Photo
- - - - -

XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5867 replies to this topic

#4891 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I've been playing through EP1 just now of The Walking Dead and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I expected. I actually haven't played any of Telltale's point and click adventure games (I've played others though on Steam/PC awhile ago). I'm sucked in.

#4892 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

I've played through the game 2.5 times (the XBLA version) and have never had an issue with this. Sometimes I think people just don't read and press buttons and then get pissed off at the developer. If you pay attention and be careful when you're saving your game, I highly doubt you'll have a problem. I'm not saying there can't be an issue every once in awhile. But the idea that it's so widespread like this thread has made it seem over the past 24 hours is absurd. Most of the time, it's an operator malfunction.

Forgive me, but it's really rude and ignorant of you to say things like that simply because you didn't personally experience any glitch like that. There's a whole forum full of people with the same problem (Telltale's forums) and others in this thread that had the same issue, and yet you want to be rude and act like we're all idiots who don't know how to play a simple game.

I'll have you know that I made sure to start at Episode 3 when I started my game up, thank you. Again, there are plenty of others who can say they've had the exact same problem.

Simply put, go be condescending elsewhere if you want to be negative and have nothing to contribute towards the problem.

#4893 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

I've played through the game 2.5 times (the XBLA version) and have never had an issue with this. Sometimes I think people just don't read and press buttons and then get pissed off at the developer. If you pay attention and be careful when you're saving your game, I highly doubt you'll have a problem. I'm not saying there can't be an issue every once in awhile. But the idea that it's so widespread like this thread has made it seem over the past 24 hours is absurd. Most of the time, it's an operator malfunction.

many people have had this issue with walking dead including me

never had it with any other game and i've played countless games

#4894 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Forgive me, but it's really rude and ignorant of you to say things like that simply because you didn't personally experience any glitch like that. There's a whole forum full of people with the same problem (Telltale's forums) and others in this thread that had the same issue, and yet you want to be rude and act like we're all idiots who don't know how to play a simple game.

I'll have you know that I made sure to start at Episode 3 when I started my game up, thank you. Again, there are plenty of others who can say they've had the exact same problem.

Simply put, go be condescending elsewhere if you want to be negative and have nothing to contribute towards the problem.

Well, I don't know what to tell you then. I guess God just loves me more than he loves you, lol. Geez, people. Settle down. I just saw a lot of people making it sound like it was some unavoidable glitch just waiting to happen, and throwing a lot of undeserved hate at a really great game. I paid full price for every episode and enjoyed the hell out of the game. Not buying it for less than half price because of the possibility of a bug is crazy.

#4895 Abbadon74

Abbadon74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Can someone sell me either way (un-sell?) on The Walking Dead episodes 2 and up, particularly if I've already been VERY gluttonous with games in general this December (not to mention this sale), and am torn between TWD episodes and the Skyrim DLC, AND have limited points? (All that in one sentence.)

-B

#4896 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Can someone sell me either way (un-sell?) on The Walking Dead episodes 2 and up, particularly if I've already been VERY gluttonous with games in general this December (not to mention this sale), and am torn between TWD episodes and the Skyrim DLC, AND have limited points? (All that in one sentence.)

-B

i think most people were sold or unsold by their first 15 minutes with episode one or so, so you could do that :P

#4897 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

I Look forward to buying it when it's half off.

Me to. No offense to the deveoper/publisher but the game has been delayed forever and was free for PSN+ members. If It's released at 1200pts I would totally balk at it. 800pts is still iffy, but they really need to come down in price for making us wait so long.

I'd imagine it will be 1200, to match up with with the PSN and PC price. But no matter the price, you're both right in waiting for a sale. It's a funny and unique game, but the gameplay is lacking to the point where the game actually became boring. I paid $10 for it on the PSN trade thread when it first came out, and that felt like a little bit much.

600 is not a typical price point for XBLA games. It's more than likely a temporary sale price, although it probably needs a permanent drop to 800.

600 is very unusual for a normal price, but Faery: Legends of Avalon actually had a permanent price drop to 600 MSP just a couple months ago. So it is possible.

i think most people were sold or unsold by their first 15 minutes with episode one or so, so you could do that :P

This is probably very accurate. Play a little bit of episode 1 and you'll see exactly what the game is like, and then you can decide if you want to spend 800MSP and 5-10 hours on a game like that.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4898 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

-B

The amount of hand-holding needed in this thread is ridiculous.

mwb1138.gif

#4899 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

-B

I don't think gameplay will have anything to do with it. If you think you want to play an interactive zombie survival tale then go for it. Most people who are into that sort of thing seem to enjoy the game.

#4900 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

One could also say the amount of rude people who can't simply put someone on ignore and instead choose to make obnoxious remarks about them is ridiculous.

