Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 10/21-10/27 - B2G1 Free Games $59.99 And Below - 100% Trade Credit Back

• Please log in to reply
1215 replies to this topic

#181 XxLady_AthenaxX

XxLady_AthenaxX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Quick question regarding this and one of the Gamer's Club promos, specifically the $20 off Tekken Tag Tournament 2:

Let's say I wanted to get Borderlands 2 for $60, TTT2 for $60, and get Sleeping Dogs free... now, would I be able to toss that coupon in so the grand total would be $100 + tax instead of $120 + tax?

Or, would BB instead see TTT2 as $40 and make that the free game, seeing as it'd be the lowest priced gamed? I really hope it's not this...

Edited by XxLady_AthenaxX, 17 October 2012 - 10:13 PM.
bad math...

Show me a bored mind and I'll show you a mind that lacks innovation.

#182 Rav

Rav

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Most likely going to pick up Forza Horizon and Medal of Honor: Warfighter on Tuesday, but I'm not sure which free game to choose. Maybe something on Vita.
Posted Image
Steam/Xfire ->
Spoiler

#183 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

This happens a week too early since I want Most Wanted Vita.

Is it usually a problem to exchange a game for another with these deals?

Once again, it shouldn't really be a problem as long...

1. You don't try to exchange the free game.
2. The game you are exchanging is the same price. (ie: $59.99 game for $59.99 game)

Of course this all depends on what CS is instructed to do, whether a prompt on the register or something from corporate.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#184 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

At they very least I'll bite on some $19.99 titles...3 for $40 sounds great. Only thing I dont know yet is if I'll bite on 3 $60 games (Borderlands 2 is the only definite I'd grab, torn on the other possibilities right now). Gonna be tough to figure out.

#185 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

To anyone who is only returning/rebuying game in the promo and worried about losing the certs, it really benefits to just go ahead and do it if its 2 or less games.

Sure you may be losing out on one or two $20 certs, but you're basically getting $20 off each title you already bought. And if you already have some of your certs cleared, and use them on this B2G1 before you return the "scapegoat" copies, you come out even cheaper.

Were I to not do anything next week...I'd end up with only $40 in certs I plan to use on Black Ops 2, leaving me to pay $24.20 difference out of pocket.

Were I to return/rebuy the games next week, I could use onlyONE $20 cert to make my total paid after refunds on the originals only $11.61 cash out of pocket, and I would end up having a $91.20 GC, and one more $20 cert left in my account.

Sure they may make my account go in the negatives, but I'll come out even again after i pick BLOPS2 and get that 1000 points, and I'd still have close to $50 on a GC.

Bigger picture..

#186 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Well there's egg on my face.

I went through the effort of price matching TRUs deal last week (buy two get a 50.00 giftcard). I bought two copies of Dishnored, and planned on trading one in.

Well, looks like I should have waited. Now the question is do I take my chances and wait for the 100% bonus to trade in my second copy of Dishonored? I guess I'll take my chances.

The only nice thing is I can use the the trade credit and 50.00 gift card on Halo and BLOPS2 instead if buying two games I don't need right now.

seanr1221.png

#187 bornbuckeye

bornbuckeye

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:16 PM

If you are going to trade Dishonored, I would do it now. Base is $27.50 which comes out to $43.20 with GCU. Even at 100%, I would figure them to drop the trade value to at least $20. $42 with GCU. That's if they drop the value to $20 and not $18 which I feel they may do.

#188 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Highest value is $20 so yeah trade it in now. People see 100% and think its a better deal, but don't factor longer game is out lower TIV.

Borderlands 2 was $20 with 100% promo which now 27 so you actually get an extra $1.20 with 50% promo.

#189 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Yeah good point.

seanr1221.png

#190 drakma676

drakma676

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:00 AM

Woohoo 100% is back. Last round I got $500 store credit from flipping games. The pawn shop in my town has 3ds games for $7 each and was able to pick up Mario 3d land Mario kart and Zelda 3d for $$7 and all newer games are $15 no matter what. Hope to score again

#191 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

No, that should only be true if you return the free game.

If someone buys say...Borderlands 2, Dishonored, and Resident Evil 6 and Borderlands 2 rings up as free, you should be able to exchange Resident Evil 6 and Dishonored for same priced items and should be okay. If you just wanted a refund on the two games you actually paid for, then they would deduct the refund amount from those games to put on the game you got for "free" since the return invalidate the promo.

Of course that all depends if Best Buy would allow it.

Best Buy policy is to retun the package and re-ring out the games you keep; in that case losing your free game and paying full price for both titles. In other words, swaps are only going to work during the promotional period.

Now it is time for me to pick up the God of War Saga. Hmm... what do I want to pair with it...

#192 Madmartigan86

Madmartigan86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:14 AM

Id really like to get 3 vita games for this sale. However one of the games I want (new little kings story) is download only. I'm not sure if best buy sells dd titles in store or on its website. So my questions would be does best buy sell digital download games? And if so would they count for the sale? Thanks for any help.

