GameFly October 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#331 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:38 AM

I wish Armored Core V would come back in stock.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#332 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

It's a great collection. One of the best of all the remakes.

I'm thinking about biting on Devil May HD Collection, anyone play it yet and wanna give me feedback on it?

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#333 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

Does the CAG community think Binary Domain will go lower than $15 before the holidays? I'd really prefer to spend closer to $10 on it and I'm wondering if I should just be patient to pull the trigger on it. Thanks in advance!

Fantastic game. Went into it with so-so expectations and left with a giant smile. Super fun action game
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#334 Tarheel76

Tarheel76

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Yes, I ordered one last week, and it came with all of that. The 2 game disks were like new. The music CD and all the other materials were mint.

Thanks a million Aklucsarits.

#335 Full Metal XL

Full Metal XL

Enemy of the State!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Damn...still no Syndicate for the 360. :cry:

God made me funky! :bomb:

Posted Image
A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
Someone Should've Told You Not To Fuck With Me!
:evil:

#336 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:20 AM

Damn...still no Syndicate for the 360. :cry:

Love the new avatar! Is it from anything?

#337 Icedus

Icedus

Starpointer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

Aw yeah, I'm finally gettin' my hands on Alice: Madness Returns. Big ups to the OP.

#338 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

What do you guys think about Jurassic Park?

#339 CandyCaptain

CandyCaptain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I wish Armored Core V would come back in stock.

If ya haven't used the trial period on a previous sale, use it now. I did it for Armored Core V and Mass Effect 3. The only things I didn't get that I wanted was BF3 and Batman AC. Mainly cause I rather get the complete editions of those games when they come down in price. Hopefully by black friday they'll drop...

#340 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Syndicate Back in stock for 360
http://www.gamefly.c...dicate/5000471/

#341 angelfly

angelfly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

The worst of the Telltale games. Which is disappointing since the Jurassic Park license had a lot of potential. Spend your money on The Walking Dead instead which is the best of the Telltale adventure games.
Posted Image

#342 melancholyvagrant

melancholyvagrant

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

I created a new GF account with the free trial. Gotta say, renting and choosing to keep is a lot easier than refreshing a page thousands of times a day. Just purchased Mass Effect 3. At $10 I couldn't risk it not coming back in stock, but now I'm eye-ing Amalur. Really tempted. What do you think?

#343 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

I loved it. Most people hate on it, but for that price think of it as an arcade game. Its awesome. Some intense moments and easy achievements.

#344 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I created a new GF account with the free trial. Gotta say, renting and choosing to keep is a lot easier than refreshing a page thousands of times a day. Just purchased Mass Effect 3. At $10 I couldn't risk it not coming back in stock, but now I'm eye-ing Amalur. Really tempted. What do you think?

I fell in love with the game at first (not the story though, to much going on at once). But after 20+ hours it seemed to get stale to me. Your quest log is completely overwhelming when you have 15+ open quests and they are all fetch quests. But those fetch quests usually open up more fetch quests on your journey.

I like the combat, the simplified upgrading system, the world, the graphics, etc. The lack in variety of quests have kept me from finishing it though. There is a ton of hours to be had in this game, you will get your $$$'s worth

#345 derintrel

derintrel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Amalur was one of my games of the year. For that price, why not. I love the class system and how easy it is to switch your character completely around at any point. Good level design with a decent stock fantasy story, and the combat is easily one of it's strengths. I loved it.

#346 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

The worst of the Telltale games. Which is disappointing since the Jurassic Park license had a lot of potential. Spend your money on The Walking Dead instead which is the best of the Telltale adventure games.

Agreed. I had a hard time finishing it for free. The frame rate and choppiness was a major turn off. Walking dead i can see myself playing through again but never JP

#347 melancholyvagrant

melancholyvagrant

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

... and how easy it is to switch your character completely around at any point.

Thanks for the opinions. If derintrel means what I think he means he may have just sold me. Not having to play a game multiple times to try different classes sounds really appealing. watching videos of gameplay I couldn't decide what class I would play.

#348 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

I fell in love with the game at first (not the story though, to much going on at once). But after 20+ hours it seemed to get stale to me. Your quest log is completely overwhelming when you have 15+ open quests and they are all fetch quests. But those fetch quests usually open up more fetch quests on your journey.

I like the combat, the simplified upgrading system, the world, the graphics, etc. The lack in variety of quests have kept me from finishing it though. There is a ton of hours to be had in this game, you will get your $$$'s worth

I totally could have written this review of KoA. At first, it's absolutely amazing. Combat is solid, and different weapons and enchantments feel very different (like borderlands, sort of, but melee).

It's a beautiful world, but I got sick of the story fast. And eventually, I just burnt out on fetch quests, and traversing the world back and forth, even if it was done really well. I put 20 great hours into it, then one day, was like 'DONE.' So it gets a very mixed review - certainly worth trying, but i wouldn't be surprised if you had the same reaction -- love, then burn out.

#349 melancholyvagrant

melancholyvagrant

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I totally could have written this review of KoA. At first, it's absolutely amazing. Combat is solid, and different weapons and enchantments feel very different (like borderlands, sort of, but melee).

It's a beautiful world, but I got sick of the story fast. And eventually, I just burnt out on fetch quests, and traversing the world back and forth, even if it was done really well. I put 20 great hours into it, then one day, was like 'DONE.' So it gets a very mixed review - certainly worth trying, but i wouldn't be surprised if you had the same reaction -- love, then burn out.

That's the general consensus I've read in the reviews. They basically say to stay focused on the main questline and don't detract to much so you don't burn yourself out.

#350 rhubarb doom

rhubarb doom

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

Wow! I placed my order for Syndicate and Dance Central 2 on Tuesday and the package was in my mailbox when i came home from work today.
Not only am i impressed with the turnaround but included with DC2 was a code for $3 in MS Points. I expected the code to download the songs into DC3, but wasn't expecting the spare change to buy another song. Sweet bonus!

Thanks OP!

#351 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:08 AM

Word from GameFly: there should be a lot of restocks tomorrow and Monday.

#352 Octob3rNotic3

Octob3rNotic3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Quick question to all who know. I've never used gamefly, but I buy during these sales.

I'm nervous about not getting a restock, I want like five games. If I did the trial and keep for $10 for all the ones I want do I have a limit on my trial? Or have to wait to get it? How does it work for me to do that to make sure I get these games at this price. I don't wanna pass these up

#353 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Sweet looks like a lot came in stock. Got dmc collection and max Payne 3 for Xbox. Awesome.

#354 djduke316

djduke316

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Picked up Resistance 3 for less than $8. Nice.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#355 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

I bought armored core v...I hope it's not all trash.
Posted Image

#356 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Couldn't pass up Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning :xbox: for $12.99. :applause:

#357 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

Fingers crossed for a restock of Uncharted 3.

#358 rly723

rly723

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

wow that was fast shipping from PA to c alifornia. ordered day of sale, got it friday afternoon

#359 wcl

wcl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Is LA norie worth it ??

#360 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

wow that was fast shipping from PA to c alifornia. ordered day of sale, got it friday afternoon

Hm....my game shipped Wednesday and I still don't have it...