XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3301 Triatacon

Triatacon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Is Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga worth the $20 sale price? I don't care for a disc copy, as I'd be more likely to play something immediately accessible on the hard drive. However, I've never even played any of the Lego games and my primary interest is finding something my wife would play with me. I guess the questions I'm asking are: 1) How is it compared to the numerous other Lego games?; 2) Is it a good value relative to the other (cheaper) Lego games currently on sale?; 3) Has it ever been on sale for a significantly better price?; and 4) Is it a good game for non-game players?

Also, would someone explain the appeal of Bully to me? I hear it is good. I like some sandbox games. It is tempting to buy at the sale price. I just don't quite grok the game's concept, or where the fun is derived from. Maybe it's because I didn't go to highschool...

#3302 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

So of the Serious Sam games, which is the best?

On XBLA, Serious Sam 3 is easily the best. It's got better graphics, a more interesting story, and split-screen (which the others lack). I highly recommend it to fans of old-school FPS games.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#3303 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

IMO TFE and TSE are miles ahead of SS3 (in terms of being a fun game, obviously not graphics and stuff like that). All 3 are good games but the old ones are so much better. SS3 just doesn't have the same classic shooter feel that the other two have.

TheNutman69321.png

#3304 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

is bully worth 800 msp? I know its a great game and all, but does it look outdated?

#3305 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

is bully worth 800 msp? I know its a great game and all, but does it look outdated?

its an early release so it doesnt look that great but wasnt really an issue to me

Buy especially if you got cheap BF points
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3306 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

Awesome game. My 2nd favorite Rockstar game (1st being Vice City). It does look dated, but easily worth $10.

On XBLA, Serious Sam 3 is easily the best. It's got better graphics, a more interesting story, and split-screen (which the others lack). I highly recommend it to fans of old-school FPS games.

IMO TFE and TSE are miles ahead of SS3 (in terms of being a fun game, obviously not graphics and stuff like that). All 3 are good games but the old ones are so much better.

You guys aren't helping. Not getting all 3, too many other sales coming up to do that. Might just have to flip a few coins.

#3307 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Is Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga worth the $20 sale price? I don't care for a disc copy, as I'd be more likely to play something immediately accessible on the hard drive. However, I've never even played any of the Lego games and my primary interest is finding something my wife would play with me. I guess the questions I'm asking are: 1) How is it compared to the numerous other Lego games?; 2) Is it a good value relative to the other (cheaper) Lego games currently on sale?; 3) Has it ever been on sale for a significantly better price?; and 4) Is it a good game for non-game players?

Also, would someone explain the appeal of Bully to me? I hear it is good. I like some sandbox games. It is tempting to buy at the sale price. I just don't quite grok the game's concept, or where the fun is derived from. Maybe it's because I didn't go to highschool...

1) All Lego games are very similar.
2) It's basically the same value as a lot of other games on sale. There are 6 "worlds" which make up the 6 Star Wars movies. Compare that to Indiana Jones which is half the price, where there are 3 "worlds" for the 3 original movies.
3) Disc version is better price, but since you don't seem interested in that then this is probably the best price it has been on GoD.
4) It's good for non-gamers. It has a few platforming and extremely basic combat elements, but there's no way to really die (you just infinitely respawn) so non-gamers will probably enjoy running, jumping, and mashing buttons without frustration.

Bully is like GTA in high school. There are just missions to play, but they focus around school related themes. It's really cool and clever and easily worth 800 MSP.

You guys aren't helping. Not getting all 3, too many other sales coming up to do that. Might just have to flip a few coins.

I'll help. Don't buy any of them. I played TFE and found it's really not for me. All it is is shooting hoards and hoards of enemies, constantly running and circle strafing, and once in a while finding a secret or 2, like in doom. I found it super boring and repetitive and I don't think I even made it half way through the game.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3308 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If you haven't played Bully yet, BUY IT. I own a disc copy, I had no idea it was worth anything, but I'd never dream of getting rid of it anyway. It was my favorite sandbox game up until Saints Row 3, and it may still be my favorite. It has all sorts of charm that just can't be matched. Getting 1000/1000 on that game was an absolute blast.

76561197977061647.png

#3309 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Haha sorry different people are gonna have different opinions. Try out the demos see which you like more.

TheNutman69321.png

#3310 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

Haha sorry different people are gonna have different opinions. Try out the demos see which you like more.

And this makes the most sense. For some reason had a brain fart and didn't even think of trying the demos. Must still be thinking of PSN's lack of demos on most games unlike XBLA.

#3311 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

I haven't even played SS3: BFE yet but I loved TFE and TSE (on PC at least - bought 'em on XBLA but I've never touched them!). Give 'em a shot, see if you like them. If you enjoy mindless first-person killing sprees, I'd say just buy them all. Not the answer you're looking for, but that's just too bad!

Guitar Hero sales are over. Too bad about that, I would've liked the Motorhead pack for GH3 - though I would've liked it a lot more for a full-band GH game. It still blows my mind that even on sale, the GH3 packs cost more than the packs for follow-up games.

Seeing RAW and Joe Danger 2 at 67% off is both a blessing and a curse! I was gonna skip both and wait for the next 50% markdown, but now I'm not sure. I do only have about 3200 points to spend though, strongly enforced by a Dubious Achievement Unlocked when I caught a felony charge the other night like a total dumbass (behave, boys and girls!) - so I'll probably stick with my plan to bag all the platformers.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#3312 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

It's fun if you're heavily into the Star Wars world, but they have made significant improvements to the LEGO franchise over time. As crazy as it sounds, major graphics improvements, MUCH better co-op, and a better, albeit still wonky, camera.

