XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3691 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Here is my Hell Yeah review. I would not call it bland at all, though it's too linear for a Metroidvania game.

Mine has about 20 Gig free with only one game installed. Damn you MS for not releasing a 500 Gig drive. And I do realize that you can rig your own 3rd party HD, but am too lazy to do it.

Third-party hard drives only go up to 320 GB, the current maximum size of 1st party drives. I'm rocking a 7200 RPM 320 GB drive and games load faster than on a regular HDD, which is nice.

#3692 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I wouldn't say better. some of them are just challenges. some of them are like, a sort of 'paint the board' type things, they might add a little spice to multiplayer but in single player i wouldn't say they add too much.

also load times are really bad and freezes/glitches run rampant, it's the only arcade game i'm genuinely pissed they never patched (since my fez game has seemingly gone unscrewed up lol). can i recommend it any less? the art style and aesthetics are really cool. which is how i got suckered into buying it lol but if i could swap it for the barebones arcade port on xbla i would in a second, the load times are just stupid for a 'pickup for 5 minutes then do something else' game like this and it just freezes/glitches too darn much. but i'm a sucker for art/aesthetics so i bought day 1 before message board topics about glitches and freezes were at my disposal.

Thanks. I was surprised how long the load times were in the trial. I'll definitely be on the fence on this one.

To my surprise I'm passing on a few of the games I thought I was going to buy like Frogger for now. They really should have let us play more than one mode in the trial. RAW was boring and I wished I was playing Torchlight while playing it so I'll stick to that instead. I did buy Joe Danger 2 since I liked the demo and own the first game.

I'm just like you. I will be debating Frogger and RAW throughout the sale, when they were first announced I thought I'd buy them for sure. I'd like to hit 2000 MSP for December so I can get the 100 points back, more than likely the Borderlands 2 Season Pass will get me there, unless it's not discounted enough for me to want to pick it up.

Just Fez for me (already have Hell Yeah, SA2, & Rayman 3). Already ran into a bug in the game, where I walked into an area & it booted me back to the dash for no reason. Sure hope I don't get anything worse, considering I heard some were game crashing.

You were booted back to the dash? Early in the game there is a fake game crash, but I didn't think it booted you all the way back to the dash. That's odd.

As for glitches on Fez, I definitely ran into serious stuttering when I started transitioning rooms in the later levels, but I don't think the game ever crashed on me. It did, however, delete my save file. But that was after I had 200/200 it so I don't really care.

Anyone have any thoughts on HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit?

Gameplay is a tiny bit bland, but it's still a good action platformer and I'd say it's worth 600 MSP.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#3693 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Pass, it's all style and no substance. The gameplay is surprisingly bland.

That was my thought from the demo. Trying too hard to be funny with really annoying, childish, and over the top humor. Might have found it fun when I was 12. Hell Yeah just didnt work for me at all.

I bought mark of the ninja right away. I would have been happy at 800 for it, at 600 you couldn't stop me from grabbing it! Also nabbed rayman origins. Tried the demo at target and really liked it.

Tried the fez and trine 2 demos again. I wasnt super impressed with either demos a while back. Fez got me this time. The music is very haunting and beautiful and the gameplay makea you think while still being a relaxing and fun experience.

Trine 2 still bored me so I will pass.

Edited by Althax, 20 December 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#3694 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Third-party hard drives only go up to 320 GB, the current maximum size of 1st party drives. I'm rocking a 7200 RPM 320 GB drive and games load faster than on a regular HDD, which is nice.

I want a TB. At least.

I had to uninstall every disc game last night to free up enough space on my 250 for this sale.
Posted Image

#3695 dominator

dominator

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

Picked up Trine 2 without hesitation. I held back on it last time it was on sale so I'm happy to get it for even cheaper this time around.

Going to hold off on Mark of the Ninja. I'm sure it'll be on sale again (Humble Bundle perhaps?) and maybe by then I can actually complete all the other XBLA games I have stored up. You know you have a lot of XBLA games when you have to go to the purchase page just to check to see if you've already purchased it. I almost bought Rayman 3 HD again this morning.

