will be shopping for games, I'll give you some titles to add to the list that would even strengthen your argument when arguing with CS. Thanks

#274 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:09 AM

Getting them to match a b2g1 or an offer like this is YMMV either way but based off the results from CAG's who got them to match the 2 for $60 relatively easy it's very possible even outside of my BB's.

And it's much more likely that they will deduct the amount from the games since it's not easy to "convince" the system to allow a "free" GC which is why they would need to "charge" you for the $50 GC. This changes when BB is offering a GC deal on their own since it's easier to adjust the "free" GC's value when they system is already in place. I've done tons of pm's like this & seen CS get frustrated trying to exact match & then the supervisor just takes the GC value off.

Each BB is different but I'd suggest grabbing the games you want & going direct to CS. The more games you have the better since most managers will look at the total amout you're spending when factoring the pm. When you get there show them the TRU deal & say "I'd rather spend $_____ @ BB vs TRU & I'm a RZ member, GC(specify paid if you are) & RZ silver member."

I'm a beast at getting pm's the way I want them but I use the amount of money that I'm spending in my favor. During the TRU 2 for $60 it was on select titles @ TRU but b/c I came to CS with a stack of titles they made the exception to get all the money then.
These 12 games for $360 +tax(the bolded titles weren't even in the TRU promo but they matched anyways:D)
Sleeping Dogs, Lego Batman 2, Persona 4, Skyrim, Spec OPs, Dragon's Dogma, Ghost Recon FS, Amazing Spider-man, Max Payne 3, Risen 2, Darksiders 2, Transformers Fall of Cybertron.
$26 PSVita resistance burning Skies & $600 in BB pre-paid visa's purchased on 1 transaction. So over $1000 spent but usually $150+ will get it done.

Again, BB is frigid over all things TRU now after the $10 Diablo 3 and Skyrim price matches. But have fun.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#275 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

Again, BB is frigid over all things TRU now after the $10 Diablo 3 and Skyrim price matches. But have fun.

yeah, i agree.

#276 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

so can anyone confirm that you can't use this GC for a week? I still haven't seen a pic of the add that says that

#277 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

so can anyone confirm that you can't use this GC for a week? I still haven't seen a pic of the add that says that

FWIW I was at my TRU an hour ago buying FIFA 13 and NHL 13 and while they didn't know about tomorrow's promotion (Sunday Sale Week) and didn't know about a special promotional gift card with stipulations they told me that if I just asked the cashier to scan a normal promotional gift card at the time of purchase they would do that for me.

Keep in mind I shop there regularly though. I'm sure though if you told them you planned on coming back that week to make more purchases they wouldn't have a problem. YMMV though.

Edit: In the past when making purchases that include Gift Cards TRU has put the balance onto GC's I already had from other purchases; I have done this to circumvent the 6 hour activation rule.

#278 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

Keep in mind I shop there regularly though.

What do you buy there though? I only ever went there for their gaming coupon mag that was free by the registers or when someone mentioned a really good clearance price on something(like the PStwo's people were finding cheap or the $7 copies of the original Uncharted).

I mean, if you have kids I guess I could see going there more frequently. But to me TRU is like the WalMart of toy stores. Everything is MSRP all the time and if there is a good sale it will be messed up somehow, though not always to our advantage.

Posted Image

#279 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:32 AM

FWIW I was at my TRU an hour ago buying FIFA 13 and NHL 13 and while they didn't know about tomorrow's promotion (Sunday Sale Week) and didn't know about a special promotional gift card with stipulations they told me that if I just asked the cashier to scan a normal promotional gift card at the time of purchase they would do that for me.

Keep in mind I shop there regularly though. I'm sure though if you told them you planned on coming back that week to make more purchases they wouldn't have a problem. YMMV though.

Edit: In the past when making purchases that include Gift Cards TRU has put the balance onto GC's I already had from other purchases; I have done this to circumvent the 6 hour activation rule.

so what you are saying, is if i had them scan a normal gift card for this promotion, i can use the gift card right away without waiting 6 hours? because i want to avoid making several trips.

#280 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

What do you buy there though? I only ever went there for their gaming coupon mag that was free by the registers or when someone mentioned a really good clearance price on something(like the PStwo's people were finding cheap or the $7 copies of the original Uncharted).

I mean, if you have kids I guess I could see going there more frequently. But to me TRU is like the WalMart of toy stores. Everything is MSRP all the time and if there is a good sale it will be messed up somehow, though not always to our advantage.

i hate going to my local tru, the employees are lazy, and unhelpful. they literally run away from me, when i tried to ask them a question ,LOL

#281 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

I don't even go there that often anymore to see what their response is when I need help. I think the last time I was there was when they had the $1 t-shirts. I was actually tempted to start going back once they started pennying game guides again. But they take 2-3 years to penny out stuff that BB and GS usually dump out of inventory in less than a year.

Posted Image

#282 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:45 AM

so what you are saying, is if i had them scan a normal gift card for this promotion, i can use the gift card right away without waiting 6 hours? because i want to avoid making several trips.

Yeah it's YMMV though.

You also could have tried buying a standard gift card for $5 and then when you buy the games ask if they could put the Gift card balance on a gift card you already have (i.e. the one you purchased earlier).

