Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#61 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:02 AM

Dishonored is terrible, don't support that lazy game.

It was ok but I expected it to be much better.

#62 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

If they fix the release date for Street Fighter X Tekken on the Vita, I'll get in on this. Otherwise I cant really find 3 games I want that badly at the moment (Already got damn near everything outside of Dishonored and Resident Evil)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:06 AM

So we cant pm any game that we bought with the 20 rz promo as we'll lose the promo?

#64 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

So we cant pm any game that we bought with the 20 rz promo as we'll lose the promo?

You can price match games in the promo. It doesn't affect anything. I've done it for two years now.

#65 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:07 AM

Hmmm, this is a question for all the Best Buy veterans out there (aka Enuf).

I have purchased via the $20 pre-order bonus: Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, and Dishonored. I would love to price match the B2G1 with those three games, essentially paying $40 per game and getting a $20 RZ cert per game (so $20 per game).

The issue I am encountering with this is the logistics. If I do a return/rebuy I would lose my 1000 points, no? If I tell the store flat out "I don't want to do return/rebuy because of the pre-order bonus" they may flat out deny the price match. Does anyone have some advice for me in regards to this?

In the past B2G1 promotion, you couldn't include a preorder in the B2G1 that is outside the promotion week (i.e.AC3, Blops 2). Preorders were specifically excluded. I wouldn't expect it to be any different this time around. If anything, it looks like they made it slightly more restrictive in that there's a B2G1 cap at $60. CE's would net a free copy but not this time around.

OTOH, if you place a .com order for MOH and 2 other games, I could see one of the games ringing up for free since as long as you were to pick it up on release week, the MOH: Warfighter or Forza Horizon (note this is not eligible for a $20 preorder bonus) game should ring up free. On top of that, then that would make any subsequent PM adjustment impossible since it'll "zero" out but then again getting it for a "net value" at $40 on top of the $20 RZ cert would be the equivalent of maxing out any PM deal anyway.

Edited by Donut2922, 17 October 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#66 ICHIRO51MVP

ICHIRO51MVP

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:08 AM

I have pre-ordered MOH Warfighter and ACIII about a month ago (and I will be getting the $20 credit for each). Does this mean I get a free game even if I had pre-ordered it a long time ago? How exactly does this work, and when will I get my free game?

#67 darrenaw9

darrenaw9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:09 AM

You can price match games in the promo. It doesn't affect anything. I've done it for two years now.

As in pm-ing the b2g1? Can i just walk in and take another 2 games and still keep the 20 rz cert which is still pending?

#68 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:11 AM

B2G1 is usually for all games except this one is $59.99 and below, it doesn't matter when it was released. For anyone wondering about games you've already purchased you should be able to just buy the same games with this sale then return them with the old receipt. If you already got the $20 RZ, I don't think there's a way for BBY to get those back. You might even be able to use it on rebuying the games. I know it sounds shady but it's up to you if you wanna go that route.

It would be shady if you wanted to try to keep the $20 RZ because you got a promotion that was tied to keeping your purchase. Furthermore, if anybody was to return it, the RZ points related to that purchase would be forfeited anyways including the 1,000 Victory Can Be Preordered RZ points. Returns have always negated the original points awarded.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#69 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

As in pm-ing the b2g1? Can i just walk in and take another 2 games and still keep the 20 rz cert which is still pending?

You fulfilled your obligation of the pre-order promotion when you bought and paid for it. Any price matching after the fact won't nullify it. The only thing that would, would be a return of the game.

#70 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

ah whyyyyy, I just sold DoA5 with the 50% trade-in >.<
Oh well..... hmmm a B2G1Free? not really interested.... probably just gonna wait for black friday

#71 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

You guys are planning on getting BlOps2 but this sale ends 10/27 Effin Idiots!!!

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#72 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

So I bought Pokemon black and white 2.
Can I bring my reciet there and get a game 34.99 or under for free?

#73 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:37 AM

These things are such a joke, but I guess they keep working. By the time you get around to playing the second game, you can probably get all 3 for $40 each anyway. By the time you get around to playing the third game, you can get at least one of them for $20.

#74 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

You fulfilled your obligation of the pre-order promotion when you bought and paid for it. Any price matching after the fact won't nullify it. The only thing that would, would be a return of the game.

b2g1 isnt price matching though. They would have to return the game, to get all 3 on the same receipt.

#75 jamesdevil

jamesdevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

b2g1 isnt price matching though. They would have to return the game, to get all 3 on the same receipt.

Right. I don't know what type of PM shenanigans take to get a B2G1 to happen with a pre-ordered game since I've never done it but my point still stands. As long as you don't return your game, you can PM to your heart's content and still retain your bonus.

If you have to return your game to get in on the promo then yes, you will lose your bonus.

#76 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

You guys are planning on getting BlOps2 but this sale ends 10/27 Effin Idiots!!!

So angry. BL2 is Borderlands 2 not COD.
Posted Image

#77 zyk

zyk

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Don't really know what to get. I'll probably look at the $30 and under games.

#78 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

Can you buy games that are priced over $59.99 with the B2G1 but have the free one be $59.99 or below? I'm asking because I would like to return and rebuy with RE: Anthology to get two more games but RE is more than $59.99. I know you could do this with the welcome packet coupon where you could buy any two games as long as the free one was $39.99 and below.

Edit: Hm. I also PM'ed Fry's price on Anthology ($74.99) so that might be an issue too. =/
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#79 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:21 AM

B2G1 is usually for all games except this one is $59.99 and below, it doesn't matter when it was released. For anyone wondering about games you've already purchased you should be able to just buy the same games with this sale then return them with the old receipt. If you already got the $20 RZ, I don't think there's a way for BBY to get those back. You might even be able to use it on rebuying the games. I know it sounds shady but it's up to you if you wanna go that route.

The only way to make this work is a Price Match, if you go the refund route your RZ account will go negative 1000 points most likely.
Also Best Buy won't do any PMs on B2G1 offers. (Exception to this and any other BB policy is an override from a easy going manager. 8-))

Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?

No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.

Can you buy games that are priced over $59.99 with the B2G1 but have the free one be $59.99 or below? I'm asking because I would like to return and rebuy with RE: Anthology to get two more games but RE is more than $59.99. I know you could do this with the welcome packet coupon where you could buy any two games as long as the free one was $39.99 and below.

Edit: Hm. I also PM'ed Fry's price on Anthology ($74.99) so that might be an issue too. =/

You could but why? It makes no economical sense for a cheapassgamer. What 3 games out right now are you willing to force yourself to buy $50 each?

#80 Habitman

Habitman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:26 AM

Damn, I bit the bullet and got myself the Skyrim/Forza bundle for 275, 2 yr warranty, after trading in some old games and using a few GC's I had. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an extra $20, though. Think I can get my bundle to be included in this upcoming week's deal?

$275 ain't bad, but I'm a thrifty bastard.

#81 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

After running the numbers, I figured it works best for me is to rebuy 2 copies of BL2 and a Dishonored. Use both my $20 RZ certs to bring to total to around $90.

Then use my original receipts and return all 3 games to get back the $96 total I spent in cash on the originals, and close to $95 back in gift cards.

Seems the easiest way to get the PM done without technicalities and such at CS.

Only thing in my way of getting this done is whether or not my Dishonored $20 cert gets cleared by next week. Given what other silver members are saying, it SHOULD be. Time will tell.

#82 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:29 AM

I've had no problems before getting best buy to price match a buy 2 get 1 free sale. I've just taken the receipts showing I bought the three games to the customer service desk . Not sure exactly how they did within their system but I know I got the $59.99 plus tax back. So its yymv like everything at best buy it seems. I don't know how it would interact with the pre-order bonus though. I am going to try this with dishonored but I have a feeling that stupid lamp will screw it up since it is in their system for $59.99.

#83 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:33 AM

*sigh* I'd try PMing the copies of Borderlands 2, RE6, and Dishonored I bought, but I preordered BL2 in-store and both RE6 and Dishonored online with in-store pickup, so it'd definitely be a pain to talk on the phone with someone to PM the bunch of them. :\

Bah, I'll just have to hope each one drops to at least $40 before the 60-day PM period is up.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#84 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

If the TIV's hold until Sunday, would trading in NHL 13 ($27) and NBA 2k 13 ($24) at their current value x 2 and then rebuying them with the credit and snagging a free game make sense? You'd still keep your $20 bonus for preordering NBA, but wouldn't pay much more out of pocket for the deal. Probably too much trouble, and I doubt the values hold besides. Just a thought.

#85 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

You could but why? It makes no economical sense for a cheapassgamer. What 3 games out right now are you willing to force yourself to buy $50 each?

I was contemplating Dishonored, since I RedBox'ed it for that free day a while back and really got into it but at $59.99 it's still just too much and there is no other $59.99 game I want at the moment. I was hoping to pick up two random $39.99 games then exchanging them for AC:Liberation and P4: Golden (Or LBP Vita) when they drop the following week. Since I already bought RE6 it would come out $20 each Vita game.
Currently playing:

#86 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:43 AM

Damn, I bit the bullet and got myself the Skyrim/Forza bundle for 275, 2 yr warranty, after trading in some old games and using a few GC's I had. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on an extra $20, though. Think I can get my bundle to be included in this upcoming week's deal?

$275 ain't bad, but I'm a thrifty bastard.

Hell yeah you can, just do a return and rebuy. Boom $20

#87 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

I was contemplating Dishonored, since I RedBox'ed it for that free day a while back and really got into it but at $59.99 it's still just too much and there is no other $59.99 game I want at the moment. I was hoping to pick up two random $39.99 games then exchanging them for AC:Liberation and P4: Golden (Or LBP Vita) when they drop the following week. Since I already bought RE6 it would come out $20 each Vita game.

Resident Evil 6 Anthology $90
Random Game $40
Random Game $40 (Free)
$90+$40=$130
$130/3=$43.33

Wouldn't that come out to $43.33 each game?

#88 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

Of course they do this days before AC III releases, anyway, NCAA 13 stacked with BUY 2 get 1, should work for medal of honor. Not sure what else to combo with it, might return my copy of Dishonored and rebuy with MOH, $20 off is always better than a cert to me, anyway.

#89 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

BBY does what TRU don't

Dishonored is terrible, don't support that lazy game.

The brevity and oddness of this statement makes me believe this is a copycat of that stupid troll tumblr going around.

I'm guessing that current TIVs won't hold

They definitely won't. The new releases should drop to to $20 base.

#90 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

Resident Evil 6 Anthology $90
Random Game $40
Random Game $40 (Free)
$90+40=$130
$130/3=$43.33

Wouldn't that come out to $43.33 each game?

Well I'm taking into account that I already bought RE6 and I intend on keeping it so I would only have to buy two more games for the B2G1.
Currently playing: