GameFly October 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout

• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#391 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

I already bought 6 games. I wish kingdoms would come back in stock. Very fun game. I miss it.

#392 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

It can take anywhere from 10-14 days for just 1 game from Gamefly to arrive unfortunately. But it will get there, so not to worry.

Just 1, arkham city. I figure it will be here monday.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#393 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

"Don't buy it" is all I can say.

The previous game, Shattered Dimensions is way better. I might go back and unlock some of the costumes etc.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#394 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

2 of the 3 games had 5+ chips off the edges. Customer service was nice enough to refeund and sent me a return lable. But, first of all, how would a game get chips on the edges? Do they have a machine that man handles the games?

#395 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

2 of the 3 games had 5+ chips off the edges. Customer service was nice enough to refeund and sent me a return lable. But, first of all, how would a game get chips on the edges? Do they have a machine that man handles the games?

Did you actually try the games first ??

Most games from GF have chips on the edges (I guess due to repeated trips through the post) but they still work fine. As long as the flat read surface on the disc is not marked badly, they should be ok.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#396 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

^I think most of us think it's the resurfacer that they are using. I know that's what I think.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#397 iknowlondon

iknowlondon

Tina Perm Your Weave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

Mass Effect 3 is back!

I wanna roll models but be a role model, no Barkley.

I'm at the United Center but not the Barclays.

The Madhouse on Madison, the kid get to mackin em

No Equal on these beats unless I'm featuring saccharin.

My Music--> http://www.hulkshare.com/I_AM_LONDON

#398 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

im suprised i havent gotten a shipping notification for la noire that i bought at start of sale

#399 blucadet3

blucadet3

You know who has a good title...MY MOM!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

looks like some restocks got another amular to replace the one I'm returning for having a huge gouge in the disc, but still no soul calibur :(

#400 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Mass Effect 3 is back!

Thanks for the heads up. Beat original, but would like to play DLC which is surprisingly free. Never tried MP either.

#401 GenTrapstar

GenTrapstar

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

I am in NC can my game was shipped on the 18th. From Pittsburgh,PA. When do you think I should see it?

Any guesses will help.

#402 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

Sometime this week

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#403 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Finally was able to order KOA: Reckoning. I've been waiting for it to come back in stock.
Posted Image

#404 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Got bummed last night seeing how many great deals I missed. Thanks for posting, iknowlondon--just nabbed Mass Effect 3 for the 360.
Posted Image

where scoob

#405 GenTrapstar

GenTrapstar

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

I might be sleep when/if it comes back Uncharted 3. Looking to get that for $10.

#406 iknowlondon

iknowlondon

Tina Perm Your Weave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Beat original, but would like to play DLC which is surprisingly free. Never tried MP either.

Got bummed last night seeing how many great deals I missed. Thanks for posting, iknowlondon--just nabbed Mass Effect 3 for the 360.

Your welcome, friends. I was in the same boat last time and was all types of salty when I missed it, but glad others are gettin in on it now.

I wanna roll models but be a role model, no Barkley.

I'm at the United Center but not the Barclays.

The Madhouse on Madison, the kid get to mackin em

No Equal on these beats unless I'm featuring saccharin.

My Music--> http://www.hulkshare.com/I_AM_LONDON

#407 Icehearted

Icehearted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Mass Effect 3 on Xbox 360 and SSX for PS3 are in stock again as of this post.
Posted Image

#408 RockinTheRedDog

RockinTheRedDog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Damn....Kingdom of Amular was restocked....dammit...can't..resist...temptation.

#409 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

^I think most of us think it's the resurfacer that they are using. I know that's what I think.

do they resurface blurays? none of the 30 or so ps3 brs that i've gotten over the years looked resurfaced. heck, i don't remember even seeing any looked chipped.

#410 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Did you actually try the games first ??

Most games from GF have chips on the edges (I guess due to repeated trips through the post) but they still work fine. As long as the flat read surface on the disc is not marked badly, they should be ok.

Part of the chipped area had it protrude under the disc surface area. In other words, it was not longer smooth along the edges and would cause a problem spinning.

#411 GenTrapstar

GenTrapstar

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

My Darkness II came today. Disc is good, but could be a lot worse. Was hoping for LE version. Anyone got a LE version with a code they don't want LOL. Now patiently waiting for Asuras Wrath.

#412 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Pretty hard to screw up Blu Ray disc. One of the reasons got PS3.

Can't tell you how many defective 360 games we had when I worked at Blockbuster.

#413 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

do they resurface blurays? none of the 30 or so ps3 brs that i've gotten over the years looked resurfaced. heck, i don't remember even seeing any looked chipped.

That's a good point. Maybe I need to re-think my theory. I'm curious if people who rent from Gamefly, if their discs have chips on them as well.

#414 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Also, I emailed Gamefly about my Prototype being cracked in the middle and they issued me a mailing label right away, and said they've already credited my card for the refund. Since the sale is still going on, I just ordered another copy which is hopefully in better shape.

Great prices and great customer service. :)

#415 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Blurays are tougher, don't need resurfacing. I've never had a bad ps3 disc from them.

I've received a few PS3 discs with small but noticeable pits on the outer edge but it has never affected play. The durabis coating is supposed to make them more resistant to certain types of scratching but might have side benefits for other types of damage.

Purely speculation but I feel that PS3 games receive better care from Gamefly's users over the course of their rental period compared to 360.

#416 neuropolis

neuropolis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Got my Mass Effect 3. It was scuffed up around the edge, but once it had the disc resurfaced, it worked great.

#417 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

Purely speculation but I feel that PS3 games receive better care from Gamefly's users over the course of their rental period compared to 360.

I agree, since the 360 has a larger userbase, meaning more potential ways a disc can get damaged from rent to rent. Plus the scratch resistant coating on blurays is what always makes me decide to go for the PS3 version instead.

That's a good point. Maybe I need to re-think my theory. I'm curious if people who rent from Gamefly, if their discs have chips on them as well.

They don't, or at least not when I've rented from them. Then again when I rent, I usually get them from Austin, TX and NOT from the Pittsburgh facility.

Every single PS3 game I've received from the PA has always had some varying degree of small chips, but I've had NO issues when playing them. It's a shame that out of the 20 or so GF games I've bought, I've never once had 1 game not come out of the PA facility.

#418 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Got arkham city today, email told me it was coming from LA but really came from PA.

Looks pretty scuffed up, including 2 small scratches on front label, as well as white circle on label just around the hole. Just installed it, so does that mean that it installed correctly that it is guaranteed to play all the way through with no problems?

#419 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

Got arkham city today, email told me it was coming from LA but really came from PA.

Looks pretty scuffed up, including 2 small scratches on front label, as well as white circle on label just around the hole. Just installed it, so does that mean that it installed correctly that it is guaranteed to play all the way through with no problems?

Did you get it for PS3 or 360? If you got it for the 360 and installed it to hard drive then you should be able to play it completely without any issues.

Can't really comment on the PS3 version, never seen one that is scuffed up. Also most games on the PS3 don't fully install to the hard drive besides a small few.

#420 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Did you get it for PS3 or 360? If you got it for the 360 and installed it to hard drive then you should be able to play it completely without any issues.

Can't really comment on the PS3 version, never seen one that is scuffed up. Also most games on the PS3 don't fully install to the hard drive besides a small few.

It is a 360 copy. Thanks for the info, not too savvy with installs yet, just picked up a hard drive a few weeks ago