XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3211 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I kind of thought the fine print indicated that the End of the World promo was good for the whole month of December, not just until 12/21. Is this for sure?

Like Cornelius, I'd assumed it was only running until the 21st, until I checked their T&Cs:

What is the Apocalyptic Rewards Offer?
A. Stay Gold and earn 100 Microsoft Points when you spend 2,000 Microsoft Points on eligible Xbox LIVE Marketplace content. Purchases must be made from December 1 – December 31, 2012 via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace...

What Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchases are eligible?
A. Any content purchased on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace here, excluding Microsoft Points and Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions purchases, are eligible for the offer. Purchases must be made between December 1, 2012 00:01 UTC and December 31, 2012 23:59 UTC. A maximum of 100 Microsoft Points can be earned per Xbox LIVE Rewards member for the offer.
When will I receive my 100 Microsoft Points?
A. Your eligible Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchases will be calculated at the end of December. The 100 Microsoft Points will then be deposited by January 15, 2013. During the Offer Period, your Points will not show up under Pending.

#3212 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

Zumas revenge is 400 msp. It said 800 but when i clicked to buy it said 400 msp.
Also for Australia the Bully Game on Demand game is 640 msp, 800 msp for America.

Edited by xbox_man, 18 December 2012 - 11:07 AM.
update

#3213 dominator

dominator

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Awesome, I'm definitely getting Zuma's Revenge. I'm still struggling with the first one on the very last stage though lol I hope this one doesn't kick my butt just as bad. I may try out SMB and a few others and pick up Bully depending on how much it is.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#3214 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

was hoping simpsons would be 200.....looks like ill just be waiting, id grab jsr if i didn't have it on my vita already. Hope Sonic Adventure 2 will be 400 points.
Posted Image

#3215 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

I hope the Simpsons are 400 MSP instead of 600. Been meaning to pick it up for awhile.

#3216 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Like Cornelius, I'd assumed it was only running until the 21st, until I checked their T&Cs ... [URL="http://rewards.xbox.com/faq/#fmi"]What is the Apocalyptic Rewards Offer?
A. Stay Gold and earn 100 Microsoft Points when you spend 2,000 Microsoft Points on eligible Xbox LIVE Marketplace content. Purchases must be made from December 1 – December 31, 2012 via the Xbox LIVE Marketplace...

Dammit ... what's the point of putting in a fancy DHTML countdown clock if they're not going to enforce the thing? Lame. :)

Updated Zuma's & Frogger's prices ... anything else get touched?

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#3217 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Joe Danger for 400? Oh hell yes! I'm still on the fence about Sonic though. First one was alright. Any thoughts if it's worth the 600?

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#3218 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

Are any of you a fan of the Lego games? I enjoyed Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga, out of all the rest of them, which one is the best???

#3219 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Dammit ... what's the point of putting in a fancy DHTML countdown clock if they're not going to enforce the thing? Lame. :)

That's what threw me. It seems that they're... this is embarrassing... actually counting down until the end of the world. :applause:

#3220 MySaturdaySelf

MySaturdaySelf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

MY DREAM CAME TRUE.. (seriously i really had this dream)

NBA BALLER BEATS NOW ON GAME ON DEMAND!

http://marketplace.x...15-d8024d4a07e8
leftover cheap steam keys from bundles? i'm buying --> https://docs.google....sted=true&pli=1

#3221 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

Joe Danger for 400? Oh hell yes! I'm still on the fence about Sonic though. First one was alright. Any thoughts if it's worth the 600?

It's been 600 MSP once already ... http://xbldb.com/offers/005-2fb ... I'd only (seriously) consider it if you had Sonic 4 Episode 1 already, in which case you get "lock on" functionality to play as Tails through Episode 1. Otherwise RB3 (and Bully) are WAY better investments.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#3222 mikehaggar99

mikehaggar99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

There's another free Kinect Party DLC called 'The Star Gazer' up now:
http://marketplace.x...5a-378d2255dfcf

#3223 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

It's been 600 MSP once already ... http://xbldb.com/offers/005-2fb ... I'd only (seriously) consider it if you had Sonic 4 Episode 1 already, in which case you get "lock on" functionality to play as Tails through Episode 1. Otherwise RB3 (and Bully) are WAY better investments.

Also if you own Sonic 4 Episode I, you unlock the Metal Sonic stages on Sonic 4 Episode II. I enjoyed very much both of them, though I prefer the first one (I know people like more the second).

#3224 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

They should have put Torchlight instead for the same price. I mean, R.A.W. is not worth even at 400.

I own two copies of Torchlight (PC/XBLA), a copy of Torchlight 2, and I've never played either... So I have no idea why I'm off to try the R.A.W. demo... :lol:

plus I'm a sucker for hack'n slashes despite how bad they may be, so perhaps I'll give the demo a roll.

