XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#421 DJP519

DJP519

Ready for a Vacation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

I know it's been on sale about 6 times, but if there is anyone who enjoyed Bioshock who still hasn't played Minerva's Den, let me remind you that it is AWESOME. Probably the best single-player DLC add-on I've ever played. Highest recommendation.

#422 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

S&S+ deals:

- Gripshift 400 MSP (1/2 off)
- Geon 400 MSP (1/2 off)
- Ikaruga 400 MSP (1/2 off)

Chain Reaction is Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light:

- Lara Doll avatar prop 120 MSP (1/2 off)
- A Hazardous Reunion 200 MSP (1/2 off)
- Raziel & Kain Character Pack 160 MSP (240 MSP off)
- All the Trappings 120 MSP (280 MSP off)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#423 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

I know it's been on sale about 6 times, but if there is anyone who enjoyed Bioshock who still hasn't played Minerva's Den, let me remind you that it is AWESOME. Probably the best single-player DLC add-on I've ever played. Highest recommendation.

Some of the developers responsible for Minerva's Den formed their own studio earlier this year.
http://www.giantbomb...rm-studio/4115/
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#424 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

S&S+ deals:

I hate to buy stuff from this app, but i'm interested in Gripshift...Hmm

#425 ChernobylCow

ChernobylCow

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Awesome, waited long enough and got Crysis 50%. Now RE4 50%, love it!

#426 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Edit: OH. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is ALSO half-off. It's $20/1600 MSP now.

Off the Record has been $20 on GoD for some time now. A buddy and I both bought it and beat it together back in August, and it was that price then. Best Dead Rising game, by far.

#427 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Remember the Spook-tacular Rewards offer ends Oct 31st. Spend 2,000 or more MSP on horror themed content and get 300 MSP back.

http://rewards.xbox....ing/october-fmi

Eligible games found at http://forums.xbox.c...9/t/361429.aspx

#428 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Off the Record has been $20 on GoD for some time now. A buddy and I both bought it and beat it together back in August, and it was that price then. Best Dead Rising game, by far.

Oh, my bad. I'll edit the post. Doesn't make any sense to have the DR2 GoD @ $30 then, but whatever, lol. I was just guessing because Spylon's site is really behind today for some reason.

http://forums.xbox.c...9/t/361429.aspx

That has to be the worst list I've ever seen, how is Metro 2033 not on there?

So I'll only be 800 (maybe 1200, I forget when All Zombies Must Die! was on sale) of the way there to the 2000? Now I really wish I had waited on getting Alan Wake: AN.

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $2 PayPal each

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#429 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

I don't think I'm gonna be able to resist RE4 at $10. Fuck. After the Saints Row 3 Season Pass, Artorias of the Abyss, Guilty Gear, and RE4, I'll be spending $50 on MSP this week alone. ;_;

#430 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

wish redeem codes for resident evil counted for the october rewards promo. i was in a hurry at trying to get them from here that i could of waited.

#431 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

Eh, worry less about numbers and more whether you like that type of game or not. There aren't too many 4-player co-op twin-stick shooters with easy Achievements and a free Avatar Award (demon baby prop) out there. Fans of the show will probably enjoy it since it has exclusive animation and a decent amount of humor.

Thanks for that Paul. I know it got pretty bad reviews, but I'm still pretty interested because of a lot of the things you mentioned. I'll be reading your review here in a few minutes. Nice to see it on sale, it's been out so long I was starting to think it was never gonna drop.

S&S+ deals:

- Geon 400 MSP (1/2 off)
- Ikaruga 400 MSP (1/2 off)

Thanks for posting these. I have actually never heard of Gripshift or Geon, so I'll look them up. As for Ikaruga, I could have sworn I bought it when it was 30% off a couple months ago, but I looked at my download and billing history and it's not there. Works out great because now I'll save 2 more bucks.

Minerva's Den is definitely excellent, I really enjoyed it as well! I'd say Undead Nightmare is my all time favorite DLC add-on, but Minerva's Den is way up there on my list.

wish redeem codes for resident evil counted for the october rewards promo. i was in a hurry at trying to get them from here that i could of waited.

Yeah, I stupidly traded for an RE4 code from a CAG for $12 just a couple weeks ago. Only out a couple bucks there, but with Halloween being so close I should have waited.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#432 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Apparently Geon and Gripshift are both action-puzzle games, which is a favorite genre of mine, and they both reviewed fairly well.

I really love when they put the really old XBLA games on sale, it feels like one last chance to pick up a decent game at a good price. I'll probably be buying everything from the S&S App this week, assuming both demos are ok. Nice job S&S app! :applause:

Check out my CAG Blog!

#433 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Well I batcaved in at the last minute and bought the Arkham Bundle anyway. So the weekly streak continued again this week after all (this is what the 5th or 6th week in a row of good stuff that I ended up buying something from?). From the sound of it I might get Geon and Gripshift this week as well. Don't know anything about them but I'll check them out when I get home tonight. I got excited when I saw Deadlight on the list but it's probably just being advertised with no actual discount. I hated when they did that last year...

