XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#4081 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

After collecting 24 cubes in Fez, I'm already kind of bored with it. I heard it get's interesting after 32 cubes, but I don't know if I'll have the patience to track down the others. The map is a mess and not particularly useful, which doesn't make things easier. The game really doesn't offer you much help or hints at where to go next at all. Some people might like this fact, as it seems more "retro" that way, but I'd prefer a more guided approach. It starts to feel more like "work" at a certain point. Anyway, glad I waited for a pricedrop on that one... just wanted to add my 2 cents.

As for the rest of the sale, I'll probably end up buying Bully along with perhaps the Walking Dead if the price is right. Already picked up Mark of the Ninja and Dust.

I agree with you fully especially on the work part. What really makes it work is that every time you go up a level, or enter a room, you godda flip flip flip, ah nothing there, rinse repeat. At first there was a wow factor, but as the game chugs along it starts to get monotonous. And your 100% correct, the map is garbage, bout the only thing it's good for is letting you know you missed something. Feels like he just made a bunch of levels and then said "let's put a warp through this door for no reason." I do like the concept of it though it's a slight rip off of the psp game crush or echochrome. Anyway like you I am glad it only cost 400 ots.

125365.png

#4082 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'm downloading Dust right now. I'm still thinking about Deadlight.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4083 gavin0330

gavin0330

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Same for me, just got Dust and I'm on the fence about Deadlight

#4084 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Deadlight is a really good, short game. It starts off amazingly, kind of drags down in the middle, and finishes pretty well. For 400 points it's worth it.

ach.png

#4085 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Picked up Dust. It'll probably be my last XBLA download for the year unless they offer some amazing Borderlands deals.

I have to admit I was disappointed in the sales of XBLA games this year but these final year end sales completely redeemed the marketplace for me.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#4086 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

Deadlight is a really good, short game. It starts off amazingly, kind of drags down in the middle, and finishes pretty well. For 400 points it's worth it.

If it was 400 I'd pick it up but its 600. :P. I'm picking up Dust instead for 600, wish it was 400 but reviews say theres lots to do. More than Deadlight.

#4087 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Bummed that I missed Mark of the Ninja. Boo.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#4088 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I see that the reviews for the walking dead game is amazing. I love the t.v. series, but does the game really live up to it's expectations? Most likely, I'm going to download episode 1 for free and try it out. If I like it, I'll buy all the other episodes if it's a really good sale.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4089 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

I see that the reviews for the walking dead game is amazing. I love the t.v. series, but does the game really live up to it's expectations? Most likely, I'm going to download episode 1 for free and try it out. If I like it, I'll buy all the other episodes if it's a really good sale.

Yes, it really is as good as everyone says.

#4090 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Was hopin' for Dust to be 400 MSP (mainly, since I've got 150 MSP & I would have preferred to not spend $10 when I'd only be 50 MSP short of 600 MSP if I bought 400 MSP), but oh well. Think I'll still get it, despite it possibly getting pushed into my backlog after Xmas.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4091 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

didn't realize until recently how many quality XBLA titles came out. it's been a pretty good year!

#4092 dominator

dominator

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

So far I've gotten Zuma's Revenge, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Fez, Hell Yeah, Mark of the Ninja, Trine 2, Dust, Tony Hawk, and Deadlight. My backlog is now at 60 plus just on XBLA.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#4093 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Just want to say Dust: An Elysian Tale is AMAZING. Definitely worth it and a must-play in my eyes.

I got this game because Brad Shoemaker on Giantbomb's podcast said it was really good but most people won't play it because of the art. Damn impressive that one guy made the game IMO.

#4094 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

There was a small group of people who criticized the ending in a similar fashion to Mass Effect 3. That a game that made you feel you were making important choices in the end shoved the same result at you no matter what. But since it's such a narrative game in the first place you kind of have to excuse it I think.

For me though, once I heard the ending it's the exact sort of ending I despise in games so I'm not bothering. For most people though, it sounds like something to at least try out.

#4095 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

FOR GOD'S SAKE SORT THE LIST BY METASCORE! Best games on top...
At least the last couple days someone has been putting the Metascore in parenthesis.

Try to remember that not everyone places an emphasis on Metacritic scores. Perhaps there's someone who would like the list to be sorted by the largest discount. Or rather someone is waiting for a specific title to go on sale and therefore the fact that the list is sorted alphabetically will help them quickly find what they're looking for. Regardless of how it's sorted, it's not like it takes a long time to scan through the list, it's fairly short. And it is a wiki-post, you can edit it if it's that much of a concern.

