justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Because I already had most of the GOOD stuff all I've nabbed so far is:
Walking Dead (all eps)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass

Thinking about:
Rock Band 3 (have disc but slight crack sometimes kills game... :/ )
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: none :ps4: inFamous Second Son, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Thief
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y
:psp: Dragons Crown, LBP Vita, Smart As, Sound Shapes

#5162 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Just a quick question about Dawnguard dlc for skyrim.
Has it been on sale before?
I have it listed as bought and I am sure I did not buy it at 1600 msp.

#5163 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hearthfire is supposed to drop to 200.

http://majornelson.c...m-and-oblivion/

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#5164 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:59 AM

Just a quick question about Dawnguard dlc for skyrim.
Has it been on sale before?
I have it listed as bought and I am sure I did not buy it at 1600 msp.

http://xbldb.com/offers/005-490

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#5165 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks, I must of got it during deal of week, should of waited

#5166 Cornelius

Cornelius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

I'd really like to know why "bigger" purchases like GoDs end up being sort of taxed when you proceed to checkout... Skyrim is no exception, as when I choose MSP to pay for it the grand total changes to 2520, 5% more of its planned price.

If I recall correctly, that happened when I bought Dark Void too, so it seems to be a fee tied to Games on Demand... is it a known fact? Are other euro countries being affected in this way too? Or Italy simply picked the short straw, while Hungary took the longest one? :)

If you converted to points, then you won't get taxed, because then you're entirely within Microsoft's "stored value system". However, by using US Treasury Reserve Notes within a state where Microsoft has a corporate presence (which is all 50 states), then they're required to collect sales tax. If you have the points, or can buy points at a retailer ***, then you'll avoid that 5% "tax".

*** = Note that I've never been charged tax here in WA state when buying points from a major retailer, nor from CrazyGameTime, since I guess most retailers treat it just like a gift-card ... and therefore, have avoided paying tax on both the points & the GoD transaction.

70109.png
I don't always buy :360: points, but when I do, I click this CrazyGameTime affiliate link below
Cornelius's gamercard, so CGT will forward 2% of the proceeds so he can buy more points!

#5167 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

augh when will heartfire be discounted ;/

#5168 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

*** = Note that I've never been charged tax here in WA state when buying points from a major retailer, nor from CrazyGameTime, since I guess most retailers treat it just like a gift-card ... and therefore, have avoided paying tax on both the points & the GoD transaction.

I have here in WA, only at Gamestop though. And more then once. It was odd and obviously I have never purchased them from there since.

#5169 BUTTON_sMASHER

BUTTON_sMASHER

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

First post. My loot during these holiday sales and discounts have been:
Spelunky
Mark Of the Ninja
Dust
Rock of Ages
Rayman Origons
Bastion
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Catan DLC
Golden retriever puppy for avatar
Outland
Puzzle Quest 1 and 2
Scott Pilgrim DLC
Shoot Many Robots
L4D2 and DLC
A World For Keflings
Guardian Heroes
Magic 2011 and 2012
Torchlight
Fire Pro Wrestling
Zeit
Realm of Ancient War
Burnout Crash
The Splatters
The Walking Dead
Dishwasher Vampire Smiles

This is including stuff from Black Friday era too. Might not even be a complete list of what I got. But I want to thank every one for compiling such great info and allowing me to prepare myself for how expensive being a cheapass is.

#5170 Crono-00

Crono-00

CAG, to Broke-AG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

As the new year is coming, I am sure many here like I were beneficiaries of some really great discounts on Xbox Live content. At some points through this countdown, we've gotten some discounts exceeding the likes of Steam discounts (I think most CAGs are aware of the kinds of discounts on that platform, even if he/she does not partake in any of it). I know most of us here hit the 2000MSP mark for the December Xbox Live Rewards offer, and will likely get a decent 2% return for our purchases from MyAchievements as well from the rewards.

As the holidays could be for some, there's always some sort of squabbling ^^, even on this thread. It's expected with the added traffic and activity with the countdown to New Years with additional channels of discounts like the Sales & Specials + app alongside the regular Deal of the Week, there's much discussion to be had on this thread. My posts on this thread tends to be walls of text, so I've mercifully hidden my thoughts behind spoiler tags (and some abuse of the youtube tag) and made the topic in bold; just understand that these are just my opinions which are of my own weird tastes in games and has a high likelihood not being similar to that of others. Don't worry, I respect your opinions as well, and I feel how others spend their money and Microsoft points are their own business, and I definitely know that part of being a CAG is timing.

