- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3001 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

Might do Metro for $10. Worth it?

I would say so if you want to play the game. Brand new is about $25 and used is $15.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3002 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Going to buy Metro 2033 and just pretend I bought it from the Microsoft Store for $10.

zantar45.jpg

#3003 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I would say so if you want to play the game. Brand new is about $25 and used is $15.

I want to play it if it's good. I checked prices elsewhere and saw that it was a good deal, I just don't want to get it if it's crap.

#3004 boris1

boris1

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

metro is awesome rented it kinda want to buy it to play again

#3005 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Metro 2033 is more than worth it if you like FPS with a good story. It has a Bioshock feel but with like a Fallout 3 / post apocalyptic setting. I really enjoyed it.

#3006 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Same here. I'm kinda disappointed, but I can't wait for next week.

Edit: Actually I picked up Darksiders for 800 MSP!

I got Darksiders for 800 in the last THQ sale, great game, really worth it. Preparing for when they decide to do a sale on Darksiders II.

#3007 VersionJ

VersionJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

I was on the fence about darksiders during the last sale, but this time I feel I should bite. If it were in stock on gohastings I would get it there, and eBay fluctuates more toward 15$ (probably more if I start bidding :/ ) I have this thing about buying a GoD that has a physical counterpart. Do I want the ability to liquidate it in the future after I 100% it, or do I buy the digital copy for my kids to play 10 years down the road?

#3008 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Might do Metro for $10. Worth it?

Easily.

#3009 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

You all convinced me. I'm downloading Metro. If this game sucks, I'm going to write such a nasty post at you your heads will spin!

#3010 boris1

boris1

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

ur gona love it 1 of my favorite games the endings all trippy too

#3011 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

That THQ sale is alright, as I've gotten everything I'd want way before this. It would've been nice to see older GoDs go on sale for $5-$10 along with this newer stuff.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3012 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

I do hope for some 400 MSP GoD again that was awesome...

#3013 boris1

boris1

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I do hope for some 400 MSP GoD again that was awesome...

fable 3 ur 3rd most played game lol what did you do in it for so long

#3014 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

What's the difference between LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars?

I can't wait for the LEGO sale, I feel like a little kid again! But this is only if they are 800 MSP ($10.) If they are 1200 MSP ($15) then I will cry and not buy any of them.

I'm also definitely going to get Sonic Adventure 2. If Toy Story 3 is 800 MSP then I will get that also. I've never played The Walking Dead, but obviously I'm going to get the game for free and if I like it, I will get the other episodes, which will probably be 200 MSP each.

#3015 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

What's the difference between LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga and LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars?

The Complete Saga consists of the first two Star Wars Lego games.

#3016 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Thank you, I didn't know that #lol

I decided my order of priority to get the LEGO games since I obviously won't be able to afford all of them:

1. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
2. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
3. LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
4. LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues
5. LEGO Batman
6. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
7. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

#3017 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I thought Metro 2033 was largely mediocre and the story was laughable. I spent half the game tied to slow moving Russians. When it finally let me off the leash, it was good when it wasn't CoD with terrible stealth.

That said, it's not a bad game for $10. There is some neat moments here and there. Of course, if you have a good PC you can get it for next to nothing but that's not always possible.

How on earth did I manage to buy UFC 3 right so that it dropped after my return window closed?

Saints Row DLC is terrible. I stand by that. The SR3 DLC isn't a COMPLETE waste of time so long as you acknowledge you're not buying anything good but that's because I find that Sad Panda homey you get hot.

Yeah, that's really the only thing that makes me say something nice about that pack. Two more Genki shooter levels? I guess those are the most fun in SR3 but... eugh... Nothing else in any of that DLC was good
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#3018 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

fable 3 ur 3rd most played game lol what did you do in it for so long

Haven't even really satrted yet ;D and it's only the most played game by raptr...but I'm not that long member of raptr neither do I track all my games all the time..I'm pretty sure I spent more time in some games like gears 2, blue dragon, eternal sonata or lost odysse before even using raptr lol

#3019 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Haven't even really satrted yet ;D and it's only the most played game by raptr...but I'm not that long member of raptr neither do I track all my games all the time..I'm pretty sure I spent more time in some games like gears 2, blue dragon, eternal sonata or lost odysse before even using raptr lol

Same here, honestly I put more hours into Fallout 3 and all its dlc than my Raptr top 3 games combined lol.

#3020 boris1

boris1

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Same here, honestly I put more hours into Fallout 3 and all its dlc than my Raptr top 3 games combined lol.

lol another fable 3 most played this time 2nd whos got fable 3 as their 1st most played lol

#3021 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

How do you guys get that Raptr signature?
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
My game plays:
Posted Image

#3022 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:06 AM

How do you guys get that Raptr signature?

You have to have a raptr account with your xbox live account linked with it, then go to your settings and you'll see a signatures link. Go there then pick the one you like!

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#3023 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

You have to have a raptr account with your xbox live account linked with it, then go to your settings and you'll see a signatures link. Go there then pick the one you like!

Thanks! I wish there was more options though :(
My game plays:
Posted Image

#3024 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

I decided my order of priority to get the LEGO games since I obviously won't be able to afford all of them:

5. LEGO Batman

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe LEGO Indiana Jones 2 is a rerelease of the first one with the 4th movie added in. Basically you can buy that and skip the original release.

#3025 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

a bit off topic, but is raptr just a game tracking service? I guess I only play 360, so what benefit do I get from signing up? I assume it will be able to import all of my achievements and games played.

#3026 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe LEGO Indiana Jones 2 is a rerelease of the first one with the 4th movie added in. Basically you can buy that and skip the original release.

Wrong. LEGO Indiana Jones 2 covers all four movies with all-new levels for the first three, so it's a new game beyond what the original had.

http://en.wikipedia....nture_Continues

If you care more about the original movies, then the original is the better purchase since you get more levels for those movies with more of a bigger focus on them.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3027 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Lego Indiana Jones 2 is also really bad compared to the first one.

#3028 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:16 AM

5. LEGO Batman

Lego Indiana Jones 2 is also really bad compared to the first one.

This is correct. I would bump Lego Indiana Jones 2 to the very bottom of the list. Unless you really like Indiana Jones 4, I'd say go with the original game and you'll be a lot happier.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#3029 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

a bit off topic, but is raptr just a game tracking service? I guess I only play 360, so what benefit do I get from signing up? I assume it will be able to import all of my achievements and games played.

Well it's tracking your achievements and games across all platforms is just one thing..and yes they do carry over and you can compare yourself with your friends and others...BUT raptr is also a community AND has a reward system, they gave out Minecraft, The Maw & R-Type and even Joe Danger 2 for Xbox until now. and many other things but mostly for PC-Gamers.

If that is benefit enough sign up, it's free ;) oh yeah there's also a desktop app which is quite more useful then just the site itself...I can't say anthing bad about it and they keep on improving.

#3030 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Some NeoGAF person is saying these are the missing deals/days:

Games on Demand (18-31)
Rock Band 3 GonD
Bully 360 GonD

December 22nd
Tony Hawk

December 26th
Counter-Strike: GO

Seems a little light to me compared to the rest of the sale, but who knows. If this is legit, hopefully there's more to it than this.

mwb1138.gif