#4096 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:19 PM

SHIT, I logged in every day to check the new games, and I even logged in on the 20th to check...
The first item was Fez and somehow Mark of the Ninja got stuck in the middle.
I missed it :( and it was on my radar as a must buy game :(
At least the last couple days someone has been putting the Metascore in parenthesis.

Now I gotta wait probably 6 months for Mark of the Ninja to go on sale again, and hope I don't miss it.
I hope they do a new years sale, repeating the best sellers of this sale for all those that don't open their Xbox Live account until Dec 25th...

Don't bother telling me it's worth 1200 points, I'm sure it is, but I'm a CAG.

What is this I don't even..

Its no ones fault but you're own for missing it. The information was there the entire time, before the countdown even started. Don't fault anyone or anything else for you overlooking a game you wanted.

Also, metascores are in no way the definitive reasoning for purchasing a game.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#4097 Ltrain8765

Ltrain8765

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

SHIT, I logged in every day to check the new games, and I even logged in on the 20th to check...

Now I gotta wait probably 6 months for Mark of the Ninja to go on sale again, and hope I don't miss it.
I hope they do a new years sale, repeating the best sellers of this sale for all those that don't open their Xbox Live account until Dec 25th...

To all the people who put so much time into the op. I DEMAND YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE IT!
Don't change a thing :lol:

#4098 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I downloaded the demo to episode 1 of Walking Dead. All I knew was that it was a point and click adventure game, but I had no idea it was so interactive. Really awesome, and I'm pumped up for a free episode. Depending on the cost I might just get the entire series. How long does each episode take to finish?

#4099 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

lol

#4100 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I downloaded the demo to episode 1 of Walking Dead. All I knew was that it was a point and click adventure game, but I had no idea it was so interactive. Really awesome, and I'm pumped up for a free episode. Depending on the cost I might just get the entire series. How long does each episode take to finish?

They are very interactive and it is a great game, but you need to be prepared for the slow pace. This is a story driven game and those who don't like it are usually simply expecting something different. Each episode takes roughly an hour and a half to two hours if you are not using guides.

#4101 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

You do know it is VGA Game of the Year, right? As far as I know it's story is better than the TV series.

#4102 allen9917

allen9917

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

You got yourself to blame, period.

#4103 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm offering a suggestion for making the list BETTER...
I missed a deal, so what...
But when a page lists hundreds of deals, most with very short expirations...
Why not point out the ones Cheap Ass Gamers should take notice of?

No one cares if a 50 rated game is 25% off, but most people here will care if an 80+ rated game is 50% off.
Especially if it is something that flew under the radar like Dust or Mark of the Ninja...

Thanks for the list... It's obviously useful.

lol none of those games flew under the radar. there were pages upon pages upon pages of discussion during the day of the sale. Nearly every post mentioned mark of the ninja. No one was talking about "a 50 rated game that is 25% off".

#4104 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:56 PM

Jeez what a brat, you spelled it out in the first paragraph, you missed reading about it so you missed the sale, no one should change anything but you.

Op is great dont listen to the haters

Edited by bajingo, 23 December 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#4105 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

I almost forgot why one should never comment in forums.
Thank you all for shining your enlightenment.
Merry Christmas.

#4106 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

The list is very clear, you can know which games are discounted each day, so there's no way you can miss a game you really want.

#4107 nypickle

nypickle

Orange and Blue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Merry Christmas.

and don't edit the wiki to file your grievances in it. The wiki is for the deals, not your opinions or suggestions.

#4108 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I'm not blaming anyone, I'm offering a suggestion for making the list BETTER...

Starting off a sentence with "FOR GOD'S SAKE..." makes it read more like a demand than a suggestion. And it only makes the list better for those that are purely focused on Metacritic scores, otherwise it makes the list more difficult to navigate for others.

But when a page lists hundreds of deals, most with very short expirations...
Why not point out the ones Cheap Ass Gamers should take notice of?

All the esential information is placed on the first page. You can also get just the sale info over here. The list of the titles that were going to be on sale leaked days before the sale went live. Several days before Dust went on sale there were numerous "I can't wait for Dust to go on sale" posts. CAGs did take notice.

#4109 ERROR SUCCESS

ERROR SUCCESS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

The "crap" MotN got shoved between was Rayman Origins and Fez, two very well received games. Not that it matters, this is a deals sight, and if deals start getting bumped about based on subjective concerns it could get out of hand quickly.

#4110 harry hood

harry hood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

Merry Christmas.

you came in here complaining about how the OP is set up because you missed a deal, even though you clearly said you didn't pay close enough attention to what games were on sale, with Fez being 1st and "mark of the ninja getting stuck in the middle" whatever the hell that means. I guess everything rated 80 and above on metacritic should be in bold letters and caps?