XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3061 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I believe you press X or Y on your Xbox controller to make it change to microsoft points instead of $.

Hey Thanks It was in the Op under a spoiler tag must of missed it.

#3062 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Oh now I noticed the error...the sales on 12/20 should be on 12/21 (which is missing in this list) the real sales for 12/20 were:

20th: Platformer Games
http://marketplace.x....20-platformers

• Fez
  • HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
  • Sonic Adventure™ 2
  • Rayman® Origins [ GoD]
  • Rayman 3 HD
  • Mark of the Ninja
  • Trine 2

anybody want to correct this on the first page? I know I could do it myself but I don't want to mess up with the OP lol

#3063 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Sonic Adventure 2 is only going to be on sale for one day instead of the whole 2 weeks?

I've only played Rayman on the GBA, so I might get Rayman Origins, but only if I'm convinced enough that I will ilke it.

#3064 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Bully has been $15 since November 5, according to XBLDB. I think that was a permanent price drop.

Heres hoping It's on sale for $5 :)

#3065 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

anybody want to correct this on the first page? I know I could do it myself but I don't want to mess up with the OP lol

I'm in your OP, makin' all the changes that folks are griping about.
Done with edits ... I've added the THQ Publisher sale, as well as the rumored titles to fill in the Countdown's TBD's, since they feel "about right" to me as well.

As for "Bully", I'm leaving it in for the rest of 2012 (at least until it's confirmed for the Countdown), since it's a very rare title, and I'm unsure if folks know it's still available via GoD. You'll see I moved the GoD section down past the "Misc. Sales" section (and renamed it "More Sales") so that the placement & importance is de-emphasized. I also removed several of the GoD markdowns, since they're either easily obtainable ... or yes, those are now the MSRP's on Amazon/GameStop. "UFC Personal Trainer" may very well be a permanent markdown, but GameStop still has it for $30, and the combo-pack @ GameStop is still a way-better deal than buying UFC 3 and UFC Personal Trainer separately ... and THQ is so wonky these days with their desperate cash-grab. :lol:

Edited by Cornelius, 16 December 2012 - 12:28 AM.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#3066 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

I might get Rayman Origins, but only if I'm convinced enough that I will ilke it.

You should buy it ONLY if you can answer yes to these questions three:

1. Do you have a friend or two or three (not small children or wives who suck at video games) who you can play it couch co-op with?

2. Do you enjoy laughing at yourself for doing the same stupid mistakes over and over until you finally get through a level?

3. Do you mind not getting 100% everything in a game and just having fun doing the best you can? (even if it means not seeing the true ending/final levels?)

The level of difficulty is brutally hard but tolerable with multiplayer. If one player dies they float in a balloon bubble until another player saves (touches) him. If you're playing single-player, ever single cheap, stupid, frequent, rage-inducing death means starting the albeit short level over.

I had a blast (and a laugh) playing it co-op, but I know better than to touch the game on my own.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#3067 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

I'm in your OP, makin' all the changes that folks are griping about.
Done with edits ...

Nice work, but the deals on the 20th and 21st still need to be fixed.

Thursday 20th - Platformers (Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Sonic Adventure 2, etc.)

Friday 21st - Rockstar Games

I would do it myself, but like the other guy, don't want to Fuck anything up.

mwb1138.gif

#3068 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Regarding the general awareness of Games on Demand, I don't know if anyone here knows about it, or will give a shit, but Wikipedia has a comprehensive table list of every GOD title, along with release date, price, and download size.

http://en.wikipedia....Games_on_Demand

I've been the primary editor of this list for the last couple of years and do my best to keep it updated with new releases and price drops.

mwb1138.gif

#3069 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

That's a pretty handy list because it includes the size of each game. Nice work MWB.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3070 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

Well, I wasn't trying to fish for compliments, but thanks. There's also a similar list of XBLA games that I sometimes work on, along with a few other people.

http://en.wikipedia....ve_Arcade_games

No sizes on that one, though, sorry. ;)

mwb1138.gif

#3071 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

I just wanted to say that I bought The Walking Dead Collector Edition as I hadn't played any of the games or read the comics so i thought this would be a major win-win. I just want to say I wish I didn't.