Standard TRU gift cards don't expire and don't have a 6hour activiation period. Promotional ones do.

and IATCG; I know you don't buy games at or near release but TRU is always pretty solid in that department and has had $15+ GC on almost all the new releases I was interested in.

They also have a pretty decent clearance selection not just on games but accessories, toys and t-shirts. That and they used to be the go to store for Disney Blu-ray

#283 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

Yeah it's YMMV though.

You also could have tried buying a standard gift card for $5 and then when you buy the games ask if they could put the Gift card balance on a gift card you already have (i.e. the one you purchased earlier).

Standard TRU gift cards don't expire and don't have a 6hour activiation period. Promotional ones do.

and IATCG; I know you don't buy games at or near release but TRU is always pretty solid in that department and has had $15+ GC on almost all the new releases I was interested in.

They also have a pretty decent clearance selection not just on games but accessories, toys and t-shirts. That and they used to be the go to store for Disney Blu-ray

thanks, hey it does not hurt to ask. if it does not work, i just would not get the deal, simple as that.

#284 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I wonder if those Xbox bundles are a drop or a sale?

I wonder the same thing. I just applied for an Amazon Visa recently for the $50 gc too & just got bday money (about $80-90), if it's a permanent drop then there's no rush, but black friday sales would be sweet. I wanted one for $200 last year.... but i worked & I believe best buy was sold out by the time I went to check it out. My friend got his 4 gig from his mom for christmas last year and it was on sale $140 at Target, she works late, I wish I had known they still had them then. I think the star wars design is cool and halo 4 but they're far too expensive, and the difference between kinect or an extra controller. I'd love the gears 3 one, though my friend has it or the mw3 one.

#285 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:57 AM

If they had a trade-in program that was still fully active and didn't make Gamestop look generous by comparison with their tiv's then I probably would spend more there. But I usually don't buy much of anything gaming wise unless it's a clearance item anymore and I rarely spend actual cash on a game. The only exception to that rule will probably be the next GTA game.

Posted Image

#286 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:58 AM

I think it is a price drop just because walmart has had the 4GB kinect and 250GB holiday bundle at $249.99 for a few weeks

or trying to compete with walmart, or walmart wanted to get a jump start.

#287 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

I have the paper ad. I can confirm it as well.

update: ad is now up on toysrus.com, here is the screencap of the deal and fine print:
Posted Image

Edited by LouieT, 14 October 2012 - 04:01 AM.

#288 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:49 AM

Does BB B2G1 used stack with the $10 off $29+ used @Gamer coupon?

#289 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Does BB B2G1 used stack with the $10 off $29+ used @Gamer coupon?

Negative.

#290 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

I'm hoping they have the $50 gift card by purchasing the AC:L Vita Bundle XD

#291 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

Negative.

Sonofa b.

Thanks for the reply

#292 superxgaga

superxgaga

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Negative.

its YMMV
i used the $5 coupon for 9.99-19.99 from magazine during September on top of a b2g1f

#293 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

I don't even go there that often anymore to see what their response is when I need help. I think the last time I was there was when they had the $1 t-shirts. I was actually tempted to start going back once they started pennying game guides again. But they take 2-3 years to penny out stuff that BB and GS usually dump out of inventory in less than a year.

How would you even get a hold of those strategy guides or anything else that's been pennied out, though? I asked a BB employee that I know about this (he's actually pretty cool... hooked me up with some great deals). But all he could say was that they're not allowed to sell those items. The inventory is literally supposed to get thrown out!

I'm guessing that store employees who have ebay/Amazon stores or something probably take them home to sell online. But I'd love to hear from anyone who were able to purchase these guides or other items for literally pennies.

#294 zyk

zyk

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Well apparently my Best Buy has updated their Pre-owned selection so I'll have to go take a look. Thanks for the info!

#295 merobb

merobb

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

80 for Rocksmith? wth?

It's being re-released with the newly added bass content.

#296 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

:360: Sniper Elite V2 $39.99
:ps3: Sniper Elite V2 $39.99
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#297 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

ad also says 1 card per guest... Are they strict about that?

If people successfully pm to bestbuy let us know

#298 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

I might buy two copies of Dishonored and trade one into Best Buy for 43.00 (to use towards Halo 4).

seanr1221.png

#299 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

I might buy two copies of Dishonored and trade one into Best Buy for 43.00 (to use towards Halo 4).

Looks like the tiv is $27 and with bonus 50% and if your a GCU extra 10%, i guess your right. But is it worth spending $17+ tax for that tiv and a 50 gc u may or may not use?

#300 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Wasn't sure if I should start a thread as it not really a hot deal per say but it is official Best Buy will start price matching amazon and a undisclosed list of 20 online retailers. (not valid week of bf through cyber Monday). The deal itself is full of holes and exclusions ie not bf week, And only "if it makes sense" which pretty much makes it useless since they can shoot down any pm for any reason. But it might help someone save a few bucks. If people think this deserves a thread I will start one but with exclusions I felt it wasn't really a hot deal.

Here is one link with info or you can go to the interwebs for more info

http://blogs.wsj.com...h/?mod=yahoo_hs

'Tis the job of this website to figure out what the complete list of 20 online retailers that BB will price match with in the next two weeks flat or CAG has let us all down. Anyone game for creating a wiki thread to get this started? I would but I'm feeling too lazy this morning...