Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#1171 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Okay scenario: I buy three games using B2G1 free with the intention of returning all three when Halo 4 and Black ops come out. While I hold on to the three games, I see a lower price. I price match get the difference. Do I still get a $59.99 base when I exchange all three games for $59.99?
Posted Image

#1172 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Okay scenario: I buy three games using B2G1 free with the intention of returning all three when Halo 4 and Black ops come out. While I hold on to the three games, I see a lower price. I price match get the difference. Do I still get a $59.99 base when I exchange all three games for $59.99?

NO. You will get back whatever the price match price was, and the third will still be $0. You really don't expect them to price match lets say $40, then turn around and give you $59.99 back? Come on man.

#1173 koruwa

koruwa

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

NO. You will get back whatever the price match price was, and the third will still be $0. You really don't expect them to price match lets say $40, then turn around and give you $59.99 back? Come on man.

lol.... derp

Capitalization is the difference between I helped my uncle Jack off a horse and I helped my uncle jack off a horse.

#1174 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Damn son why errbody tryna rip off BB?...These scheming posts make me LOL. :lol:

#1175 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Damn son why errbody tryna rip off BB?...These scheming posts make me LOL. :lol:

They are always followed by a justification post. Usually something like "I thought this was cheap ass game... Herp"

#1176 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

I'm not trying to rip them off.. I'm just trying to exchange the three games I bought and see if I have to pay the difference.. So either way I am protected from a price drop during my holding/exchange period.

It also sucks that they make you bring back all three games you bought from them to do a straight exchange..
Posted Image

#1177 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Most likely really late to the party here but I noticed the B2G1 worked with the digital add ons they offer. Like BLOPS map pack are B2G1. Just in case noone had mentioned it this week. PS3 only it seems and only certain digital content.

#1178 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

I'm not trying to rip them off.. I'm just trying to exchange the three games I bought and see if I have to pay the difference.. So either way I am protected from a price drop during my holding/exchange period.

It also sucks that they make you bring back all three games you bought from them to do a straight exchange..

If you paid say $130 for 2 new games, take them back next week to PM, they give you the PM price of whatever, then that is what you will get back. Nothing more, nothing less.

And why does it suck by them making you bring back all 3? They GAVE YOU a FREE $60, $50, $40, or whatever the game costs. Why not just wait and get the 2 games you want, instead of going through all the BS?

#1179 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

What also sucks is when BB offers these deals and people try to work around them. You cannot PM if you do the B2G1. And good luck trying to exchange all 3 games for others that release after the deal is over (and not the same day either). Make sure to come back and complain when they don't let you do that.

#1180 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

What also sucks is when BB offers these deals and people try to work around them. You cannot PM if you do the B2G1. And good luck trying to exchange all 3 games for others that release after the deal is over (and not the same day either). Make sure to come back and complain when they don't let you do that.

Did not know that about the PM on B2G1 deal. Makes sense though. Thanks for the info!

#1181 Rav

Rav

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

I just got back from my local Best Buy where I was able to pre-order Assassin's Creed III and WWE '13 and receive Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for free. The cashier had to try the transaction a few different ways, but he ended up making it happen with only tax to be paid on Tuesday :)
Posted Image
Steam/Xfire ->
Spoiler

#1182 guen0ri

guen0ri

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Picked up my Medal of Honor pre-orders (360 & PS3) and got Forza Horizon (360) free :)

Also got a super slick deal and was able to price match the TRU B1G140%OFF...got the Halo 4 controller for the 360 @ $59.99 & the MOGA controller for my Samsung Galaxy Note II @ 40% OFF -> $29.99 !!!
They didn't even have the controller in yet, but shipment arrives this coming week) so he was able to put one on hold for me on the same transaction, so all i have to do is show my receipt at customer service for pick up & will then exchange the 360 controller for something I do want like lets say a game :D

Also tried to do the B2G1 on pre-orders, but the associate was unsuccessful...he said he did it the other day, but today the system wasn't letting him do it...at least he tried for me :-/ Though I wish it would of worked. I was going to get Halo 4, Black Ops II, & Far Cry 3....now I'll have to exchange my Medal of Honors.

#1183 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:41 AM

I believe even last year MW3 dropped to $40 or so the week after xmas so works out for silver members.

edit: It was 39 last year after xmas

Yup thanks for adding that. Since Black Ops was between Treyarch and Activision I thought Black Ops 1 was a good comparison but on the other hand MW3 was just last year so I don't expect the trend to be any different although based on preorders it seems like Black Ops 2 is in for some record setting launch and holiday period.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#1184 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

-people itt already have confirmed that I can do the exchange.
- Best buy employee told me not to open any of the games if I plan to do an exchange for future titles.
- I did the B2G1 and did a price match to get a difference back.. ANY MORE FALSE CLAIMS YOU HAVE TO MAKE?
Posted Image

#1185 3kingdoms

3kingdoms

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:09 AM

Did not know that about the PM on B2G1 deal. Makes sense though. Thanks for the info!