Tried the demo of that one... ugh horrible game. Then again 4th edition about killed D&D for me so I had a lot of hate built up already. :lol:

#3225 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thanks, added to the OP, and I saw Peggle finally dropped to 400 MSP. Calling it a night ... see y'all for Thursday's refresh! :)

70109.png

#3226 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Here's my Sonic 4 Episode II review. I definitely recommend it if you like Sonic or platformers in general. Most of the people who don't like Episode II just don't really like the Sonic games any more, though I admit it has a few lingering problems.

And here's my Zuma's Revenge review too while we're at it. Fantastic puzzle game and much easier than the first Zuma.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#3227 Saren Arterius

Saren Arterius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Here's my Sonic 4 Episode II review. I definitely recommend it if you like Sonic or platformers in general. Most of the people who don't like Episode II just don't really like the Sonic games any more, though I admit it has a few lingering problems.

And here's my Zuma's Revenge review too while we're at it. Fantastic puzzle game and much easier than the first Zuma.

What you think is a better game? Zuma Revenge or Peggle + DLC.

#3228 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Just tried to get some cheap LEGO games on my Hungarian account and it is saying not available from your location, this sucks.
The past few sales i have had no problem downloading the games on demand games but this is annoying.

#3229 Saren Arterius

Saren Arterius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Just tried to get some cheap LEGO games on my Hungarian account and it is saying not available from your location, this sucks.
The past few sales i have had no problem downloading the games on demand games but this is annoying.

That happens when the game is region blocked, some are and some aren't, bad luck this time.

#3230 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Anyone have opinions for Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition? $5 seems more reasonable for a Frogger game, especially one that tries to update the gameplay & adds skins from other Konami franchises like Contra, Castlevania, & DDR. Gonna download the demo to try out, but might as well get some opinions.

Scratch & Match loser deals:
Catan (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Catan - General Expansion Pack 1 (80 MSP, 40% off)
Catan - Mayfair Skin Pack (80 MSP, 53-ish% off)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3231 dominator

dominator

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

So Hungarian accounts get the GoD for cheaper? Might have to make an account and make sure the games aren't region locked if that's the case.

126410.png

#3232 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

So Hungarian accounts get the GoD for cheaper? Might have to make an account and make sure the games aren't region locked if that's the case.

Thats right, but as I have found out some of the games are region locked.
So I am in Australia and I could not get any of the LEGO games with the Hungarian account.
People living in America will probably not be able to get them also, but can't say for sure.

#3233 Saren Arterius

Saren Arterius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Anyone have opinions for Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition? $5 seems more reasonable for a Frogger game, especially one that tries to update the gameplay & adds skins from other Konami franchises like Contra, Castlevania, & DDR. Gonna download the demo to try out, but might as well get some opinions.

I love Frogger in PS1 and tried the demo for this and is a great deal if you play with friends (So I will buy it).

#3234 dominator

dominator

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Thats right, but as I have found out some of the games are region locked.
So I am in Australia and I could not get any of the LEGO games with the Hungarian account.
People living in America will probably not be able to get them also, but can't say for sure.

Dang, would be amazing to get those games for 4 bucks, (2 bucks if you got MSP from Target on Black Friday). Anyways, someone said something about picking up Zuma or Peggle, in my opinion, Peggle is one of the best arcade games to pass time away and it never gets boring, just a bit frustrating sometimes, you can't go wrong it.

126410.png

#3235 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

B

Scratch & Match loser deals:
Catan (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Catan - General Expansion Pack 1 (80 MSP, 40% off)
Catan - Mayfair Skin Pack (80 MSP, 53-ish% off)

I'd also like any opinions on Frogger HAE.

And I was just about to report the Scratch & Match. I've played the hell out of Catan and I think this is the first time the DLC has gone on sale so I'm biting on it. The expansion pack gives more AI personalities to play against and the skin pack uses the original artwork for the game.

#3236 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Just FYI, you don't need to download the unlock for the Star Gazer if you already have the "Kinect Party" unlock key. It's included in the channels that are unlocked. They're probably going to start putting up keys for all of the individual channels.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#3237 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Well holy crap, there's DLC for Doritos Crash Course coming Jan. 2nd with 2 new environments (10 levels each), easier versions of Japan levels, 3 new achievements, & avatar awards to unlock.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3238 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Well holy crap, there's DLC for Doritos Crash Course coming Jan. 2nd with 2 new environments (10 levels each), easier versions of Japan levels, 3 new achievements, & avatar awards to unlock.

The link said it will cost 160 MSP. For that price I'll probably pick it up at launch.

Yes! I'm so glad I didn't buy Bully at $15. It's $5 off that price so $10 right now. Just bought it. I was able to avoid another Crysis ummm... crisis ;)

#3239 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

The link said it will cost 160 MSP. For that price I'll probably pick it up at launch.

I can't believe they made DLC for a free game.

#3240 Curlis

Curlis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

I can't believe they made DLC for a free game.

And then charge you for it, lol
Now Playing - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Posted Image