Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#1021 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

He got 2 Darksiders for $30. Did he have 2 $20 certificates?

#1022 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

He got 2 Darksiders for $30. Did he have 2 $20 certificates?

SMH. Did you read the receipt? The cert took $10 off each one.

#1023 FrankCastleAZ

FrankCastleAZ

AZHP Gaming Founder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

In for 3 copies of Dead or Alive 5 and 3 copies of Tekken Tag 2 for tournaments.
Thanks to OP and Cheapy D. More money saved for the gaming business.

Hope I can pick up some bomb deal like this early November for 4 or maybe 8 copies of Halo 4
Posted Image
AZHP Gaming - Website - Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus -

#1024 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Picked up Forza Horizon, MoH and FIFA 13 all for 360. My BB trade credit is all but gone now.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1025 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

Anyone trade in Forza 4 lately? Website says 28.00 after bonus, but I wannamake sure it hasn't tanked.

#1026 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

Anyone trade in Forza 4 lately? Website says 28.00 after bonus, but I wannamake sure it hasn't tanked.

I did this past Sunday. Got $29.40 with the GCU membership. Actually bought Twisted Metal, God of War Saga and needed a third game so I took Forza, picked up TM and Forza in-store then opened and traded in Forza right after picking it up. Basically, got the two games for about $58. Saved $22 after trading in Forza 4.

#1027 spidergraf

spidergraf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

Anyone know if BB let return one of three items and choose a different game if the game is still unopened?

As many will say that is ymmv, you can return or exchange the paid games for another. Most of the employees in the customer disservce area will try to have you return all 3 games in the promo and repurchase as a bundle. If the bundle promo is not going on they may take the free game back.

#1028 ARCorr

ARCorr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

does best buy not carry zero escape? I wanted to buy that, along with pokemon black and white 2
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1029 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

I've seen it mentioned about making sure that the one I want to keep is the free item on the receipt..is this done by simply making sure the cashier scans it last?

Yes.

#1030 MadB00tleg

MadB00tleg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Thanks for the quick answer(s).

The Battle may now continue.
Posted Image

#1031 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

So...Xcom.

Really interested, but I don't have a ton of time to invest. What's the verdict?

#1032 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

So some people ARE having luck PM'ing games (I.e. BL2) while also doing the B2G1?
Posted Image

#1033 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:11 AM

Fuck

angry birds for the 3ds fell from 20 to 14 after trade in bonus

wonder what i could get for it at gamestop
WOOOO I STINK

#1034 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

One game I want isn't available as part of this sale online, so if I want three specific titles (that aren't all available at the store) should I buy four games and return one? It would still look like a buy 2-get-1 free, right?

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#1035 Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

medal of honor warfighter doesnt work for the deal on the site
Why save the world, when everything in it is falling apart?
:applause:

#1036 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I traded in Red Dead Redemption, Resistance 3, and Final Fantasy 3 for $22 and got Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom for $15 on clearance, Warhammer Space Marine $10, and got Alpha Protocol for free as it was only $7. Only paid $4 after trade in.

Pretty awesome considering I only paid $5 for sealed Majoras Mask and traded it for a fully functional PS3 and ds lite along with those PS3 games.

#1037 gravel

gravel

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

I wanted to get in on either this deal or Target's B2G1 but neither store is carrying Virtue's Last Reward, which is the main game I wanted. In fact, there isn't a physical copy to be had within an hour's drive from me. Oh well.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed,

#1038 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Traded in Forza 4 last night for 29.40. Great filler for the two games I picked up

#1039 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

where does it say preorders are excluded? and i have asked a few people at bestbuy about this and they told me it technically does not say anywhere you're not allowed to do it with preorders so they would let me do it if i wanted to..

so he had every expectation that it should work for him too

Thanks for the information. The employee wouldn't let me preorder and pay in full, so even if preorders weren't excluded, it still wouldn't work. It's very confusing to me if this one employee was stonewalling me or if it's actually against store policy.

#1040 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

I have a bunch of Reward Zonr certificates I want to use, does anyone know if I can use them instore through the BB app, or is it necessary to print them?

#1041 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks for the information. The employee wouldn't let me preorder and pay in full, so even if preorders weren't excluded, it still wouldn't work. It's very confusing to me if this one employee was stonewalling me or if it's actually against store policy.

Store policy is to only accept $5 on preordered games. This is through inter office memos. The system still allows for more to be paid, so it relies on the employees knowing policies. Not always the best with $9 an hour employees.

That's why they quickly nixed the skylanders, but didn't also "fix" the preorders. Because it shouldn't matter and their systems are outdated and horrendous to recode.

#1042 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I have a bunch of Reward Zonr certificates I want to use, does anyone know if I can use them instore through the BB app, or is it necessary to print them?

You don't have to print them. They just will look at the RZ cert number on your phone.

#1043 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

where does it say preorders are excluded? and i have asked a few people at bestbuy about this and they told me it technically does not say anywhere you're not allowed to do it with preorders so they would let me do it if i wanted to..

so he had every expectation that it should work for him too

http://www.bestbuy.c...8&type=category

Found either by searching the weekly ad and its disclaimer or by searching featured offers. And when have pre-orders ever been included in a deal like this, there is no precedent.

#1044 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Uncharted dual pack trades in for $8 and $5 base value when split up. Bought that, Infamous trilogy ($11 base) and GOW: CS ($12 base). Kept vouchers and traded them all back in. I only wanted the vouchers.

#1045 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Will Best Buy exchange a new but opened game for the same one new and sealed? I received God of War Saga today in the mail since it was shipped to me but the voucher for the Origins Collection is BLANK. The voucher is in the case but the space where the code should be is empty/blank. Will Best Buy exchange this or do I have to call Sony? Thanks.

#1046 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Will Best Buy exchange a new but opened game for the same one new and sealed? I received God of War Saga today in the mail since it was shipped to me but the voucher for the Origins Collection is BLANK. The voucher is in the case but the space where the code should be is empty/blank. Will Best Buy exchange this or do I have to call Sony? Thanks.

Have to call Sony.

#1047 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:37 PM

Okay, thanks.

#1048 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Have to call Sony.

I would take it back and show them the voucher, they should swap it out.

#1049 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

Is BBY ever getting the GOW Dualshock Bundle?
Posted Image

#1050 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

They will probably be able to do it. As long as you want to exchange it for the same game it should be no problem. I would try BB first but Sony should also be able to help you