Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/14/12 to 10/20/12)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#331 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

The unwritten rules :-$

#332 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

For those of you who have gift cards to burn there is a glitch on toysrus.com right now where the Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles are 25% off once you add them to your cart. It's a glitch because the promo is supposed to work on toys and video games and hardware are always excluded from these type of promos.

Both units are currently backordered but you can still checkout.

#333 FRAUD_WHATS_THAT

FRAUD_WHATS_THAT

Oblivion-I'm rich glitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:31 PM

it may not work but if you check in with FourSquare app or maybe facebook? you get a 20% coupon off purchases of $100 or more, will be sending the wife to return the skylanders & borderlands tomorrow and see if it works with the coupon too.. worth a shot... i'm sure most clerks will shoot it down but some might not and the system will probably accept it too?

edit...I'm looking at the coupon, video games probably are excluded but hey?
Posted ImageMods are like opinions, everyone has one...

Posted Image

#334 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

it may not work but if you check in with FourSquare app or maybe facebook? you get a 20% coupon off purchases of $100 or more, will be sending the wife to return the skylanders & borderlands tomorrow and see if it works with the coupon too.. worth a shot... i'm sure most clerks will shoot it down but some might not and the system will probably accept it too?

edit...I'm looking at the coupon, video games probably are excluded but hey?

well, it can't hurt to try. i mean what is the worst that is going to happen? i mean they are not going to arrest you or anything, lol

#335 wilkix

wilkix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:58 PM

Thanks OP. Considering RE6 and Borderlands 2

#336 ammoun

ammoun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Got a price match at Best Buy with no problems (king of Prussia, PA).

Got two Dishonoreds and I'll be trading one in tomorrow for 43.00.

What did you show them please?

#337 themixmaster

themixmaster

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

I stopped by Kmart today and purchased a purple 3DS. Received the $5 AWARD card, valid now, the $35 gaming coupon, valid 10/21-12/08/12, and another coupon for 7,000 free SWYR points ($7.00) for purchases over $35, good until 10/28/12. So basically, if I go back and use the gaming coupon between 10/21-28, I get an additional $7 on the purchase of a free 3DS game.

I did check clearance, but it was pitiful, and it was just the same lot of games that was shelved when KmartGamer was conductor of the coupon train.

#338 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, I went and got God of War Origins w/Red Controller bundle for $32.75 and new Super Mario Bros. Used a Coupon for Bonus 6,000 points when spending more than 60 bucks and got the Award card for $5 and a new Spend $50 get $10 in points coupon. They seem to give variations of that coupon with everything nowadays. I have like 25 bucks in SYWR points from just 3 transactions

So it appears the %25 off clearance promo is working without any overrides/adjustments

#339 dr0ppinL0adz

dr0ppinL0adz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Off-topic here, but is it possible to PM multiple items at one time at BB?

Yes, I've done it plenty of times

#340 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

What did you show them please?

My word :p. I just told them and they said ok.

#341 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:59 AM

I didn't see anything VG related today, even clearance, but I got a few other things. They recently gave me 5000 SYWR points to use this weekend. Stacked that with a 10000 bonus points on $45 purchase and $5 award card with $50 purchase. Got $60 worth of stuff for $55, plus a $5 award card, and $10 in points to get back to my account. Good deal overall. Might try to stack this with a new release VG one of these days.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#342 ammoun

ammoun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:34 AM

My word :p. I just told them and they said ok.

And asking for a PM to preorders is too good to be true right?

#343 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

Explain please

All I meant was games don't ring up like they should with these clearance deals. Remember when Kmart had the B1G1 for 50% or something. After I realized it wasn't rang up properly, I called and complained. They sent me a $10 gift card for the mixup. Ended up working out where my games became free. That's always the best feeling.

#344 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:39 AM

You sure the XL is too big for her hands? My 7 year old has an XL(did the upgrade from GS) and she never looked back. She loved the 3DS but once she saw the double size screen, the 3DS looked less like a game system and more like a cheap toy. No problem holding it either

My 5 yr old hasnt complained about the XL either. And he seems to like the bigger screen especially for Netflix.

#345 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

360 deal good not that great considering we are close to BF and this was going price last year for deals during holidays. And this isn't the holiday bundle with 2 games (really 1 extra game.)

But I could use a 360 as an extender and have a $40 gamer coupon that needs to be spent.

And there has been sht at Kmart that I want to spend it on.

#346 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

You read it wrong. its $17 PLUS tax..whatever that is for him

Ok got ya

What did they do take $25 off each game $70 + tax total or deduct the $50 & charge you for the $50 GC? Not sure what area you're in daily but the King of Prussia BB is my goto one for any TRU pm's all the guy managers can be swayed by total amount being spent & the gaming guys will try for you too. There's a guy with a beard he's the best.