It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

#4901 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

Some more deals are up:
Toy Story 3 800msp
Crazy Taxi 200msp

#4902 billydeewilliams

billydeewilliams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

i got a question. how does one go about bringing their saved game data over to another xbox? for example i recovered my gamertag on my friends xbox so i could play minecraft. i thought once i had recovered my gamertag on his console i would be able to play my created worlds that i saved. howeverthis was not the case. nothing was there. sorry if this question seems dumb.

#4903 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Splatters up for 200, nuts and bolts for 800. Cag opinions on splatters? Fun or frustrating

#4904 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

i got a question. how does one go about bringing their saved game data over to another xbox? for example i recovered my gamertag on my friends xbox so i could play minecraft. i thought once i had recovered my gamertag on his console i would be able to play my created worlds that i saved. howeverthis was not the case. nothing was there. sorry if this question seems dumb.

I'm not sure about this but I think you need to save your minecraft game data to the cloud. Or a usb stick.

#4905 sweatysides

sweatysides

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

FYI, you can pick up BK: Nuts N Bolts for $10 Pre-owned on Retail. Heres hoping Cars 2 hits 800 and im buying most of tonights/tomorrows deals.

#4906 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

wow, 200 msp for crazy taxi? This one I have to think about. No ads, or classic music def. affect my decision.

#4907 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Splatters up for 200, nuts and bolts for 800. Cag opinions on splatters? Fun or frustrating

Fun enough. Feels a little bit like a touchscreen based phone game, but for 200 MSP it's easily worth it.

Also, AVATAR AWARDS!!!

wow, 200 msp for crazy taxi? This one I have to think about. No ads, or classic music def. affect my decision.

For 200 MSP I'm thinking about rebuying (I won it for PSN when it came out), mostly for AVATAR AWARDS!!! but you have to play 5 and 10 hours to unlock them, which kind of sucks. I hate requirements like that.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4908 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Wow, apparently "Crash of the Titans" is a Crash Bandicoot game? I had no idea this game existed. I was confused, thought that Crash of the Titans was the sequel to Clash of the Titans, and we were getting a game based on that movie.

Anyways, what the hell is Crash of the Titans and is it any good? Looks like it's down to $9.99.

#4909 Ciffy

Ciffy

I like the pretty lights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Pretty sure Cars 2 was 29.99 when I checked earlier today and now its showing as 19.99, *sad trumpet*

#4910 wolverinefactor

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 AM

crash of the titans is great. ill be grabbing it. too bad about cars 2

#4911 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

i have 900 points left

can't decide between banjo and kazooie, toy story 3, or crash of the titans

#4912 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

So are we going to retire this thread at the start of the new year. Start with that new thread smell on Jan 1? :)
Posted Image

#4913 Mdesilva

Mdesilva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:24 AM

I might have just spoiled Walking Dead for myself…

Screw it, I'm buying it anyway

#4914 Abbadon74

Abbadon74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Awww. That hurts. I'm scared. Hold my hand.

-B

#4915 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Oh man...well crazy taxi and splatters both hit the price I said I would buy them at. (I made up my mind to hold to certain prices as long as I will actually play the game once in a while)

Good news about Toy story as I was planning on getting that at 800 but was hoping nuts and bolts would have been half off to make it 600. We'll see. Probably a pass. Now to make the decision on the walking dead....

#4916 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

So are we going to retire this thread at the start of the new year. Start with that new thread smell on Jan 1? :)

I would like to see a new thread started by someone who will maintain it by them self. Right now I'd say the obvious frontrunner would be Cornelius, since he already does a shit-ton of working maintaining the current OP.

#4917 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

Lol, I wouldn't put it quite like that, but it is funny to me that so many people come to this thread for recommendations and opinions when in many cases they could discover a lot by... drum roll, please... downloading the demo.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#4918 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Offspring = classic music ???? :shock:

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#4919 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

I would like to see a new thread started by someone who will maintain it by them self. Right now I'd say the obvious frontrunner would be Cornelius, since he already does a shit-ton of working maintaining the current OP.

I second that nomination - though I have no issue whatsoever with reddjoey retaining the throne - but if someone else decides to adopt the thread as his/her own and doesn't make it a wiki thread... bye!

Offspring = classic music ???? :shock:

Well in this case, yes. Or should I say...

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#4920 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

FYI, you can pick up BK: Nuts N Bolts for $10 Pre-owned on Retail. Heres hoping Cars 2 hits 800 and im buying most of tonights/tomorrows deals.

Don't forget that BK was released in a 2 disc pack with Viva Pinata as a 360 console bundle and can be found for $10-15. Both games and manuals are original discs, only the case is shared.