GameFly October 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#271 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

weird. mods deleted my op and replaced it. oh well, this is a better one anyway. just never saw that before.

#272 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

My order of ME3 and Gears 3 havent shipped yet. I ordered really early on, a few hours after this deal was posted.

I have the mass effect trilogy now, but have only played the first.
I also have the gears trilogy now. Playing through the second right now, I like it a lot better than the first one, hoping gears 3 is more like gears 2 than one.

And, curse you gamefly. I guess $20 wasnt enough of my money? I just bought Batman Arkham City. I loved the first one and have been waiting for a deal, thought Id wait for it to hit $10, but I actually dont recall arkham asylum ever hitting $10 so I jumped on it. And Ill get the batwoman DLC free.

#273 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

My order of ME3 and Gears 3 havent shipped yet. I ordered really early on, a few hours after this deal was posted.

I have the mass effect trilogy now, but have only played the first.
I also have the gears trilogy now. Playing through the second right now, I like it a lot better than the first one, hoping gears 3 is more like gears 2 than one.

And, curse you gamefly. I guess $20 wasnt enough of my money? I just bought Batman Arkham City. I loved the first one and have been waiting for a deal, thought Id wait for it to hit $10, but I actually dont recall arkham asylum ever hitting $10 so I jumped on it. And Ill get the batwoman DLC free.

Catwoman not batwoman :)
Maybe you will get the Robin DLC? Or was that BBY exclusive? Last time for the $10 AC crazed I could not for the love of science find one with Robin DLC.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#274 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Tempted to go back and get the SSX and Spiderman game for $10 but don't need two more games I won't get around to until 2013.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#275 reko8

reko8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I think it's an OCD tendency, but obviously not a sign of full-blown Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I prefer to have nice cases for all my games, but won't hesitate to get a generic case for a better price, since the game is what matters. I'm actually more OCD about the order of games on my shelves, it bugs me when I have a game out of alphabetically order.

To answer the actual question, generally Gamefly gets games right away when they are new, so they don't get Platinum Hits versions of the game. But with Prototype being such an old game, they might have restocked if they experienced an increase in requests for the game, and therefore it is possible that Prototype might be Platinum Hits. I ordered it, I can report back if I got a platinum hits version if you would like, if I get it in time.

I don't have full blown OCD, but when it comes to my game collection, I don't really like the Platinum hits etc. because the cases/sleeves make the artwork look terrible. Everything that's included with the game doesn't have to be perfect. I just hate that look of a Platinum hits game next to non-Platinum hits games.

You don't have to report in if it's Platinum Hits, but thanks for the offer. The deal will most likely be over by then. It's just a risk I'll have to take.

#276 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

weird. mods deleted my op and replaced it. oh well, this is a better one anyway. just never saw that before.

Cheapy mentioned that he may or may not have accidentally deleted it here. Usually he just edits the OP with all the links so CAG can get the referral credit, he probably just clicked the wrong thing and deleted your post on accident.

Anyways, I remember it was you who originally posted, and very much appreciated, I got everything I wanted.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#277 rufusjenkins

rufusjenkins

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Will the games on sale changelike the daily sales, or is this it?

#278 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is the monthly sale, they don't change daily. The sale lasts until 10/22.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#279 odd mr t

odd mr t

Dangahh Zone!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Personally, I thought Gears 3 was the best of the three. It seemed to have a better mix of environments and options. Gears 1 was good, but a bit stiff, 2 improved on that, and three improved on it more. Needless to say, if you liked the first two, you should like the third.
Posted Image

#280 ChuckVsWorld

ChuckVsWorld

aCAGdemic Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

Personally, I thought Gears 3 was the best of the three. It seemed to have a better mix of environments and options. Gears 1 was good, but a bit stiff, 2 improved on that, and three improved on it more. Needless to say, if you liked the first two, you should like the third.

I had some major Gears fatigue playing the first few hours of the third game. Luckily, as the story picked up, I was able to shake it off. Parts of the style choice get old after a while, but it's still a solid series. Gears 3 is no slouch.

#281 gamer4201

gamer4201

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Any idea of if some of these titles will come back in stock? Really like to pick up L.A. Noire but its out of stock.....

#282 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Good to hear. Such a great deal, AAA game for $10

Im new to these gamefly sales, picked up AC Revelations about a month back for $10. Seems like gamefly pretty reliably puts good titles at $15 and less.

#283 Da_man24

Da_man24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:36 PM

I ended up buying Max Payne 3 and Batman Arkham City. This should be my last purchases I make till Black Friday.

