XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3121 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Wasn't there an app you had to get Haunt through, but you had to have Kinect to use the app?

Yes, you're right. Haunt appeared through Kinect Central which, I believe, only appears on your dash when you have your Kinect plugged in.
Posted Image

#3122 nCogNeato

nCogNeato

"Mr Neato" if you're nasty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yes, you're right. Haunt appeared through Kinect Central which, I believe, only appears on your dash when you have your Kinect plugged in.

I confirm this.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3123 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Day late and dollar short, but I confirm that too. I remember because I couldn't get it because I didn't have Kinect at the time.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3124 disilluzion

disilluzion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yes, Haunt required Kinect to be connected; Wreckateer was free for all.

I traded some worthless Minecraft skins for Haunt, even though I have no Kinect. I refuse to buy it until it's under $50.

#3125 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

No, you didn't need to own a Kinect to get previous free games Haunt and Wreckateer. You won't need to own one to get Kinect Party. Also, we ask questions with question marks. ;)

If you're going to be pompous, you could at least be accurate.
;)

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#3126 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Just realized that LEGO Star Wars TCS is $30... I really hope it will be 800 MSP or I will be so pissed, as this will ruin my plans. You can find it retail for like $15-20, so I don't understand that price, but then again all GoD games are ripoffs, like Skyrim digital is still $60.

#3127 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

Just realized that LEGO Star Wars TCS is $30... I really hope it will be 800 MSP or I will be so pissed, as this will ruin my plans. You can find it retail for like $15-20, so I don't understand that price, but then again all GoD games are ripoffs, like Skyrim digital is still $60.

I was tempted to get BL2 when I saw its coming to GoD soon, but then I remembered it'll surely be $60, so why bother? I love having long games available digitally, but I won't even buy retail games at full price. Why would I buy a digital version for $60?

#3128 boris1

boris1

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

mw3 was $40 the first week it came on demand that was a good deal

#3129 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

XBLDB picked up MW3 GoD dropping to half off ($30). Maps are still full price, though the sale isn't supposed to begin until tomorrow.

#3130 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

I was tempted to get BL2 when I saw its coming to GoD soon, but then I remembered it'll surely be $60, so why bother? I love having long games available digitally, but I won't even buy retail games at full price. Why would I buy a digital version for $60?

if you stocked up on MSP with the kmart coupon glitch the past month then it would be worth it ;)

#3131 Masters_93

Masters_93

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

As I was looking through the Sale list for XBLA this holiday (not on this site), I noticed they left the 22nd slot empty (it's rumoured here).

Is it just comical irony to show people that the world's not ending? :lol: :applause:

#3132 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

you can snag skyrim digital on ebay for sub $20, after xmas im hoping for sub $15 and Ill bite.

The newest, lego clone wars is supposed to be great and refined from the rest of the series, but i got stuck on the demo not knowing what the Fuck to do next. anyone own this game and think its worth it (even though we dont know prices yet)?

#3133 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'm just going to wait for the GOTY version of Skyrim. When it's released, isn't it usually $20-30 instead of full price?

Also I ordered a music album like a month ago that never got here and Amazon refunded me around $10, so more MSP for me! :)

#3134 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm just going to wait for the GOTY version of Skyrim. When it's released, isn't it usually $20-30 instead of full price?

Amazon originally sold the Fallout 3 GOTY at $60 and the New Vegas Collection at $50.

#3135 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Also I ordered a music album like a month ago that never got here and Amazon refunded me around $10, so more MSP for me!

GOTY's are usually $60 or close, It will drop in price but FO:NV complete is still about $20, dont expect a Skyrim GOTY till next year winter or so, and to find it at $20-30 will be about 2014... Id rather bite the bullet and just get it now then deprive myself of a great game just to wait 2 years...

#3136 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Remember GOTY's are usually for when interest has died down and sales slow, I'm suprised the skyrim dlc got discounted so much already, oblivion took FOREVER to go on sale with worse dlc... Horse armor...

#3137 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I'm fine with waiting for a Skyrim GOTY because I got the Oblivion GOTY a while back when it was a lightning deal for $10, and obviously I'm not done with it and I'm sure it will be so long until I lose interest in it. I also got the Fallout 3 GOTY so that will also keep me busy.

#3138 chipper_95

chipper_95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Man I hope that rumored sale of Tony Hawk is the XBLA version that came out this year and it will be on sale for 600 Microsoft points. That sounds reasonable right?

#3139 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Bragging time- 2 weeks ago I got a 2nd chance offer on ebay for Skyrim GOD for $7.13. Deal of the year. :)

#3140 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Bragging time- 2 weeks ago I got a 2nd chance offer on ebay for Skyrim GOD for $7.13. Deal of the year. :)

Skyrim physical copy for $10 at MS Store. :)

#3141 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

http://majornelson.c...-this-saturday/

There will be a documentary released on Xbox Live about Mojang and Minecraft creator Markus Perrson on Saturday, December 22 free for gold members.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3142 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

Skyrim physical copy for $10 at MS Store. :)

I redeemed the code on my nephews' Xbox and now we can both play at the same time. :)

#3143 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'm pretty jealous!
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3144 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

If I just started Skyrim, is it worth it to buy Dawnguard and Hearthfire so early in the game? Mind you, I don't really get to play more than 3 hours a week.

#3145 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:36 AM

If I just started Skyrim, is it worth it to buy Dawnguard and Hearthfire so early in the game? Mind you, I don't really get to play more than 3 hours a week.

3 hours a week? I would say no, the game is huge and highly replayable. But if it's a great deal I wouldn't just write it off.

I personally bought the collector's edition (great goodies) and still haven't played it. I will buy the xbox 360 DLC, buy the complete edition that we know will be made. Then eventually have a gaming PC that can take all the awesome mods and enjoy it again.

Ya, I'm a little bit of a fan. Just a little.

#3146 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

3 hours a week? I would say no, the game is huge and highly replayable. But if it's a great deal I wouldn't just write it off.

I personally bought the collector's edition (great goodies) and still haven't played it. I will buy the xbox 360 DLC, buy the complete edition that we know will be made. Then eventually have a gaming PC that can take all the awesome mods and enjoy it again.

Ya, I'm a little bit of a fan. Just a little.

Yeah, I just don't have much time to play although Skyrim is the first game I've played in a long time that has me aching to play it. I imagine Dawnguard isn't worth getting right away since I'm so early in the game, but what about Hearthfire?

#3147 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Yeah, I just don't have much time to play although Skyrim is the first game I've played in a long time that has me aching to play it. I imagine Dawnguard isn't worth getting right away since I'm so early in the game, but what about Hearthfire?

Hearthfire really isn't essential or anything. It's a little fun add-on, not a full story tacked onto the game, so if you have the points, grab it. (Wait for the 31st when it will be on sale)

#3148 teknomedic

teknomedic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

If no one knows yet, the Kinect Party deal is live and free on the website
Gamers Unite... VOTE!
http://videogamevoters.org/

#3149 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

If no one knows yet, the Kinect Party deal is live and free on the website

It sure is, you can find it here.

#3150 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

There's also a free add-on, also called Kinect Party(?)

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png