$10 for the other LEGO games is madness. If I didn't have a 6 year old who devours those games, I wish I would've waited to get digital, and for $10ea. I probably paid on average about $15 for the discs.

#3313 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Picked up Lego Pirates for my son and I to play together. I'm eying Joe Danger 2, but I think I'll hold off until the end of the sale in case any surprises come up. I'm still debating whether or not to get any of the Skyrim DLC.

Why did you buy Lego Pirates already?! It goes on sale tomorrow......

#3314 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Because tomorrow's sale has been going on since late last night. :D

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#3315 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

It's on sale already.

#3316 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

What's the word on Serious Sam 3? Worth the 600?

It's worth at that price. If you don't care about achievements too much, just skip the dlc - no one plays competitive mp and the new levels are nothing special.

#3317 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

I bought it last month full price and can't believe how I've never played this game before. I think its a gem. Here's a tip, save before every class or mission starts.

#3318 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I STRONGLY recommend Super Meat Boy at 600 MS Points. You will NOT regret it.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#3319 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

I need more points. More cheap points. Can't find any deals, though.

I'm probably going to bite on RB3 and try to pick up a keyboard cheap at some later date. I have RB1 instruments. They still work with RB3, right?

Everyone and their mom are selling 1600 point Target codes in the XBL code trading thread. So you may want to check there.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3320 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

It's already on sale.

#3321 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Did anyone mention that Lego Pirates is already on sale?

#3322 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I STRONGLY recommend Super Meat Boy at 600 MS Points. You will NOT regret it.

Is that on sale as well?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3323 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

FYI The Scorchers DLC for RAGE is out today for 400 points. It is 2.16 GB so it seems like a sizable bit of content for those who liked the game and still own a copy. The new screens look pretty bad ass also.

http://marketplace.x...55-7e9368ad8e99

Posted Image

#3324 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

I need more points. More cheap points. Can't find any deals, though.

Here's a link to the CAG thread on cheap Xbox points & subscriptions ... http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=248984 ... but the "spoiler" is that CrazyGameTime has consistently been the cheapest option, except when regional stores double-up coupons, etc. There's a link in my signature to send 2% of your purchase cost my way, but I honestly don't care if you just go directly to http://www.crazygametime.com . There's also a note on their page you can save $1.00 off the 4000 MSP card by coming in via Facebook, and you can also add coupon code "3PercentOff" to knock off 3% off your cart. I'm finding the 2400 MSP and 4000 MSP cards are roughly the same in "pennies per point" (about $0.0095 / point), so if you don't want to spend $38 immediately, you can cut it down to $22'ish. I just bought a 2400 MSP card last night, and the 5x5 code literally arrived faster than the PayPal notification that I paid $22.39 to them.

I'm probably going to bite on RB3 and try to pick up a keyboard cheap at some later date. I have RB1 instruments. They still work with RB3, right?

Yep, you're only missing out on the expert fingering on guitar, or cymbals on drums, but 5-color frets and 4 drums+pedal are still supported (and compatible with Guitar Hero instruments)! You saw the RB3 plastic instrument sale from Mad Catz on the OP, right? It's possible to find new instruments on eBay, or maybe even some retailer websites, but the Mad Catz sale makes it easy to find them (and you know they won't be used or arrive DOA).

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#3325 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Serious Sam takes the idea of mimdlessly shooting hundreds of monsters while strafing and running backwards and makes it boring.

I don't know about the XBLA versions but SS3's level pacing is rancid compared to the best in the series TSE on PC

#3326 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

FYI The Scorchers DLC for RAGE is out today for 400 points. It is 2.16 GB so it seems like a sizable bit of content for those who liked the game and still own a copy.

http://marketplace.x...55-7e9368ad8e99

You forgot the most important part of the DLC: an Extended Play option that will allow players to freely explore the game world after the end credits roll, so they can wrap up any loose ends or achievements they missed out on. http://www.eurogamer...drops-next-week

Edit: Do the Serious Sam games come with coop multiplayer? I remember reading about how 16? players could join up on the PC and take down the enemies. From what I played of the first game on the PC years ago, you'd probably enjoy it a lot more with at least one buddy.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#3327 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Is that on sale as well?

Yep, it was a last-minute addition to the XBLA titles, and made it into the OP. There's still only 2 known GoD titles, but everything else is virtually identical to the leaked info that CAG'er "MWB" posted here.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#3328 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Edit: Do the Serious Sam games come with coop multiplayer? I remember reading about how 16? players could join up on the PC and take down the enemies. From what I played of the first game on the PC years ago, you'd probably enjoy it a lot more with at least one buddy.

Yes they all have co-op. SS3 requires the dlc for competitive multiplayer but I believe co-op is in the main game.

TheNutman69321.png

#3329 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

You forgot the most important part of the DLC: an Extended Play option that will allow players to freely explore the game world after the end credits roll, so they can wrap up any loose ends or achievements they missed out on. http://www.eurogamer...drops-next-week

Yeah they are also including an "ultra-nightmare" difficulty for those wanting another run through the game.

#3330 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I have a lot of these games on sale on Steam, so I'll pass on those. Otherwise I'm just looking at Fire Pro Wrestling and RAW. Gonna demo them both and decide from there. I also need to decide which LEGO games to pick up.

453605.png
TheTsel.png