Oxford Valley is great too the main gaming guy there will really work with you. He can even pay off your entire pre-order at checkout & for deals like the X-Com $15 GC which was only avail online. He'd mark the offer on your pre-order receipt to either deduct the $15 from $60 and/or "charge" you for the $15 GC. Montgomeryville is good too but they will call GS/TRU to confirm stock if you gotta CS for matches. Willow Grove is my home store but there's one older lady manager who doesn't really budge but all the other reps are great. Plymouth Meeting is really good too CS top notch but some of the reps will call to confirm stock usually the females but the 3 guys I know they go by the stores website.

#347 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 March 2010 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image Best Buy continues their buy 2, get 1 free sale on used games sale. Save $50 on new Xbox 360 Holiday bundles.

Posted Image GameStop discounts The Sims 3 and Need for Speed: The Run to $19.99 each and Soul Calibur V to $29.99.

Posted Image Kmart offers a $50 gaming coupon with the purchase of an Xbox 360 4GB Kinect system and a $35 gaming coupon with the purchase of a Nintendo 3DS. Buy any PS Vita and get Modnation Racers free.

Posted Image Target also advertises the $50 discount on new Xbox 360 Holiday bundles.

Posted Image Toys R Us promotes Buy any two $59.99 or more PS3 or Xbox 360 games and receive a $50 gift card. Buy 1 game at $19.99 or less and get 40% off another $19.99 or less game.

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks,mossfan563 - See post here

Posted Image 50% Bonus Trade-In Credit on ANY Game
Posted Image Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Pre-Owned Games

:360: Save $50 on the Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles + 50% off 3-month sub to Xbox Live Gold
Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle (was $299.99) - $249.99
-comes with Kinect Sensor, Kinect Adventures! and Disneyland Adventures

Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle (was $399.99) - $349.99
-comes with Kinect Sensor, Kinect Adventures!, Kinect Sports and token to download Dance Central 2

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle (was $299.99) - $249.99
-comes with Forza 4 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

GameStop (Ad)
Thanks, cancerman1120 - See post here

Valid until 10/16

:360::ps3: Soul Calibur V $29.99
:360::ps3: The Sims 3 $19.99
:360::ps3: Need for Speed: The Run $19.99

30% TIV Credit towards Dishonored or Just Dance 4

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, JP73 - See post here

:360: XBOX 360 4GB with Kinect $249 + $50 Gaming Coupon with purchase

:3ds: Buy a Nintendo 3DS for $169 and get a $35 Gaming Coupon

:psp: Buy any PS Vita and get Modnation Racers free

:ds: Save $5 on featured DS games ( New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart DS, and Pokemon Black and White 2 pictured at $29.99 each)

25% off All Clearance games and accessories

Also, SYWR members get a $5 Award card with any purchase of $50 or more, which would stack with any of the aforementioned deals.

Target (Ad)
Thanks, mossfan563 - See post here

:360: Save $50 on the Xbox 360 Holiday Bundles + 50% off 3-month sub to Xbox Live Gold
Xbox 360 4GB Kinect Holiday Bundle (was $299.99) - $249.99
-comes with Kinect Sensor, Kinect Adventures! and Disneyland Adventures

Xbox 360 250GB Kinect Holiday Bundle (was $399.99) - $349.99
-comes with Kinect Sensor, Kinect Adventures!, Kinect Sports and token to download Dance Central 2

Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Bundle (was $299.99) - $249.99
-comes with Forza 4 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, AJVtony831 - See post here

:360::ps3: Buy any two $59.99 or more PS3 or Xbox 360 games and receive a $50 gift card
Posted Image Buy 1 game at $19.99 or less and get 40% off another $19.99 or less game
:360: Buy an Xbox 360 4GB Kinect & wireless controller, get a $20 gift card
:360: Buy an Xbox 360 4GB Kinect, get 50% a 3 month XBL subscription

Edited by CheapyD, 16 October 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#348 malunewyorker

malunewyorker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

not sure if anyone commented this already, but it's not a 100% trade in credit it's 50% now.

#349 GuyManDude

GuyManDude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Haven't rifled through each page, but the combined trade-in-value of Skyrim and Forza 4 at Best Buy is $55.50 w/ trade bonus.

So for people looking for a replacement Xbox (or no interest in those games), you can get a 250GB 360 for $250 + $55 GC (so essentially $200). Not bad.

#350 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

The copy of Skyrim that comes with the Holiday Bundle is a redeemable code for the downloadable version. You can't trade it in.

Additionally, the copy of Forza 4 in there is a 1-disc "essentials" edition. Forza 4 for tradein isn't listed specifically as 2-disc, but you might run into problems there.

#351 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Does best buy actually show 100% trade? Online it says 50%

#352 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I went yesterday and it was 50 plus 10 if you had that gamers unlocked membership.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#353 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:30 PM

What did you say to get them to do it? They acted like I was an idiot for asking

#354 thedream77

thedream77

Monster>Red Bull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

Ok, I have about $250 of BBY credit, so I went to BBY to see if they would match the TRU b2gc50 deal. My expectation for success was between 0%-1%, my BBY always rejects matching deals like this, especially like this. I think going in with ZERO expectations helped, I was prepared to peacefully walk away once they denied my request.