The thread gets jumping when a high quality discount is live, especially now with the quantity of them, but also whenever there's mention of Fez. I can distinguish an artist from their creation. For instance, I am able to enjoy Shadow Complex despite having an opposing political view to Orson Scott Card (writer of a book from which the game's story is loosely based on), so when I say that I did not enjoy Fez, I am talking about the game without association with its creator. Also some spoilers in my opinion of the game:
Spoiler

I think Phil Fish is extremely ungraceful wielding English, it's just that simple, but he sure can market something.
Spoiler

Speaking of wrestling, that's one of my potential last minute considerations for this countdown to New Years sale.
Spoiler

Some somewhat quick personal recommendations for last minute purchases:
Spoiler

I think I typed a bit much, so maybe I'll save some for my next wall of text =P. Anyway, we had great sales through the year, I got almost all I wanted. I'm still waiting on just a few more XBLA titles to get a discount like: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD, Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, the Sega Model 2 titles, and DLC. I still look forward to surprises for discounts in the future. Happy New Year everyone, get your bargain games ^^.

Edited by Crono-00, 31 December 2012 - 07:49 PM.
Figured to do something other than list my take from the sales ^^

#5171 BUTTON_sMASHER

BUTTON_sMASHER

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Crono-00's reply reminded me that I got Fez as well. No strong opinion on the game yet.

World of Keflings is definitely busy work. Like a Sim game with where you can be as leisurely as you want. Introduced me to Avatar famestar(which is pretty worthless with so few famestar titles). My son is obsessed with Raskulls though, and purchasing Keflings unlocks a character for Vs. mode.

Fingers crossed for Mark of The Wolves DotW.

#5172 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

If you converted to points, then you won't get taxed, because then you're entirely within Microsoft's "stored value system". However, by using US Treasury Reserve Notes within a state where Microsoft has a corporate presence (which is all 50 states), then they're required to collect sales tax. If you have the points, or can buy points at a retailer ***, then you'll avoid that 5% "tax".

Maybe it wasn't clear enough from my post, but I'm from Italy and dunno how much of the Microsoft's corporate presence reasoning can be applied for Europe countries. Plus, I've always bought points from online resellers (Electronic First mostly), but you could have a point and the problem may reside in the fact that the point cards I've used have been "imported" from outside, so I don't pay anything on the spot but they charge me when I purchase certain things.

The strangest aspect of this issue is that the actual "tax" is applied on Games on Demand only, not on all Marketplace content: I'm able to buy discounted XBLA games or DLC at their exact price, but when I snatch games like Dark Void or Resident Evil 4 HD my final price has always been increased by 5%, hence my doubt on the matter...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#5173 wgpfly

wgpfly

ThE AzN PaNdA MaN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

Rock Band 3 Yay or Nay?
I'm undecided on this as it would either be this or Kefflings DLC.

#5174 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm kicking myself for not getting Fez at 400 pts, anyone think it'll go on sale again soon?

#5175 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Lol bought Hearthfire for 320 MSP thinking it was the sale price =P if it get's a discount today as it is supposed to be, I will try getting a refund >.<"

Anyway so far I got these items from the Sale:
A World of Keflings DLC - Sugar, Spice and not so nice
Fez
Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Jet Set Radio
Skyrim Dawnguard
Skyrim Hearthfire
Sonic Adventure 2
The Walking Dead (all Episodes)
Trine 2

Still considering Zuma's Revenge and Fire Pro Wrestling...

#5176 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I've picked up:

Borderlands 2 season pass
TWD episodes

Really not much else caught my eye. Probably shoulda bit on Mark of the Ninja but my physical backlog is already pretty high. Will pick up Hearthfire if that goes on sale today.

#5177 dominator

dominator

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

lol I had 9200 MSP to work with, now I'm left with 3200 after just the holiday sale. I'm still debating whether I want to pick up the Skyrim DLC, I haven't even started on the main game!

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#5178 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

lol I had 9200 MSP to work with, now I'm left with 3200 after just the holiday sale. I'm still debating whether I want to pick up the Skyrim DLC, I haven't even started on the main game!

It's half off so that's a good price.

