Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (10/14/12 to 10/20/12)

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#181 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

what in the hell is a skylander card? and what is difference between that and a regular gift card?

A gift card with a picture of Skylanders on it. A regular gift card is any normal gift card.

#182 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

A gift card with a picture of Skylanders on it. A regular gift card is any normal gift card.

just another question, what exactly is the tru's return policy on in store purchase for video games? their website it says 45 days, so how accurate is that?

#183 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

just another question, what exactly is the tru's return policy on in store purchase for video games? their website it says 45 days, so how accurate is that?

45 days in store also, but they usually do have a lax return policy during the holidays. Depending on the store of course.

#184 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

45 days in store also, but they usually do have a lax return policy during the holidays. Depending on the store of course.

do they refund you in the original form of payment, for example if i pay with cash, they refund with cash and etc? thanks again for the reply. i have never shopped at tru before, lol

#185 prim4444

prim4444

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

If I remember what I saw right, 10/21 is buy one get one 40% off all games and 10/28 is the big book launch.

I hope you are right.

That he is.

do they refund you in the original form of payment, for example if i pay with cash, they refund with cash and etc? thanks again for the reply. i have never shopped at tru before, lol

Credit card goes back to credit card. Gift card - gift card. Debit, cash and checks(after 7 days), you get cash back.

#186 Josh5890

Josh5890

For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:18 PM

I'm just waiting for a B2G1 deal. Otherwise nothing until BF for me

I need a new signature.

#187 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

ITT: Flawed logic. 60>50 every time. Done.

#188 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

ITT: Flawed logic. 60>50 every time. Done.

lol flawed logic. Oh the irony.

#189 iham32

iham32

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

Thinking of picking up 4 games and using the $100 on Christmas gifts.

So 4 games + $100 worth of gifts for $240 plus tax.

#190 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

$50 Price Match! Thanks op!

I ended up picking up the Holiday Bundle a week ago due to my "original" 360 (well...free replacement 3x via Microsoft) finally starting to die. I am already selling my Skyrim download (don't know what to do with Forza 4 Essentials Edition) so this should get me to around $220 (still not fantastic - but it's getting better).

#191 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

Has anyone seen if TRU carries XCOM?
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#192 mblackwl

mblackwl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

were in the countdown to black friday(about 6 weeks) so true "deals" overall will be slim. The only thing I'd expect really would be a b2g1 from someplace & the usual $40 sale prices. lus for BB most of the top tier titles already have the best deal to them.

Except in the past few years, the retail stores have started to do "pre-BF" sales in an effort to grab folks' money prior to black friday. I'd expect for sales to start rolling in around the start of November or so.

#193 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Why is Sunday better than other days for the B2G1 deal?

Trade-in deals ending at GS.

#194 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

Straight up this deal sucks. It gets much better if it's rolling. Plain and simple. Plan accordingly or not at all.

Let's talk place holders.
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#195 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Anyone know if its easy to transfer data from a classic 360 20gb hard drive to one of the new hard drives? I've had a broken 360 for about a year now (hard drive is fine). I might be interested in one of the holiday bundles if I can transfer my saves and stuff over...

#196 aardarf

aardarf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

80 for Rocksmith? wth?

#197 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:03 AM

lol flawed logic. Oh the irony.

This coming from the star of Irony-ception. Guys, you'll come out ahead with this deal if you buy 12 or more games and chain the gift cards by coming back to TRU every six hours. Just remember all that extra tax you'll pay and don't forget to spend your 'promo' gift card within 90 days on all of that sweet over-MSRP TRU merchandise while you're fighting the holiday soccer moms. And if you like wii or portable games or even games not priced at $60, screw off. Clearly, this is superior to b2g1.

#198 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

Someone earlier in the thread said they don't and online they still show it as preorder, so I doubt it.

#199 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

This coming from the star of Irony-ception. Guys, you'll come out ahead with this deal if you buy 12 or more games and chain the gift cards by coming back to TRU every six hours. Just remember all that extra tax you'll pay and don't forget to spend your 'promo' gift card within 90 days on all of that sweet over-MSRP TRU merchandise while you're fighting the holiday soccer moms. And if you like wii or portable games or even games not priced at $60, screw off. Clearly, this is superior to b2g1.

You don't get it. You come out ahead after 4 games if you factor in the gift card and if you plan everything out you only need to make 2 even purchases.... if you want 6 games buy 4 and then 2; if you want 8 buy four and then four.