#284 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Seems like gamefly pretty reliably puts good titles at $15 and less.

Understatement of the year. GF sales reliably rock. Let's hope they never change unless that means even lower prices.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#285 shortyman920

shortyman920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Gamefly used sales are the best. They come in like new condition and come with online codes. Prices are insane, can't ask for anything better. Got Uncharted 3 and Resistance 3 :).

#286 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

chipped discs FTL
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#287 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

chipped discs FTL

that sucks. ive never had a prob with gamefly. not yet at least...

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#288 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

chipped discs FTL

Should have known. Never takes long.

#289 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Took longer than I expected, honestly.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 9/2/2014   DragonCon 2014 Cosplay      |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#290 rly723

rly723

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

arent chipped discs still useable? based on the price you know youre buying used so more than likely some wont get a perfect,, mint condition disc.

im tempted to get mlb 12 at $20, since more than likely it wont drop a couple bucks lower until a couple more months december/january...so i'll get to play it earlier. might get nba 2k12 ps3/ssx ps3 if they go back in stock

ive never played the mass effect series but seems very time consuming, tempted to get ME3 since ive heard good reviews.

gamefly is clearing their inventory for newer versions of games and expected influx of more games in holiday season. turning old games into profit smart move by them. i havent bought a full price game in years. unless i really want a game i'll wait for the $30-40 price point on recently released games when amazon has their sales or i'll wait till gamefly monthly sales

#291 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

arent chipped discs still useable? based on the price you know youre buying used so more than likely some wont get a perfect,, mint condition disc.

im tempted to get mlb 12 at $20, since more than likely it wont drop a couple bucks lower until a couple more months december/january...so i'll get to play it earlier. might get nba 2k12 ps3/ssx ps3 if they go back in stock

ive never played the mass effect series but seems very time consuming, tempted to get ME3 since ive heard good reviews.

gamefly is clearing their inventory for newer versions of games and expected influx of more games in holiday season. turning old games into profit smart move by them. i havent bought a full price game in years. unless i really want a game i'll wait for the $30-40 price point on recently released games when amazon has their sales or i'll wait till gamefly monthly sales

Same. I have over 40 360 games, my most expensive purchase was Fallout NV at $20, and now arkham city at $15. No sports games to exaggerate the numbers either.

But yardsailing recently I found MW2 and 2x ps3 controllers. Bought for $8 total. Traded in towards a preorder of black ops 2.. my first ever pre order and full priced game Ive bought since I was like 10. (but with my trade in its not really full price for me)

#292 TheEliminator62

TheEliminator62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

Awesome picked up Uncharted again and finally gonna try Arkham City

#293 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Anyone who ordered armer core 5 and ridge racer for ps3 yesterday got shipped? I am so afraid gamefly will cancel my order...

#294 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Anyone who ordered armer core 5 and ridge racer for ps3 yesterday got shipped? I am so afraid gamefly will cancel my order...

My :ps3: AC5 shipped out earlier today. I'd wait another day or so before getting worried.

#295 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:03 PM

My games have shipped. Maybe I'm lucky or I don't pay attention but I've bought at least 25+ used games from them over the years and not once has there ever been a problem with a game being chipped (and as long as they work then who really cares?).

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#296 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Thanks OP. In for SF X Tek once I get paid. Never ordered anything from GameFly before either.

#297 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Tempted by Crysis 2, Rage, and Amalur....

#298 Octob3rNotic3

Octob3rNotic3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

How often do they restock?
I got the email while I was at work the other day and by the time I got home everything I wanted is sold out -_-

I'm in for Kingdoms of amalur and mass effect 3 on 360 and uncharted 3 and SSX for ps3

#299 rly723

rly723

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

my orders of ps3 uncharted 3/wwe 12 just shipped, but its coming from pennsylvania to california so it will likely take a week or longer

i remember in previous orders theyd send from distribution centers in southern california which would arrive much faster, but this was 3 or 4 years ago. guessed theyve changed it since

#300 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

my orders of ps3 uncharted 3/wwe 12 just shipped, but its coming from pennsylvania to california so it will likely take a week or longer

i remember in previous orders theyd send from distribution centers in southern california which would arrive much faster, but this was 3 or 4 years ago. guessed theyve changed it since

They ship everywhere. I had items from shipped from Florida, Alaska, California, Pennsylvania, and Washington. I think Pittsburgh is the main warehouse though.