#5179 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Picked up:
Fez
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Dawnguard

Also waiting to see if Hearthfire drops.
Posted Image

#5180 Hyperglide

Hyperglide

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hearthfire is showing 200 MSP on Major Nelsons site. So it's 50% off. Update OP? Also should I pick up Doom II? Anyone played it? I have great memories of playing that as a teen growing up and now that it's only 400 MSP is it worth that price point? I wanna get Heartfire too and I only have 600 MSP.

So should I get Doom II + Hearthfire or Super Meat Boy for 600 MSP? Opinions please!

#5181 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

They should have REALLY included the Dragonborn DLC even if it was just 25% off or something...oh well.

233526.png

https://www.facebook...stractedRealism (pinup/boudoir/etc)
https://www.facebook...ulhaPhotography (scenery/families/babies/etc)

#5182 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hearthfire is showing 200 MSP on Major Nelsons site. So it's 50% off.

The blog says that but the actual drop has not occurred yet.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#5183 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

If it were me I'd get Doom 2 and Hearthfire, but plenty of people love SMB. You probably can't go wrong with either choice.

Best solution would be to find some more MSP.

#5184 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

If it were me I'd get Doom 2 and Hearthfire, but plenty of people love SMB. You probably can't go wrong with either choice.

Best solution would be to find some more MSP.

Check in between your couch cushions...I always find some spare MSP there.

#5185 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Lol bought Hearthfire for 320 MSP thinking it was the sale price =P if it get's a discount today as it is supposed to be, I will try getting a refund >.<"

I thought dlc was the same price everywhere as it is in msp, it says 400 for me?

#5186 spree4567

spree4567

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hearthfire just dropped

#5187 fatboyjam

fatboyjam

A Champagne Jam

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hearthfire is showing 200 MSP on Major Nelsons site. So it's 50% off. Update OP? Also should I pick up Doom II? Anyone played it? I have great memories of playing that as a teen growing up and now that it's only 400 MSP is it worth that price point? I wanna get Heartfire too and I only have 600 MSP.

So should I get Doom II + Hearthfire or Super Meat Boy for 600 MSP? Opinions please!

If you liked the demo, I wouldn't think twice about picking up Super Meat Boy. It's a deep and very rewarding platformer. Hearthfire is more of a novelty and timewaster for Skyrim and, if the Oblivion DLC is any indicator, it will be on sale again (and again) in the near future.
Posted Image

#5188 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Wow. What a haul this year, between the DotWs and the 14-day promotion I ended up getting:

Spoiler

I owned everything else aside from the MW3 DLCs, the BL2 Season Pass, Zuma's Revenge (still waiting on that disk), ALL the Lego games (which I'm STILL kicking myself for not getting, especially since I got a disk version of Lego HP 5 - 7 for Christmas), Midnight Club LA, Max Payne 3, RB3, Banjo N & B, Cars 2, Crash of the Titans, Crazy Taxi (waiting for that disk), Dungeon Defenders, Wrecked Revenge Revisited & the avatar crapola. Nevermind the fact that I went crazy on BF and picked up everything I didn't have aside from the Darksiders 2, Sleeping Dogs, ME 3, Gotham City Impostors and Expendables 2 stuff. I'd say I've bought quite a bit of MSP this holiday season, thanks for making it easier on the wallet Target.

A tad disappointed there wasn't just a Sega/Sonic day like last year since I missed out, but oh well.

Still deciding on RB3 and Wrecked Revenge Revisited since I already have all that Skyrim stuff. Q: If I get the RB3 GoD do the songs export to any of the other games (since there's no manual & code)? I'm most specifically interested in if they export to RBB and vice-versa.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#5189 Maineavalanche

Maineavalanche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

They should have REALLY included the Dragonborn DLC even if it was just 25% off or something...oh well.

I agree. I don't really like sales where only select dlc's go on sale. Plus, I think they miss a lot of buys by holding it back. Oh well, it was still a great sale and I certainly was happy with some of the deals offered.

#5190 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

All I ended up getting:

Abominable Snowman Outfit (80 points) - My kids loved it!
Kinect Party (free)
Fez (400 points)
Skyrim Dawnguard DLC (800 points)
Skyrim Hearthfire DLC (200 points)

Total: 1480 points

Can't deny that this was a great sale, there just ended up being very little that I was interested in and didn't already have.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df