Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#1051 dan77733

dan77733

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

If the weather is good tomorrow, I'll go to Best Buy and try to exchange it. If not or if they dont exchange it, then, I'll call Sony.

Thanks everyone.

#1052 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Do you think I could get a title that isn't counting toward the sale on the website if I buy four different games and return one?

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#1053 DTX_Dan

DTX_Dan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Dang PS Vita games really took a hit in terms of TIVs. Wipeout 2048 and Uncharted: GA down to $3 base.

#1054 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

They shipped my 3 games separately but I got Dark Souls and ICO/Shadow today. Dark Souls is the collectors edition though instead of the normal version that I ordered.
I didn't ask for that how dare they! :p

Now i wait for Singularity aka my Uncharted 3 replacement.
Spoiler

#1055 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

im so weak !
i already got.... borderlands 2, dishonored, & RE6 from this deal, but i went back today and picked up... spec ops, lego batman 2, and jurney CE. i did manage to get $63 bucks back for RE6 thoe, and still keep dishonored & BL2, and also got bestbuy to price match lego batman 2, for $30 (from gamestop) and was still allowed to do a B2G1, but with the target B2G1 & black friday coming up, im spending way to much cash and store credit.

#1056 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:04 AM

im so weak !
i already got.... borderlands 2, dishonored, & RE6 from this deal, but i went back today and picked up... spec ops, lego batman 2, and jurney CE. i did manage to get $63 bucks back for RE6 thoe, and still keep dishonored & BL2, and also got bestbuy to price match lego batman 2, for $30 (from gamestop) and was still allowed to do a B2G1, but with the target B2G1 & black friday coming up, im spending way to much cash and store credit.

So if I understand you correctly...you returned RE6 that you bought with the B2G1 for $63. Essentially getting Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for $63? If you did that with the intent then you should not talk about it here and your BB employee is stupid for allowing it. If it happened by accident...and I don't see how it could have then you got lucky.

Same goes for price matching Lego Batman 2 and also getting the B2G1, that should not have happened, but your manager didn't mind so who am I to say otherwise.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1057 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

So if I understand you correctly...you returned RE6 that you bought with the B2G1 for $63. Essentially getting Borderlands 2 and Dishonored for $63? If you did that with the intent then you should not talk about it here and your BB employee is stupid for allowing it. If it happened by accident...and I don't see how it could have then you got lucky.

Same goes for price matching Lego Batman 2 and also getting the B2G1, that should not have happened, but your manager didn't mind so who am I to say otherwise.

it was actualy $60 for RE6, and a friend bought it from me, he was going to buy it anyway, so he saved a few bucks in tax, but i didn't feel like telling the whole story of.... i bought RE6 from BB with the B2G1, it was the.... "free game" and my friend bought it from me, but it looks like i had to explane that anyway, and the lego batman deal...... if they said its not allowed, then i say ok, if they dont say anything, im not going to makeup the rules for them at check out, some bestbuys have managers and staff that over ride, and some BB stores dont.

#1058 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

it was actualy $60 for RE6, and a friend bought it from me, he was going to buy it anyway, so he saved a few bucks in tax, but i didn't feel like telling the whole story of.... i bought RE6 from BB with the B2G1, it was the.... "free game" and my friend bought it from me, but it looks like i had to explane that anyway, and the lego batman deal...... if they said its not allowed, then i say ok, if they dont say anything, im not going to makeup the rules for them at check out, some bestbuys have managers and staff that over ride, and some BB stores dont.

Based on your story it sounded like you returned the RE6 you got during the B2G1. You didn't need to go into insane detail. Simply say "I returned a previously purchased RE6 and bought the following three games using B2G1".

The Lego Batman 2 price match is cool and I am not faulting you for it, but as I am sure you know your experience is the exception to the rule, not the rule.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1059 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

You sold a game you got from B2G1 to a friend for $60? what kind of friend are you lol.

#1060 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

You sold a game you got from B2G1 to a friend for $60? what kind of friend are you lol.

lol, i thought about that to, but he said he wanted to buy it anyway, and asked if i wanted the $60 for it since i didn't realy want it. but at least hr saved a few bucks. lol

#1061 wcl

wcl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

I wish hit man n play station all stars were out already

#1062 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:53 AM

Based on your story it sounded like you returned the RE6 you got during the B2G1. You didn't need to go into insane detail. Simply say "I returned a previously purchased RE6 and bought the following three games using B2G1".