Haha, I did the same but by complete accident. I got the trial of Trine 2 and bought it immediately after without even thinking. I also downloaded all the other trials, I might end up getting everything but Sonic.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#3696 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

So this morning I queued up Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Hell Yeah and Trine 2.
These sales are awesome. I can't wait until Friday after work. I going to have a lot to play during my vacation.

#3697 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

mark of the ninja is pretty badass

#3698 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Seeing Joe Danger 2 on sale reminds me that I still have my code I won from the Raptr giveaway earlier this year. I'll probably end up redeeming it since I couldn't get that much for it now anyway.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3699 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

Just bought Joe Danger 2, Trine 2 and Fez. If anything else comes up that I can't pass up, then I'll have to use some Gamestop credit to get another 1600 MSP card.

#3700 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

I want a TB. At least.

I had to uninstall every disc game last night to free up enough space on my 250 for this sale.

We should start a club. I deleted all of my disc games with the exception of one and I still am dangerously close to filling up my 250. And my disc drive is starting to get real loud when discs are in

#3701 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Picked up Trine 2 without hesitation. I held back on it last time it was on sale so I'm happy to get it for even cheaper this time around.

Going to hold off on Mark of the Ninja. I'm sure it'll be on sale again (Humble Bundle perhaps?) and maybe by then I can actually complete all the other XBLA games I have stored up. You know you have a lot of XBLA games when you have to go to the purchase page just to check to see if you've already purchased it. I almost bought Rayman 3 HD again this morning.

:lol: I haven't gotten there yet, but I definitely need to start playing my XBLA games more. I'm going to hold off on Mark of the Ninja myself, I'm sure it will see many future sales even if its priced at 800 instead of 600.

For these sales it looks like RAW, Fez, and Deadlight are the games for me. I already picked up RAW because I'm in a dungeon crawler phase, and I'm debating whether or not to pick up Fez. I like the design, we'll see. Deadlight is reminiscent of Flashback and Out of this World, I always loved those type of games, so I'll pick this one up even if it's not as good as those classics.

#3702 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Mark of the Ninja is a solid game of the year contender. Anyone on the fence should pick it up. Considering how uninspired the Shank games were, I was shocked to see the same studio put out Ninja. They solved almost all of the issues that make stealth games sound cool in principle and end up boring or frustrating in practice. With my 500+ game backlog, I almost never replay games once I finish them, but as soon as I finished Ninja, I started replaying it to get all the achievements and extend my time with the game.

#3703 Briar36

Briar36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

How is Catan? Is either DLC worth it? They're the Scratch & Match loser deals.

#3704 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

Its not just the graphics the trial was boring as hell and I prefer games with more than a couple buttons being used. To me no classic games age well. As much as I would like to play Streets of Rage, Sonic classics, Fez, among others.....its just not happening since they are boring as hell and have no skill involved just luck.

Actually, older games required much more skill. It may seem like luck to those that never took the time to become good at them. I can dig that you don't enjoy certain types of games but to state they require no skill is a bit ignorant.

#3705 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Nobody cares about Fez.

Mark the Ninja however is one of the finest stealth games ever. The only excuse you have not to buy it is you're waiting for a bigger sale or you have it on PC.

Or you didn't like the demo, which is unconscionable.

#3706 arthurfaarter

arthurfaarter

The Man With A Plan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

It looks like ROCKSTAR GAMES sale is already live. The prices look like sale prices to me. Am I wrong?

Also, does anybody know for sure if the MIDNIGHT CLUB is the COMPLETE EDITION with SOUTH CENTRAL ULTIMATE CONTENT PACK?

Thanks in advance to anybody that answers.
"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#3707 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Sonic Adventure 2 DLC isn't on sale right? 240 is the normal price?

Also for Trine 2, is couch co-op an option as well as online?

And what are peoples thoughts on Hell Yeah? Queing up the demo now.

apathy.gif

#3708 Daemonocracy

Daemonocracy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nobody cares about Fez.

Mark the Ninja however is one of the finest stealth games ever. The only excuse you have not to buy it is you're waiting for a bigger sale or you have it on PC.