Also as far as B&M stores go TRU has had some of the best prices on value games and clearance titles and is the most consisent next to Kmart with offering GC's on new released titles.

And as far as future promotions you can use your $50 GC in the last 90 days they have had Buy 2 at $60 on new release games (Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders, etc) and this week have 2 for $70 on newly released sports titles (FIFA, NHL, NCAA, Madden).

That $50 is more valuable because you don't have to get a third game just cause.... you can wait and apply it towards a future promotion and add more value to the deal.

#200 Defunkled

Defunkled

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

I saw both the 360 and PS3 versions at my local TRU.

#201 Dev518

Dev518

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

We should probably expect meh deals for at least another month.

#202 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

You don't get it. You come out ahead after 4 games if you factor in the gift card and if you plan everything out you only need to make 2 even purchases.... if you want 6 games buy 4 and then 2; if you want 8 buy four and then four.

Also as far as B&M stores go TRU has had some of the best prices on value games and clearance titles and is the most consisent next to Kmart with offering GC's on new released titles.

And as far as future promotions you can use your $50 GC in the last 90 days they have had Buy 2 at $60 on new release games (Sleeping Dogs, Darksiders, etc) and this week have 2 for $70 on newly released sports titles (FIFA, NHL, NCAA, Madden).

That $50 is more valuable because you don't have to get a third game just cause.... you can wait and apply it towards a future promotion and add more value to the deal.

We're gonna have to disagree on some things. This year, I'd say BBY has the most consistent deals on new releases. And like with stocks, past performances does not guarantee future results with regard to the sales. Sometimes, TRU likes to do weird things with some of their new releases like throwing in the strategy guide or a t-shirt instead of a gift card. And then there's just all the games that don't qualify for this deal, that would normally qualify under a b2g1. This sale is comparable, but I wouldn't say better, far from it.

#203 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

Straight up this deal sucks. It gets much better if it's rolling. Plain and simple. Plan accordingly or not at all.

Let's talk place holders.

Hitman: Absolution
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
Assassin's Creed III
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Halo 4
Medal of Honor: Warfighter
WWE '13
Zone of the Enders HD
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame:

#204 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Clearly, this is superior to b2g1.

Clearly, you're talking out of your ass. At what point did I lose you while repeatedly pointing out my example of 6 vs. 6 games was merely to illustrate the deals because people keep getting so confused on the "3 games versus 2 games" argument? I even said it wasn't a practical solution - just merely trying to point out how people were wrong to imply this deal was worse than the B2G1. Still, nobody has been able to prove how the $20 per title savings is better than the $25 GC.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#205 247

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Confirmed, this deal is terrible. Bring back b2g1 with place holders.

#206 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Confirmed, this deal is terrible. Bring back b2g1 with place holders.

Yeah because all of one retailer (Best Buy) will allow that. TRU and Target prorate the value of the free game against all three copies so if your plan was to take a $60 game and have a $40 place holder more power to you...

#207 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

Simple really, do you rather get a $60 msrp game or $50 GC. If you put the $50 GC toward a $60 game of course that would come out worse since you need to pay $10 more. But you don't need to get another $60 game, save it for another deal and its as good as $50 cash. Unless you can turn the $60 msrp game into $50 cash (I don't see how), the $50 GC deal is better

#208 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

I'm still waiting to use my buy 2, get 1 free on new games I got from the Gamers Unlocked welcome package. Expires next month a couple of weeks before black friday.

yep, they didn't allow them to be active during BF like they did last yr.

Except in the past few years, the retail stores have started to do "pre-BF" sales in an effort to grab folks' money prior to black friday. I'd expect for sales to start rolling in around the start of November or so.

On $60 games what can they really do? If you're a GC & GCU member there's already been tons of $10-$20 games most of which will be better than BF anyways. The current top tier titles aren't going any cheaper than $35 before BF so $40($37 @ Target) will be the best I could see realistically. On systems the GC deals will be the best on BF & since GS is giving 100% now I'd move older systems to them & rebuy later. $46 for a PSP & $140 for a vita is nice hopefully I'll be able to get the AC vita bundle for $200 or with at least $75 in credit.

#209 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'm kinda new at this. What are the chances that the 250 Kinect bundle would be $200-$250 on BF?

#210 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

I swore I'd never go back there after getting very crappy customer service earlier this year, but with XCom and Dishonored both out and getting strong reviews, I'm tempted.

Ah, hell with it. Backlog will be too enormous by mid-November. I'll wait.