The Lego Batman 2 price match is cool and I am not faulting you for it, but as I am sure you know your experience is the exception to the rule, not the rule.

i hear ya, but all i said was that i managed to get $60 bucks for RE6, if i did say that i "returned it"... which i didn't, then every body would of asked me how i returned it, without any kind of issue, thats why i said, that i just got $60 bucks for it, no "insane detail" lol,
but it's all good dude. :)

#1063 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

Will bestbuy price match the target b2g1 free? Also I have so far purchased nba 2k12, borderlands 2, and plan on purchasing assassins creed 3. Can I make it so that I get one of those games for free? Btw I already price match borderlands 2 for $40 so I would get that game for free

#1064 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

Will bestbuy price match the target b2g1 free? Also I have so far purchased nba 2k12, borderlands 2, and plan on purchasing assassins creed 3. Can I make it so that I get one of those games for free? Btw I already price match borderlands 2 for $40 so I would get that game for free

bestbuy shouldn't give you a problem on either one of those questions, but it comes down to how your manager and staff is at your local bestbuy, most of the time they will do it. the same things that you want, ive had both of those deals price matched in the past.

#1065 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:36 AM

how did you get borderlands 2 priced matched for $40? where was it on sale for $40 at @

#1066 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

Are Skylander figures still B2G1F?

#1067 hlb96

hlb96

No Comment

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

I got gift receipts so I can return 2 games that I paid for to get AC Liberation for me and Lego LOTR for my son next week.

#1068 brentgolden

brentgolden

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

I bought Silent hill book of memories, killzone trilogy, doom 3. I did not open doom and on the receipt book of memories is free. When assassins creed 3 comes out can I give doom back for 39.99 and pay the balance for assassins creed 3 which would be around 20 dollars??

#1069 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

how did you get borderlands 2 priced matched for $40? where was it on sale for $40 at @

It might be from this deal, http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330564

Just a tease that I thought might have been a good price match for my best buy purchase.

#1070 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

The day the game cam out toys r us was running a promotion to give a $20 gift card to whoever purchased borderlands 2 that day. My bb was kind enough to price match it.

#1071 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:40 AM

The day the game cam out toys r us was running a promotion to give a $20 gift card to whoever purchased borderlands 2 that day. My bb was kind enough to price match it.

that was a good deal.
thanks for the info dude. :)

#1072 180husher

180husher

Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

Are Skylander figures still B2G1F?

Nope, TRU has a B1G1 40%0ff sale on them though...and they haven't jacked the prices up yet.

Posted Image

#1073 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:00 AM

I bought three games using the b2g1 free with plans to exchange them when black ops 2 comes out. Will they give me shit for doing this? I asked the guy and he said i would have to bring all three games back but a lot of CAGers say that is not true.
Posted Image

#1074 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

lol, i thought about that to, but he said he wanted to buy it anyway, and asked if i wanted the $60 for it since i didn't realy want it. but at least hr saved a few bucks. lol

At least you could have been a good friend and gave him a $5 discount.
So $30 each isnt that bad. good job.

#1075 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

I bought three games using the b2g1 free with plans to exchange them when black ops 2 comes out. Will they give me shit for doing this? I asked the guy and he said i would have to bring all three games back but a lot of CAGers say that is not true.

The policy is that they have to return all three, but they should be able to do a even exchange so u dont lose the promo. What I hate is when doing a exchange, wtf why they need a DL? Its a even swap even with the receipt.

YMMV depending since in my area I get ahole managers.

#1076 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

Easiest way to do it would have probably to get gift receipts for them. Don't know if that would have worked though.

#1077 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Easiest way to do it would have probably to get gift receipts for them. Don't know if that would have worked though.

That should work as long as its not the free item.

#1078 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:50 AM

That should work as long as its not the free item.

Thanks for the advice. 30 day hassle free returns and exchanges right?
Posted Image

#1079 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

Any chance of the 100% trade-in value extending another week?

#1080 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Any chance of the 100% trade-in value extending another week?

Noooooooooooooo chance. :roll: