XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#3841 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

I know it's had to have been said, but it bares repeating. RDR normal edition is 19.99 on Amazon...well it's that normally, it's actually 19.36 on "sale" at the moment. Anyway consider that if you prefer physical media but want the game and/or have Prime.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#3842 hufferstl

hufferstl

Get your symbols kid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

This sale has really highlighted how it really sucks that we can't use our own hdds. My 250 gig filled up weeks ago, now I've bought Rayman Origins and don't have enough room to download it.

You can always re-download ANYTHING that you have downloaded in the past, so I don't see how it could really be an issue with a 250 gig drive.

#3843 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Tried Mark of the Ninja and, oh boy... that game deserves all the praise it's been collecting! The art style, narrative, soundtrack and multiple approaches to every situation, there's really everything a stealth lover can wish for!

Then, I booted up the Xbox SmartGlass app lured by the fabled "enhanced experience" and expecting some nice touches like a minimap or an inventory screen managed through my smartphone, but all I've got is a lousy page with links to the official site and community and a short recap of the game's controls.
Talk about disappointment... :booty:

Snatched Fez too, the demo was entertaining and visually appealing, hope the rest will be up to standard :)
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#3844 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

You can always re-download ANYTHING that you have downloaded in the past, so I don't see how it could really be an issue with a 250 gig drive.

I wouldn't consider it an issue as much as I would an inconvenience. I keep a tidy list of what I've had to knock off my hard drive (some huge XBLA games, DLC for games I don't even own yet, etc.) but I would rather just keep all the things on there, obviously.

I draw the line at touching my roughly 21 GB Rock Band song collection though. Making sure I actually redeemed all my 250+ free tunes from the 2009 Pepsi promo was enough of a pain in the ass. All that trash rummaging was worth it though :lol:

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#3845 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

I also finally tried Mark of the Ninja last night, and then bought it for 600. Pretty sweet game. Love the artstyle and the demo was really fun. I'm looking forward to playing it more tonight.

I also bought Trine 2 and Fez. So that today's deals are lame, I don't mind. I'm happy. :)

#3846 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Midnight Club price still aint fixed
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#3847 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

I've so far picked up so many platformers, Fez, Mark of the Ninja, Super Meat Boy and Trine 2. And there is still Deadlight...

What are you guys hoping for with the unclear sales? I wish Crysis and I Am Alive would happen. Unlikely.

#3848 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

So still nothing but rumors for the 22nd? Kind of surprised by that...

#3849 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

So still nothing but rumors for the 22nd? Kind of surprised by that...

I know right?! I'm so curious what's happening on the 22nd.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3850 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I know right?! I'm so curious what's happening on the 22nd.

I checked the prices on Forza season passes hopeful I would discover something awesome.. but nope. No Forza sale... Yet. ;-)

#3851 disilluzion

disilluzion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Not Double Dragon! It loads up as a trial and says it's not available when I try to d/l it again.

I can't play Test Drive Unlimited either. It says something about cannot load game, DLC no longer available.

#3852 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Not Double Dragon! It loads up as a trial and says it's not available when I try to d/l it again.

I can't play Test Drive Unlimited either. It says something about cannot load game, DLC no longer available.

That's a sounds like a job for Microsoft's crack technical support team!

#3853 sp8001

sp8001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

Couldn't pass up on rayman origins for 800!

Add it to the backlog lol...

#3854 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

That's a sounds like a job for Microsoft's crack technical support team!

ms wont fix such things they can care less about stuff they got paid for. The companies these days tell us what we want. bow down cause we lost most rights like this. They know we wont even do anything these days. I bowed down long ago and take what scrapes they give me. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy: sad cause it is pretty much true. haha

#3855 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

The Mad Catz plastic instruments sale still seems to be going on, as well as the Dance Central 3 song packs sale (is that really a sale, or just normal price)? Both show in the OP as ending on the 17th. FYI.

Also the platformers from yesterday still seem to be on sale. At least some of them, anyway.

#3856 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Also the platformers from yesterday still seem to be on sale. At least some of them, anyway.

Looks like just the Rayman Origins sale ended, though it went on sale earlier than the others. There will still probably be someone who will say they missed it.

OP is updated.

#3857 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

Got Fez - was gonna hold out on Mark of the Ninja, but you guys' comments pushed me over the edge; damn you all.

#3858 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Updated the OP myself now with the correct prices for the avatar items ;)

#3859 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

I don't think you'll regret it. I really enjoyed the MotN demo. I can't wait to play it some more tonight.

#3860 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Seeing MotN still at 600 this morning, I checked out the Quick Look and it looks great. So, I'm rethinking my countdown purchase plan. For those who've played both, would you get Dust or MotN for 600? (don't have points for both)

Edit: What the hell. Picked up MotN & will try to pick up some extra points to get me through the sale.

Edited by fatboyjam, 21 December 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#3861 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

why isnt the la noire pass on sale?!?!

#3862 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Seeing MotN still at 600 this morning, I checked out the Quick Look and it looks great. So, I'm rethinking my countdown purchase plan. For those who've played both, would you get Dust or MotN for 600? (don't have points for both)

I've played both to nearly 100% completion. They're probably my two favorite XBLA games of the year. They're both extremely impressive in their own ways. Ninja solves the problem of how to make stealth games fun. Dust shows what one talented person working really, really hard can accomplish. (It's also a great "Metroidvania" game if you like that subgenre). I'd probably give Ninja the slightest edge as a game experience but I think the Dust guy deserves our money for making such an impressive game almost entirely single-handedly.

#3863 Renaissance 2K

Renaissance 2K

*nom nom nom*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Didn't heed the warning about Midnight Club's higher MSP price, and they ended up getting 280 extra points than they should have out of me. Bummer.

#3864 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

I've played both to nearly 100% completion. They're probably my two favorite XBLA games of the year. They're both extremely impressive in their own ways. Ninja solves the problem of how to make stealth games fun. Dust shows what one talented person working really, really hard can accomplish. (It's also a great "Metroidvania" game if you like that subgenre). I'd probably give Ninja the slightest edge as a game experience but I think the Dust guy deserves our money for making such an impressive game almost entirely single-handedly.

Thank you for your feedback. Each's game 'style' is impressive, but it's good to hear that both hold up in the 'substance' department too.Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong picking up either of these games. I'm definitely not feeling buyer's remorse after picking up Ninja, I just need to get some more points so I can pick up Dust too.
Posted Image

#3865 Mufasa47

Mufasa47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Looks like Fez, Rayman 3 and Sonic Adventure 2 are still at sale price. Trine 2, Hell Yeah and MotN are back at 1,200 each.

#3866 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

So far, the next day's sale content has been on sale on xbox.com a day in advance. Tony Hawk HD is not on sale yet. That's not good. I have points with its name on them, I may give in and buy it full price tomorrow if it's not on sale.

76561197977061647.png

#3867 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Aww don't cry luriden it'll be OK. I'll hug you.

I am excited for the sales on Sunday. Hope they're good prices!

#3868 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

If you guys aren't buying Train Simulator 2010 for 67% off, then I don't know what's wrong with you. ;)

#3869 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

Picked up Bully, RAW, and Rock Band 3. I had Rock Band 3 but going to give my disc to a friend who doesn't. Think I'll like it being on the hard drive and will probably play it more.

#3870 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

@The7thNumber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

This was my reaction to the rockstar sales....

MAX PAYNE 20 dollars off SWEET!

oh wait its still 40 dollars. -_- Nevermind.

Might pick up dust, skyrim DLC though.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png