Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#91 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

If the TIV's hold until Sunday, would trading in NHL 13 ($27) and NBA 2k 13 ($24) at their current value x 2 and then rebuying them with the credit and snagging a free game make sense? You'd still keep your $20 bonus for preordering NBA, but wouldn't pay much more out of pocket for the deal. Probably too much trouble, and I doubt the values hold besides. Just a thought.

Good idea. I'm positive the trade in values will hold. Best Buy will surely want to give Gamers Club Unlocked members $56.70 for their used copies of NHL 13. I think that's going to work out beautifully.

"I can't tell if he's being sarcastic."

#92 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

So I pre ordered moh to get the 20 so I could buy 2 more games for the deal?

#93 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

After running the numbers, I figured it works best for me is to rebuy 2 copies of BL2 and a Dishonored. Use both my $20 RZ certs to bring to total to around $90.

Then use my original receipts and return all 3 games to get back the $96 total I spent in cash on the originals, and close to $95 back in gift cards.

Seems the easiest way to get the PM done without technicalities and such at CS.

Only thing in my way of getting this done is whether or not my Dishonored $20 cert gets cleared by next week. Given what other silver members are saying, it SHOULD be. Time will tell.

If you use your original receipts to return the games you will have 1000 points deducted from your account for each game...that's if I'm understanding your plan correctly of course. Sorry if I'm not its late and I'm lacking sleep lol...

#94 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

Well I'm taking into account that I already bought RE6 and I intend on keeping it so I would only have to buy two more games for the B2G1.

With this offer the max credit for a free game is $60. If you plan on going through with the $90+$40+$40(free) route, your losing about $20 of that $60 credit to make the most of this offer. That is why buying a game that is more than the $60 amount and not have all 3 games cost the same is not a wise choice. It isn't about intending to keep the game or not, its about taking advantage of the offer to the fullest extent. Just a little advice but its your money and your choice.

#95 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

Yes, no way they would give 56.70 for new releases.

Although I did get $56 for mass effect 2 @ GS a few years ago.

I remember that. I traded so many copies of ME2 because of TRU's system error of B1G1.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#96 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

If you use your original receipts to return the games you will have 1000 points deducted from your account for each game...that's if I'm understanding your plan correctly of course. Sorry if I'm not its late and I'm lacking sleep lol...

Ahh, good point. Dishonored is the only one I got during the promo though...both BL2 were random purchases. I guess my point count would go negative as some had said, but if my Dishonored cert clears in time for this PM opportunity, I could care less...until I use those GC's to pickup Black ops 2 and the $20 cert makes my account even instead of having $20 to spend :'(

#97 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

So I pre ordered moh to get the 20 so I could buy 2 more games for the deal?

• Only if you pre-ordered in-store with the $5 deposit before release.
  • Only if you could get everything onto the same EXCHANGE receipt that contains your refunded $5 deposit.
  • Hope that the B2G1 Free package discount does not void your $20 RZ bonus and considered as "combining offers"
  • Slight chance that MOH can be the FREE game so that might also impact your $20 RZ bonus.
  • Pricematching any games in that package discount might be impossible in the future.
If you read what I wrote and decide to go through with it. Please let us know how it goes cause if it works, it will greatly help us CAGs out in the future.;)

#98 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

They had a B2G1 when NCAA was released. I got the $20 rz cert even though I did the b2g1 deal.

#99 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I'll be picking up Pokemon white and black with moh Plus I pre order in store with 5 bucks and hope to get the 20 cert

#100 sninh

sninh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'll just pre order moh without the b2g1 just to be safe. I might pick up a game my friend got on my rz with the deal and just return it on the old receipt to lower my cost

#101 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

With this offer the max credit for a free game is $60. If you plan on going through with the $90+$40+$40(free) route, your losing about $20 of that $60 credit to make the most of this offer. That is why buying a game that is more than the $60 amount and not have all 3 games cost the same is not a wise choice. It isn't about intending to keep the game or not, its about taking advantage of the offer to the fullest extent. Just a little advice but its your money and your choice.

Yeah I completely understand that but to me it's paying $40 extra compared to paying $80 (if I were to get 3 $39.99 games). I would like to take advantage of doing the B2G1 with all same priced games but I do need to start saving up for Black Friday deals and parts for (hopefully) building a PC in December. So to me that extra $40 would be better spent elsewhere compared to getting another game that I probably won't be able to play until late December anyways.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#102 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:40 AM

I kind of figured this would happen the week before I plan on buying 2 games. Seeing as how I've been doing the $20 RZ Cert promo, I don't know if I can get them to work with me. Bummer.

Edit: I guess I'll just have to use the 60 day PM window I have to its fullest then. Bummer. I really wish this had been ACIII/WWE 13 week.

#103 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

These things are such a joke, but I guess they keep working. By the time you get around to playing the second game, you can probably get all 3 for $40 each anyway. By the time you get around to playing the third game, you can get at least one of them for $20.

I completely agree with this. Everyone's talking about newly released games, when it's usable on any game under $60. I'll be buying some games under $20 with this promo. It's also good for flipping. Perfect time for the 100% TiV to return.

#104 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Good idea. I'm positive the trade in values will hold. Best Buy will surely want to give Gamers Club Unlocked members $56.70 for their used copies of NHL 13. I think that's going to work out beautifully.

"I can't tell if he's being sarcastic."

You'll note where I said the values probably wouldn't hold anyway. But you go ahead and be an ass, if that makes you feel better about yourself.

#105 buffalo

buffalo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

You guys are killing me on all this great deals...lol:-).....guess I will be getting MOH: Warfighter after all for 360, 2 more games hmm probably Dishonored & 007: Legends most likely for 360 also.....thanks for heads up OP!.

#106 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:14 AM

Well, this gives me the chance to score some Wii Selects finally; when TRU does their B1Gwhatever on $20 games they never have both in stock. But what to get for game #3!?
Posted Image

#107 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:15 AM

So if I go in to pick-up my pre-ordered copy of MOH:Warfighter that I put $5.00 down on in-store with my receipt for Dishonored I can pick-up another $60.00 game for free on the spot? I am just fearing that they will do a return/rebuy on Dishonored and I will either lose out on the $20.00 pre-order bonus for it if my points are still pending on it or worse put my RZ account 1000 points in the hole if the points clear buy than.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#108 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Little help, When do you receive your buy 2 get 1 coupon for signing up for gamers unlocked, I signed up 2 months ago and have not received it.

#109 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

Quick question!

I want to buy six games and am pretty impatient. If I bought them today (on two separate transactions to make it easier), would i be able to PM next week and get cash back for one game from each transaction?

Thanks!

#110 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

100 Percent Trade in credit? Hope I can get 40 for Resident Evil 6.
Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#111 bazookajoex9

bazookajoex9

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but why does this exclude PC software?

Am I to assume that PC games and PC software is the same thing?

#112 lds337

lds337

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

Anyway we can get medal of honor as part of the b2g1 and the $20 RZ?

They ran this B2G1 free the same week that NCAA 13 came out back in July. I joined Gamers Unlocked on the Sunday the day the sale started and then I preordered NCAA 13 which came with a $20 rewardzone credit. As the game was coming out on the following Tuesday.

I went into the store with my preorder receipt that week and went to the game section and picked up 2 other new games.

I went to customer service and said I had a preorder and gave them my receipt. She grabbed my copy of the game and I asked if I could buy the other 2 games at the same time and she said no problem. I got the B2G1 free and paid $114.98 ($5 prepaid) plus tax.

I didn't know if I would get the $20 rewardzone credit, and I waited a couple of days to open the games. About 2 days later my rewardzone account reflected the 1,000 points and then I started playing away.

I hope this helps

#113 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:32 PM

I will trade in Borderlands 2 if I can get $54 for it. Probably not going to stay at $27 base, though.

#114 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Might do the same thing I did last year. Ima trade in my copy of RE6, then rebuy another one, black 2, and some other game $35 or less and all I pay is around $60.

#115 JaTaN

JaTaN

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

100 Percent Trade in credit? Hope I can get 40 for Resident Evil 6.

BB trade in promo page shows RE6 at $40 right now

I will trade in Borderlands 2 if I can get $54 for it. Probably not going to stay at $27 base, though.

100% bonus was going on before the current 50% bonus started and BL2 base was $20 x 2 = $40 after promo (they raised it to $27 x 1.5 = $40.50 for the 50% promo)

#116 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Might do the same thing I did last year. Ima trade in my copy of RE6, then rebuy another one, black 2, and some other game $35 or less and all I pay is around $60.

It would make more sense to buy RE6 and the two other games for $120, then use the original receipt to return RE6

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#117 dc delta90

dc delta90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Thirded. Would like to pick up KH3D, Theatrhythm and 3rd undecided game and use the $10 off KH3D coupon.

Nope. @Gamer coupons can be used with sale prices (X game reg price $59.99, on sale for $39.99) but not with offers (buy 2 get the third free).

#118 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

I can virtually guarantee this wont work on preorders AND the 20 dollar cert- would be awesome if I could preorder AC3, Black Ops 2, and get a game free in addition to 40 RZ dollars, but not gonna happen

#119 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

It would make more sense to buy RE6 and the two other games for $120, then use the original receipt to return RE6

So basically its like buy 1 $60 game, get 2 free? Would they allow me to do that?

#120 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

So I still don't think there has been a definitive answer yet..

If you have 3 separate receipts for 3 separate games from the promo, CAN you just go to CS and they PM everything down to around $40 WITHOUT doing a return/rebuy to void out certs?

Even if you paid in odd increments?

My case, for example:

Borderlands 2 - $64.20 cash
Borderlands 2 - $21 cash + $43.20 GC
Dishonored - $11.19 cash + $48.00 GC

I have no idea how they'll split up those amounts in giving me money back if they PM all 3 games. I already know I'm gonna piss of whoever has to deal with me at CS just because I made their day harder..