#434 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:32 PM

Does anyone know if RE4HD is missing any of the extras that were included on the PS2 version of the game?

edit:

Never mind... this claims all the extras are included.

http://www.gamefaqs....il-4-hd/answers

Im a die hard RE fan... because of 4 i only keep up with the storyline now, maybe this will help me jump back into the series. Honestly though, RE has been letting me down for a while.

I wouldnt mind CVX to go on sale, but i heard its no where near as polished as 4HD is.

Ikaruga for 400 is awesome too, i cant believe im gonna spend money on that game again, i wouldnt bite at 600 a few months back, but i got 5 on ikaruga anytime, takes more than 5 bucks worth of quarters to beat it if youre rusty

Edited by Juice el Savior, 23 October 2012 - 02:38 PM.
forgot link

#435 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

Does anyone know if RE4HD is missing any of the extras that were included on the PS2 version of the game?

It has it all.

#436 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'm not very impressed with this weeks deals..but that might be because I already own RE4 (bought it Day 1 and haven't started it yet..same for Veronica ugh)

Neither the sales on the S&S+ are appealing...

#437 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Surprised about RE4, thought it would be $15. Bought it at day 1 though, it's so fun buy it.

#438 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

I would be all over RE4 if I didn't just get it from RE6 Archives. Might bite on Bioshock, even though I still have Crysis, Metro 2033, and YDKJ that I haven't really played yet...

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#439 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

[quote name='Juice el Savior']

I wouldnt mind CVX to go on sale, but i heard its no where near as polished as 4HD is.

/QUOTE]
RE4 is just a port of the gamecube version its not like its polished as well.

CVX is fun if you like the older style RE games.

#440 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Well you know who I'm talking to...

#441 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

RE4!: I have never been more excited about buying a last-gen game that I currently own and have already beaten. Perfect Dark came close but I was highly disappointed after buying it seeing the realization that I'm too old for FPS competitive multiplayer.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#442 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

[quote name='GUNNM'][quote name='Juice el Savior']

/QUOTE]
RE4 is just a port of the gamecube version its not like its polished as well.

CVX is fun if you like the older style RE games.[/QUOTE]

not polished well? What are you smoking? Isnt RE4HD supposed to be considered an "HD Port done right?"

#443 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Definitely in for RE4. Now my friend can stop bothering me to pick it up since I was waiting for this sale for some time. First time playing it since I never owned a PS2 or Gamecube.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#444 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

DAMIT! They just had to put Ikaruga and RE4 on sale. I have both games for the GameCube (in shrinkwrap I may add), but now I am seriously considering them because I'm an xbla hoarder.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#445 Juice el Savior

Juice el Savior

Urban Yeti

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Forget it. Didn't think this would lead more than two posts.

Every review i have read claims this is the definitive title... Was RE4 even remade on the GCN? I know it launched on the GCN and was then ported to the PS2 with extra stuff.

One example i read was how much better the draw distance of the game is and how you can really tell when fighting Del Lago.

My dilemma this week is either RE4 or DR2... Im sure DR2 will come down and/or i can find it some where cheaper... Never beat RE4, i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.

#446 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Looks like it's finally time for me to bite on "Crash Course" and " The Sacrifice" for Left 4 Dead.

#447 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

RE4 is definitely "fake HD". Don't expect current gen graphics. The controls are also could have used an update. But don't let any of that stop you the game is great even with those faults.

#448 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

RE4!: I have never been more excited about buying a last-gen game that I currently own and have already beaten. Perfect Dark came close but I was highly disappointed after buying it seeing the realization that I'm too old for FPS competitive multiplayer.

I was actually really disappointed by Perfect Dark XBLA as well. The game didn't hold up nearly as well as I remembered.

not polished well? What are you smoking? Isnt RE4HD supposed to be considered an "HD Port done right?"

Most of what I read about RE4 HD is that people weren't overly happy with how it turned out. I personally didn't find anything wrong with it, it looked find to me, but I am not a videophile at all.

Check out my CAG Blog!

#449 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Every review i have read claims this is the definitive title... Was RE4 even remade on the GCN? I know it launched on the GCN and was then ported to the PS2 with extra stuff.

One example i read was how much better the draw distance of the game is and how you can really tell when fighting Del Lago.

My dilemma this week is either RE4 or DR2... Im sure DR2 will come down and/or i can find it some where cheaper... Never beat RE4, i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.

Just get RE4.
$10 is an awesome price for a really fun game.

#450 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

Looks like it's finally time for me to bite on "Crash Course" and " The Sacrifice" for Left 4 Dead.

If you have l4d2 when I bought cold stream it seems to come with crash course. I deleted crash course to be sure and I still had the campaign on l4d2.