All 5 episodes come on a disc format which would be great, but for some reason you don't have the install option (I checked at least 3 times) so you have to play it from the disc which I haven't done since the install option became available. It's loud and loads slow with lag hiccups when a scene is transitioning. I don't recommend the disc format at all. Besides with the first episode being free during the Christmas sale if they do the usual 50% off then the entire series will cost you only 800 points which would be an incredible deal.

As for the comic well, it is an exclusive version for this collectors edition only, but it comes as a heavy gigantic unwieldy softcover tome of the first 48 comics. It's seriously colossal and not fun at all to hold. I really wish they'd broken it up a bit to make it easier to read.

So, I really just wanted to give people a heads up that if you're considering getting the disc, don't, skip it and get them on sale on Xbox Live and also just buy the comics separately or in smaller tomes.

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#3072 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Sounds to me like you didn't know what you were buying when you bought it. For what it's worth, the game had some pretty bad framerate hiccups regardless of what format you play it on, at least on PS3. There were plenty of times where severe lag kicked in, especially during scene transitions and loading sequences.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3073 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

Sounds to me like you didn't know what you were buying when you bought it. For what it's worth, the game had some pretty bad framerate hiccups regardless of what format you play it on, at least on PS3. There were plenty of times where severe lag kicked in, especially during scene transitions and loading sequences.

I also found many framerate issues and plenty of lag during scene transitions when I played through it on PS3. It sounds like the disc version is just as sloppy as the downloaded one. I enjoyed the game and all but I am a fan of the books. If I wasn't, the many technical issues in the game could have easily turned me off to it.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#3074 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

How the hell was I supposed to know it wouldn't have an install option? On the tome perhaps, but I was just giving others a heads up, I didn't ask for a side of sass. :roll:

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#3075 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

How the hell was I supposed to know it wouldn't have an install option? On the tome perhaps, but I was just giving others a heads up, I didn't ask for a side of sass. :roll:

No one asks for sass, it comes freely. Thanks for heads up btw, was thinking about the disc version. Looks like the walking dead is mine for this sale.

#3076 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

The Walking Dead disc is just like any of the other XBLA compilation discs in that they can't be installed. I was in for the disc version too until I read about it the other day. Now I'll just grab them all during the sale.

It would be nice if they included download codes with the compilation discs, but for whatever reason they don't or can't.

mwb1138.gif

#3077 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

How the hell was I supposed to know it wouldn't have an install option? On the tome perhaps, but I was just giving others a heads up ... :roll:

No sassing here! I'll say that if the game were available as 5 separate XBLA games (rather than episode 1 and 4 add-ons), then it might've been possible to download the games as trial-versions, and play them from the HDD. You see, as long as the system can find the XBLA file available "somewhere" with DRM within the file that enables "full-mode" play, then the trial version on your HDD will launch with the full game available. Try this with a few compilation discs (like "Namco Museum"), and you'll find the trial version on your HDD will suddenly launch as a full-title.

But that's not how "Walking Dead" runs ... since it's a single XBLA title with 4 addons. :-(

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#3078 chapnis

chapnis

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

No sassing here! I'll say that if the game were available as 5 separate XBLA games (rather than episode 1 and 4 add-ons), then it might've been possible to download the games as trial-versions, and play them from the HDD. You see, as long as the system can find the XBLA file available "somewhere" with DRM within the file that enables "full-mode" play, then the trial version on your HDD will launch with the full game available. Try this with a few compilation discs (like "Namco Museum"), and you'll find the trial version on your HDD will suddenly launch as a full-title.

But that's not how "Walking Dead" runs ... since it's a single XBLA title with 4 addons. :-(

So if I get the Trials HD, Splosion Man and LIMBO XBLA trials then they should run as full versions because I've played them on a disc?

#3079 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

I thought that serious Sam was going to be on special or did that go away?

