Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#991 Grimms

Grimms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Can't do pre-orders online and get the b2g1.

Ok thanks. I'll just buy two placeholders and swap them on the 30th and make sure the game I want to keep is $0 (Free).

#992 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Forza Horizon isn't working for me online. Anything else I add works, but when I add Forza Horizon to the mix I don't get the 3rd game free.

Crunchewy.png

#993 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Forza Horizon isn't working for me online. Anything else I add works, but when I add Forza Horizon to the mix I don't get the 3rd game free.

Yup, Horizon and Warfighter don't work online.

#994 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

U are right on that part.
I dont think BB would let people stack the b2g1 promo and issue x2 or x3 $20 cert. , but its worth to try.

The poster's question I answered is if they allow a PM and. B2g1

#995 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

I decided to hold off for now on getting MOH and Forza Horizon. After talking to a few different friends that picked up MOH, it's pretty much what I said it would be. I also have to stick with my initial thought of Horizon not being worth $60 after playing the demo.

#996 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

On the back of the coupon it says that it could not be used with any other offer. I know its ymmv but I got a manager to discount Tekken tag tounry and f1 formula manually by arguing that even with the discount it still should satisfy the B2G1 sale. The ad says any game 59.99 and under and only excludes Skylanders or PC games. So I ended up w/ 3 games for 39.99 each minus the free. The other option is to buy games that you can match to Amazon or newegg.com which will still stack with B2G1 promo.

You found a manager that stupid enough to pursued him that because one promo says it excludes it and the other doesn't specify, that he thought you could use both...

Wow. More power to you mr. Silver tongue.

#997 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Someone already asked, but how are associates ringing up the pre orders? i was with an associate for like a half hour while she was trying to figure it out, and eventually it just didnt work. she said you could only put down 5 dollars on a pre order in store, so she went onto the website and was able to make it so i could pay the whole pre order off, but it wouldnt apply the b2g1 free.

That would be because the terms of the b2g1 specifically state preorders don't count.

#998 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

That would be because the terms of the b2g1 specifically state preorders don't count.

Yeah, if pre-orders were allowed you would be able to do it online. You can't. Some people are just finding employees that either don't know any better or are willing to work around the system.

#999 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Does Forza Horizon work in-store? I.e. is the website just glitching? Would like to get X-COM, Forza and Transformers Fall of Cybertron.

Crunchewy.png

#1000 Charlie Dynamite

Charlie Dynamite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Yeah, if pre-orders were allowed you would be able to do it online. You can't. Some people are just finding employees that either don't know any better or are willing to work around the system.

gotcha..i dont feel like scrolling thru all these pages to find out the deal with it. all i noticed were people saying they were able to do it. thanks for the heads up.

#1001 Charlie Dynamite

Charlie Dynamite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:40 PM

Does Forza Horizon work in-store? I.e. is the website just glitching? Would like to get X-COM, Forza and Transformers Fall of Cybertron.

yeah it does, i picked it up yesterday with no problems along with MOH and Dishonored.

#1002 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

YMMV. You cannot PM and do the B2G1 deal. You got a stupid employee, enough said. Please stop giving out information. Kthx.

Congratulations, you got some ignorant cashier. Still doesn't change the fact that it is against their policy.

Oh and btw, nice PM telling me to "eat dirt". Are you 6?

You found a manager that stupid enough to pursued him that because one promo says it excludes it and the other doesn't specify, that he thought you could use both...

Wow. More power to you mr. Silver tongue.

Man. Lotta jealous people in this thread. I'll go today to give it a try. Everyone else, instead of being mad, why don't you give it a try?

#1003 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Man. Lotta jealous people in this thread. I'll go today to give it a try. Everyone else, instead of being mad, why don't you give it a try?

I agree. I also don't understand why they would deny a PM w/ B2G1 on any game that isn't a new release. I do understand limiting it on new releases because often B2G1 sales are to combat other retailers lowering prices on their new release.

However, getting a PM on something 39.99 or 29.99 down to 29.99 or 19.99 isn't really a matter of competing with another retailer's deals. Usually, that's just to satisfy overstock.

#1004 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

What's the likelihood that Fall of Cybertron will drop to $40 before Xmas? I need two copies (gifts for my kids) so they can play online together. Trying to decide if I should get 2x Cybertron now + another $60 game, or wait on it.

Alternatively, and better, what's the likelihood that it shows up as a Games on Demand game by Xmas? Even full price? That would save me money.

Crunchewy.png

#1005 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Jealous means that I'm envious of someone.

The only person I'm jealous of is the guy who knocked up Natalie Portman, not because some guy managed to get an employee who either didn't care or wasn't aware of that PMing can't be combined with the B2G1 sale.