Or you didn't like the demo, which is unconscionable.

They warned me about peer pressure when I was younger! "Everybody is doing it", "It's the cool thing to do" ... thou shalt not tempt!

#3709 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Anyone considering Rayman 3 HD should just spend the extra 400msp to get origins. I have both and origins is soooooooooooooooooo much more fun.

#3710 Gabrius

Gabrius

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

We should start a club. I deleted all of my disc games with the exception of one and I still am dangerously close to filling up my 250. And my disc drive is starting to get real loud when discs are in

I'm getting sick of buying USB sticks, too.
Posted Image

#3711 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

I found Fez to be pretty interesting, but not relaxing in the least. I "finished" the game without getting all the cubes and anti-cubes, but haven't gone back to do new game+ yet.

I also liked Hell Yeah a lot, even if it's simple once you get past the glitz. There's a lot of glitz.
Posted Image

#3712 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have about 20 gigs left out of my 320. :-({|=

This is where I'm headed. :roll:

apathy.gif

#3713 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Got Joe Danger 2, Fez, and the two Keflings DLCs. Might get Dust and the Trials Evolution DLC yet.

#3714 Lonedragon87

Lonedragon87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

On the fence with hell yeah and mark of the ninja your guys thoughts? Mark of ninja seems to be highly respected here its tempting me.

#3715 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

What's the largest we can go? 32GB? I have a 500MB I use just to transfer my gamertag around. Might just throw that on a bigger flashdrive and store some games on there, too.

#3716 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

On the fence with hell yeah and mark of the ninja your guys thoughts? Mark of ninja seems to be highly respected here its tempting me.

Just read back the past few pages of this thread. Plenty of thoughts have already been posted about both of them. I recommend both.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#3717 twisted poke

twisted poke

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

Sonic Adventure 2 DLC isn't on sale right? 240 is the normal price?

Also for Trine 2, is couch co-op an option as well as online?

And what are peoples thoughts on Hell Yeah? Queing up the demo now.

Trine 2 has couch coop as well as online. I read somewhere that achievements only unlock for both players during coop while playing online however. (if that sort of thing matters to you). Just started the game with the wife last night. Very fun coop experience.

#3718 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

What's the largest we can go? 32GB? I have a 500MB I use just to transfer my gamertag around. Might just throw that on a bigger flashdrive and store some games on there, too.

It has been kicked up to two 32gb usb sticks for a total of 64gb.

#3719 mr.Dobalina

mr.Dobalina

MGS Collector!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Oh boy, so I've downloaded Fez..but now I'm unsure of what to get else. I'm digging:

- Sonic Adventure 2 (Absolutely loved Sonic Adventure 1, never played this one)
- Rayman 3 HD (Never played the first, but I played the 2nd on N64 and thought it was very fun)
- Mark of Ninja...I'm not a too big fan of side-scrolling, but people keep talking about this game...

My desire is in that order too...help!!

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#3720 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm in the exact same boat. My disc drive sounds like a grinder sometimes and I'm constantly having to delete stuff since my 250 GB is full. That's after deleting all installed disc games and Kinect games since I downloaded them again on my Slim that is hooked up in the living room. One thing I noticed is the marathon packs for Dance Central weren't coming up on the Marketplace. I know I can find them through my Download History but there are thousands of items on there so it's tedious. I wonder why they removed them.

I downloaded the trials for platformers and bought Mark of the Ninja and Trine 2 as expected. Hell Yeah! was better than I expected but since I'm on the fence with it I'll pass and hope it eventually hits 400 MSP since it's published by SEGA I think. I'm passing on Rayman Origins too because I died a bunch during the demo and don't want to fuss with that especially since I don't have a local co-op partner. It was pretty fun though. I'll wait to see how Rayman Legends is next year.

Yesterday I downloaded the Trials Evolution DLC. I love those games. Either this new DLC is harder than normal or I'm extremely rusty. I've beaten all the tracks including Extreme in the original games and the old DLC so I'm decent at the game. Just nowhere as good as the top of the leaderboards where those magicians pass every track in record time with no faults.