#3080 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

This is interesting. I have Namco Museum, but haven't played it. So do I play the dic version first then install the trial or the other way around?

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3081 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:54 AM

I thought that serious Sam was going to be on special or did that go away?

It's still next week's DOTW, it's just not in the OP and has been largely overshadowed here by the upcoming holiday specials.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#3082 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:33 AM

When do prices usually leak? I bet the LEGO games are going to be 800 MSP, but I want to know now!

#3083 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Quick question was thinking about buying Saints Row 2 is there anyway to use Microsoft points or do I need to actually pay the ten dollars ?

I'm gonna start taking a shot every time this question is asked. :beer:

1. Do you have a friend or two or three (not small children or wives who suck at video games) who you can play it couch co-op with?

2. Do you enjoy laughing at yourself for doing the same stupid mistakes over and over until you finally get through a level?

3. Do you mind not getting 100% everything in a game and just having fun doing the best you can? (even if it means not seeing the true ending/final levels?)

The level of difficulty is brutally hard but tolerable with multiplayer. If one player dies they float in a balloon bubble until another player saves (touches) him. If you're playing single-player, ever single cheap, stupid, frequent, rage-inducing death means starting the albeit short level over.

I had a blast (and a laugh) playing it co-op, but I know better than to touch the game on my own.

Rayman Origins? I didn't think it was all that hard at all in single player. I didn't 100% it, but I think I easily could have. The only thing that could have possibly caused problems were the speed runs.

When do prices usually leak? I bet the LEGO games are going to be 800 MSP, but I want to know now!

For the daily deals, if it's like previous years, more than likely we won't know the prices until the day the sales go live. Please be patient.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3084 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:40 AM

Got bored, did a little OP tweaking. Insignificant nitpicking that you may safely ignore:

* When listing a substantial amount of DLC for one particular game - examples currently in the OP including Tropico 4, Saints Row the Third, and others - I don't think it's entirely necessary to preface every single bit of content with the name of the game it accompanies (Tropico 4 - Junta, Tropico 4 - Modern Times, etc.) just because the header usually is sufficient clarification. Yeah, someone will inevitably need a seemingly obvious point clarified, but I don't think it's ever been a problem in this regard. I am aware much of this stems from copy-pasting from XBLDB or Xbox.com. It's not a big deal at all, I just prefer keeping it light wherever feasible.

* One thing I don't agree with is slipping in remarks over the merit of DLC (or whatever else) in the OP itself, as has been done with Tropico 4 currently and other content in the past. I don't dislike it enough to edit it out, but I do think those matters should be left to discussion in the thread and not decided on by whoever wants to edit the OP. I do think Metacritic links are informative and worthwhile (Natural Selection II fiasco aside...), though of course this is not always viable for DLC. I also totally support including links to better/comparable deals in the OP, as being cheap is in the spirit of the site.

Just my two cents :) Keep on keeping on, fellow OP editors.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#3085 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

I was going to get TWD on disc but heard horrible reviews containing lots of bugs the download versions haven't encountered...the retail version is under heavy attack..maybe I will get the downloads then

also thanks for updating the OP Cornelius!

#3086 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

i don't consider myself to be that good at video games, i did not find rayman to be overly challenging playing single player

i would say the difficulty was fair, nothing compared to the difficulty of donkey kong country returns

#3087 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

i'm confused by the part of the post that list sonic 4 episode 2. it doesn't have a price or mention anything specific. does anyone know if it will be less than 1200 points?

#3088 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

^I do. :)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3089 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

i'm confused by the part of the post that list sonic 4 episode 2. it doesn't have a price or mention anything specific. does anyone know if it will be less than 1200 points?

not much of a sale if it's not less than 1200 msp
nothing has been officially spoiled but someone found some pages on xbox.com listing those sales but with current prices I assume most games will be between 33 - 50 % off

#3090 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Anyone know if Warp has been on sale recently?
I really hope it goes on sale, it's a fun and charming game to play that's also sometimes really difficult.