#193 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Id really like to get 3 vita games for this sale. However one of the games I want (new little kings story) is download only. I'm not sure if best buy sells dd titles in store or on its website. So my questions would be does best buy sell digital download games? And if so would they count for the sale? Thanks for any help.

In OP:

B2G1 Free - good on 360, PS3, Vita, DS, 3DS and Wii games $59.99 and below *excludes all Skylander Products, PC Software, Digital Downloads and Pre-Owned Games

Edit: to further answer your question, you should be able to print out a slip at the video game kiosk in-store and if you take it to a cashier they can scan it and sell you the game (which is a code on the receipt you would put in to the PSN/XBL/etc).

Edited by Alkalinejoe, 18 October 2012 - 01:34 AM.

Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#194 ShadowedAsh

ShadowedAsh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Quick question. I just recently got my welcome package to the Gamer's Club Unlocked. Noticed the coupon for B2G1 on games $39.99 or lower. I bought Dishonored yesterday and wouldn't mind picking up Assassin's Creed 3, XCOM or 007 Legends and getting DOOM 3 BFG for free. If I just bring in my receipt and the coupon, will the coupon still work or no?

#195 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

I'm curious, why are people thinking they can get, say, AC3 with this? AC3 comes out the week after, no?

#196 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:56 AM

Anyone looking at getting Doom BFG Ed, I've heard it's worse of a port package than the Silent Hill HD collection

Kinda disappointed myself since I never played Doom 3 and wanted to with this game.

#197 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:04 AM

God of war collection (5Games),Doom BFG, and Collector's Soulcalibur5 for 39.99 each Not bad at all... Cant wait for the 21st.

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#198 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:07 AM

Damn the games I want dont come out until november!
Posted Image

#199 Ceol_CAG

Ceol_CAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Just scoured the thread and since I didn't see anything, I thought I'd ask... does anyone know if the B2G1 includes clearance games? I know the OP doesn't say they're excluded, but there are some nicely discounted titles at one of the Best Buys near me that I had my eyes on, and that sounds too good to be true...

#200 scottyd88

scottyd88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

Damn the games I want dont come out until november!

Haha, same here. I'd be all over this with Black Ops 2 and Halo 4. Not an Assassin's Creed Fan and I already have Borderlands 2. Thinking about Medal of Honor, Dishonored, and Xcom but those weren't really $60 buys for me. The last Medal of Honor was really terrible so I'm skeptical about all the hype.

#201 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:44 AM

Haha, same here. I'd be all over this with Black Ops 2 and Halo 4. Not an Assassin's Creed Fan and I already have Borderlands 2. Thinking about Medal of Honor, Dishonored, and Xcom but those weren't really $60 buys for me. The last Medal of Honor was really terrible so I'm skeptical about all the hype.

Haha yep! I was thinking Black Ops 2, Need for Speed and AC3. But lets pray for nice prices for black friday!
Posted Image

#202 argyle

argyle

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

Best Buy policy is to retun the package and re-ring out the games you keep; in that case losing your free game and paying full price for both titles. In other words, swaps are only going to work during the promotional period.

Not only that, but the way BB rings up these promos there will be no "free" game - they will average the price across all 3 so they will show on the receipt as $40/each. They do this to prevent return abuse. So if you return one the week after the sale, you'll get $40 back & still owe $20 on a $60 game.
Posted Image

#203 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:18 AM

Quick question. I just recently got my welcome package to the Gamer's Club Unlocked. Noticed the coupon for B2G1 on games $39.99 or lower. I bought Dishonored yesterday and wouldn't mind picking up Assassin's Creed 3, XCOM or 007 Legends and getting DOOM 3 BFG for free. If I just bring in my receipt and the coupon, will the coupon still work or no?

All 3 games have to be $40 or under for that - how would that work with brand new games?
Posted Image

#204 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

All 3 games have to be $40 or under for that - how would that work with brand new games?

For the welcome packet coupon, pretty sure only the free game has to be $39.99 and under.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#205 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

This is off topic, but this is probably the most active thread. About when do the BF ads start to leak? I was here last year but for the life of me don't remember. I want to get a Wii and if there isn't anything that much better, I'lll get it for 130 once the price drops. Good chance retailers don't focus much on the Wii, as it is pretty much done. Si I'd like to get an idea of what to expect BF

So when would they start rolling in?

#206 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Heck yea BB succeds where TRU failed. By TRU nice knowing you.

#207 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

Already picked up BL2 and Dishonored. I might pick up MOH as well. Tempted to try and take part of the B2G1 somehow. I used my 20cert from BL2 on Dishonored, but my Dishonored cert is pending.

#208 neworleans7

neworleans7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

I guess I'll be returning and rebuying Pokemon White 2 along with getting MoH & either Pokemon Black/Black 2 or Doom 3....decisions.

#209 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

100% Trade In Credit on any game - does this mean 100% extra on trades?

#210 Xerxes

Xerxes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Street Fighter x Tekken
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
People who still have ECA codes are why we can't have nice things... :shame: