Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#1141 cheapgamer 23

cheapgamer 23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:59 AM

Can use the buy2 get 1 free with a preorder and 2 games? And when does this expire. Thanks

#1142 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:05 AM

WTF.... my best buy told me they can only PM an item 30 days from the date of purchase; even though I'm a Premier Silver member.

I've never had any problems at this store and the manager who denied my price match (was trying to PM LEGO Batman 2 from $49.99 to Gamestop/Amazon $29.99 (I had purchased it about 6 weeks ago) has always been very lenient.

Not sure how to go about getting this done without making a fuss---I'd rather not piss anyone off as they have been cool about everything else I've tried to do

The manager doesn't know the rules. Taken from https://myrewardzone...silver/benefits

MORE Time. We want you to ensure you love every purchase. So contact the Helpline for help with setup. Or, get a recommendation on an exchange that better fits your needs. Best of all, you have plenty of time to decide with a 60-day return, exchange and price-match policy on Best Buy and BestBuy.com purchases. Enjoy 180 days to use your reward certificates.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#1143 daruler022

daruler022

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:19 AM

Well,I was able to do a return/rebuy for NBA 2K13 today,and got Borderlands 2 and RE6 for 62.XX. Not to shabby.

Now for the Target sale next week where I'll get Dishonored/NFS,WWE '13,and Borderlands 2 to sale to a friend. I'll wait on ACIII to drop.

#1144 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

and when does this expire. Thanks

read.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#1145 sjc1279

sjc1279

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:54 AM

Does bestbuy price match frys.com? There's no frys store in my area and i just PMed amazon at my local best buy. Will they price match frys.com?

#1146 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:41 AM

......I honestly don't know how to even begin to contemplate an answer for this "question"....

That person should think about it or just worded it incorrectly.

#1147 fan_i_am

fan_i_am

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

So is it better to get AC3, Halo4, and BLOPS2 with the $20 cert ($40 value) and hope for a non-Black Friday price drop? Or just wait till BF which will be $30-$35

#1148 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

Can use the buy2 get 1 free with a preorder and 2 games? And when does this expire. Thanks

Expires at the end of the week (Saturday).

Official policy is to NOT allow full preorder payment, so no. Some folks have had success, but I received confirmation from my store's manager that official policy says no.

#1149 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

So is it better to get AC3, Halo4, and BLOPS2 with the $20 cert ($40 value) and hope for a non-Black Friday price drop? Or just wait till BF which will be $30-$35

Well, if you can paid it all in full. $20 each cert. ($60) $20+tax out of pocket
Price amtch if it goes on sale/price drop. So in the end its going to be about the same unless u want all three new releases asap

#1150 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

I'd say it's better to pre-order if you can - you get any pre-order DLC which can offset the price if sold - and then you have pricematch opportunities which could lower the price further. For example:

Dishonored - sold the exclusive DLC ($15), the whale oil lamp ($20), and received the $20 RZGC

With Borderlands 2 & RE6, I also sold the DLC for $15 and received the $20 RZGC and all three went down ~$7 on Amazon at one point last week, so I was able to get it pricematched (online orders via phonecall).

Even if those games go for $30 on Black Friday - which is an if - I still would've come out better.

#1151 lowgear26

lowgear26

Marriage Kills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Did anyone trade in games last night? I went around 6PM and they said they had a nationwide system outage so I couldn't trade.......just wondering if they fixed it?
You Can't handle the Truth.

#1152 cheapgamer 23

cheapgamer 23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Expires at the end of the week (Saturday).

Official policy is to NOT allow full preorder payment, so no. Some folks have had success, but I received confirmation from my store's manager that official policy says no.

thanks

#1153 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Being that AC has dropped every year to at least $40 (non-BF), it is better to buy it as part of the preorder deal. AC will already have a match to $47.99 on first weekend. If you ever buy something again at Best Buy, this is a way better deal than anything BF will give. I promise you that.

As for Halo and CoD... they most likely will hold up. If one budges it will be Halo. The way Activision is, I doubt you will find a good sale on BLOPS2 on BF... they will put MW3 on sale instead; just like last year.

Personally, I am picking them up as part of the $20 RZ preorder deal. IMO this is the best route since I highly doubt Halo/CoD will have a below $40 BF deal; which is what BB is essentially offering at Day 1.

#1154 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Not sure if Best Buy fixed the pre-order thing or not, but tonight I went to attempt to pre-order 2 games and buy a 3rd in stock to get the B2G1. The first store told me they couldn't do pre-orders paid in full. The 2nd store, however, was happy to do it. It required a manager override, though (is that normal?). Pre-ordered Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed 3 at full price and then had the cashier add in a copy of Forza Horizon as well. He totaled it and the order was full price at $191.xx....no free game so I just had them void the transaction. Not sure what happened. The manager had adjusted the prices of the pre-orders manually. Was that how it was supposed to happen?