So, I go back to the game area first, they have a new guy back there that doesn't know anything. He tells me to forget it based on some BS logic that made no sense. As I'm walking out, I see the girl at the customer service desk with NO line. I figure I'll ask her the same question. Amazingly, she says "let me talk to my manager". She has a conversation with her Mgr a few feet away, he walks over, here comes the hammer of price match rejection. More amazingly he says, "we really don't match offers like this, but we'll do it in this case". I'm standing there speechless, an unprecedented favorable event in my long history of BBY price match requests.

To wrap this up, I go back to gaming again, ignoring the guy that rebuffed me with extreme prejudice. I find Persona 4 Arena & Xcom EU, 2 games my TRU will NEVER carry. The Mgr back at customer service doesn't even worry about calling TRU to confirm stock, he just rechecks the add which says "any two $59.99 games". Instead of taking $50 off, he charges the full $120 and actually gives me a BBY $50 GC. In effect, I net the 2 games for $70+tax using gift cards and certs ($120 in gc/certs go out, $50 gc comes in). Thank you BBY, you've been awesome lately.

Obviously, this is a YMMV situation, but I can confirm one BBY location matched the TRU deal to the letter.

Edited by thedream77, 15 October 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#355 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'd like to go check out my KMart for clearance but 1 - the games are never priced correctly and 2 - often times it's nearly impossible to tell which games are actually on clearance since many which should be aren't even stickered as such.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#356 Stewchu

Stewchu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

somebody needs to fix the 100% TIV at best buy. Drove all the way there to find out it was only 50%.

Booo

#357 ammoun

ammoun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

Ok, I have about $250 of BBY credit, so I went to BBY to see if they would match the TRU b2gc50 deal. My expectation for success was between 0%-1%, my BBY always rejects matching deals like this, especially like this. I think going in with ZERO expectations helped, I was prepared to peacefully walk away once they denied my request.

So, I go back to the game area first, they have a new guy back there that doesn't know anything. He tells me to forget it based on some BS logic that made no sense. As I'm walking out, I see the girl at the customer service desk with NO line. I figure I'll ask her the same question. Amazingly, she says "let me talk to my manager". She has a conversation with her Mgr a few feet away, he walks over, here comes the hammer of price match rejection. More amazingly he says, "we really don't match offers like this, but we'll do it in this case". I'm standing there speechless, an unprecedented favorable event in my long history of BBY price match requests.

To wrap this up, I go back to gaming again, ignoring the guy that rebuffed me with extreme prejudice. I find Persona 4 Arena & Xcom EU, 2 games my TRU will NEVER carry. The Mgr back at customer service doesn't even worry about calling TRU to confirm stock, he just rechecks the add which says "any two $59.99 games". Instead of taking $50 off, he charges the full $120 and actually gives me a BBY $50 GC. In effect, I net the 2 games for $70+tax using gift cards and certs ($120 in gc/certs go out, $50 gc comes in). Thank you BBY, you've been awesome lately.

Obviously, this is a YMMV situation, but I can confirm one BBY location matched the TRU deal to the letter.

I can pay you if you go back and buy me two games and ship them along with gift card and best of all you use the credits you have left. Trust can be discussed.

#358 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

Ok got ya

What did they do take $25 off each game $70 + tax total or deduct the $50 & charge you for the $50 GC? Not sure what area you're in daily but the King of Prussia BB is my goto one for any TRU pm's all the guy managers can be swayed by total amount being spent & the gaming guys will try for you too. There's a guy with a beard he's the best.

Oxford Valley is great too the main gaming guy there will really work with you. He can even pay off your entire pre-order at checkout & for deals like the X-Com $15 GC which was only avail online. He'd mark the offer on your pre-order receipt to either deduct the $15 from $60 and/or "charge" you for the $15 GC. Montgomeryville is good too but they will call GS/TRU to confirm stock if you gotta CS for matches. Willow Grove is my home store but there's one older lady manager who doesn't really budge but all the other reps are great. Plymouth Meeting is really good too CS top notch but some of the reps will call to confirm stock usually the females but the 3 guys I know they go by the stores website.

One game was 59.99, the other 9.99, then the 50.00 gift card.

#359 ammoun

ammoun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

One game was 59.99, the other 9.99, then the 50.00 gift card.

I got rejected today in Harrisburg! Maybe it's worth the drive to Philly :D

#360 PyrosMagus

PyrosMagus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this (I mainly lurk), Best Buy has begun their price matching to online retailers. I had to call to verify start date, but it is live. I wanted to help get the word out in case no one else mentioned it.
http://www.huffingto..._n_1962124.html
When all else Fails...Fresh tactics.