Best Buy FREE Assassin's Creed III (3) Season Pass YMMV

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

You're probably supposed to input an email or something, if you used reward zone on the free purchase you'll probably get an email on or a bit later than release. Mine had them but didn't have a price on the peg, the card itself says $24.99 recommended msrp in the top right corner, so I'd probably have been charged that.

#92 Pixie Stix 88

Pixie Stix 88

Will Game 4 $$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Saw the cards at my BB yesterday. It was just a 2400 point card for $30, branded with AC3 Season Pass.

Its a points for to buy the Season pass. $29.99. I checked it out personally since i work at Best Buy.

IF you did get one and it wasn't activated by the register its just a piece of plastic.

Not to mention Best Buy never puts "Free" its 0.00. The BB that did that was retarded.

#93 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

mine is activated but I didn't use my reward card on it and theres no scratch off code either, just looks like a piece of plastic lol and there was a few cards left and it did say free and it did ring up 0.00 at first and then it changed to 24.99 and then back to 0.00 lol man this is so weird
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#94 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Guys it because the actual SKU is worth $0.00 until it is scanned at the register and activates when they total it out and then prints the code on receipt. The cards dont have secial numbers on them. Mystery solved! same thing with the Diablo 3, starcraft, and Mop dl cards

#95 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

Saw the cards at my BB yesterday. It was just a 2400 point card for $30, branded with AC3 Season Pass.

Its a points for to buy the Season pass. $29.99. I checked it out personally since i work at Best Buy.

IF you did get one and it wasn't activated by the register its just a piece of plastic.

Not to mention Best Buy never puts "Free" its 0.00. The BB that did that was retarded.

Really? I've never seen $0.00, that right there is retarded. I have seen FREE though, behind customer service they've had free shit on the wall

#96 argyle

argyle

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

I had seen this thread earlier this week when nothing was known about the "deal" and had promptly forgotten it, until I was at BB today to pick up a couple of PSN cards. I saw them hanging there w/ the "FREE" tag, so I grabbed one. Was perfectly honest with the guy - said I was only interested because the tag said FREE, if it wasn't I didn't want it. He acted like as far as he knew it was free, punched around a bit & finally got it to go through but like others have said, no code on the card or receipt.

I suppose if there's no code I'm not out anything, but maybe what someone else said is true & they'll email it when the game releases (he did get my RZ info). *shrug* We'll see.

EDIT: Just found this on the BB website:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Assassin's-Creed-3-Season-Pass---PS3-%5BDigital-Download-Add-On%5D/1000002984.p?id=1000002983&skuId=1000002984

Delivery: Pre-order now. Token code e-mailed on Release date: 10/30/2012

So maybe! :)

Edited by argyle, 17 October 2012 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image

#97 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

I stopped by a further off BB earlier today and they had the cards sitting on the back part of the game trade-in desk still sealed in their package. I asked the one clerk about them and he said they 'weren't working right yet'.

So that was the end of that.:-#

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#98 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:48 AM

I had seen this thread earlier this week when nothing was known about the "deal" and had promptly forgotten it, until I was at BB today to pick up a couple of PSN cards. I saw them hanging there w/ the "FREE" tag, so I grabbed one. Was perfectly honest with the guy - said I was only interested because the tag said FREE, if it wasn't I didn't want it. He acted like as far as he knew it was free, punched around a bit & finally got it to go through but like others have said, no code on the card or receipt.

I suppose if there's no code I'm not out anything, but maybe what someone else said is true & they'll email it when the game releases (he did get my RZ info). *shrug* We'll see.

EDIT: Just found this on the BB website:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Assassin's-Creed-3-Season-Pass---PS3-%5BDigital-Download-Add-On%5D/1000002984.p?id=1000002983&skuId=1000002984

So maybe! :)

Link doesn't work.
Posted Image

#99 argyle

argyle

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:54 AM

Link doesn't work.

Then go to their website & search for it. :roll:
Posted Image