• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3661 JaredFrost

JaredFrost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

The DLC you mentioned for Trine 2 is only
By the way has anyone had issues buying Rayman Origins? It shows as $9.99 on the page but when I go to pay it shows up as $19.99. Annoys me as I've moved to Australia with my North American Xbox and the PAL disc is region-locked so I can't buy it from a store here.

I'm having the same issue, I'm in Canada. it shows 9.99 on the website, when I go to purchase, BAM 19.99.

EDIT: Noticed when I change it from en-us to en-ca, it shows as 19.99, I guess they don't want my money.

#3662 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Insta-bought Mark of the Ninja, I'll download the Fez demo at home to make up my mind...
One question: how is the SmartGlass implementation in Mark of the Ninja? I saw something to download through the app in the game's page, so I was wondering if you can use your portable device to display maps, inventory or the like... that would be very cool :)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#3663 JadeNic

JadeNic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Downloading Fez and Rayman 3 HD. You guys keep mentioning Mark of the Ninja, so I think I might pick that up as well.

#3664 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

Everybody should play Mark of the Ninja, even if you don't like stealth games. The reason being because the reason you might not like stealth games is because they're usually bad. This one is not.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#3665 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

The DLC you mentioned for Trine 2 is only available for the PC and the Wii U. It is unlikely to come to any other consoles.

Though i would caution you that yes it does have more content on the Wii U but if you're at all interested in online play with it then the Wii U is likely a bad bet as I heard that there's not one soul ever on there playing Trine 2. I'm not sure if it's much better on Xbox, being an older game, but I'm sure you'd have a lot better luck online there. So it does depend on what you're looking for. Also the Magic Mayhem mode that was promised with the Wii U title didn't arrive at launch, with no idea of when it might be updated. Not sure if it'll be part of the update Frozenbyte promised would come out mid-December which was meant to fix the gamma problem the game had, not sure if that update has come out either. But IMHO as it stands basically the Wii U version is the Xbox version with the PC DLC. It's $20 vs $5 though which as a CAG seals the deal for me. Also note that you're looking at close to a 2GB download on the Wii U so if you were planning on planting it onto your harddrive room will likely be tight.

Thank you for the info. It'd just be my brother and I playing, so we wouldn't have trouble finding a co-op partner, and we have the 32 Black Wii U. I'll wait for that one. :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3666 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

got mark of the ninja as well... i think i'm done for the shopping season. picked up serious sam 3, rock band 3, assassin's creed 2 at the last sale, and now mark of the ninja. might pick up some fruit ninja dlc.

i'm at the point that my 250 GB is maxed out with DLC. almost no game installs. pretty sad. i don't want to be in a situation where i'm deleting a 5GB GoD in order to download a 4GB GoD.

#3667 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

got mark of the ninja as well... i think i'm done for the shopping season. picked up serious sam 3, rock band 3, assassin's creed 2 at the last sale, and now mark of the ninja. might pick up some fruit ninja dlc.

i'm at the point that my 250 GB is maxed out with DLC. almost no game installs. pretty sad. i don't want to be in a situation where i'm deleting a 5GB GoD in order to download a 4GB GoD.

That is insane. I can't believe your 250 GB is maxed out...mines is about 186 GB free lol.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3668 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

That is insane. I can't believe your 250 GB is maxed out...mines is about 186 GB free lol.

Mine's somewhere around 180.

Considering Mark of the Ninja....somebody push me over the edge!

#3669 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

Picked up Mark of the Ninja, Fez, Trine 2, Sonic Adventure 2 and Hell Yeah.

Thanks for those cheap points Gamestop 8-)

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#3670 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

I picked Fez, and damned myself for not waiting until today to get Trine2. I payed full price a year ago for Trine2, good game, but if I knew it would be on sale in a single year for 400MSP...

#3671 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Picked up fez not sure about mark of the ninja as I hate stealth games. Also no sure about trine 2 or rayman 3 HD. Rayman is only 5 bucks.

#3672 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Mine's somewhere around 180.

Considering Mark of the Ninja....somebody push me over the edge!

http://www.reviewson...inion-xbox-360/

:)

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#3673 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Just Fez for me (already have Hell Yeah, SA2, & Rayman 3). Already ran into a bug in the game, where I walked into an area & it booted me back to the dash for no reason. Sure hope I don't get anything worse, considering I heard some were game crashing.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3674 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Just Fez for me (already have Hell Yeah, SA2, & Rayman 3). Already ran into a bug in the game, where I walked into an area & it booted me back to the dash for no reason. Sure hope I don't get anything worse, considering I heard some were game crashing.

Is rayman 3 good/worth playing even though I have a backlog?

#3675 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

I already have everything else good from the sale (Fez, Hell Yeah, Mark of the Ninja) but Trine 2 at 400 points caught my eye. I have a ridiculous backlog but the demo was interesting enough, especially for $5. Decisions, decisions....
Posted Image

#3676 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

I already have everything else good from the sale (Fez, Hell Yeah, Mark of the Ninja) but Trine 2 at 400 points caught my eye. I have a ridiculous backlog but the demo was interesting enough, especially for $5. Decisions, decisions....

Trine2 is a good, beautiful game. Also, the achievements are pretty easy. For that price is a steal.

#3677 hostyl1

hostyl1

Rejoice commoners!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I think the best way to judge a game (short of playing it yourself) is to watch someone you know/trust play it. I suggest checking out the Giant Bomb Quick Look of Mark of the Ninja is you're still on the fence.

(For the record, I'm picking it up based on the QL).
Posted Image

#3678 Curlis

Curlis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Picking up Fez and Mark of the Ninja, will try the demo of Trine 2.

I'm also curious about Rayman 3. I like the series but I've heard you can't go back and replay old levels. Can someone confirm/deny this and give an opinion on this game?
Now Playing - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Posted Image

#3679 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

These sales are doing to my HDD what TVTropes does to my browser tabs. Please RaptorJesus let Durango have commodity and/or network-attached storage.

#3680 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Says the bloke whose nearly every post in the other thread about this sale was a smartassed, unhelpful response... :p But don't worry, I might find it ever so slightly endearing.

Tyler's not a troll, dude.

yeah everyone on here is going on about fez, i took a look at it and laughed out loud, what a crap looking game.

Its not just the graphics the trial was boring as hell and I prefer games with more than a couple buttons being used. To me no classic games age well. As much as I would like to play Streets of Rage, Sonic classics, Fez, among others.....its just not happening since they are boring as hell and have no skill involved just luck.

You two should comment less. Especially Stellar - nearly everything you've said has caused me to wince in pain. if you're not a troll, you have really uninformed opinions and a lack of respect for older games that hardly any gamers would agree with.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#3681 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:21 PM

Picked up Trine 2 without hesitation. I held back on it last time it was on sale so I'm happy to get it for even cheaper this time around.

Going to hold off on Mark of the Ninja. I'm sure it'll be on sale again (Humble Bundle perhaps?) and maybe by then I can actually complete all the other XBLA games I have stored up. You know you have a lot of XBLA games when you have to go to the purchase page just to check to see if you've already purchased it. I almost bought Rayman 3 HD again this morning.
Posted Image

#3682 I Throw Tanks

I Throw Tanks

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

I plan on buying everything besides Rayman Origin and Sonic Adventure 2 are the games worth it?

#3683 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

I plan on buying everything besides Rayman Origin and Sonic Adventure 2 are the games worth it?

If you pass on Rayman, you're making a mistake. That game is fucking awesome.

#3684 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Is rayman 3 good/worth playing even though I have a backlog?

I'm also curious about Rayman 3. I like the series but I've heard you can't go back and replay old levels. Can someone confirm/deny this and give an opinion on this game?

I would say it depends on if you liked Rayman 2/Rayman in 3D in general. I didn't get far (a little past the demo's end, I should really go back to it someday), but from what I played, it was decent enough. & there's a chapter select, so you can go back & replay levels.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3685 JadeNic

JadeNic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Picking up Fez and Mark of the Ninja, will try the demo of Trine 2.

You can replay levels.

As for my very short opinion, I quiet enjoy it. It looks great, though the camera is really bad.

#3686 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

Anyone have any thoughts on HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit?

#3687 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

If you pass on Rayman, you're making a mistake. That game is fucking awesome.

My issue is it's 5.6 GB and I'm running out of room. Since its MSRP is only $20, I think I'll just try to hold out for a sale on the physical disc.

Although with Target points I'd only be paying $5 in real money for the digital version... hmm, decisions, decisions.

#3688 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Mine has about 20 Gig free with only one game installed. Damn you MS for not releasing a 500 Gig drive. And I do realize that you can rig your own 3rd party HD, but am too lazy to do it.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3689 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

It's fun in bite size playing sessions. The "finish off the boss" mini games are absolutely hilarious. You'll probably get your money's worth from it.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3690 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Pass, it's all style and no substance. The gameplay is surprisingly bland.