The B2G1F is not supposed to work with preorders. The thing that has been suggested to me by a local manager is to buy three placeholder games and exchange them one by one when the game I want comes in (as long as it's within the return period).

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1155 dkl415

dkl415

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

New in-store memo says YES. There is a new training module they have to take, it explains how to do it. My guess is they are just there for a paycheck.

Is the yes to prepayment in full?

I just received an email from a my city's general that full prepayment violates the street date, and so is forbidden. Not sure if that's correct or not, but that's the info he sent.

#1156 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

The system back up for trade in store?

#1157 soxxx

soxxx

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

I wish this would include Wii U games damnit. I already have one payed for at Bestbuy and id be willing to get 2 more for $60.

#1158 WTFD4V1D

WTFD4V1D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Yea, I was able to trade like an hour ago.

#1159 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Being that AC has dropped every year to at least $40 (non-BF), it is better to buy it as part of the preorder deal. AC will already have a match to $47.99 on first weekend. If you ever buy something again at Best Buy, this is a way better deal than anything BF will give. I promise you that.

As for Halo and CoD... they most likely will hold up. If one budges it will be Halo. The way Activision is, I doubt you will find a good sale on BLOPS2 on BF... they will put MW3 on sale instead; just like last year.

Personally, I am picking them up as part of the $20 RZ preorder deal. IMO this is the best route since I highly doubt Halo/CoD will have a below $40 BF deal; which is what BB is essentially offering at Day 1.

This is more to Silver members but Target had Black Ops 1 on sale for $39.99 on the week of Christmas. Amazon matched it for the Christmas day as a DOTD also.
Best Buy even dropped it down to $39.99 itself the week after Christmas/New Year's Eve week too iirc. Hopefully the trend continues and we'll be well within the 60 day PM window.

If you're a Silver member you're nuts if you don't preorder anything at Best Buy compared to every other retailer out there.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1160 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Is the yes to prepayment in full?

I just received an email from a my city's general that full prepayment violates the street date, and so is forbidden. Not sure if that's correct or not, but that's the info he sent.

Well technically BB can still do full prepayment on preorders because that's how some stores process midnight releases now. They're trying to ring everybody up at the POS before release date (for midnight launches) to get them out the door by 12:05am.

It's basically like how Gamestop charges you in full before street date.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#1161 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Well damn. I just finished up RE6 and now I'm thinking I should go trade it in and pre-order AC3. I will admit, I have played every version of AC, never completed the story on any, but really enjoyed the MP in Brotherhood and Revelations. AC3 however looks like the story alone is going to be fantastic.

So should I pull the trigger and dump RE6 for AC3?

Edited by krashhole, 27 October 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#1162 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

So should I pull the trigger and dump RE6 for AC3?

That's an easy yes.

#1163 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

That's an easy yes.

Yeah, I figured it was a no brainer. Guess I just need moral support lol. Thanks.

#1164 Butterfly719

Butterfly719

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

The B2G1F is not supposed to work with preorders. The thing that has been suggested to me by a local manager is to buy three placeholder games and exchange them one by one when the game I want comes in (as long as it's within the return period).

I know it isn't supposed to work with pre-orders, but it has been working since at least the summer according to several people who pre-ordered 2 games, bought 1 in-stock in the same transaction and got it free. I'm assuming my store did something wrong regarding the way they modified the pre-order price since it didn't work.

#1165 Evolved

Evolved

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Well technically BB can still do full prepayment on preorders because that's how some stores process midnight releases now. They're trying to ring everybody up at the POS before release date (for midnight launches) to get them out the door by 12:05am.

It's basically like how Gamestop charges you in full before street date.

Yeah, best buy has already charged me for the halo 4 console and blops 2 hardened.

#1166 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

worked for me today.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1167 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Shipping, is it free from Best Buy like on Amazon? I can't remember after not using them for so long.

#1168 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

This is more to Silver members but Target had Black Ops 1 on sale for $39.99 on the week of Christmas. Amazon matched it for the Christmas day as a DOTD also.
Best Buy even dropped it down to $39.99 itself the week after Christmas/New Year's Eve week too iirc. Hopefully the trend continues and we'll be well within the 60 day PM window.

If you're a Silver member you're nuts if you don't preorder anything at Best Buy compared to every other retailer out there.

I believe even last year MW3 dropped to $40 or so the week after xmas so works out for silver members.

edit: It was 39 last year after xmas

#1169 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Shipping, is it free from Best Buy like on Amazon? I can't remember after not using them for so long.

Yes.

#1170 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

might hafta try my luck with the B2G1 with preorders...

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.