I'm simply stating don't say shit that isn't true. Saying "Yes, you can PM with the sale" is misleading as hell, because it is against their policy to do both, hence why you need a manager override or other ways around the system to get it to work.

His experience was an exception, not the rule.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#1006 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Jealous means that I'm envious of someone.

The only person I'm jealous of is the guy who knocked up Natalie Portman, not because some guy managed to get an employee who either didn't care or wasn't aware of that PMing can't be combined with the B2G1 sale.

I'm simply stating don't say shit that isn't true. Saying "Yes, you can PM with the sale" is misleading as hell, because it is against their policy to do both, hence why you need a manager override or other ways around the system to get it to work.

His experience was an exception, not the rule.

I agree with everything you posted.....and I double agree with the bold section

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1007 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

What's the likelihood that Fall of Cybertron will drop to $40 before Xmas? I need two copies (gifts for my kids) so they can play online together. Trying to decide if I should get 2x Cybertron now + another $60 game, or wait on it.

I bet $100 it will be at least $30 somewhere between Black Friday and Christmas.
Posted Image

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#1008 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

If you're talking about 2 preorders and 1 in stock game, then I don't believe it's working around the system. The Best Buy employee said the system let it happen. He didn't think it could happen because preorders cards have different SKUs than the actual game, but when he scanned the preorder, it went through. I believe he didn't have to do any extra work. I may be mistaken, but the physical ad says nothing about exluding preorders. If you're talking about 3 preorders, then ignore everything I said because it may be different.

Edit: Link of ad

Edited by VindictiveGnome, 24 October 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#1009 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

It says valid on in-stock items, so it would exclude pre-orders.

#1010 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

It says valid on in-stock items, so it would exclude pre-orders.

Where does it say that in the physical ad?

#1011 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

I don't have the physical ad. It says it online though.

#1012 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

It says that on the website, but common sense dictates that it is the same for in stores too.

I mean I can't go into my store and say I want to purchase 3 games they don't have in stock and expect them to ring me up for it.

It's the same thing with preorders, they don't have the game in stock, so you can't really get that deal if it's not in stock.
Posted Image

#1013 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:21 PM

I don't have the physical ad. It says it online though.

I posted the physical ad above.

It says that on the website, but common sense dictates that it is the same for in stores too.

I mean I can't go into my store and say I want to purchase 3 games they don't have in stock and expect them to ring me up for it.

It's the same thing with preorders, they don't have the game in stock, so you can't really get that deal if it's not in stock.

Yeah, I would assume the if it doesn't work online, it wouldn't work in-store. Guess people are just getting lucky, but I still don't think people are going around the system. I think it's in the system, but I'm sure they'll catch on and change it.

#1014 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

If it is supposed to work then why can you not preorder 3 games and have the third preorder free?

BBY didn't think about changing it because BBYs official stance for in store preorders is to only accept $5 and not to pay it off in full. The system still allows to pay off in full, but the employees are supposed to know policy. This was stated by a mod on the BBY forums. Granted this could have changed in the last 2 months, but that is how it was setup to be.

But, as most places especially with $9 an hour employees, most employees don't know or could care less.

#1015 VindictiveGnome

VindictiveGnome

Cleared to engage.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

If it is supposed to work then why can you not preorder 3 games and have the third preorder free?

BBY didn't think about changing it because BBYs official stance for in store preorders is to only accept $5 and not to pay it off in full. The system still allows to pay off in full, but the employees are supposed to know policy. This was stated by a mod on the BBY forums. Granted this could have changed in the last 2 months, but that is how it was setup to be.

But, as most places especially with $9 an hour employees, most employees don't know or could care less.

Ah, I understand. Well, I feel lucky. Glad I got someone who didn't know the full policy. I appreciate the info.

#1016 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I picked up doom bfg , medal of honor and sniper. Woo hoo.

On another note I know these games will be cheaper one day but i don't mind supporting a decent retailer sale. especially since b2 g1 on new is so rare.

Up until last year it was one of the few times I ever saw it done on new games.

#1017 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Anyone know if BB let return one of three items and choose a different game if the game is still unopened?
Come check out my Trade thread!

#1018 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Anyone know if BB let return one of three items and choose a different game if the game is still unopened?

This has been answered many times. Yes you can, as long as its not the free one (unless you do a return/rebuy this week).

#1019 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

3 Darksiders II for $64
PM'ed Amazon, got the B2G1 & used one of my $20 cerftificates from a previous pre-order, paid in BB credit
Posted Image

How did you get a Darksiders for $30? You PM'd the Amazon price of $40, and Best buy took off another $10 due to the sale?

#1020 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

How did you get a Darksiders for $30? You PM'd the Amazon price of $40, and Best buy took off another $10 due to the sale?

He said he used a $20 cert.