He doesn't know shit. I got a PM after the initial purchase at the service desk. $10.76 paid in cash
Posted Image

#1186 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:30 AM

Went in to BB to trade in Mass Effect 3 and AC Revelations, when the guy said i would be getting $2 for AC Revelations with 100% trade in it kinda made me laugh. Decided to keep it because it's the version with the first AC on disc. Anyways I remembered that i had not used the UPlay passport for Revelations and probably never will. So here it is if anyone needs it (doubt it).

PS3: BKEE-EAN5-BK2Q

#1187 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Well to anyone who was curious, YES, BBY can apparently "de-issue" a RZ cert you're saving if your points go into the negative number...

I didn't get that memo... Went from happily having $45 in certs banked today, to $20
Posted Image

#1188 phoenixlau

phoenixlau

backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Anyways I remembered that i had not used the UPlay passport for Revelations and probably never will. So here it is if anyone needs it (doubt it).

PS3: BKEE-EAN5-BK2Q

Used, thanks! Never played Assassin's Creed multiplayer before...

I upgraded my Infamous 1 and 2 to Infamous Collection, and Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare to Red Dead Redemption GOTY with the Trade-in/B2G1 this week. Overpaid slightly IMO especially without an optimal 3rd, but it was an opportunity to burn off some stockpiled Best Buy credit and reduce shelf space. However, I've got to say that the multi-disc collection cases that Sony has been putting out (e.g. Infamous Collection) are cheap/fragile as hell. I think it's only a matter of time before one of the thin teeth on the middle piece that holds disc 1 breaks off and you just end up with a loose plastic tray inside your case.

Edited by phoenixlau, 28 October 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#1189 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

Well to anyone who was curious, YES, BBY can apparently "de-issue" a RZ cert you're saving if your points go into the negative number...

I didn't get that memo... Went from happily having $45 in certs banked today, to $20

Why did you go negative? Good to know they can take RZ certs away.

-people itt already have confirmed that I can do the exchange.
- Best buy employee told me not to open any of the games if I plan to do an exchange for future titles.
- I did the B2G1 and did a price match to get a difference back.. ANY MORE FALSE CLAIMS YOU HAVE TO MAKE?

I think you were just lucky, I tried PMing a B2G1 Free back in August and got denied since its double dipping on 2 offers. Unless you can guarantee everybody's BB can offer a PM on B2G1 promos aircobra was not making any false claims.

#1190 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

How do your points go into a negative number?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1191 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

How do your points go into a negative number?

I would assume this is due using points for certs and then having points rescinded. In this case I assume it was 1000 for returning a game from the GCU promo.

#1192 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:18 AM

Posted Image

#1193 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

He doesn't know shit. I got a PM after the initial purchase at the service desk. $10.76 paid in cash

Your experience is just YMMV, as not everyone will be able to PM as it is double dipping. Stop claiming you know all and that the stuff you do is able to be done nationwide. It's people like you that cause these idiotic questions to be asked 5 times a page.

#1194 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

I would assume this is due using points for certs and then having points rescinded. In this case I assume it was 1000 for returning a game from the GCU promo.

Yea, it was my Dishonored copy. I thought I heard several people say that once you issued points into a cert they couldn't do shit. Apparently it was if you SPENT the cert before their system could update your profile.

Guess I should've done that hehe...although there was nothing I needed at the moment. Kinda disappointed though...that $45 and that $20 were gonna pay off my BLOPS 2 copy. Oh well, I still have $90ish on a gift card I can use.
Posted Image

#1195 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yea, it was my Dishonored copy. I thought I heard several people say that once you issued points into a cert they couldn't do shit. Apparently it was if you SPENT the cert before their system could update your profile.

Guess I should've done that hehe...although there was nothing I needed at the moment. Kinda disappointed though...that $45 and that $20 were gonna pay off my BLOPS 2 copy. Oh well, I still have $90ish on a gift card I can use.

Even if you spend it your points will go to a negative balance.

Ie they gave you 1000 and you spent it then returned the game. Your account would be -1000. This doesn't always show as -1000, but instead 0. That point total will stay at 0 until the1,000 is payed back.

#1196 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

Even if you spend it your points will go to a negative balance.

Ie they gave you 1000 and you spent it then returned the game. Your account would be -1000. This doesn't always show as -1000, but instead 0. That point total will stay at 0 until the1,000 is payed back.

Wow, didn't know that.
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#1197 Grimms

Grimms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Quick question? I went ahead and did the B2G1 Free deal (All $59.99 games) and two of the games I bought were placeholders. So when I go back, to return all three games and do exchanges on two of the games, do I still get to keep the free game? Forza Horizon is the $0 (Free game and the one I wanted to keep).

#1198 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

You only need to bring the games you want to exchange

#1199 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

Wait a minute, could I exchange one of the B2G1 games for WWE 13 this week? My credit card and the RZ gives me better money at BB. Else I was just going to go to Target.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#1200 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Traded in 5 games yesterday. Picked up Batman Lego 2, Doom 3, and Spec Ops the line. All for 360 and all were $39.99 each. I also pre-ordered AC3.